Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 07:55 Go to next message
it seems for every part I install on my car, I take another two off , receive one in the mail and scavenge another from wreckers.

As a result I have piles of stuff lying around, filling up my garage, shed, and bedroom!

does anyone else have this sort of problem? (and have to explain to people who enter your bedroom why there are boxes filled with "weird metal things" everywhere)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know what you mean,
I built a 30 x 20 garage to do my project, it now has so much stuff (AKA Crap) in it i can hardly move, dosent help to have a teenage son adicted to toyotas as well.
we have just filled a 6x4 trailer with some real crap to toss out soon
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in that case do you have any ke25 parts laying around ?
In particular a passenger window and a lefthand tail light ?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have a 4 car garage at my place, and i still store a LOT of stuff at my Dad's house....
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I thought I was the only one with this problem. I have a double tandem garage and a shed FULL. started piling stuff under the house. Sad

I think we should set up a rehabilitation class for people like us. like AA or something.

I think the only way I can get rid of it all is to let my wife run loose in there.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2005 10:18]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I haven't got the luxury or room to have cars bits and pieces around the place - except a few spare bits for the old girl. However I got two rooms and a workshop full of old museum computers and electronic shit. Next council clean up I'm gonna bite the bullet and toss some of this crap out.

seeyuzz
river
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 20:47

Hi,

I haven't got the luxury or room to have cars bits and pieces around the place - except a few spare bits for the old girl. However I got two rooms and a workshop full of old museum computers and electronic shit. Next council clean up I'm gonna bite the bullet and toss some of this crap out.

seeyuzz
river
Not yet you don't. Let me know what you have. I'm a collector of old computer stuff. Currently my focus is on CPU's (any platform or controlling device).
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a 1 1/2 car garage, carport and my bedroom and there is stuff everywhere aswell... my parents are going nuts over all the stuff and what spins them out even more is that i am continually buying more stuff and storing it Laughing

i think its a normal thing IMHO especially when your into cars and projects... hell i got that must stuff that there is no more room and i am starting to store things in my daily driver, my spare TA22 and my project TA22 Rolling Eyes

i got stuff on benches, under benches and every little crevis i can find... the funny thing is that i will want something in 6 months and still know exactly where it is UNLESS someone comes and moves it and then i got nuts looking for it

if my parents didnt have things to store i recon i would own the garage and wouldnt let anyone near it Laughing
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, we got the same problem, but its mainly fibreglass panels laying around here... they start in the garage, down both sides of the house, in the backyard behind the cars, down the sides of the cars.. the front room, the kinda dining room, my new metal hatch is even sleeping in the double bed in the spare room upstairs....
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its just not a project if u dont have stuff laying around
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sat, 29 January 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i've just gotten rid of 3 cars, and about to get rid of four more... that leaves 3 of my cars, and about... 4 or 5 more left..

then theres the garage, under the house, etc etc...

hmmmmmm i think we all have psychological problems....
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah stu
were all fien
the rest fo the worlds got the problem Smile
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 01:34

its just not a project if u dont have stuff laying around

TRUE as said !

Like a sence from "The Castle"
You do have admit to get the Corolla out you have to move the soarer so that you can move the corona then move the camry but not before you move the supra then you can move AW11 MR2 then its the celicas turn then you can move the hilux, HiAce, LiteAce, Surf, LandCruiser, SW20 MR2, AE86 Sprinter and then you'll be able to get the corolla out but till after the Altessa's moved !
Damn it now i don't remember what i was going on about !
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha 2 funny,i was just out the back and looked across the pergola,sports seats 4 ta22 doors one wrecked celica in the background one being restored various celica bits everywhere,open the garage theres the ST and more celica parts diffs etc,I love it but fukk it looks like a brothel Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

[quote title=Apollo wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 22:42]
Quote:

Not yet you don't. Let me know what you have. I'm a collector of old computer stuff. Currently my focus is on CPU's (any platform or controlling device).

CPU's, eh? On the board or just standalone CPUs?

I checked on the weekend. As far as standalones, I got a number of 8080, 8085, 8088, 8086, 6800, 6802, 6809, 6502, 6504, 2650, 9900, SC/MP, 68000, 68008 and Z80 chips. Also got all the various peripheral chips, EPROM, dynamic and static RAMs, and system chips to make complete systems out of the above processors. A number of these devices are ceramic, which the chip collectors seem to love.

If you're talking about Pentiums, then most of mine are in systems - P60, P75, P90, P133, and P166 machines. Also got a number of 286, 386 and 486 machines.

Other stuff is Tallgrass tape/disk units, some monitors, HP plotter, few old dot-matrix printers and other assorted stuff, as well as numerous SBC (Intel Multibus, Motorola MicroModule)and other development systems.

seeyuzz
river
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gazza53 wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 19:03

i know what you mean,
I built a 30 x 20 garage to do my project, it now has so much stuff (AKA Crap) in it i can hardly move, dosent help to have a teenage son adicted to toyotas as well.
we have just filled a 6x4 trailer with some real crap to toss out soon

you got a lucky little boy there
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Sun, 30 January 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 01:37

hmmmmmm i think we all have psychological problems....

not only do i collect parts but i wash my hands in grease and oil over 20 times a day and i have an abnormal liking of the smell of WD-40 brand of water dispersant.

ohh yeah, my left hand is constantly in a anti-clockwise 'undoing a bolt with a spanner' motion, and i sometimes like to singe my testicle hairs on a red hot exhaust manifold.

*CRIES* PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME!!!!!!! I WAS ONCE LIKE YOU!!!!Crying or Very Sad

Greg whats your diagnosis? Eye Spin
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a freaky version of ob-com
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is good to collect big heavy stuff now and then - as there's nothing quite as aurally impressive as chucking heavy cast-iron objects into an empty "scrap steel in here" container at a transfer station.

kaboooooommm.....

The willawong station is great for this - enourmous hall, lots of hard, flat surfaces to reflect sound, large shipping-container-sized bins lining the edges for various kinds of recyclable metal scrap, workers lazy enough to let us idiots throw, not tip, the iron heads (3 in total) into the bins and then enjoying the boom and resulting echo.

... quite childish really... up there with blowing up letterboxes... Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 13:23

is good to collect big heavy stuff now and then - as there's nothing quite as aurally impressive as chucking heavy cast-iron objects into an empty "scrap steel in here" container at a transfer station.

kaboooooommm.....

The willawong station is great for this - enourmous hall, lots of hard, flat surfaces to reflect sound, large shipping-container-sized bins lining the edges for various kinds of recyclable metal scrap, workers lazy enough to let us idiots throw, not tip, the iron heads (3 in total) into the bins and then enjoying the boom and resulting echo.

not childish at all, we have fun at my work doing this, we have to break any old heads/cams/cranks that are too FUBAR'd for even us to fix, imaging throwing at 1m long cam at the ground till it breaks, and it part of our job, and belting the fuck out of commodore V6 heads with a dirty big hammer till they smash Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have way too much shit, and thats after I threw some out. And that just at the workshop. I'm always randomly finding stuff whenever I "clean up". As well as that stuff, there is random shit lying around my bedroom, computer room and backyard shed.

Oh, and the Celica is a mobile storage shed.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe - I know that feeling exactly nathan. I could pop the hatch on my ma61 and inside it would be all the parts needed for it to be a complete car, just not installed Razz
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 20:46

thechuckster wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 13:23

kaboooooommm.....

not childish at all, we have fun at my work doing this, we have to break any old heads/cams/cranks that are too FUBAR'd for even us to fix, imaging throwing at 1m long cam at the ground till it breaks, and it part of our job, and belting the fuck out of commodore V6 heads with a dirty big hammer till they smash Very Happy

ahaha i hear ya at my work if somethings well and truly screwed or is covered by warrenty we have to totally destroy it so its no salvageable ( i.e. so no1 knicks it out of the bin ) who wants to fix the car when its way more fun to smash it to bits Very Happy
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=river wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 22:41]Hi,

Apollo wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 22:42

Quote:

CPU's, eh? On the board or just standalone CPUs?

I checked on the weekend. As far as standalones, I got a number of 8080, 8085, 8088, 8086, 6800, 6802, 6809, 6502, 6504, 2650, 9900, SC/MP, 68000, 68008 and Z80 chips. Also got all the various peripheral chips, EPROM, dynamic and static RAMs, and system chips to make complete systems out of the above processors. A number of these devices are ceramic, which the chip collectors seem to love.

If you're talking about Pentiums, then most of mine are in systems - P60, P75, P90, P133, and P166 machines. Also got a number of 286, 386 and 486 machines.

Other stuff is Tallgrass tape/disk units, some monitors, HP plotter, few old dot-matrix printers and other assorted stuff, as well as numerous SBC (Intel Multibus, Motorola MicroModule)and other development systems.

seeyuzz
river

Oh yea. All of those CPU's sound great. Very Happy And I'll take any brand. IBM, motorola, TI, Kingston, IIT, whatever, I've got a multi-tabbed spreadsheet for a reason to keep my collection listed. Smile

Onboard or not, doesn't really matter. And as for pentium, I've got most of the pentium era stuff. But I'm always open to more socket 4 things like the CPU's and motherboards. The only other pentium labelled things I'm after would be the rarer things like PII overdrives for socket8, laptop CPU's and xeon's but I don't expect you to have any of those things just laying around. Wink
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Mon, 31 January 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 21:05

well i have a 4 car garage at my place, and i still store a LOT of stuff at my Dad's house....

i do the same thing LOL
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Tue, 01 February 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had half a shed full of ta22 parts , then slowly wittled it down.

Now i have a small corner for the more expensive items like IC cores , injectors etc , a ta22 bonnet which hopefully will go soon and my prized grp A gt4 bonnet , 3 small boxes of odds and sods from my spare motor ( now sold ) and thats about it.

i need another car though ..
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: The "too much crap" thread - who else has this problem? Tue, 01 February 2005 09:28 Go to previous message
I have been moving all the stuff out of my parents garage into my own after moving out.

I must have made a dozen trips with cardboard boxes full of crap over the last month, and I'm still picking things up from various sources, and getting bits in the mail.

Me thinks a garage sale is on the cards after the next conversion is completed (That means mine, damo's, and franks. Prolly peters too, not sure about that one)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anti-Drift FACTION
Next Topic:DUI Info.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:24:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.069254159927368 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.