Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

3S-GTE RWD Engine mount construction guide Sat, 29 January 2005 14:04 Go to next message
Well this is part of a long time coming RWD 3S-GTE tutorial. Have a look and let me know of any spelling mistakes, punctuation errors etc etc.
Click here.
  Send a private message to this user    
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3S-GTE RWD Engine mount construction guide Sun, 30 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very good, it would be good to make up a kit to do this Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3S-GTE RWD Engine mount construction guide Sun, 30 January 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very good mate! I just started a thread about my 3SGTE conversion before I saw this post. Has already answered one of my questions on the best way to sort out the inlet side mount.

So if this all bolts up to the original xmember.. How is the engine located, like does it sit nice & low and close to the firewall?

I was going to use the 2S mount on the exhaust side and cut/weld the mount on the xmember to the correct location.
Might not be necessary now..

Cheers
Joel

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 02:51]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3S-GTE RWD Engine mount construction guide Sun, 30 January 2005 03:01 Go to previous message
The engine will sit as high or low as you want depending on how you cant and weld the mount halfs together. I have mine sitting only a few mm off the crossmember.
In the TA22 when the engine is bolted in, it sits a fair way away from the firewall. I solved this by drilling out the spot welds holding the mounts to the crossmember and then moved them back. This is very easy to do because the standard mounts sit waaaay forward on member anyway.
I'll try and get some photos of before and after to make things easier to explain. But if you look in your engine bay you know what i'm on about anyway.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 03:02]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2T won't idle
Next Topic:Stallling the A340 auto..will an oil cooler save the transmition???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:35:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049760341644287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.