Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Dare I say... Absinthe?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 16:40 Go to next message
Im extremely curious by the alcohol absinthe, having not tried it myself. I have heard it has heightening and lowering effects, and can make people hallucinate. I recently found a bottlo that sells it. it is 70$ though, quite dear.

Can anyone say that they have had it/heard anything about it?

Send a private message to this user    
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must say I am a bit of an expert on the stuff as its been my drink of choice for around a year.

It has to be the hardest stuff around, banned in many countries due to its LSD ingredient. There are many different types and if you search the net you are sure to find heaps of info regarding all of them and the correct way to drink it.

There are 2 alcohol contents as far as I have found, 70% and 80%.
While it's not recommended at all, I usually drink it straight, shots is the best. The first few put you on your arse but they get easier.

Get yourself a bottle, make sure it's the 80% stuff and have fun.
The first time I had it, I felt drunk, but a different kind of drunk.
I was army rolling around the house squirting people with my super soaker, I spear tackled a pot plant cause I swear it had a go at me, and I was using a rolled up TV guide as a mobile phone cause I needed to 'exit the Matrix'.

Anyway it's good shit if you can handle it, but it needs to be consumed in the correct fashion.

Gabe
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Gabe Laughing

You didn't try holding the floor down coz it was going to fall up?

I got a couple of bucks nights coming up (one is a 3 night weekend job up the Sunny Coast) so Absinthe might hae to make an apearance Cool
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark, This stuff sounds crazy... and they can legally sell this???
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The effect on the individual is subjective, and can best be described as a kind of heightened clarity of mind and vision, mildly ponderous and sparkling, and warmed by the effect of the alcohol. This seems to wear off after 20 or 30 minutes, leaving one with an alcohol buzz. 2-3 glasses seems to do the trick. More than that, depending on the proof of the alcohol, will just make you very drunk."
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decoyslikecurves wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 02:40

Im extremely curious by the alcohol absinthe, having not tried it myself. I have heard it has heightening and lowering effects, and can make people hallucinate. I recently found a bottlo that sells it. it is 70$ though, quite dear.

Can anyone say that they have had it/heard anything about it?

Mates brother bought back a few bottles of Absinthe from Andorra.
From what we've been able to find out, absinthe doesn't have "LSD ingredients" in it but another form of natural hallucinogen called wormwood.
The "proper" way to have it apparently(as my mates brother learned when he was traveling Europe) was to pour the shot into the glass over a flaming sugar cube. Not sure what this does, but it does taste different.
I find it GREAT to start the night off but don't think i could spend the whole night drinking it. Its also good for a bit of a pick me up when one starts feeling really groggy during the night Smile

Oh, and if you do manage to get a bottle with a wormwood stick in it, chew on the stick Wink
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sat, 29 January 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I di a search on google, I found a site that had heaps of info on the ingredients, how to serve it, how to make it, rumours about it..

Just do a search and you'll find what you need to know...
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha Laughing

This sounds like fun. Anyone else have any experiences with it?
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i've never had this, but my generally non-drinking gf had one shot... ah, it was an... interesting... night.

definately having a go myself now tho!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not just any wormwood - artemesian (sp?) wormwood. it's good stuff Smile

Just be aware there's real absinthe and fake absinthe. bottle shops that sell it are generally selling the fake stuff - absinthe flavoured vodka basically.
The real stuff is quite hard to come by unless you know the right people.

If anyone on here is the right person, I'd like to order a bottle Smile
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt know that the stuff found in bottle shops is sometimes fake. I've only ever drunk stuff bought from overseas(interesting how people with military passports never seem to get questioned when declaring items whilst comming back through customs Wink )
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 12:52

not just any wormwood - artemesian (sp?) wormwood. it's good stuff Smile

Just be aware there's real absinthe and fake absinthe. bottle shops that sell it are generally selling the fake stuff - absinthe flavoured vodka basically.
The real stuff is quite hard to come by unless you know the right people.

If anyone on here is the right person, I'd like to order a bottle Smile

Quite true.

The stuff I get is the real deal.

You can tell because they stamp the wormwood content (in mg/L) into the glass bottle. The importers put the label over it for some reason, but remove the sticker and it is there.

The fake stuff (and there are plenty around) don't have this stamped into the bottle.

Gabe
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this all sounds very interesting and definetly worth trying. im not sure that iv heard of this stuff before. anyone know where i might be able to get some legit stuff in adelaide??
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I suggest a group buy? Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gabe wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 17:39

May I suggest a group buy? Rolling Eyes

Count me in.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive read about the stuff before i dont think any bottlos in aus sell the real stuff because its illegal, ur not meant to bring it into aus for the same reason but u can get it brought over to add it to your collection but not drink it Rolling Eyes theres some website u can go to to get it brought over here cant be bothered looking for it tho
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is legal to sell it... i've heard it's freaking awesome but havent actually tried it yet Confused

I work at D J's and i know theirs is about 60%-70% alcomohol Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 10:39]

Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i love the taste of the stuff 3 shots and im gone Laughing
unfortunately ive only had over the counter stuff... thats why im gettin the real stuff in a month or so Evil or Very Mad

edit: heres where im gettin mine from http://www.absinth.com/
take a look at the vodka there too bad its totally banned here... would be very interesting

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 11:48]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/abs02a.htm

An FAQ on pretty much everything you would ever want to know about absinthe.... don't get too excited about psychedelic effects though, it would be much cheaper to just go buy some random shit off a guy on the street then spend so much on a good bottle.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the hallucinagenic affects are minimal compared to an acid trip, but are pronounced compared to vodka.... it mellows some people, gives others psychotic episodes...
and for those who haven't tried it: some people love it, others hate it.. so don't get too excited Smile
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True that...
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just smoke sage.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or Salvia Evil or Very Mad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, i turn 18 in may... gabe.. interested in a little dealy deal?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 30 January 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant beleive it... I brought up the topic at work and it seemed I was the only one who hadn't tried it...

Maybe us toymodders aren't as adventurous as we think in terms of Recreational Drugs...

Count me in for group buy...
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of my mates loves the stuff and is a bit of a guru with regards to which are the good real ones and which are fake etc. He goes wacko on it, ive had a few shots while drinking beer a couple of times and didnt feel any unusual effects. Perhaps I just need to drink alot more of it.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely there are newer and better drugs to obtain the same effect? I'd say put the $70 back in your pocket (until you come across someone selling 2c-b) Laughing
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 11:37

ive had a few shots while drinking beer a couple of times and didnt feel any unusual effects. Perhaps I just need to drink alot more of it.

bad idea back in the 1800's there were a string of absinthe enduced murders after they found out it had something to do with the yeast that caused some reaction making people violent or something like that
i wouldnt really recommend it. ill look for an article on it
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I call bs on that.
partly due to the fact that the 1800s was full of interesting explanations of stuff (note "interesting", not "factual"), and also the other things yeast is found in (beer for example)
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and BREAD

omg anyone who has eaten bread or drunk beer in the last 24 hours will soon be on a murderous rampage were all doomed DDDOOOOOMMEEEDDD i tell u Evil or Very Mad

hehehe

NOLAN
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 21:10

and BREAD

omg anyone who has eaten bread or drunk beer in the last 24 hours will soon be on a murderous rampage were all doomed DDDOOOOOMMEEEDDD i tell u Evil or Very Mad

hehehe

NOLAN

So whats new?
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Mon, 31 January 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I cant beleive it... I brought up the topic at work and it seemed I was the only one who hadn't tried it...

Maybe us toymodders aren't as adventurous as we think in terms of Recreational Drugs...

Count me in for group buy...

i dont think everyone at work has had it there is a lot of imitation stuff and i think the ppl at our work were just tryin to be tuff.....i hadnt even heard of it when i had it..im not sure if it was real but shit its awesome stuff...
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Tue, 01 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a guy on here who was going to sell me a bottole of the real stuff for $150 but i lost his pm i was distrought (sp)
I'm in for a group buy tho.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Tue, 01 February 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 19:32

I call bs on that.
partly due to the fact that the 1800s was full of interesting explanations of stuff (note "interesting", not "factual"), and also the other things yeast is found in (beer for example)

it is probably BS im still trying to find the place where i found this out Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a bottle from bws.
it was only 60%
but good god it loves it
i wasn't sure how many it would take me to get pissed but i know how many i was gunna have.
beer is the best chaser by far it's sooooooo cool and refreshing.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mookie that was me, you were going to get it off, a mate of mine works for ALM (australian liquor marketers) and he can get me some "off your lips" shit that you cant buy anywhere else Wink

Not cheap tho $150 a bottle, but Shocked words cannot express....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 11:29

(until you come across someone selling 2c-b) Laughing

Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Sleep Sleep
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhhhhhhhhhh sorry about that i cleaned out my pm's (u gotta add the ' or it turns into a bad word!)and lost all of them.
i might be able to afford a bottle soon i recon.
i'm sure alot of people here would be interested.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
specially if there's a group buy discount
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there could be, how many people are genuinely interested?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pick me, pick me, I'm ever so smart
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 16:44

pick me, pick me, I'm ever so smart

ITS PHOTOSYNTHESIS YOU BOOB!!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR FEEBLE BRAIN! Laughing

sorry for ot

now who wants absinthe Wink
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope your getting a 2L bottle for $150.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its about quality not quantity....

im not making a dime out of this i might add...

no its a 750ml bottle
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you are getting these from a mate, your being ripped off.
This drink is not banned in Australia and any bottle shop can buy it for you, but you will probably have to order a carton if they dont see it selling.
And dont give me any shit about they dont get the good stuff because, its up to you to specify what you want.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 17:32

Well if you are getting these from a mate, your being ripped off.
This drink is not banned in Australia and any bottle shop can buy it for you, but you will probably have to order a carton if they dont see it selling.
And dont give me any shit about they dont get the good stuff because, its up to you to specify what you want.

im nto going to get in an argument over something as stupid as alcahol on an internet forum, i was getting any, i wasnt making any money off it, so i guess you guys can go and get it yourself.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and while I have brought up other legal matters today I might aswell point out that a group buy of alcohol on this forum could not be a good thing for the club.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah after having a shot of this stuff (after about 4 baileys and milk) I could have gone for the role in the exorcist. It smelled so bad I made a friend spew who only got within 5 metres.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 09 February 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who said it had anything to do with the club ?????
nobody is going to put toymods stickers on the bottles r they ?
Just because we met on toymods doesn't mean everything we do as a group has to be a toymods thing.
We share a common interest of strong spirts aswell as toyotas.

oh and cool1 don't come in here and start causing shit, i have to wade thru it when i'm trying to get to the intelligent peoples posts.
Mr 1ggte is right it's quality i'm after not quantity.
Imagine if we all always took the cheapest option ?????
we would all drive ford lasers for the rest of our lives.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 February 2005 21:40]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/21/10666314 24572.html?from=storyrhs

Good article.

I've got a bottle of the one in the picture there. It had a 60% sticker and underneath the sticker it said 70%.

I've only had 1 shot, and that was directly after a shot of Bacardi 151 (not reccomended for shots). I spewed in my bed and slept with a LARGE grin on my face (on the floor).
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 15:08

shot of Bacardi 151 (not reccomended for shots). I spewed in my bed and slept with a LARGE grin on my face (on the floor).

Now that is some stuff I want to get, but a while ago gave up as it wasn't on the wholesalers lists Sad

Got a taste for it O/S one time - yummy !!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol i bought the green fairy bottle.
i want the harder stuff. Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
green fairy is very average i have found but bacardi 151 Shocked thats some good shit Wink
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael, my mate got it for me locally. Its in shops more and more now. Try Dan Murphy's (find one here http://www.danmurphys.com.au). They usually have about 3 types of Absinthe too.

When I was in Hawii a couple of years ago there was a bottle in the local (small) supermarket on the shelf. Kids could pick it up and take a swig before anyone noticed.

... How do you guys drink Bacardi 151?? In puches (as recommended on the bottle)?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 15:42

... How do you guys drink Bacardi 151?? In puches (as recommended on the bottle)?

Cheers Pete.

Yes , drink as instructed - "Do not pour near open or naked flame - HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE"
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I had it whilst at Cubic Bay in the Phillipines on exercise with the RAAF
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drink it in shots, at $15 a hit its not cheap but then again two of them can be as effective as ten beers Confused
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can buy a bottle for about $70. $15 x 23 (700 / 30 mills) is $345 for a bottle!

Two words: Hip Flask
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
How much is a bottle of this bircardi ???
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:asshole boss
Next Topic:pictures in words
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 08:36:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010306835174561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.