Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Dare I say... Absinthe?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 16:50

How much is a bottle of this bircardi ???

SupraPete wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 16:37

You can buy a bottle for about $70. $15 x 23 (700 / 30 mills) is $345 for a bottle!

Rolling Eyes

But yeah pete youre right but you dont really think that far in advance when youre smashed Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 06:24]

Send a private message to this user    
juniorjack
Newcomer

June 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
booze is so expensive over here.
it is recommended you drink bacardi 151 with coke. this shit is so evil. i love it.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 07:32]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 07:38

who said it had anything to do with the club ?????
nobody is going to put toymods stickers on the bottles r they ?
Just because we met on toymods doesn't mean everything we do as a group has to be a toymods thing.
We share a common interest of strong spirts aswell as toyotas.

oh and cool1 don't come in here and start causing shit, i have to wade thru it when i'm trying to get to the intelligent peoples posts.
Mr 1ggte is right it's quality i'm after not quantity.
Imagine if we all always took the cheapest option ?????
we would all drive ford lasers for the rest of our lives.

What are you like 15? Fuckin dumb arse! There is talk of a group buy of alcohol on a public forum! How can this not involve the club hosting the forum? Use your brain dumb arse.
And your quality not quantity comment is as gay are you are. If you could actually stop being a lazy fuck and do some searching, you will quickly find that just about every man and his dog is selling this stuff now. And this toss pot selling it for $150 a bottle is just ripping you off.
But if you feel your going to be more of a man spending this much by all means go for it.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Feel free to discuss this evil liquid, I have to say the bacardi is nicer.

However unless you have a liquor license and are doing the relevant age checks obviously you can not sell it. This means no group buys.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 19:46

Mookie wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 07:38

who said it had anything to do with the club ?????
nobody is going to put toymods stickers on the bottles r they ?
Just because we met on toymods doesn't mean everything we do as a group has to be a toymods thing.
We share a common interest of strong spirts aswell as toyotas.

oh and cool1 don't come in here and start causing shit, i have to wade thru it when i'm trying to get to the intelligent peoples posts.
Mr 1ggte is right it's quality i'm after not quantity.
Imagine if we all always took the cheapest option ?????
we would all drive ford lasers for the rest of our lives.

What are you like 15? Fuckin dumb arse! There is talk of a group buy of alcohol on a public forum! How can this not involve the club hosting the forum? Use your brain dumb arse.
And your quality not quantity comment is as gay are you are. If you could actually stop being a lazy fuck and do some searching, you will quickly find that just about every man and his dog is selling this stuff now. And this toss pot selling it for $150 a bottle is just ripping you off.
But if you feel your going to be more of a man spending this much by all means go for it.

Is it really necessary for you to call me a tosspot, i feel that I have done nothing wrong, as i have stated i was going to be making nothing on the purchase and to aviod issues i decided that it was not worth even going through it, yet you dont give up on it...wtf?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I called your mate a toss pot, not you. Have a reread.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you find out what brand was it that was selling for $150 a bottle?
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been around for 43 years and never tasted the stuff.
It sounds like it has the same effect as red cordial does on my kids.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its what Van Gogh was drinking when he lopped his own ear off. Have your kids done that on red cordial?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL why do u even post on this thread if you have no interest in it ????
you go do your thing and i will do my thing ok ?
your opinion doesn't mean shit here.
Cool1 i like you your a pretty smart guy but please just stay out of it.
I like the finer things in life and being 19 NOT 15 i have the most disposable income i'm ever going to have so i want to take advantage of it.
This will be done via other methods i'm sure not just on the forums.
i'm sure mr 1ggte isn't stupid and will ask for multiple photo ids before shipping to anybody.

I'll end with this thought:
if we plan a bank robbery in the local mc donalds does that make them part of the robbery ?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 09:40

I'll end with this thought:
if we plan a bank robbery in the local mc donalds does that make them part of the robbery ?

If they heard you doing it ABSOLUTELY. Especially if you posted the information on their notice board (or forum).

i'm sure mr 1ggte isn't stupid

Your on your own there.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 10 February 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If we were selling drugs then it is deffinatly wrong but it's just alcohol.
I have NO other way of getting it.
I honestly don't see the problem were are mostly adults and we are all mature enough to see where i'm comming from .
Also i totally trust me 1ggte he has given me some great adice so far.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To distribute alcohol in such a way requires a liqour licence.
How can you ask for proof of age over the internet and be sure that the information provided is correct, let alone even belonging to the person who sends it? try using "he scanned his licence and emailed it to me, it said he was 23" in court Rolling Eyes

A group buy like this would open up a barrel of legal issues, I think that is the point cool1 is constantly trying to get across.
Do some research, there are plenty of places to buy it from nowdays.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 09:24

i'm sure mr 1ggte isn't stupid

Your on your own there.

what have I ever done to you?

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get what you mean and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't do it for people he had just met but i don't know.
and i know that down here (i don't know about where u r) that you only need a licence if you make a profit.
I was looking into it a while back.
I live in tassie i can't find the quality stuff down here.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
two words... ever clear.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 11:44

what have I ever done to you?

Nothing specific.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so u don't like him for no real reason ?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never say I didn't like him.

You've got a bit of a complex with keeping score. It shows in your signature and manner, you want everyone to think your someone - look at me I'm dating a hot girl, look at me I'm drinking stupidly expensive alcohol, "I enjoy the finer things in life".

$10 says you were never part of the "in" crowd at school. Its not a bad thing. I was never "in". I just never needed to prove I was better.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Fri, 11 February 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete, I think you have the same opinion of floppy or mookie or what ever the kids name is as I do.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2005 08:05]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Sun, 13 February 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't understand ?
your saying i was an outcast at high school ????
I don't see what is has to do with anything.
If u don't want to add anything relavent then dont add anything at all.
And for the record for the most part i went to rural school so the only crowd was the in crowd .
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how funny is it that a topic about alcohol has degraded into an arguement?

Laughing

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
torque wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 19:43

how funny is it that a topic about alcohol has degraded into an arguement?

Laughing

Dont they all? hehehe
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wanna take it outside? I'll go ya!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah lets do it..
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 16:12

Michael, my mate got it for me locally. Its in shops more and more now. Try Dan Murphy's (find one here http://www.danmurphys.com.au). They usually have about 3 types of Absinthe too.

I was about to suggest that. Went into Dan Murphys at Westfield Hurstville the other day & f**k me Shocked

What a selection, I was like a kid in a candy store Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 15:43]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Wed, 16 February 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck it !
I need to move to the mainland.
Does anybody know how to make it ?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 17 February 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macerate 2.5 kilograms of dried wormwood, 5 kilograms of anise and 5 kilograms of fennel in 95 liters of 85 percent ethanol by volume.

Let the mixture steep for at least 12 hours in the pot of a double boiler. Add 45 liters of water and apply heat; collect 95 liters of distillate. To 40 liters of the distillate, add 1 kilogram of Roman wormwood, 1 kilogram of hyssop and 500 grams of lemon balm, all of which have been dried and finely divided.

Extract at a moderate temperature, then siphon off the liquor, filter, and reunite it with the remaining 55 liters of distillate. Dilute with water to produce approximately 100 liters of absinthe with a final alcohol concentration of 74 percent by volume (Arnold 1989).
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dare I say... Absinthe? Thu, 17 February 2005 03:44 Go to previous message
Have u tryed making it ?
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:asshole boss
Next Topic:pictures in words
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:56:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094599723815918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.