Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 04:15 Go to next message
i've searched but couldnt find anything.
does it require removal of the top half of the intake runners and plenum, or is there some little trick for getting them out (reletively) quick and easy????
thanks for the help.
lee.
  Send a private message to this user    
capableronTRD
Regular

July 2004
Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this really doesnt help since i've got a 7M, but I took the plenum off first before removing the rail + injectors. It was coming off anyway (blown gasket fix, ahh 7M's are wonderful Mad ) but removing the plenum will make it easier to access your cold start injector and give you more room, so reinstalling would be much easier. Dunno how the 5M's are set up tho.. cant you tell by looking at how much room you've got between the rail and intake??
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having done this about 3 weeks ago, i think removing the TB and plenum is the easiest way to do it.

i watched matt84 do this to a wreck with TB and plenum still attached and he was at the thing for hours.

if there was no other plumbing in the way and the wiring loom gone you might be able to undo the fuel rail bolts with the plenum still bolted on. ... just... but i wouldn't bother.

you will also need some large spanners to undo the three banjo connectors on the rail - they've usually been done up tighter than the front crank-pulley bolt on a 7M.

the words 'quick' and 'easy' don't rest well in the same sentence as '5M engine'.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering those bolts tend to come lose i would say the banjo bolts are a fuck load tighter!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 16:05

Considering those bolts tend to come lose i would say the banjo bolts are a fuck load tighter!

I don't know of any factory fitted crank bolts that have come loose.
They have always been ones removed/reinstalled by a mechanic that has failed.

Anyway, back on topic, be VERY careful undoing the clips on the injector plugs.
I managed to snap a couple when I did mine.
Those clips are very brittle.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give your loom a birthday thay are standard bosch injector clips! easy to obtain replacements or you can do this
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ma70supra/ma455me/Image088.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ma70supra/ma455me/Image077.jpg

defintly looks like it would be easyer to take the whole lot off, i removed mine when i did the head.

Allan

P.S its a common thing for M series engines to spit the crank bolt out

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2005 09:01]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if you have snapped off a few injector plugs - take you wire cutters to a EFI magna or a v6 bogandore (plugs won't be as shagged as inline 6) and get a set of new clips

The clips on the bosch plugs are much better design than the auto-snap denso items - ssolder onto orginal loom and seal each join with heat-shrink
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: removing 5ME injectors Mon, 31 January 2005 11:36 Go to previous message
thanks for the replies guys. i thought it might be the case.
i couldnt look coz the car is not in the drive at the moment.

if the ABV is still working properly, and the injector cleaner and fuel filter doesnt work, then its out for a reco jobby for the injectors Sad
cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:leaking solex's
Next Topic:Changing a TA22/23 to 4AGE or 4AGZE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 11:15:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061039924621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.