Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Thu, 03 February 2005 16:05 Go to next message
companies that piss you off and y...

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 17:41]

Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Bad Companies Thu, 03 February 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can see this thread getting locked or deleted
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Thu, 03 February 2005 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im talking about non car/motor sport related companies
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Thu, 03 February 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
telstra piss me off alot because it took them fuckin almost 3 months to get my phone line fixed that kept dropping my adsl conection (very annoying). 3 months is way too long to get a telephone line person out on site...very bad company
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Thu, 03 February 2005 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well in that case Razz

tafe !

screwed up my tafe results sent me a letter saying i didn't pass a module but i wasn't enrolled in that module !!!
so i couldn't get my certifiate and nearly missed out on my diploma.

took about 20 phone calls to get a person who knew how to fix it, got transfered about 4 times each time i called.

they should pay for my course Razz

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Thu, 03 February 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having worked for telstra, I know why it can take 2 weeks to fix an adsl line. shouldn't take longer than that tho (unless you're in a limited service area or it was during peak times, then it can take up to 20 working days - but there are ways around this)
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
icon13.gif  Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Fri, 04 February 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't it funny how 2 people have already bitched about Telstra and now I'm going to.

Well it's what I read in PC User. Basically a guy wanted ADSL and was calling companies (obviously not Telstra because Telstra's GAY) but they told him ADSL was not yet available in his area. He waited a while and called Telstra (hesitantly, it was his last choice). Lo and behold he was saved -- Telstra could hook him up with the goods.
I don't know whether it was a fluke, good thinking or divine intervention but he decided to ring the other companies back. It had been a week or 2 and if Telstra can get ADSL to him, so could they.
BUT WAIT! They told him ADSL was still not available in his area!
Turns out Telstra is meant to provide companies with a list of areas that are adsl ready but what they do is provide this list late on purpose so they get most of the customers.
Shame on them. They offered him a faster connection with double the download limit everyone else gets FREE for a year if he didn't go public but he told the story in PC User and alas he got nothing.

Also I cant be bothered to find it but I saw a pie chart of what happens to the money you pay each month to ADSL companies. On a %70 plan; $55 goes to Telstra and the company makes around 10 dollars.

Also the sensis crap. Is it 1234? Making us pay a ridiculous 40c/minute when they have a free version (which they are oblidged to provide) which isn't advertised.

Telstra = SCUM.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Sat, 05 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl
that "sensis 1234" thing came up a while ago, caused a massive flare up. to the point that a telstra dude made an official public announcement.
Can't remember the details, but basically they said they're advertising the new numberonly, not the old one, because they're marketing a new product. The old number is still advertised in the front of the phone book. (or street directory, can't remember which)
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Bad Companies/bad experiences Sat, 05 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous message
i luv telstra with all my heart Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Adelaide Big Day Out
Next Topic:Any old farts out there?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 18:42:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069870948791504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.