Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » Tassie drag strip day ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Tassie drag strip day ? Sun, 06 February 2005 23:48 Go to next message
Me and this guy with a falcon r prolly gunna hire out the drag strip for a day and i thought u guys might wanna come.
I haven't looked into this at all so i dunno if it can be done or when it will be (I'm waiting on him to finish his car).
But if anybody wishes to come along or has any info to help me then please post.

Mookster
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 07 February 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea iw ouldn't mind taking the old 5ME ma61 down the 1/4 mile. I am expecting around 17's but yea i wouldn't mind how much? do we get to use the timing equipment ? i think u can hire the drag strips at baskerville or watever its called.. i can't remebre which one it is. i'm in tho! i reckon Negative Boost might join in too
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Fri, 11 February 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you need a CAMS licence or anything? I'd defo be in!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Fri, 11 February 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car failed the road worthy certificate for the 2nd time, the power steering is buggered and is leaking! should b done soon!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Sun, 13 February 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's going to cost $2,200 so we need as many people as possable even if they drive commodores.
let everybody in every car club you know of that it's available to them.
I can pay the $2,200 if i get some money back.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 14 February 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why is it so much wat do we get in return and what do we require ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Tue, 15 February 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we get ambo's and a fire truck plus the 10 people it takes to man the timing gear.
And insurance
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Tue, 15 February 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For $2200? That's a bargain.
Would we need anything ourselves though? Would we need fire extinguishers installed or special licences?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Tue, 15 February 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd assume a fire extinguisher (sp)and a helmet other than that i'm pretty sure it's all u need you can buy a day long cams licence there.
We get it fromt like 11:30 till dark.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Wed, 16 February 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are bigger mees on at 19th march and 2nd of april
the latter has a burnout comp.
so that might be the go
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Wed, 16 February 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Fri, 18 February 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell yeh ill defaintly be up for that. But i dont think my car will be ready by then unfortuantly
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Sat, 19 February 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would ratehr hire a track like baskerville than a single 1/4 mile drag strip... there isn't going to b heaps of super impressive times anyway.. it would b more fun around a track!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Sun, 20 February 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 07 February 2005 10:48

Me and this guy with a falcon r prolly gunna hire out the drag strip for a day and i thought u guys might wanna come.
I haven't looked into this at all so i dunno if it can be done or when it will be (I'm waiting on him to finish his car).
But if anybody wishes to come along or has any info to help me then please post.

Mookster

That was why i was getting the drag strip
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Sun, 20 February 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, when u have a date set give me a holla and ill see if my car is finished. i'd love to see what she'd run with a 7M-GTE in her
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 21 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep same!!! then it will give me an idea about how my supra will turn out... But seriously... y do u want to flog the shit out of your car on the 1/4 Mile.... y not get an actual track.. i can understand y u would want to test your car out on the 1/4 mile... but that is only a straight line test.. that really coutns for nothig... the real test would be aroudn a track... then it testes for REAL skill..
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 21 February 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's the Falcon i want to beat .
It's not a track car just a drag car so that is why i want to do it.
I wanna fang it round the track aswell but the main reason i want the drag strip is to blow the doors off the guys coona
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 21 February 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its for your use only!!!! i reckon more people would have fun racing aroud a track rather than just flogging the shit out of there car.. Y not go out hte back of sorell and do the 1/4 mile there its obvious that if u r infront then u will get a quicker time isn't that your point ?? my mate did it out hte back of sorell with a G-Tec computer and he said it was great fun! i doubt many people will b up for a drag strip where as a track would be more fun!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Mon, 21 February 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Track day it is then,
either way i will be going to the strip i was just inviting you guys along.
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Tue, 24 May 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd_supra... stop whinging if you dont like the idea of going to a drag day then you organise a track day because you dont have to go to this drag thing if you dont want to!!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Tassie drag strip day ? Tue, 24 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous message
This was a while ago
The guy with the chooka has had to put his project on hold he is an ab diver so he can either not work for months or work flat out for months
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Photo Night
Next Topic:Next Cruise ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:20:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066890716552734 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.