Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Fri, 01 April 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great pics Paul... Very Happy

My that was close Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Fri, 01 April 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got a RAV4 cruise tomorrow with some folks coming from the ACT as well, and we'll be heading down, funnily enough, back where we were last weekend and up the Macquarie Pass again. Very Happy

I'll get shots of the day, and when I get home I'll dump the whole lot from both cruises to my PC and upload the Easter ones to my webspace.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Fri, 01 April 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey well done PAul nice shots there man. I wish I woke up early enough to go on those morning cruises.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 02 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Highlights -
- 1 something AM telling Toymodders that they were f*cking noisy.
- 2AM joining said noisy f*ckers, telling stories and jokes until 4AM and then being told by someone else to keep quiet (rude prick)!
- Listening to the dulcet tones of room 113's television to all hours
- listening to the perms innie/outie theories about #113's choice of program (he has no idea!)
- Sunday night BBQ
- Many hours spent talking trash, whether it was about getting cars to go quicker or talking american iron with Mitch
- Seeing GT8 sign a pair of signatures outside the pie shop (and halfway into the next district).

Lowpoint for YelloRolla - Cressida couldn't cut a burnout (Declan was not going home without one), this was of course attempted on a private road.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 02 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason, i see you livwe in burraWANG
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 02 April 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. I moved there after you pointed out the correct pronunciation of the place Laughing
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sun, 03 April 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 12:22

Highlights -

Ohh what, driving a certain gold RA28 wasn't a highlite for you, it sure gave me something to look back at Shocked

YelloRolla said

I love the way these things pull in5th Very Happy

My highlites were, much of what was already said, although I missed out on much of what room 113 was doing. The roads were awesome and the celica started to smell a little after the run down the hill from the pie shop.

Great relaxing weekend with friends, what more needs to be said.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2005 00:52]

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sun, 03 April 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is one of my favourite shots I got over the weekend.

Shows the roads and the type of scenary we where driving thru

http://img120.exs.cx/img120/1229/bigperm4lz.jpg
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually I forgot to mention that the drive in the Gold28 was a highlight Confused

I actually liked it that much I have considered getting a 1G Smile
Gold28 wrote on Sun, 03 April

YelloRolla wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 12:22

Highlights -

Ohh what, driving a certain gold RA28 wasn't a highlite for you, it sure gave me something to look back at Shocked

YelloRolla said

I love the way these things pull in5th Very Happy

YelloRolla actually said

I love making turbo cars work by short-shifting 5th and using the torque.

YelloRolla said

I am very impressed! This is a very quick car

Gold28 said

hmmm yeah Confused

Gold28 later said

I've never done that before

And all while staying within the posted speed limit Very Happy
I wish I knew the car better so that we could have gone across the apex of that left hander a bit closer to the (speed) limit too. Oh well maybe next time.

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got a camera mount?
I want to do the downhill run on Jamberoo Mountain Rd again sometime. ScreaminRolla said he couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a decent picture.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy headrest mounts at Jaycar.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or make your one for a total of $6
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/593000-593999/593805_42.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/593000-593999/593805_43.jpg
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 15:12

Anyone got a camera mount?
I want to do the downhill run on Jamberoo Mountain Rd again sometime. ScreaminRolla said he couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a decent picture.

Steve - Did you see the videos Dav got in my car?

Just get your passenger to hold a tripod down on the floor in between their legs Wink
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I had that problem riding shot gun in cars all weekend couldn't hold the camera still enough. Got some alright shots though

Craig and Karl Steve doesn't have head rests so we'll have to try Pauls idea

Paul would be interested to see that footage Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha, now Paul your under pressure to edit it Razz
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of editing stuff Nath have you sent that tape of clints back to him.

I want him to get it so he edits his sydney trip. I want to see they funny stuff and cruises we did when he was here.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Embarassed tomorrow, promise!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 04 April 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah - no editing to be done, it's just three short clips.. Only problem is the file size as they were done at high-res. Any idea of a good program to reduce the file dimensions/size?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Tue, 05 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
virtualdub is good...

you could encode the video in divx too, making the file size even smaller.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Tue, 05 April 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Thu, 31 March 2005 20:13

It wasn't really THAT close was it?
http://www.luc1d.net/images/easter/corner2.jpg

I couldn't really see the edge from where I was sitting... maybe cause I was fixated on how far down the drop was Shocked
TwinTurboCelica
Regular

November 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Tue, 05 April 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad some of you boys liked OWG.OOR. I have been living in Japan the last 3 years so it does not get out much.... but when it does, it does ok. It has a Summernats 12 Horsepower Hero trophy under its belt and qualified second in the top ten at Summernats 12 go-to-whoa.

The car has been around about 8 years and is a Toyota Nationals Veteran.... (it even made a small cameo in Fast Fours)... you must not have been looking hard enough Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Tue, 05 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TwinTurboCelica wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 15:59

Glad some of you boys liked OWG.OOR. I have been living in Japan the last 3 years so it does not get out much.... but when it does, it does ok. It has a Summernats 12 Horsepower Hero trophy under its belt and qualified second in the top ten at Summernats 12 go-to-whoa.

The car has been around about 8 years and is a Toyota Nationals Veteran.... (it even made a small cameo in Fast Fours)... you must not have been looking hard enough Razz

You cant say it has a HorsePower heroes Trophy and not say the, dyno reading Cool. Damn that thing is SHOW & GO Very Happy.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Tue, 05 April 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tuff Car it really looked the goods

I fell in love with it.

Again thanks for coming down, hope we see it more of our events

Edited for spelling by me

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 07:51]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Wed, 06 April 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TwinTurboCelica wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 15:59

Ah that would be the one in a little box down the bottom of the page on a story about a 1GGZE powered celica??
TwinTurboCelica
Regular

November 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Thu, 07 April 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10 out of 10 for history!!! Yeap, Grant (the Green RA23 at Kiama) had a spread in Fast Fours, and they took some shots of mine during the build..... but that was a while ago Smile

I believe it was the first 1JZ-GTE conversion in Australia... I may be wrong, but at the time, no one know what the f#$k a 1J was. Croyden was the exception, and they were working on the RA60 race car with a 1J at the same time, but it was not going to be road registered.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 00:09]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 09 April 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After a small incident leaving the camera in jamberoo, i can post some pics Rolling Eyes

And after all that, there isnt anything that special, but ill post the amusing ones.

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/easteralt.jpg

This was an all too familiar sight that weekend, in fact this happened twice. The alternator died on my car before we even left peakhurst in sydney! Where does one get a 2JZ alternator on good friday? Home delivery service from my parents who were also on their way out for a weekend away.

In true toymods fashion everyone else left and just toobs stayed to help out. Thanks buddy! Witzl gets some WST-012 after that effort.

Then it happened again on the way home on easter monday in bowral, nothing swaping a regulator wont fix!

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/easterwitzl.jpg

Teh Witzl found it hard to score hole in one's when we filled the holes we completed with rocks.

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/easterbar.jpg

This one is just asking for some photoshop love, stitt 8 beers before the bush incident!

And here is a video of Lucid teh sucking at putt putt, pay attention to the ball.

http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/putting. AVI
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 09 April 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEY!!! i dont need no WST-012!

I was supposed to be leading the damn cruise, so i had to go mate Sad otherwise i would have stayed and laughed some more.

i've still got more pics coming... need to get around to putting them in the gallery.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sat, 09 April 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 11:58

Actually I forgot to mention that the drive in the Gold28 was a highlight Confused

I actually liked it that much I have considered getting a 1G Smile

your wouldnt be the first person that liked it so much they had to have 1 Razz
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Sun, 10 April 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sob Sob Sad I love my 1G.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 11 April 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 09:01

Sob Sob Sad I love my 1G.

Sounds Like u are selling it Gold28 Sad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 11 April 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup unfortunately reality has bitten and I can't have my cake and eat it too. It is for sale, so if anyone is interested pm me. I have had a couple of people already interested in it and if there is no luck with them it will be advertised on the forums.

Incidently I will be leaving for Spain in 5-6 weeks. I will hopefully see most people at the club meeting next week and to everyone else thanks for being a great bunch of people. I have really enjoyed these few years with Toymods. All things going to plan, I will be rejoining toymods when I get to Brisbane in 2008.

Anthony
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 11 April 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jase, it was for your benefit seeing you had orders to behave. I'm just glad the poor old W58 didn't let go...long push home. Next time you see it it'll have the TKO600 in it and be ripe for a thorough thrashing.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 11 April 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JustenGT4 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 13:15

Hey Jase, it was for your benefit seeing you had orders to behave.

Laughing Laughing do you really think he listens
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Mon, 11 April 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, but a little evil encourage by example can't hurt either Wink
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toymods Easter Event (now with carpark display Location) Thu, 21 April 2005 13:44 Go to previous message
Glen,

I tracked down the dodgy bastard who was working on your alternator. I think I know what the problem was.......

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Harrison/harry%2028-3-05%20tools.jpg

Its all good tho we have him in custody for questioning

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Harrison/harry%2028-3-05%20locked%20in.jpg

Really was a great weekend guys. Hopefully next year will be just as good Smile

BTW. If anyone has any good pics of my Wagon from the weekend away could they please Email them to me rod@toymods.org.au I didn't get any good ones prior to the little known "Honda Incident" and was hopeing for one showngthe whitewalls and new number plates. Thanks.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ANZAC Day cruise - Newport Beach....
Next Topic:Group A Meet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:53:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080461502075195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.