Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Andrew's Ra28 Tue, 15 February 2005 09:23 Go to next message
Hey Guys and girls this is my first entry into the Toymods hall of cars i only have one foto at the moment tho ill try in update with more as i progress through the modifications i want any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

I took ownership of this car on the 14.01.2002 with no idea what i was in for to this day i wish i had a clue back then because with the $200 dollar price tag also came countless hours of grinding and cutting. As many of you would know, but after 2.5 years i can finally say i now learned something about cars, and on a side note thanx for the years of helpful information Toymods ,and the people that use it, provided.

Anyway the mods so far are as follows;

Engine:
18r-g *new*
extractors
2'1/4 exhausts
twin solex carbs

G'box:
standard POS 3/speed

Paint n' Panel:
new doors/hatch
rust removed
gunmetal metallic acrylic paint

Interior:
New bucket seats
cheapo autoguage dials
reupholstered dash/rear seat/console
sports steering wheel

Running gear:
16" speedy cirooco 2's
205/45/16 eagle f1' allround

sound's:
Pioneer head unit (mp3)
jl audio 6inch fronts

Plans: (short term)
lowered 2 inches
new shocks
6 inch splits for front
amp for speakers
tinted

Plans later this year:
1g-gte conversion
2 10inch subs
look into rack n pinion conversion
new brakes mazda or pug/hilux
new chameian paint
new bonnet front guards (still looking to buy)
revisited dash wiring and guages
lsd diff conversion

anyhow if you got this far thanx for reading through my lil babys bio please leave feedback as im always looking to improve
Andrew

http://img237.exs.cx/img237/4356/mycar1kr.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 11:49]

Send a private message to this user    
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Andrew's Ra28 Wed, 16 February 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love the car, the colour is very nice(to me) y do u want to change it?

Have u got the complete rg or do u plan on using ur 18rc and convert to twin cam?

Anyhow the car looks great, Only thing i think it needs is some airbags so it drops to the ground. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz
PyR0~
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Andrew's Ra28 Wed, 16 February 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your RA28 is great Smile You can see the TLC put into her and she looks magnificent. I bet driving it for the first time after the restoration would've felt magic Very Happy

Good luck with the car, keep modding and keep us updated!
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: Andrew's Ra28 Wed, 16 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he thanx guys i want to repaint just because i can get it done cheaply and tho you cant really see it in the pic it has a few cracks in the paint chips etc plus i want 2 pak for all those nasty shopping trolleys
and im using a complete 18rg tho it looks like its postponed till next weekend
and like it says im still looking for some springs would look a treat a bit lower i know them 16's will earn what i paid for them Shocked

oh and i let my brother drive it for the first time tonite without me there im not too worried even because he has crashed every car he has driven because i said that if he dints the bumper hes buying 2 new chrome ones Laughing
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Andrew's Ra28 Fri, 18 February 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do u want some king springs...ive got some but i dont know how low they actually are...they were sold but i got them back...pm if your keen
christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: Andrew's Ra28 Tue, 01 March 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate. nice car there!
just wondering how much it cost you for the reupholstered dash, seat and centre console?? cheers
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
Re: Andrew's Ra28 Tue, 01 March 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys finally got the 18r-g in with much swearing and a spare gearbox later anyone know any good cheap tuning places in brisbane pref annerly rocklea for twin solexes ? thanx anyhow will have some pix of it too many thanx go to people100 for putting up with me and for his help putting it in well he did most of the work Embarassed

christo;
did the dash myself not a top notch job but good enough contact adhesive 5 bux vynil 20 bux, the rear seat cos 250 from friends uncle looks top notch and centre consol was me just modded original and covered with fome then velure was off cuts from when i did the roof and seats
Ra28Freak
Regular

September 2004
icon8.gif  Re: Andrew's Ra28 Mon, 21 March 2005 06:57 Go to previous message
Update engine is now scrap need new car put a con rod through the side ofthe block look in for sale im looking for a cheap runaround for swap or whatever
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FWDboy's SA-63 - Drift Machine
Next Topic:andrew's ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 10:21:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064549446105957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.