Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
How about an "L Plater section" Tue, 15 February 2005 12:07 Go to next message
I saw this on another forum recently. A section made purely to ask really simple, maybe obvious questions where flaming or responses consisting of "DO A SEARCH" were not allowed.

It gives people a place to start if they really don't know where to fill up there oil (although they could consider their local mechanic), and if the more educated don't like reading the same stuff over and over then they can choose to stay out.

May help remove crap and unneccesary tension from Tech and General car talk.

Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: How about an "L Plater section" Tue, 15 February 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea Henn

this sounds good as i've had many 'L plate' questions i've wished to ask and cant find in a search Very Happy
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Tue, 15 February 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sounds good...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Thu, 17 February 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 20:07

It gives people a place to start if they really don't know where to fill up there oil (although they could consider their local mechanic),

Anyone in this sort of situation, should really go and buy a Haynes or Gregory's manual before even touching their car.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Thu, 17 February 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I think it sort of defeats the purpose of trying to encourage a TOYMODS community if we create sections for sub-groups to talk amongst themselves..

Much for the same reasons the interstate sections are not for general chat, if we create a "Learners" section, then those people will only ever talk amongst themselves, and not be part of the wider online community.

My 2c anyway..
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Thu, 17 February 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats very true but its not very encourging to these Learners if they get smart asses telling them to do a search all the time.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Thu, 17 February 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz01 wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 22:15

Thats very true but its not very encourging to these Learners if they get smart asses telling them to do a search all the time.

Yes but what's the other option? Only people who need to learn the kind of things in the L plater section go in there and therefore all of the answers are useless and potentially damageing.

Really if you aren't willing to try and learn something for yourself, not just ask the question, you can't expect people to go to the effort to answer you. Not meaning you sepcifically, just people who ask the same question that just got off the front page every second day.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 23:32]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Fri, 18 February 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about a 'For Dummies' sort of write up in the articles section even???

as for haynes manual or whatever it states in those books that you should know whats going on before attempting those fixes so if people dont know how to change oil then i dont think the haynes will help much...

also i see alot of requests for new sections and sub sections. i believe the forum is just right how it is. if we start adding new sections and what not then the first page is just going to be too long down the page

thats my 5c worth Very Happy
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Mon, 21 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 14:37

Henn wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 20:07

It gives people a place to start if they really don't know where to fill up there oil (although they could consider their local mechanic),

Anyone in this sort of situation, should really go and buy a Haynes or Gregory's manual before even touching their car.

but what if they cant find a manual on there particular car? ive looked around for ra28 celica ones n cant find sh*T
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Mon, 21 February 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.haynes.com.au/category162_1.htm
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Tue, 15 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it would be a good idea,

I suggested it in the tech forums but i think witzl misunderstood it took offence.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Sun, 20 March 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if someone doesn't know how to put oil in a car I can't see them stumbling across toymods and actually giving a shit, think anout if they don't know where the oil goes they would generally not be a car enthusiast and not going to frequent a site about modifying cars.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Tue, 29 March 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
even u started somewhere
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Wed, 30 March 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about a "Q&A thread" stickied in the tech section?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Thu, 31 March 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter_steve wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 22:36

How about a "Q&A thread" stickied in the tech section?

Do you mean an FAQ? FAQ Thread
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: How about an "L Plater section" Mon, 11 April 2005 12:29 Go to previous message
oops Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:probation
Next Topic:Toymods Shirts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 03:40:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062730312347412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.