Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fixing some gutter marks?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Fixing some gutter marks? Tue, 15 February 2005 14:11 Go to next message
I picked up some very nice 15" ONG rims and yeah on a few parts the rims have some quite deep gutter marks, one spot has a bit of a chunk missin, the tyre isn't deflating coz it still has quite a bit left on the inside, but i'm just wondering how i could fill it up?
I will be resprayin them silver again but i just wanna make sure that the marks can be at least fixed up..

I heard of people using body filler??

Cheers
Adrian!
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Tue, 15 February 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt go down the body filler road. its not real good. you can take them to an alloy place and they can re weld them and machine it back to how it should be

thats the best way but aint the cheapest like body filler. to me the body filler way is so dodgy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Wed, 16 February 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard of body filler (bog) and that fibreglass stuff in a tub, but your better off going to a shop and getting it done...
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Thu, 17 February 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you might be able to use some thing called metal tech which is a body filler that is more suited to metals and alloys then car panals if you want a DIY option.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Thu, 17 February 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah, the stuffs called JB Weld, avaliable at your local kmart store...

apparantly it sets so hard you can grind it with an angle grinder...
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Thu, 17 February 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used the same or at least similar product to patch a muffler once (400 kms from home)
It worked really well it was rock solid and took some high temps easy.
i strongly recommend it.
I'll be putting some on the low points of my car to protect them from dragging.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Thu, 17 February 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I"m after something that i might be able to sand just in case to get a flat finish... I'd probably say the muffler stuff would be the most preferred as yet...

Bodyfiller gets pretty strong.. its not that i need to HOLD the rim in place. its mainly for scratches and small gutter marks... my mate did it with body filler and it worked quite well..
and it can be sanded to get the perfect finish

I'll research somemore!!!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Fixing some gutter marks? Thu, 17 February 2005 15:21 Go to previous message
well since your gonna spray them you can use the body filler. that stuff can withstand high temps and is very strong. but obviously the perfect job is a re-weld and machine
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:longer control arm options???
Next Topic:AE86 Spring Rates, for drift/street
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 14:18:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059480667114258 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.