Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **All KITS POSTED 5/4/05**

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **All KITS POSTED 5/4/05** Tue, 22 February 2005 06:20 Go to next message
Another thread was started expressing some interest in getting coilovers done for the front of their car. See here for other details

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=59736&prevloaded=1&rid=3701&S=b7cea5 96ab275fac6a96bd2ddb5f65c3&rev=&reveal=&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;start=0&count=60

One of our Forum Sponsors however, John from Import Bitz, has come up with a good offer. The offer is as follows ;
2 x steel threaded sleeves (in diameter of choice)
2 x alloy top hats (to suit spring ID of choice)
2 x adjustable spring perchs (alloy)
2 x adjustable lock rings (alloy)
2 x C spanners can be bought as an option for additional $40pr

Sleeve inside diameters come in the sizes below:
55mm, 2.125", 2", 50mm, 48mm with an overall length of 120mm, to suit a Spring ID of 60, 63 or 65mm

or
Sleeve inside diameters come in the sizes below:
45mm, 42.2mm, 43mm, 41mm with an overall sleeve length of 75mm to suit a Spring ID of 53 or 57mm
The 45mm also comes with a tube length or 90mm to suit 60mm springs.

Now to the deal :
Pricing for 1 - 5 units is $280
Pricing for 6+ units is $260
Spanners are available at $40 per pair
Shipping is $10 per kit Australia wide.

I am awaiting some pics from John at the moment, and they will be posted as soon as I have them.

For those that are interested, please indicate the following ;
Full Name & Toymods ID
Sleeve ID required
Spring ID Reauired
No. of sets required
If you want a pair of Spanners

The plan is to see how many names we get, the monies will then be paid once a price is locked in, and the items shipped directly from ImportBitz to the respective people.

This has been approved by the Board.

List so far : (updated 07Apr05 - 12:05PM )
1. Michael Bachmann, bbaacchhyy, 2" ID, 65mm, 2 sets (one without top hats), spanners Paid for Kit & Postage Rec'd
2. Chris Martin, Dirty Sanchez, 2", 65mm, 1 set, spanners Paid for Kit + Postage Rec'd
3. Damien Barnes, barned01, 2", 65mm, 1 set, no spanners(only if GB gets to 6+) Paid for Kit + Postage Rec'd
4. Joel Buchan, buccy, 2" ID, 65mm, 1 set, spanners Paid for Kit + Postage Rec'd
5. Stefan Morton, Stefan, 2", 65mm, 1 set, spanners Paid for Kit & Postage Rec'd
6. Chris ?, Stark, 2", 65mm, 1 set, spanners Paid for Kit & Postage Rec'd
7. Jason Marshall, ta2272, 2" ID, 65mm, 1 set, spanners WITHDREW FROM GROUP BUY
8. Greg Prescott, draven, 2" ID, 65mm, 1 set, spanners Paid for Kit & Postage Rec'd

Note from John at ImportBitz

soarer21 wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 23:06

all coilover kits left today via express post
Supplier was a little slow getting them in sorry as he didnt have enough stock, but they've all left now

Cheers

Michael Bachmann

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 22:30] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work Smile

It might help people if we can all determine exactly which ID sleeves are required for particular toys. I'm pretty sure I need a 2" sleeve, but I must admit I'm confused as to what spring ID I need.

Any idea what spring ID is the most common/easilly available?

Another thought is a group buy on coilover springs to suit Smile

BTW put me down as interested, I just need to work out exaclty what I need.

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry if I am out of line by saying this but isnt that pretty expensive? I know I got them cheaper than I should of but I managed to get the same bits in aluminium from Fulcrum for $170 for the lot, not as good as steel but still.

Stefan: I am lead to beleive that 65mm I.D is the most common type for the fronts.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be 100% for it as well but i got nfi what sizes i would need to suit. for an sprinter of course.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirty_Sanchez wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 00:23

i'd be 100% for it as well but i got nfi what sizes i would need to suit.

What Mr Sanchez said, but for my MA61. Whatever you get Bbaachhyy and I'll be getting the same ones I spose.

Yian

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 15:30]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You tell me this AFTER I go and put my struts back in tonight... No No No
RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mike ill get what ever you are getting that includes springs too Smile on a side note $65 a side for the ms123 hubs that for me to get they have been not very helpful at the moment down there. its like they don't want the to sell them to me Rolling Eyes

sorry to hijack.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 22 February 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan : 63 or 65mm are the most common. Springs can be an individual responsibility, as there are so many possibilities. Speak to King Springs Techo department for advice for YOUR application.

Sam Q : The pricing from Fulcrum may be cheaper, but I priced it as $257 including spanners, but the top hats are not as good. The steel sleeves make it easier for most to fit. We also supporting a sponsor, and John in particular is a great guy.

Dirty Sanchez & Yian : You need to specify what you want. My car is different in that it has RA60 strut tubes, so I am not going to take responsibility for ordering the wrong parts taht do not fit. Read the info in the first post on what I need from you.

CruZida : You can still get in Cool

RA65 Sleeka : As per Yian & Dirty Sanchez, you need to double check your measurements. As for springs, I already have some 325 lb/in already.

For those that are interested, please read the first post and reply with the info that is requested.

Springs will be your own responsibility.

For those that want cheaper/alloy sleeves from other supplieers, feel free to follow up the other thread and shop around as the details are there.

As a side note, John has indicated that Kings make their springs in 60 or 65mm ID, and if everyone goes for the same size, it will make life easier, and John will also be able to help with a deal on the springs. It makes no real difference between the two sizes
Cheers

Michael B
buccy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll grab a set. I will pm you with the details when I work it all out. Thanks.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible to check ask quadrant suspensions, as someone posted in the tech section thread?

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 12:10

Is it possible to check ask quadrant suspensions, as someone posted in the tech section thread?

Ask away, but this GB is for the kit through ImportBitz.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 12:45

I meant, check them as a possible alternative for a group buy. (I would for you, but am at work, and don't get home 'til after buis hours)
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 12:34

bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 12:45

I meant, check them as a possible alternative for a group buy. (I would for you, but am at work, and don't get home 'til after buis hours)

Where do you think I am ?

Again, this GB is for the kit through ImportBitz.

I don't mean to be rude, but I want to keep this GB on track. If you want other prices/options, look in the other thread. Please.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2005 02:24]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 13:20

Where do you think I am ?

Again, this GB is for the kit through ImportBitz.

I don't mean to be rude, but I want to keep this GB on track. If you want other prices/options, look in the other thread. Please.

Relax - you came up with the other options pretty quickly, I didn't know.

I just meant that the list of suppliers that you chose ImportBitz from didn't include quadrant suspensions, and as they are a reputable suspension place, they might be worth considering before the group buy got further. Or not. I just want the best deal for everyone too.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can add me to the list for one set, with a set of spanners. To suit 2" strut tube, or whatever you end up getting for your MA6x.

I just have to do some research on availablility of different spring diametres - I don't understand why coilover springs come in different diametres which are almost the same.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 16:02

You can add me to the list for one set, with a set of spanners. To suit 2" strut tube, or whatever you end up getting for your MA6x.

Will do, but you'll have to measure the strut tube, as I mentioned before, I have RA60 struts and I have no idea if they are the same.

Stefan wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 16:02

I just have to do some research on availablility of different spring diametres - I don't understand why coilover springs come in different diametres which are almost the same.

It is just a matter of preference, sometimes it can be a packaging thing for various race cars. The different ID's can allow different solid lengths which give different travels.

If you stick with 65mm, you'll have no issues.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 16:37

Will do, but you'll have to measure the strut tube, as I mentioned before, I have RA60 struts and I have no idea if they are the same.

Thanks - you're going 2"?

RA60/RA65 & all xA6x celica struts are the same. I'm very sure than xA6x supra struts are all the same diametre, and fairly sure that they are also the same as all xA2x & xA4x celicas, as the strut inserts are all interchangeable.

Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if people are wanting these for their sprinter, get the sleeves with an ID of 50mm

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 00:57]

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is for an RA40 strut so if anyone can confirm that would be great (but it does appear to be the same size as xA6x strut).
ok i got a piece of string, measured the circumference and got 165mm
using D=C/pi i get 52.52cm...2.06 inches
so assuming my maths is not entirely accurate this probably equates to 2"
i am not sure on what spring inner diemeter i would need but i will go with the consensus on this.
and can't afford the spanners at the moment so i will pass on that (drift method sounds good Smile ).
1 set required

damien Barnes
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan and Damien,

I don't know if they are the same, and if you assume, and the measurement is wrong, I will not take any responsibility for that.

I will measure mine tonight with a vernier, and if anyone wants to use it as a guide, but it will be a measurement of an RA60 strut tube.

Cheers

MB
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 08:01

Stefan and Damien,

I don't know if they are the same, and if you assume, and the measurement is wrong, I will not take any responsibility for that.

Fair enough, especially about A4 vs A6, but:

all xA6x celica struts are identical

barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 23 February 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2005 23:44]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Thu, 24 February 2005 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I measured the OD of the RA60 struts on the car, and they were 2.005". The MA61 pair that were also lying around wre 2.025" (were a tad cruddy, but still measured it twice to be sure).

Bugger though, forgot to measure the spring ID of what I have. Arrrgh.

Can the others that have shown interest, please provide m,e with the full details ASAP please ?

Michael B
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Sun, 27 February 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got this message back from King Springs about the difference between 63ID and 65ID springs if anyone is interested.
it even has a contact in adelaide for anyone interested
"
The difference between the 63id coils and 65id coils is as follows. 63id coils are either single ended or double ended tapered wire / progressive design, 65id coils are a linear design . You should contact Warren at CV Drive shafts ( Pooraka 82623622) they can supply your coil over hardware and Koni's. You will have to work out your coil application with them and they can supply the required coils.
"

tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Sun, 27 February 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SORRY TO DO THIS

i have a ae82 twinky and i wouldnt mind putting coil overs in it what do i measure

and do i use my old stuts

thanks jess
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 28 February 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tin can wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 10:59

SORRY TO DO THIS

i have a ae82 twinky and i wouldnt mind putting coil overs in it what do i measure

and do i use my old stuts

you measure the diameter of the strut as well as figure out what spring diameter you need.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 05:03]

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 28 February 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it couldnt be done to an ae-82 because they have a sealed strut, am I mistaken?
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 28 February 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a carby mod thay have a sealed unit but on a twinky thay have inserts

ok so what i do is get a verner out and measure the diameter of the coil i need but i dont measure the strut right i give it a bit of leway

am i on the right track
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 28 February 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my friends twinky has a sealed strut so I don't know what's going on there.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 28 February 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to measure the OD of the Strut Tube that you will end up using.

Not being familiar with aexx's, I have no idea on the suitability of these for you.

The Spring ID is so that the correct spring collars can be supplied with the kit.

Cheers

Michael B
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep,

I would like some for my AW11.

Have no idea about sizes etc has anyone got and details and specs for appropriate models ?

Also has anyone actually done this mod ?

Like who actually has cut the struts, welded on the sleeves, fit the strut tops, got the appropriate length, rate, size spring etc ??

I am a mechanical engineer and have thought about doing this for a while, but i must say that it is not a straight forward as you may think. I would love to get in contact with someone who has actually done this so i can have a look.

Further what does everyone hope to gain by doing this ??

The reason i want coil overs is so i can lower the car to 100mm off the deck while still maintaining adequate vertical travel from a static ride height and install a high spring rate without the coil falling out at full droop. AW11s have very limited vertical travel in stock form (especially in the front)so as soon as you lower it, even 50mm you are basically on the bump stop (VERY BAD !!) So i am not sure if this is going to work with standard struts, (even with adjustable knoi inserts)

Would appreciate any feedback from those who have done this before or any suspension heads out there, or for that matter anyone who has proprietry coil overs in there car allready like Tein, Cusco or the like. Especially in Sydney i have never been for a drive in a car with coil overs and would be keen to se how they perform.

Thanks,

Scott Dood
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott,
I can specifically answer your AW11 questions, but hopefully someone else can.

The actual conversion is straightforward, but for what you want and to ensure sufficient travel with the stated groundclearance is another series of issues.

If you want a set of bits, just let me know.

Cheers & Good luck

Michael B
tin can
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in the same boat as gum metal in a way but i what to have thge car about 120mm off the deck i just need a detail step by step on how to measure every thing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tin can wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 15:31

im in the same boat as gum metal in a way but i what to have thge car about 120mm off the deck i just need a detail step by step on how to measure every thing

As far as the "kit" that this group buy is on about is concerned, all that you need to measure is the OD of the strut tube. This will then determine the "sleeve" that you will be suppluied with.

Then decide what ID springs that you want in your kit (note the springs are yopur responsibility, but I need to know what you will use as it affects the top hat and the lock nuts), and it is recommended that 65mm ID is the way to go to aid inm commonisation, and that it is a common size in the King Springs range.

I will aim to close this GB on Friday 11th of March, so payments can be started/finalised ASAP.

Cheers

Michael B
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do we know what brand these kits are? And are any pictures available as yet?
grim boy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay boys a girls , dont meen to through a spanner in the works but has every one though of how or who is going to fit them after they buy them , and as the dude wid the mr2 pointed out , they arnt as easy as ppl might think , and i have done a fue sets , there's a lot of measureing to be dont a being a little bit out can make your car handle like shit . a nother point is that the car will have to be enginered after the conversion is done , your changing a critial part of the car hear guys , so all said and done just rember those fue little things , its a very good conversion to do if you do it properly , but can be costly if you dont , my two cents
good luck with em
Dennis
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to know the price of just the collars with the appropriate nuts and bottom seats, nothing more, thanks
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 22:31

John told me he believed they were Koni items - I didn't realise that Koni made sleeevs etc.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have used Koni kits before and they are good. I just want to make sure that I cant get them cheaper Confused
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Tue, 01 March 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 22:01

Message has been sent to John. Waiting on a response.

Grim Boy - Thanks for the comments, and you are right. I am taking no responsibility for whhat or how people do this work. I will be getting mine engineered with this on.
soarer21
Forums Junkie

Toymods Forum Sponsor

February 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 02 March 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately Koni, I was reading the book today after I drove across town to get you guys a picture.....
Note that the pic shows enough to do one side only, obviously you will be supplied TWO of each item pictured.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=10153

Attachment: PICT0035.JPG
(Size: 86.50KB, Downloaded 1190 time(s))

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Wed, 02 March 2005 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the picture and confirmation John.
stark
Regular

August 2004
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Thu, 03 March 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys... Does anyone have all the measurements needed for a standard MA61 supra???

Just that Im pressed for time and not sure ill be able to take the front struts off in time for this GB thats all...

Cheers
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Thu, 03 March 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are the same as just about every other toyota from the mid 80s I think: 2 inches or 51mm.

Also I have a piar of supra struts that have had the seats chopped off also if your interested, free if you pay the post.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Thu, 03 March 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stark wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 17:06

Hi Guys... Does anyone have all the measurements needed for a standard MA61 supra???

Just that Im pressed for time and not sure ill be able to take the front struts off in time for this GB thats all...

Cheers

I measured my RA60 struts, and according to Stefan, they should be the same as MA61, therefore 2" ID is what you are after there.

I have some Kings Springs in the shed that were left over from my race car that are 10" long (free height), have an ID of 65mm, and have a solid height of 128mm (meaning they have almost 5" of travel) 325 lb/in and the part number is KPS-166.

have a look here for spring selection as a guide.

http://www.kingsprings.com/Prosport/prosport_frame .htm

Cheers

Michael B
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 07 March 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok will these work for the front and back ?? and will they work with a damper ajustment strut like kyb AGX series or somthing ?? and can i add my own pillow mounts to the front ?? also if we have low rider springs will they work with these or will i have to get new springs ?? sorry for sounding like a huge n00b just wondering dont want to get some and then not be able to use them

sorry i got a mx83 cressida

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 11:50]

Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 07 March 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i2obert wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 22:13

ok will these work for the front and back ?? and will they work with a damper ajustment strut like kyb AGX series or somthing ?? and can i add my own pillow mounts to the front ?? also if we have low rider springs will they work with these or will i have to get new springs ?? sorry for sounding like a huge n00b just wondering dont want to get some and then not be able to use them

No offence, but do some research. (You haven't even said what sort of car you have!)
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Mon, 07 March 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the above post done some reserch and have found the answer Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Thu, 10 March 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys,

It is almost time to wrap it all up.

The intention is to get final numbers over the weekend, and then I'll send out the details.

The plan is for the money to be DD'd to me, I'll then send an order to John along with the total monies (if there is any change, all monies will be refunded) and the addresses.

The parts will then be shipped out directly from John at Importbitz.

Cheers

Michael Bachmann
042 111 9249
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - Coil Over kits through Import Bitz Sun, 13 March 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A request was made by one of the people if it was possible to extend teh deadline by another fortnight, and as it suits me also, I have done this.

So the dealine is now the 24th of March.

If people want to pay the money earlier, then by all means, let me know and I'll send you the details

Cheers

Michael B
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Mon, 14 March 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yippee i can eat this week after all Smile
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Tue, 15 March 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well now that it is extended i will be in i will put up details as soon as i pick up my new struts now the question is after i get these are there any places in melb witch will weld them on for me ??

also is there any real advantage of going 65mm over 60mm or so on ??

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 08:40]

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Tue, 15 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know a guy who is a master tig welder who lives in Ferntree gully if thats any good to you, he should be willing to help you for a cheap price.
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Tue, 15 March 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the rest of it the cutting and so on i will call up a few places today and see cost and so on put down some details
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Tue, 15 March 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i2obert wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 18:43

also is there any real advantage of going 65mm over 60mm or so on ??

mainly availability. More people seenm to do 65mm springs, and it will make it easier for John to order the kits when they are all the same seat diameter.

So no real difference (for your application), it is up to you.

I have put your name on the list, so if you can confirm the details before the 24thm, that'd be great

Cheers

Michael B
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Wed, 16 March 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah np i pick up my new struts this saturday so as soon as they come in i will get the things needed to order but so far i will take 65mm spring and 1 spanner and just a front pair for the struts as i cant afford a full set atm

ah just a update i dont get paid till the 31st i got my pay weeks wrong im sorry people Sad dammm retarted paying system so you can close the group buy now i will just contact importblitz my self the week after and get it sorry once agian

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 06:51]

ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Wed, 16 March 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im good to pay now if everone else wants to get it on the way.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Wed, 16 March 2005 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta2272 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 00:08

well im good to pay now if everone else wants to get it on the way.

For those that want to pay early (the order date will remain the same) so they don't spend money and then can't afford it, feel free to PM me and I'll store the money until the required date.

To reiterate, the order book will close on the 24th, funds should be DD'd to my account on the 25th or the 28th, with the aim to then DD the total to John's account once all funds are in (hopefully the 31st March as a guide)

Cheers

Michael B
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Now closing 24/3/05** Thu, 17 March 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what date shoudl the sleeve kits be sent out by i.e When will we recieve them

Jason
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Group Buy - C/Over kits thru ImportBitz **Money sent 30/3/05 - see last post** Thu, 17 March 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ta2272 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 17:08

so what date shoudl the sleeve kits be sent out by i.e When will we recieve them

Jason

I'd hope that he'd order them once he receives confirmation from me re the final number, and ship them the next day that he rec'd them.

I'll ask him what the turnaround time will be.

I am in contact with John on the progress.

Cheers

Michael B

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2005 21:42]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter rims
Next Topic:Free to a good home >> '85-'86 AW11 "triangle" wheels.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:21:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012765884399414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.