Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 22 February 2005 06:25 Go to next message
The next Classic Celica meet details are as follows:

Date: Sunday 20th March 2005.

Time: 11:00am

Melways ref: Map 42, D11.

At the east end of Lorimer street, opposite 'Boeing Hawker de Havilland'. There is plenty of parking along side the Yarra - hopefully they will be empty!

These are the same meeting place details as the first meet last year.

Contact details: My number is 0413 889 068, and my email is nickel@alphalink.com.au for any questions you might have!

Note: Everyone is welcome to attend, even if they dont own a Celica... The more the merrier, and it should be a fun day..hopefully the weather holds out this time!

Updates to follow!
  Send a private message to this user    
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 22 February 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in comming (yellow TA22 with "460" on it) but have the pics from the last celica day get posted?
kool22
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 22 February 2005 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in! See ya all there!
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, ill endevour to be there too!
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you remember who was taking pics? I checked the forum and website, no-one has posted any yet...i'll try and get some soon!
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'll be there.

with a digital camera hopefully. And maybe a video camera.
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For those who are also members of the TCCA this event should be posted in the next newsletter, so you can attend with club plated cars if you want.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooo how special.
pitty my car is registered anyway. sucker.
now that I've made an ass of my self, can I ride with you rinmax cos lil rolla needs some serious repairs.
please please please???
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 February 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What happened Cliff?

Good to see you in Jacob!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 February 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok now im gonna start rubbing back the hi fill, hopefully its all ready to go and i shall be in.

Cheers Adam
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 February 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Little Wombat your always welcome the 22 so the seat is officialy sold.
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 February 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Rinmax.

Nickel well....The car has been running off for a week now, it seems to be starving for fuel. so one we need to change the elect fuel pump, no the replacement one I have is a VL one, so I need to get a regulator for it.

Then I went and ran at the drags on sunday with TCCA at heathcote, after that the fuel problem was worse, also the gearbox is now screaming at me to change it. As well as that I need to put a locked diff back in cos I broke the celica one i had in there (thats 3 diffs with this engine now).

As well as that ont he trip home the rattle and vibration in the front end is getting alot worse, so I think I need to replace all the front suspension, and steering.

Now my bonus out of all this is the only thing I'll need to buy is the regulator cos I have everything else already ...and all for free too. hehe. so cost wise not much atleast.

Anyway cos I ain't racing it this year I'm running in my bro's car I have decided that I'm gonna go ahead with my plan for the lil rolla.

I want to use it for rallys, tarmac rallys mostly. so instead of doing all this work and then having to undo some of it to change the set up, I decided I'm just gonna do the setup for rally now, saves doubling up.

so that means I also have to change the rear suspension, and maybe the whole rear end cos I might run 4 wheel discs.

That's basically it. big job, means the car is "resting" for a while.
Rinmax
Regular

September 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 February 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So in other words you going to set it up like my Celica?
big c
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 25 February 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no rinmax, in other words he's whoring off the little 2 litre ke20!!!
but he's towing for me. i'll be at the meet, hiding in rinmax's boot.... Very Happy
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 25 February 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not whoring I'm gonna teach you how to drive that thing.

Anyway Rinmax yes pretty much like your ta-22 but it'll weigh less. hehe.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 27 February 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what 2lt is in the Corolla now?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 27 February 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill make sure i can take the 20th off - Gt4 wont be coming this time - shes at the engineers till early april getting more go faster bits made + approved

but can get the supra ready!
big c
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 27 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2 litre is a 3t hybrid. if you've seen my brothers car (yellow and black ke35) its not that one. this 20 is my race car.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 08 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring them out, shine them up! Not long to go now...we've got about 14 in so far!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 08 March 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still trying to get this day off - will know soon if i can come
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 10 March 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a check to see if its cool post :

mentioned this cruise on another celica forum - theres a few guys in melb who have gt4's and more modern celicas that are keen for a meet the same day - mentioned that this ones being held + it would be a good chance for all melb celica nuts to catch up and say hi ..

Are you "classic" dudes cool with a few moderns turning up as well ? We'll chip in with extra foodstuffs to cover the extra bods - but yeah - hioping this wont be a problem Smile

( i know there was no issue with me being there at previous meets being an ex classic owner and stuff ;)"

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 10 March 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem at all...the more the merrier!

We just said you could come Stu so you wouldn't feel left out! hehehehe Smile

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 10 March 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the Gt4 doesnt get to play with nice celicas all that often ..

it usually has to put up with smelly sprinters and corollas Wink
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not working, so I'm in !

edit: James has shotgun.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2005 03:30]

wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll bring my baseball bat Smile
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 16 March 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eh I might show up if I wake up early enough ('85 KE70).

Classique71: They aint smelly, just smelltastically satisfying Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 16 March 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh - whos spreading these lies!!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 16 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol,

can't wait for this, havent been to a CC meet in ages.

Pitty I wont have either of my beasts there....

Be good to see some folks i recognize, and them some i dont Smile
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 16 March 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I have bball G'Final on at 4pm. So I'll be making a cameo apperance. Won't be able to stay all day.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 17 March 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i'll be the same as Jacob....I should be there, but I am not sure if the car will be up for a cruise by Sunday.

See you all there!
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 17 March 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'll be there too,in my st162. there will be a few others from celicatech coming along aswell.cu on the day Smile
Supra6
Occasional Poster

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 17 March 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there with my MA61...
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 17 March 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 20:12

yeah the Gt4 doesnt get to play with nice celicas all that often ..

it usually has to put up with smelly sprinters and corollas Wink

There was a time I would have taken offence to that Stu.......

Thankfully that time has long since passed.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 18 March 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra6 wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 10:17

I'll be there with my MA61...

I'll be bringing my camera then Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 18 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe mike Wink

we know now of the corolla vs supra need Wink

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 18 March 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i might even go ,
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 18 March 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait, i def be there, then head out to calder parks to watch drifts later on!!!!!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Fri, 18 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just clarification CCG car guys - ill you be BBq'ing again this time - ie is there facilirtys to cook up a snag where we meet ( never been to this meetpoint )

if not can you get back to me asap so i can inform the celicatech guys that no BBQ will be cooking + to pre organise foodage !

* edit * im not expecting snags to be provided for outsiders of the normal meets - i had planned to bruign a heap of food + stuff with other celicatech guys to cover us - thats all *

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2005 07:24]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 19 March 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Fellas, I can't go... Unless a master cylinder falls from the sky today or something mysterously fixes my brake issue, the MA61 can't go and the SA63 is being used somewhere else...

Cheers.
wolverine
Regular

November 2004
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 19 March 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my muffler is giving out on me.....................just today >:(

after i got new rear tyres...............i was gonna get front tyres as well but my my front wheels have locknuts and the key happen to gone AWOL ???

anyways the weather is loking good...............i think "mostly sunny @ 22" ;D

if my muffler dont get any louder i'll b there

....................heck i'll b there anyway hopefully the cops wont hear me drivingby .....................hehehe

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 19 March 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, fine and 22 for tommorow...do you think we can have a meet and have good weather?

There is a first time for everything, isn't there?

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 19 March 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be a change...
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sat, 19 March 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope the weather is good, i wouldnt mind seeing some old celica's without getting rained on for once Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was a great meet - good to see all three forum clubs represented on the day - and hopefully not thwe last meet of that size we have !

had a good chat to the TCCA guys who should be posting something soon on here re more events and stuff for all to get inciolved with - things are sounding promising!

There wa only one downside of the day - that was the fool in the orange ta22 that thought it was a good idea to overtake another car while i was driving away.

Who ever it was just thank CHRIST that my supra has good brakes -and that i had room to the left to swerve to avoid you !

Take a good look at yourself mate - and pull your head in - that move was bloody reckless.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big thanks to Stuart for letting me whore with him on the day. Also, Richard (MA46) Man, I love your car. It was all I could to stop myself from humping it. Yeah Mr Orange mobile was kinda a sad note to finish up our day, just yeah, take a bit more care next time mate.
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah was o...k not enough fully sik turboooo's
hehe Razz
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woops, forgot to engage the brain before posting Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 20 March 2005 13:30]

Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green_Comet wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 00:20

yeah was o...k not enough fully sik turboooo's
hehe Razz

YHheheh, sorry I couldn't make it Ryan.. Razz
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres some photos:

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/6955/dsc013627dg.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/5636/dsc013641vv.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/2398/dsc013658hr.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/6971/dsc013662br.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/2856/dsc013687te.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/3092/dsc013727yg.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/8794/dsc013739vk.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/705/dsc013740cq.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/9403/dsc013757lq.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/2705/dsc013786dj.jpg

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Sun, 20 March 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img179.exs.cx/img179/3392/dsc013837ds.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/3634/dsc013843ed.jpg

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/935/dsc013909yb.jpg
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Mon, 21 March 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last 3 at calder drift night car park ,

-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Mon, 21 March 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to everyone who came to the meet, it was a shame I got there so late but I desperately wanted to get the car down there. A quick 10am sump change over to complete wasn't a good idea and I didn't arrive until 1pm!

Next time we'll have to plan a cruise...hope everyone had a good time!
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Mon, 21 March 2005 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i loved jacobs crazy one wheel drift camber!! Very Happy
ronin11
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Tue, 22 March 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on behalf of celicatech, thanks for the invite to come along. was great to see some really nice early model celica's.. there were some really tuff looking cars there. i think one of the biggest standout cars to me personally was smik 73. man.. your car is awesome.. great looking machine.. good work.

so congrats on the good day guys. well done.

hopefully we can do something similar to this again soon.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 March 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that allans MA45? Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 March 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 11:03

In Allan's Dreams... It's Richard's MA46 from what Allan said as he was with me at Nick-A-Part at the time of the meet Sad *Damn MA61 brakes.

Cheers.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 March 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 12:24

Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 11:03

In Allan's Dreams... It's Richard's MA46 from what Allan said as he was with me at Nick-A-Part at the time of the meet Sad *Damn MA61 brakes.

Cheers.

it's horn Surprised
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Wed, 23 March 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i noticed a ra28 a blue one.... who's is it?
got ne more pics?
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 March 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car andy Very Happy
ENVYS-SR20
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Classic Celica Meet #7 - Sunday 20th March 2005 Thu, 24 March 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

damn missed out again, i gotta check the formus more oftern, maybe next time

adam
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vic rally championship starts sat
Next Topic:5 spots left anyone:P
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:03:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090651512145996 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.