Toymods » Tech & Conversions » hey guys just after some bolting torques

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cooter
Regular

October 2004
hey guys just after some bolting torques Wed, 23 February 2005 00:35 Go to next message
hey i need the torques for the rear main seal housing bolts, the flywheel bolts, clutch pressure plate bolts, rocker cover bolts and sump bolts. cheers. oh yeah and is it nescessary to align the clutch? i know itd be better but i dont have the tools or knowledge to do it.
thanks
craig
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Wed, 23 February 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cooter wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 11:35

hey i need the torques for the rear main seal housing bolts, the flywheel bolts, clutch pressure plate bolts, rocker cover bolts and sump bolts. cheers. oh yeah and is it nescessary to align the clutch? i know itd be better but i dont have the tools or knowledge to do it.
thanks
craig

torques are in your engine/chassis manual.

as for clutch.. it is much better to do it, and you have the tools.. your eyeballs.... get in the trans tunnel and eyeball it. that will nearly always get it close enough.

Cya, Stewart
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Thu, 24 February 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats actually the reason for asking cause i dont have a manual and cant find one. so again can anyone tell me the torques please
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Fri, 25 February 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cumon guys bump
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Sat, 26 February 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutch pressure plate for a 3sge is... pressure plate 65 pounds , the sump is between 48 and 55 in-pounds......... i think if you stick around that youll be fine. rocker cover bolts just do em up til there tight, duno about the rear housing main seals , aligning the clutch plate just use a broom stick if ur limited to tools , youll know if u dont have it right Razz

dunno if im not reading something but might help if u put the engine that it is...

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 07:59]

Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Sat, 26 February 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sump between 48-55 pounds? thats like 70nm on a sump bolt?

for a 4age there 9.5nm

real main end plate 9.5nm

flywheel 75nm

rocket cover 9.5nm

dont have a reading for pressure plate
cooter
Regular

October 2004
Re: hey guys just after some bolting torques Sun, 27 February 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car wont idle when fans turn on
Next Topic:fuel pressure regulator
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 13:32:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078611373901367 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.