Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ANYONE OWN A CALDINA?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dori Dori
Regular

March 2004
ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 23 February 2005 03:16 Go to next message
Does anyone on hear own a ST215 Caldina? Prefferably one with the 3S-GTE engine.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 23 February 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are currently not approved through RAWS although it was mentioned that they will be soon, once they start coming in I will get one if they are reasonably priced.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 23 February 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't there someone here have one, i think theres one being sold on the forums in the cars for sale,
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 23 February 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats wagonist, also turbocaldina, wagonists and turbocaldina's cars are older though and wagonists car is actually a diesel. What this guy wants is the Gt-t same as what I want, which runs from 97 onwards with AWD and 3sgte. 191kw and 324nm of torque, weighs 1410kg for the manual.
toy.car
Regular

January 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 24 June 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you guys find a st215?
what price?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 24 June 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a ST215 3sgte Halfcut for sale recently, but you want the car right.
toy.car
Regular

January 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 24 June 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the car all of the car . but i like the look of the GT4 so im keeping it.
whats the cost of a caldina ?
the 15 year grey import rule has changed?
any one know what the new rules are?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Sun, 26 June 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude the Caldina does not fall under the 15 year rule cos it is a lot newer so we won't get into that. It would have to be imported under the raws scheme and at the current point in time no workshop has the RAW to import and compliance an ST215 Caldina Gt-t.
There is talk of it happening soon and talking to the wagonist last weekend and a few others this weekend it might actually happen. The sad news though is whilst the St215 started in 1997 the ones that will be most likely allowed to be imported will be from 2000 or 2001 onwards which was a slight facelift.
This means they will be quite expensive around the 30K range so way out of my and others potential buyers league.
The 1997 model regularly sell for 17-20K for a pretty much mint one down to 12K for one with higher mileage or that has been thrashed off its tits in Japan and New Zealand shame really.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Sun, 26 June 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and in the case of turbocaldina he built his himself, His model is the same i think to wagonist but be bought an auto awd model with a 3sfe or ge in it bought an ST205 half cut i think and installed that into making it a manual 3sgte caldina
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Sun, 26 June 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are a very nice practicle car so it would be worth 30k instead of buying a mazda 3 or similar
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Sun, 26 June 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbocaldina has the ST185 gen 2 3sgte and runnin gear in his car
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Mon, 27 June 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to buy an unthrashed ST215W in japan is around AUD$17-20,000. on top of that you have transport, import duty, GST AND compliancing to deal with once it gets back to Australia.
the stickler is you must own it for 12 months overseas to be able to import it to australia... if you know someone living in japan or newzealand or even britain, you can do it fairly easily..

i think the chances of it being approved under SEVS is not so good, but if anyone wants to put in an application?

problem is, if the application fails, it goes onto the SEVS banned list Sad

i was thinking of getting one... nice motor, looks nice.. 13.8-14.0 1/4mile from factory.... and also WRX STI insurance costs Wink.. maybe not...
Cya, Stewart

ps, manuals are very hard to find in japan.. i think less than 5% are manual, and even less GT-T's were manual... not so easy...

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Tue, 28 June 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've got one, but its a 96 turbo diesel 190 series.

TurboCaldina is slightly older (mine has a facelift from his) & as has been stating earlier, his started as an auto 3S-FE & then fitted an ST185 halfcut.

There are people trying to get the ST215 approved, but it still has been passed.

The Caldina will never be brought in under the "1989" rule as its probably going to be called as there was no Caldina before 1992. The wagon had previously been based on the Carina rather than the Corona.

And despite the GTT Caldina starting in 97, there's little hope of importers bringing in anything before the 2000 model.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 29 June 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw a black one the same as Wagonist drive through Balmain on Sunday.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 29 June 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, that makes 3 I know of in Sydney.
Was it the same as mine, or the same shell? Unless you new the differences though, you mightn't be able to tell.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 29 June 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pretty sure it was exactly the same, had the 4WD TZ? decal on the hatch
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Wed, 29 June 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out this link:
http://www.caldina.ic24.net/UK/about/about_e.html

The easiest way to tell the pre 96 models from the 96 & 97 models is the taillights.
Early ones have indicators on top & are square, while the later ones have rounder lights & indicators on the bottom.
There are a lot of other differences, but you have to know to tell.
inane
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Thu, 13 October 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup Smile '98 st215w GTT Razz
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah yeah
&($^&*&^W$$@# Kiwis
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inane wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 07:56

is it aerial spec? or just aerial bumper stick on thing?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like shortly there might be one less in Sydney & one more in Perth... (I could do with the money Wink )
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah
*$($%@#^ Japanese residents too Laughing Laughing Wink Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 18:55

oh yeah
*$($%@#^ Japanese residents too Laughing Laughing Wink Razz

just taking a wild guess Rolling Eyes i would suggest that japanese residents own most of the caldinas... Laughing
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Fri, 14 October 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are heaps of them in New Zealand. i was just there on student exchange and i saw heaps of GT-T's
inane
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Thu, 20 October 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 21:42

inane wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 07:56

is it aerial spec? or just aerial bumper stick on thing?

nope not aerial spec, those things are @#$@$ ugly imho, and weigh an extra 40 odd kilos,

its got a sunroof... although I dont know what "stick on thing" you are referring too? maybe the front spoiler?
if so, then no thats a front spoiler!!!! Razz

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Thu, 20 October 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your avatar pic looks hot as u got any bigger crisper photos of your car mate ?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Thu, 20 October 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inane wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 14:15

its got a sunroof... although I dont know what "stick on thing" you are referring too? maybe the front spoiler?
if so, then no thats a front spoiler!!!! Razz

like the front spoiler in this pic? ie the bit with the silver trim?

http://search.washdykeautos.co.nz/dealers/1534/car/277833_large_top.jpg
inane
Newcomer

August 2004
Re: ANYONE OWN A CALDINA? Thu, 20 October 2005 17:47 Go to previous message
http://toyspeed.blakjak.net/profiles/photos/611.jpg

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:woohoo!
Next Topic:Need some help, i need some pics...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:16:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059018135070801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.