Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Wolf3d... what u guys think about them...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 04:18 Go to next message
is wolf 3d anygood for an ae86?

or u know anyone or a friend that uses it in the sprinters.. i need some technical help with these little gadget.. ei wirings and management etc..

cheers u guys.
  Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out AEMS (wolf3D) website for your tech info, it's easy enough to find using google or yahoo. I have found wolf ECU's good value. I'm using a wolf 2D on my 3TEU and it's very reliable and effective.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wolf has been great, easy to wire and configure and great support from head office in Melbourne as well
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They do a good job of injecting fuel and sparking when needed. But then again, which modern computer doesn't?

The big question is, which engine? If you have big cams and quads you might run into problems tuning due to low vacuum at idle, but this should be the only problem.

AE86s have so few wires running from the body to the engine that wiring in a new computer is very easy, just follow the instructions provided and you are fine.

Hen
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes its quite a classic style game, bit old and the graphcis are a little pixelated.... Oh shit woops my bad.... ECU talk HAHAHA Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Thu, 24 February 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If you have big cams and quads you might run into problems tuning due to low vacuum at idle, but this should be the only problem.

nope, the wolf handles it just fine, it has a idle lock out that is programable between rpm, map and tps parameters that YOU set and has more than enough resolution to cope with narrow vacume ranges
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Fri, 25 February 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 10:36

Quote:

If you have big cams and quads you might run into problems tuning due to low vacuum at idle, but this should be the only problem.

nope, the wolf handles it just fine, it has a idle lock out that is programable between rpm, map and tps parameters that YOU set and has more than enough resolution to cope with narrow vacume ranges

That's good to know. Now there's nothing stopping me...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Fri, 25 February 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got one on my Gt4 - works fine for daily duties , though can be a bit hard to start on cold cold mornings ..

Still hasnt been diiealed in 100 % but i am producing about 5KW more at the wheels - on 2 psi less boost , for better economy thena i was on the stock FCD'ed factory ecu ..

Im expecting more when it goes back to be re dynoed soon + boost raised to 18 or so PSI instead of 12
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Fri, 25 February 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to have that struggle in the cold days too.. back when the car was running that was...

i now have to get it tuned.. but i dont know any garages here in melbourne that knows how to dyno tune this car with wolf3d ecu

btw i bought the car with the ECU in it w/hand controller on a 4age 100kw small port..
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Sat, 26 February 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you still have contact details for the guy whom you purchased the car from you may ask him where he had it tuned, or where he bought the ECU. This could be beneficial to sourcing a tuner. Alternatively in Wolf's magazine adverts they advertise the different support companies within their ad.

Good luck
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Sat, 26 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not give AEM ( wolf ) a call - they are in rowville - in melb !

they do the tuning on my car at a workshop nearby - has an AWD dryno too - so you can dial it in correctly
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Sat, 26 February 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quote: i used to have that struggle in the cold days too.. back when the car was running that was...

i now have to get it tuned.. but i dont know any garages here in melbourne that knows how to dyno tune this car with wolf3d ecu

btw i bought the car with the ECU in it w/hand controller on a 4age 100kw small port..
unquote:: (quoted wrong post)

Did you buy that white 86 (with black pearl flamed bonnet) in brunswick of the asian guy? I almost bought that car...

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 09:06]

WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Wolf3d... what u guys think about them... Sun, 27 February 2005 11:39 Go to previous message
yeah i did... Confused its a sweet lemon this one... Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Urgent help needed auto kickdown cable meltdown!!!!
Next Topic:ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 07:30:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066559314727783 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.