Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
4agze looks hard to wire up Sat, 02 November 2002 00:06 Go to next message
I want to put a 4a-gze in place of my carby 4a-c in my AE82. I have a friend whos is c mechanic who says it will be no problem to put the motor in. We are however a bit worried about wiring it up. Could someone whos done the conversion let me know what is required when wiring an efi loom up to a non-efi car?
  Send a private message to this user    
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sat, 02 November 2002 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 4AGZE to wire up soon too. Just looking at the loom gives me nightmares.
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sat, 02 November 2002 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its the only part of the conversion I'm worried about, if any one has dont it could they please let me know what was involed or better yet a guide of what goes where, thanks
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sat, 02 November 2002 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately I'm not doing too much of this any more otherwise I'd be happy to give you a quote. The only other business I know of that does this sort of work is Steve Cox at Quickfit in Hornsby, Sydney. If you send him the loom he can sort it and tag the wires required. Installation is usually a matter of only 6 or so wires.

Grant
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sat, 02 November 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you guys get the whole loom sets.. about 2/3

1x from engine (should still be intact)
1x for the interiror (runs from drivers to passenger to ecu)
1x for bodyengine bay

we did an AE82 4A-C to Efi 4AGE conversion.
Pump was done by replacing the whole tank much easier since the plug/sender is already there.. it just needs to be hooked up.
We kept the original 4ac lines and no problems about leaning out to date.. infact its running rich (needs tune up).

We kept pretty much the same engine bay wiring.. with 1 wire custom runned. called an auto elect. he did a trace and walla we got it working Smiley =

http://members.optushome.com.au/michael.deleon/toymods/DSC01354.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/michael.deleon/toymods/DSC01355.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/michael.deleon/toymods/DSC01376.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 02 November 2002 11:32]

Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sun, 03 November 2002 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks xfader, very good info. How much did the tank set you back? I also found a wiring guide for the 4agze on club4ag. Is there a service manuel or someting that shows where all the wiring goes on my current setup? Then I can easily mach the two up.
gez'us
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sun, 10 November 2002 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please let me know how u go and what dirrection u take as im looking to do this ezact conversion! cheers
gez'us
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Sun, 10 November 2002 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please let me know how u go and what dirrection u take as im looking to do this ezact conversion! cheers
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My little bro put a Delco onto his 4ag. Tuned up nicely too. Different wiring loom though.
gez'us
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for taking the time 2 reply!
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mate I'll keep you posted. I'm still working out all the details. I want to get as much info on how to do the conversion as I can so there are no suprises. The mechanic who is going to do it with me has never done it before and he wants me to reasearch really well before we decide to do it.

So you used an EFi fuel tank from and AE82? will the pump in that be good enough for a gze?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 November 2002 01:07]

Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are always surprises and it always takes longer than expected Smile

just from Mangew's conversion that was spose to only take 1 weekend Laughing
starting with plain things such as the half cut not arriving on time.....

ummm u would want a bigger fuel pump, Mangew ran one off an rx7 not sure which serries but surprisingly it was exactly I mean exactly the same size as the ae82 one and bolted straight in Smile

The motor will bolt straight in unless ur picky like Matt is and u want your LSD gze box hehe
gez'us
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribbo

which varients came with an lsd box and how difficult are they to use in an AE82 in regards to space and drive shafts?
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 11 November 2002 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not really sure

umm to get it in mikey had lots of fun with the welder Smile
I think the whole motor had to be lowered by adding spacers and addtions to the mounting bracket for the bearbox.
Im really not sure on the details other than mike under the car lots measuring up and welding stuff up Smile
Browndog
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Tue, 12 November 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did want a LSD but, I also want it to go in as easy as possible, since I'm doing it me self.

gez'us:- The AE101 came with a LSD gear box (not sure if all of them did), the LSD box is a E58 rather than the non-LSD wich is a E51.

MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 4agze looks hard to wire up Mon, 25 November 2002 11:18 Go to previous message
heya i was gonna post up a thread like this as i am wanting to do the exact same thing as i have a 4ac seca.
one thing i am thinking of is if i can use my fuel tank and just put another pump into the place of the sender unit.

hmmm i was told the 20v box fits bar the toop box mount when you look ant the passenger side strut tower.but yeah i would rather try and get the lsd in there instead

i will try and find out more as well and let you know as long as you can let me know of anything you find out.

what you gonna do nout your dash keep it the ame or change it. im gonna put and autometer set of guages into mine(the box set).

thanks man.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suzuki Swift wont rev over 2000
Next Topic:1g-gte computer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jul 1 04:30:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066070556640625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.