Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mcrslyder
Occasional Poster

December 2004
icon14.gif  ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sat, 26 February 2005 09:08 Go to next message
Hi everyone, can some one suggest my problem. I recently put a 3sgte into a st162 but it seems that it overheats and that the temperature gauge goes up straight away in 2 mins when u start up the car. Can someon plz help, asap.
Thanks.
Mad Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sat, 26 February 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checked for BGH? (bubbles in coolant, water vapour in oil, running rough at idle, wa ter vapopur in exhaust gases)

is the cooling system retaining pressure (e.g. radiator hoses under pressure when hot) or loosing it (and boiling over)?

radiator/cooling system flushed while engine swap underway?

got correct thermostat?

temp guage accurate?

used the right hardware (e.g injectors, ecu, etc) for the engine?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sat, 26 February 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 minutes??? It would have to be something more than a BHG to get heaps hot in 2 mins or less.
After 2 mins is the radiator too hot to touch?
I would suspect the temp sender is stuffed.
Otherwise if it really is getting that hot that quick then you must be running very lean!
Possibly you've got smaller injectors than what the ECU is mapped for.
e.g. Gen 3 motor + ECU with Gen 2 injectors
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sat, 26 February 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feel if the top and bottom radiator hoses are warm. if only one is that means its your thermostat.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat thermo fans are you using and where r they... i know the stock 162 fans dont go back in the factory spot without cuttin a lil bit out of the shroud...and the standard temperature guage is as accurate as you will get. lines up exactly to my ecu's reading of the temp

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 05:11]

mcrslyder
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ye thanks, i calibrated the tem gauge and what kind of thermostat do i get? and i have all the right stock ecu and ignition and all that. Im going to change the thermostat. if its still overheats what would be the problem?
Thanks
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to supercheap/repco or toyota etc and look it up in the book near the thermostats
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many thermo fans are you using? and what side of the raidator do u have them on?
mcrslyder
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ye sure thanks.
mcrslyder
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: ST162 1986 3sgte overheating problem and Temp gauge goes to hot in 2 mins. plz help Sun, 27 February 2005 11:29 Go to previous message
ye im only using one aftermarket gt4 fans and it on the engine side. ye and it is still overheating. do u reckon it got to do with the intercooler where there is no air going into it?
cheers.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wolf3d... what u guys think about them...
Next Topic:Car wont idle when fans turn on
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 09:20:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053651332855225 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.