Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rafael
Occasional Poster

January 2005

icon4.gif  '88 Supra Stereo Info Sun, 27 February 2005 05:25 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I'm settin up my friends stereo in his '88 Supra. Just some recommendations to what size speaker setup I should use?

Did most people just use factory locations and use 4" splits front, 4" splits rear and just subs in the boot? This is pretty much where I'm heading but I would rather get some bigger mid range speakers somewhere if I can.

any example pics appreciated.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Sun, 27 February 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me and a mate installed 4" pioneer splits in the front, mounted the tweeters at the top of the A pillar covers, sounds great!

For rears he had external 6x9 boxes that just sit in his boot and a 10" sub, all that is plenty loud imho.

Cheers,
James

PS. The car was my mates Smile
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Sun, 27 February 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had kenwood 4" splits in the front (tweeter in same place as vipper) and had 5 1/2" splits in the rear stock location, with the tweeter up near the coat hook thingys.

Also had a 12" sub with a 4ch coustic amp, and it all sounded fukn sweet i reckon.

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Sun, 27 February 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6" 3way in the front doors + 6" 2way on each side wall of the back seat
+ 12" sub in the booty would be fine. thats what i have and its damn loud Razz

4" are shite and will do nothing but sound like a big tweeter... which would be a good idea if u wanna get silly and put like 2x12" subs in the boot. but then u gotta think of midrange otherwise his stereo will be more of a headache from all the high pitched sound.

Pioneer do some great 3 ways so do JBL
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Sun, 27 February 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Sun, 27 February 2005 21:41

6" 3way in the front doors + 6" 2way on each side wall of the back seat
+ 12" sub in the booty would be fine. thats what i have and its damn loud Razz

4" are shite and will do nothing but sound like a big tweeter... which would be a good idea if u wanna get silly and put like 2x12" subs in the boot. but then u gotta think of midrange otherwise his stereo will be more of a headache from all the high pitched sound.

Pioneer do some great 3 ways so do JBL

4" are shit ay? Maybe you should listen to the infinity KAPPA series 50wRMS speakers. They shit on any <$150 6" ive ever heard. Bass response is also very good.
I run the 2 sets of 4s in my car and a box i made with two 6.5" woofers in the boot and it sounds great.
You CANT, let me repeat CANT fit 6" speakers in the doors (maybe you can with monstrous modifications and rooting your doors). The 1990 or 1991 models and above had 6" speakers in the front. that was the main stereo upgrade.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=post& start=0&reply_to=553207&returnto=%2Findex. php%3Ft%3Dpost%23msg_553207&

and yeah mines a soarer 88 model same doors same stock stereo everything read the above link the same question was asked b4 and i wrote up what i did and i must say u can fit 6-6.5 inch splits in there just need to modify the door - slight banging and hacksawing required and yeah id say 6 inch splits are more better sounding than 4 inchers defenitly

viper u seem to be close enuf to me , i wanna compare ur mates system with mine if thats cool so then we can see which size 4 inch or 6-6.5 inch are better suited for the supra/soarer

mind u mines a budget system

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 00:39]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian - sounds cool, my mate lives in langwarrin, so if you wanna organise a night during the week when u wanna catch up, just drop me a pm.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah cool man iil pm u later im off the road for the time being licence suspension another 2 months to go iil see if smeone can drive my car down soomewhere near u place ok

cheers
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hear that Sad iv been suspended for 6 months, just approaching the final month, dying to get back on the road.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aghhhhhb damn we must have been done somewhere close to each other , tell me u didnt get owned by a motorcycle copper , freak waas hiding behind a tree and busted me with the radar gun Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

u wrent doing 90 in a 50 zone like me were u i got 6 months too

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2005 02:44]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: '88 Supra Stereo Info Mon, 28 February 2005 03:23 Go to previous message
I got done doing 110 in a 70 zone, but cop thought it was a 60 zone which would've meant 12 months, so I had to write into vicroads to get them to check it. Bastards with their gheydar.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:7.5 LSD
Next Topic:1jz electrical/firing problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Sep 30 04:30:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062820911407471 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.