Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jeff1600
Occasional Poster

September 2004
icon14.gif  TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 01 March 2005 08:19 Go to next message
Hi all. Finally we have a date for our motorkhana at Gympie. April 3rd. Starts at 9am, is on wet concrete and costs $20. No cams required. Heaps of fun. We invite all on this forum to attend. Please PM me with a confirmation if you are planning on coming, as we need to know as soon as possible. Cheers, Jeff1600.
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA ON APRIL 3RD- REMINDER! Thu, 24 March 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Important Reminder - this event is fast approaching!

- Competitors need to make a $10 deposit to confirm their entry and help us book the venue. Phone or SMS Jeff Mason (TTC Qld competition secretary) on 0402 154 115 to arrange payment of the $10

- cruise up to gympie for competitors and spectators leaves the Carseldine Caltex at 6am SHARP! on the Sunday morning. You will want to bring a comfy hat, chair, UHF radio, camera (still or vid), cash for food.

- competitors will need a valid licence (learner's need a suitably legal passenger) and a road-registered car.

- the Cooloolah car Club is providing staff for the event and will have bbq & drinks for sale - please show support their club as they're a very friendly bunch of car loons!

- fuel up during the week as buying a tank of PuLP on a sunday is expensive. The drive up takes about 1 3/4 hrs.

- it's just as much fun to watch as it is to compete!! plus watching is free!!

If you are thinking competing and havn't paid a deposit you have to contact Jeff now! There are entry slots for at least 35 cars.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Thu, 24 March 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be spectating. Rona won't be on the road and rolla's gearbox is just about stuffed. Should be good.
lite
Regular

November 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Thu, 24 March 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where is it exactly?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Fri, 25 March 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the club use the skid pan at: <http://www.drivertraining.com.au/index.html>

search the whitepages for 'Roadcraft' and you'll get an address.

whereis shows Drummond Drive on the southern side of gympie.

If you search for the address with whereis.com.au you can get a location map.

from memory, we turned off the highway, turned right into Pronger street and entered the site at the corner where it becomes drummond drive.

note of caution: no big burnouts on the bitumen or the grass - keep enthusiasm to the wet concrete course Embarassed

if you're not driving your own car: maybe you can bludge a drive or spectate from the passenger seat! co-drivers usually end up wearing shit-eating grins Laughing Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sat, 26 March 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im coming with soulfire, my car will be at the interior retrimmers getting made all pretty and stuff...
well be coming in his corona.
Now, id just like to say.. wtf is with these spastic wake up times.. I generally dont like to be a zombie.
what time is it expected to last till?
if its late enough im bringing a gas bbq and shiz
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sat, 26 March 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, i'll be competing in the shittest car around!

but it should be heaps of fun!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sat, 26 March 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 26 March 2005 12:21

Now, id just like to say.. wtf is with these spastic wake up times.. I generally dont like to be a zombie.
what time is it expected to last till?
if its late enough im bringing a gas bbq and shiz

The early start is because it's nearly 2 hours drive there and competition kicks off at abou 8:30 am. Razz

You can sleep in if you want but you wont be able to compete if you turn up late.

Depending on weather, conditions and driver ability - the day usually ends by mid/late afternoon.

Please don't bring a bbq - the Cooloolah Car Club has bbq food & drinks & snack food and they're cooking stuff til mid afternoon. They're running the day for us (officials, timekeeping, catering, ...) and it's only fitting that we support their club in return.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sat, 26 March 2005 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, didnt realise they had food going.. no worries then
and i will be sleeping in.. in soulfires back seat on the way there! haha
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 27 March 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in the 86 hopefully having a bit of legal tail out fun in the wet... gotta book soon
NVD-086
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 27 March 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there in my 86... but i prolly wont be competeing Embarassed i dont want to wreak the ozone layer with all my smoke from my 4ac Laughing
soulfire
Regular

May 2004

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 27 March 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NVD-086 wrote on Sun, 27 March 2005 15:59

I'll be there in my 86... but i prolly wont be competeing Embarassed i dont want to wreak the ozone layer with all my smoke from my 4ac Laughing

haha, dont worry, my 2s-c corona is entering! That's going to be a laugh and a half!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 27 March 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are competing or are thinking about DONT FORGET to contact jeff now!

not soon ... now!

Please dont wait til saturday nite to decide if you are entering your car.

We (TCC Qld & CCC) need to confirm numbers for the day. see the 1st & second post for details.

NVD086: i'm driving a nearly stock ma61 - it's not the cleanest smelling car either - don't worry too much about smoke, the big hitters on the day will have heaps of smog & smoke to add as well.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 28 March 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck....my mates huge 20th on the night before and shit i need to try and get a girl so yeah i'f i get up at 9am i'd be still be very very over limit!!!!

so sorry people i wish i could contribute and i think my gear box will thank the gods that i'm not going...lol!

Nezza Cool
resin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 29 March 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soulfire has convinced me to go, I'll be going up the night before and meeting you there in the morning with my thubaru.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Wed, 30 March 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
resin wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 22:15

Soulfire has convinced me to go, I'll be going up the night before and meeting you there in the morning with my thubaru.

who's this?
resin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Fri, 01 April 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess you'll see tomorrow Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Fri, 01 April 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
resin wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 20:15

wogga's boyfriend... err i mean room mate.. wait.. no i didnt... Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Fri, 01 April 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
resin wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 20:15

sunday don't you mean?
Laughing
resin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Fri, 01 April 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit, no wonder there wasn't anyone out there this morning Embarassed

who had me thinking it was saturday...
resin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sat, 02 April 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my wheelbearing has finally cried "enough" no skid panning for me tomorrow. I'll give it my all to make it next time, and I'm going to try for the dyno comp at arb next weekend.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 03 April 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you turned up - well bloody done - over 35 cars competing, some with multiple drivers Very Happy

sampel of pics to follow soon

if you missed the day - next motorkhana to be announced at forthcoming TCC Qld monthly meeting
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 03 April 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ride died...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 21:38

my ride died...

hey?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 11:54

Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 21:38

my ride died...

hey?

i was gettin a ride with wogga(soulfire) .. but he couldnt make it
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aah, I thought you were referring to your car as a ride like the Americans. I am glad that is not the case Smile
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 12:42

Aah, I thought you were referring to your car as a ride like the Americans. I am glad that is not the case Smile

nah, its still getting made interiorly pretty
NVD-086
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I came out for a while... no 86 Tho Embarassed The water pump said bye bye Evil or Very Mad so i had to take the vitara Embarassed but i didnt know any one so i left again Razz (nex one IM IN!!)

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 05:39]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 04 April 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we had a whole range of cars: TA with 2T, TA with rotary, RAs with 18Rx's, cressida, MR2, SA63, MA61, MA70, ST162, ST184, AExx's, soarer, KExx, Echo, camry, datto ute with ca18, FC rx7, skylines - one 6cyl, one with ultima v8, subaru ute & RX, swift, ...

NVD: it was a ball - should have hung around!

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 05 April 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, they dont bite.. just try to hump your leg a little... after a while its...... nice...... really....
resin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 05 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my old's went out there with their eureka. People went up to them and told them that they knew me and my donkey, but they had no idea who they were :/
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 05 April 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ... i saw your folks walking around - when the eureka started up i figured your old man was going to line to take it for spin on the concrete - he would have had a blast! Laughing
NVD-086
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Tue, 05 April 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ETA on pics?
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 23:07

we had a whole range of cars: TA with 2T, TA with rotary, RAs with 18Rx's, cressida, MR2, SA63, MA61, MA70, ST162, ST184, AExx's, soarer, KExx, Echo, camry, datto ute with ca18, FC rx7, skylines - one 6cyl, one with ultima v8, subaru ute & RX, swift, ...

NVD: it was a ball - should have hung around!

i can see the bit in bold Razz but thats just not good enough Razz

AE82 COROLLA SECA!

thanks for not mentioning me Razz Very Happy

unfortunately from what i've been able to get a hold of there were not that many pics taken of cars actually doing anything :/
although i have a heap of static shots of the cars that were there Smile

PM for details as i can possibly organise an ftp upload

chaos

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 09:53]

ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok after the VERY quick reply i've zipped and setup an ftp Smile

PM me for details

file size pics & vids Surprised : 138Mb
file size pics only Surprised : 64Mb

i've only got 25k/s UP so only 1 or 2 at a time
the ftp wont be up till late at night and will go as long as possible into the next day Smile

chaos
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ftp is up Smile i'll limit all other uploads for tnight so u gus can DL at full speed Smile

PM if u dont have the details.

or email cause PM notication via email not working

chaos@myspace.homeip.net
red 63
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey chaos are u going to bring the pics and video to the general meeting next tuesday (3rd may), if not can u bring me a copy.
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah np Smile i'll have your copy with me.

ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Sun, 24 April 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i notice alot of logins but no one is actually downloading??

its working isnt it??

theres no folders just the 2 files ?

146mb
66mb

???

chaos
NVD-086
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 25 April 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah its working Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 01:24]

ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD. Mon, 25 April 2005 01:27 Go to previous message
hehe

i've been playing games all morning so my router wouldnt let u get a connection Very Happy .. i just finished Very Happy lol

i'll leave it go .. might go eat breakfast now ..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Reminder - MOTORKHANA 29th MAY 2005
Next Topic:reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:17:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065398216247559 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.