Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2T won't start episode XXVIII

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
icon8.gif  2T won't start episode XXVIII Tue, 01 March 2005 09:14 Go to next message
my 2T is proving difficult to start again. if i put my hand over the carb throats, sealing them compeletly, it will usually start. if i remove one of the ignition leads it will start, ditto if i remove a spark plug. other than that, its an absolute pig of a bastard arsehole prick to start. it coughs, but just wont fire.

i tryed carby cleaner, valve cleaner etc. ignition timing has no effect, healthy compression (130psi on all 4 cyl.) and the motor runs fine once its started. plugs are a bit shitty (carbon) but are still giving a nice fat blue spark when i test them.

another thing ive noticed is that the accelerator pump only moves slowly and is only giving a very weak squirt, and its little rubber boot is wet with fuel.

help.
  Send a private message to this user    
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Wed, 02 March 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon, i need my car! im out of ideas and i dont want to pay some grease monkey to sus it unless i really have to... obvious suggestion is get a new/rebuild carbie.
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Wed, 02 March 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im no mechanic, but heres wat i think u should do so if u havent already.

Clean the points and check gap
Check for crack in dizzy, rotor button
New condensor perhaps
Not that those are the cause of the bad starting but may help.

check for vaccum leaks.

only other thing i can think of is either u have a crack in the porsalin in the spark plugs.

As i said i aint a mechanic, but just recently spent alot of time getting my 2t running half descent. If ud like to know wat i did pm me.

Is it an auotmatic choke?
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Wed, 02 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude. ive checked all of that though. im resigned to the fact that its a vacuum leak, but it must be a big one and im surprised i cant find it. would a vacuum guage help me? dont really know how to go about using one but could it highlight a leak?? anyone?
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Wed, 02 March 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont know about the vaccum gauge. But if its a big leak u should be able to hear a wisslem or hiss or somthing. The other thing i would try is the fuel mixture screw, just fiddle around with that
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Wed, 02 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeffro RA28 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 20:24

dont know about the vaccum gauge. But if its a big leak u should be able to hear a wisslem or hiss or somthing. The other thing i would try is the fuel mixture screw, just fiddle around with that

Don't touch the mixture...

Once the car has started it seems fine...

There is an air leak somewhere...

Most likely around joins... Somewhere around where the Carb meets the manifold I'd be looking... Around the gaskets etc...
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2T won't start episode XXVIII Thu, 03 March 2005 06:56 Go to previous message
hmmm, would having the vacuum advance hose disconnected but not blocked off create a big enough leak? when my battery charges up again i'll try it...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Turbo Died on Corolla Sportivo 2001
Next Topic:2tg swap to 2t?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 22:11:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048060417175293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.