Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 01:17 Go to next message
Anyone see the tree cannon one monday night, what a classic, 4 pounds of gun powder, makes it go boom.
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah top show one of the few shows only worth watching nowadays Cool
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent show i loved the one where they drop the dummy tied to a hammer into a river
in the end it had all its limbs broken off Laughing
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that show is awesome! funny as!
and the one about drinkn hahah thats great...
lol wats on this week?

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I loved the episode with the aircraft suction toilet. That ass they made out of that gelatine shit was classic...
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i do, these guys rock!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:39

STFU Rolling Eyes
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me too,
Mythbusters along with The Iron Chef are my DO NOT MISS shows.

I'm suprised no-one has mentioned the first show - where they debunked the myth of the jet-powered chevy.
Seeing that chevy hunker down and dissappear when they hit the rocket packs was one of the best moments in TV history.

And what I really love is that they are truly having fun with it too.

Best thing is that down in Melbourne - they replay the previous week's show in the afternoons, before the new one in the evening.

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we get it on both austar and the discovery channel.
so we get twice as many myths.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i posted about that in a mythbusters thread not actually about the show. The coke ones were interesting last week.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=518088&rid=4118&S=85a8c7743f1a575bbcb6 739b28f9975a

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 03:19]

Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:41

Simon wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:39

STFU Rolling Eyes

Go hang yourself MUTT. Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
classic was the penny gun when he gets him to shoot him in the ass. also microwaving cd's is always amusing, man that ballistics gel dummy was cut after all the exploding cd's
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:18

actually i posted about that in a mythbusters thread not actually about the show. The coke ones were interesting last week.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=518088&rid=4118&S=85a8c7743f1a575bbcb6 739b28f9975a

UH OH!

Corona RT142, you should have searched before making this thread. The topic has been covered many times in my rasberry cocktails.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the show has not actually been discussed as in who watched it, it was a thread about myths that brought up the show. This is a just a general consesus to see who watches the show.
hmmm does that mean that the next time you start a AE86 thread we can shoot you down because it has already been talked about. Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way slutty, the original thread was posted only after the first episode when not many ppl would have watched it, unless you want me digging up old threads another no no, how can I ask the question
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:35

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:18

UH OH!

Corona RT142, you should have searched before making this thread. The topic has been covered many times in my rasberry cocktails.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA BURN!!!!!! Slutty 2 Corona 0 Very Happy
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:56

hmmm does that mean that the next time you start a AE86 thread we can shoot you down because it has already been talked about.

If you want!! But:

I

still

WIN!
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 03 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gota love mythbusters...........worth watching ahy....
2 crazy mofos.........love there work.......lol
found my younger bro (12) trying to make his own tree cannon after last weeks episode......haha....... Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 30 March 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha fucken hahaha remote control cop car hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 30 March 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havnt watched it as yet but after every1 talking about it il have to have a look...

CHEERS

NOLAN
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 30 March 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Wed, 30 March 2005 23:26

hahaha fucken hahaha remote control cop car hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That'd be awesome, rig your car up to remote control & drive it from the back seat Laughing
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 30 March 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the explosive decompression plane thing was cool,
talking about explosive
adam: "so whats this designed for?"
bomb guy: "this is designed to take the side outta this here plane"

hahahahahahahahaha thats gold
Just Half Steppin
Regular

Banned Again

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 30 March 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The CD burner episode was damn good....

...being into computers it was good to understand more shit too
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only show i actually watch, apart from south park, simpsons, family guy and futurama.

foxtel rules, but they've finished the series, so SBS will do for now, i dont like the narrator guy on SBS, the foxtel fella sounds better.

best one is when they blew up the pigs stomach with the pop rockls and coke, not to mention the bullet-in-to-crotch firing fusebox Razz

Eldar.O.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHICKEN GUN!!!
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one on this week was pretty good Very Happy its about the only tv show i watch now a days
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did ne one get that pig one?
thats was totally wrong.... waste of a perfect car.

and the washing machine that ended up powered by the electric motor out of a electric car... haha lol was great.

they got a thing for laughing things
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard about but didn't see it
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ye, just wait for it to have a ep on drifitng Rolling Eyes
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep........that chicken gun was cool......most things they come up with are.......they have the best job I swear.....its definatly one show that I hate to miss............ Evil or Very Mad
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw that one! where they were propelling frozen and defrosted chickens through an ?aircraft? windscreen...?

As if they werent the dudes who were launching frozen chickens onto peoples rooves a while back Laughing
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 31 March 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody awesome show, these guys have the best job! It has to be the only show I actually watch on TV these days.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: mythbusters who watches it Fri, 01 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is an awesome show...shame I only get it on crusty sbs (no cable tv for me)

the first one I saw was where they got the 'dummy' to piss on a rail track to see if he'd get elctrocuted....was awesome..

man that chicken gun episode was THE BOMB...

I can't imagine how much fun that would be....I mean we built a trebuchet for the hell of it that would launch a pumkin 100m..but to fire a frozen chicken ..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Fri, 01 April 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you seen the one where the drove a taxi behind a jet engine to see what would happen that one was pretty cool the poor taxi Laughing
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: mythbusters who watches it Thu, 07 April 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we havent got that episode yet cant wait, you can read them on the net
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 11 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone see tonight's with the bridge & row boat?

What's the deal with the new tool doing the voice over?
Typical Yanks, I think popularity is getting to their heads.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 11 April 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 23:18

Anyone see tonight's with the bridge & row boat?

yeah i watched it, wasn't bad. Smile
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 11 April 2005 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had a debate with my aunt on what those 2 guys were. i said they were probably engineers and she said they were scientist. (pls tell me im right)

i said scientiest invent stuff and engineers bring their invention to life and vice versa ie myth busting Razz

one thing im pretty sure of, none of them are civil engineers. or else that bridge would have held up!!
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 11 April 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 05:46

one thing im pretty sure of, none of them are civil engineers. or else that bridge would have held up!!

either that or the guy couldnt weld for crap (judging by where the bridge failed anyway...). And their conclusion that the myth was 'busted' is also crap. I've done a similar experiment with my uni foot bridge with a couple of guys jumping up and down on it and the vibrations we got from it were downright scary!

The voice-over really sucks, sounds like they hired him straight off some american reality tv rubbish or something...

But the bit about the tooth brush was pretty funny! "there is p00 everywhere!" (one for rob_ra40 Laughing Laughing )
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: mythbusters who watches it Tue, 12 April 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Word that guys voice is just wrong, bring back the other guy. And I was also dissapointed in the bridge 'busted'. Definately not busted.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: mythbusters who watches it Tue, 12 April 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:04

Word that guys voice is just wrong, bring back the other guy. And I was also dissapointed in the bridge 'busted'. Definately not busted.

it was pretty busted when he started going psycho and then pulled it over. heh.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Tue, 12 April 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are special effects and prop producers for movies, probably with degrees in some kind of engineering, how good was the water skiing behind the row boat. Man that coach was a dick typical american.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 13 April 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 09:43

b1gb3n wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 05:46

either that or the guy couldnt weld for crap (judging by where the bridge failed anyway...). And their conclusion that the myth was 'busted' is also crap. I've done a similar experiment with my uni foot bridge with a couple of guys jumping up and down on it and the vibrations we got from it were downright scary!

They needed twice as many sectins, coz the 6 big sections were too rigid to let the bridge ripple and vibrate. The reason it fell down is that they didn't anchor the big tension cables propely. They kept on pulling loose from the ground and letting the bridge collapse towards the centre.

Myth neither busted OR proven.
Crying or Very Sad
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 13 April 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, being a civil engineer & having built a scale model of a suspension bridge as a compbined project with a group of architects for final year uni, they built it really crap.

Not enough panels to swing by, plus when you physically scale down things, the forces needed to destroy it don't necessarily scale down by the same percentage.

We learnt that when we loaded 25+ bricks onto the model (similar size to their's) & it still hadn't collapsed.

There's been numberous other myths I reckon they've "busted" but weren't (just can't rememberany off the top of my head at the moment)

What's the web address to look up for this?
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Wed, 13 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Founds the website.
While I think its a great show, I suppose its in my nature as a technical person to shoot holes in theories.

Mobile phone as the petrol station: theory that using a mobile will cause an explosion at a servo.
Problem is that they rang the phone, BUT they never made any of the buttons work on the phone to make an electrical contact (if you've ever pulled apart one of a calculator, or an old 80's style hand held game you'll know what I mean)
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 27 June 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going to dig up this old thread because I'd like to know if anyone in Sydney taped tonight's episode on SBS.

I was out & tried to tape it, but my reception of SBS is dubious at the best of times, but in the bad weather... Mad Razz

I just want to see what was on.

Cheers
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mythbusters who watches it Mon, 27 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous message
Got most of it taped, missed the first 5 minutes or so Razz Anyway this was tonights episode.

Quote:

Episode 23: Exploding House
Just how hard is it to find a needle in a haystack? Egos fly as the MythBusters get competitive creating the supreme needle-finding machine. Then, returning to their familiar territory of blowing stuff up in the name of science, Jamie and Adam arm themselves with roach foggers and an abandoned apartment building to find out if toxic fumes and bug bombs really are an explosive combination. Finally, the MythBuilders hit the roof to prove whether or not whispering sweet nothings to your plants is the secret to gardening success.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 June 2005 13:22]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Punk'd gets Punk'd
Next Topic:vic license speeding in Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:25:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099129676818848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.