Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » ACT: HELP! my poor AE82

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
icon9.gif  ACT: HELP! my poor AE82 Mon, 04 November 2002 03:48 Go to next message
Hi All,

My poor old AE82 Corolla hatch died on Friday. Blown head gasket between the 3rd and 4th cylinders. This is the second blown head and the 4A-C has been using heaps of oil lately, so I am going to replace the engine.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on it (so no fuel injection), but I would like to get some more power than the breathless 4AC can offer.

Any ideas?

I would like to get a 4A-FC, or another 4AC if I can't get the twin-cammer.

Any suggestions for the best place to get the swap done in Canberra? I have been quoted $1,950 for a 4AC fitted with gaskets, oils etc.. including a 3 year warranty. Any idea how much an FC would cost, or what their availability is like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: ACT: HELP! my poor AE82 Mon, 04 November 2002 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, get a 4A GE.....
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: ACT: HELP! my poor AE82 Mon, 04 November 2002 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I just can't justify spending the extra dollars on my old Corolla just to bring it up to 100kw, when I already have a 140kw sports car.

Matt
benz916
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: ACT: HELP! my poor AE82 Tue, 11 February 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try
www.twincam16.com
in the marketplace heaps of people doing engine conversion practically giving away engines,
4a-fe are pretty common, theyre injected but go way better than 4ac of fc, i saw one in their being given away!
only problem is they are mostly from bris or sydney.
Otherwise i am doing a conversion in my ae82 in the next few months (depending on costs)and you would be welcome to my 4ac for a small charge.(still goes pretty hard)

benz...
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: ACT: HELP! my poor AE82 Tue, 11 February 2003 02:20 Go to previous message
Thanks for that benz.

I've already done the swap unfortunately. I got a remanufactured AC installed for $2,200. The new engine is going pretty well - got a 3 year/unlimited km warranty too.

If I had planned it a bit better, then I might have done a FE or GE swap, but I just wanted to get it back on the road with a mimimum of fuss.

Thanks anyway. I will check out that site.

Matt
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Petrol prices in canberra
Next Topic:New Celica owner Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:44:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059909820556641 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.