Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 13:16 Go to next message
I think we had a bit of fun tonight,

The highlights for me were being led astray up a gravel road thanks to some poor interpretation of directions from Aaron (hehe) and having to do about an 80 point turn to get unstuck. Obviously seeing Corona in the ditch after he came to grief on Grasstree Hill came as a surprise, left his mark on that corner for a few days to come (pics below). Overall it was a good night and I'm fucking stuffed so I'm going to bed. Good one guys.

Here are the pictures:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise001.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise002.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise003.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise004.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise005.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise006.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise007.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise008.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise009.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise010.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the mishap, nice effort!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise011.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise012.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise013.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/the_rainbirds/cruises/cruise014.jpg
xt130corona
Occasional Poster

February 2005
    What?
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice photos, lucky someone had a camera. I was lucky to get away with no damage. Slowed down a bit after that as I did not want to crash twice. Was also having trouble with lights going out when braking, in the end was just a loose battery terminal. Nice cruise though.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad luck bro
I wish i could have come i would have loved to be there.
Good on you for bring the camera.

everybody crashes once or twice or even more !
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 00:16

The highlights for me were being led astray up a gravel road thanks to some poor interpretation of directions from Aaron (hehe) and having to do about an 80 point turn to get unstuck.
Embarassed Oops Smile
Didn't get any chips in the paintwork I hope?
Nice photos.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nar, she's all good!

I forgot to mention the 'blockie' route in Richmond that I invented, and being left behind on every run! No worries guys, I'll amuse myself... Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 01:02]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The blockie run in richmond
Did u go along percy street ???
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know... Realistically, I was just lost...
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Thu, 03 March 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL !!!
We drove all the way out to richmond to do a lap of percy st once.
I don't know what possesed us to do it but we did it anyway.
i wsih i could have come
but i didn't want to rock up in a ford festiva.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Fri, 04 March 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAH it was awesome!! i had heaps of fun. i loved the trip over grass tree. I also got onto a massive drift near the front of the Uni i think i surprised a few people tho.!!

Everyone had really good cars and i really liekd them all,

Rainey, yer celica is bloody straight, but i would like to see a few mods under the bonnet

Aaron, LOVE the GT4 i loved how the rear wheels have the body flaring over the back wheels, i'm all for Flares!!

Asher: We where pretty close on that drag if i didn't miss 2nd!! i hit redline @ 6000rpm, i also thought it was great how u see the car in the ditch and u 2 are laughign about it... very reassuring that u 2 weren't injured.

Everyoen else involved it was really good to see an alright turn up for our first tasmanian meet, if we could get some launie people and more Hoabrt people we could have a pretty decent turn out!!

WOOT i got 2 pics!! pity its onyl a 5ME Sad Embarassed i want to meet up again very soon and take more pics...
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Fri, 04 March 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL look at the pic of the supra with the bonnet down, it looks slightly dosile!!

DRIFT STYLE!!!!!
celica_cam
Regular

January 2005
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Fri, 04 March 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam i should have come, i live in richmond, would have been a nice change to cruise grasstree hill with people who will drive over 60 fucking kays!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Sat, 05 March 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celica cam do u have an MA61 ??
celica_cam
Regular

January 2005
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Sun, 06 March 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wish! i got an sa63 liftback, hopefully getting one soon. Has anyone seen the ma61 for sale in the trading post for $4000 in devonport?
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Sun, 06 March 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MA61 in devonport, if its the same white one i looked at a while back, I wouldn't buy it... Well i didn't. Anyways... its white, sunroof (with missing plastic thingy), foot ball dents, rust around the petrol cap and in the normal places too. Also has slight damage to the front bar on the lip. Worn front seats, dirty interior, 5M-E, 300,000+ km's but reconditioned 20,000km's ago i think. I think i'll stop.

Looks like you guys had a great cruise, ill love to be there next time! Keep the rides looking great (and out of those ditches!!) Laughing
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Sun, 06 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i got my fog lamps working today!!! simple change of a fuse! now hte dash ligths are fucked!!! ANYWAY shall b fixed by tomorrow... hey sam did u know my mum is going to let me store the MA61 and the 7M at her place!!! i hear a convertion coming soon, plus i am going to put new BLACK carpet in it!!!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, thats great news. Just as long as you have the money, you dont want to start the conversion without enough cash and have to have it sitting their for ages!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don;'t mind just buying the engine and storing it in the garage cause then it gives me time to fix her up, even rebuild it! but i don't want to start the conversion without the surficent funds.... wat is going on with your supra sam ? have u started the convertion or why is it off the road for ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could put in a MHG and studs while it's sitting at ur mums house.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ey ?? i have gotten to uni early today and i don't understand wtf u have just written ??? does not compute ERROR ERROR.. sorry if u don't already know i am doign a bachelor of computing which is programming and nerdy stuff!! Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey when i turn my computer on the screen goes right to standby ?
I've bought a new motherboard do u know how to put the cpu in ????
what i said was
while the motor is sitting there waiting to be put into your car chuck in a metal head gasket and some new aftermarket studs.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends on the condition of the exisiting head gasket.. if there isn't a problem with it then y waste $XX to buy a new one! mine u for running more boost i spose a stronger gasket would b required!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Mon, 07 March 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aparently it's only a matter of time before it goes to why wait to be pushed when you can jump ?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it all on wat i get i reckon i will either get an MA70 or a JZZ30 (1JZ) half cut depending on teh price... if i can pick up a JZZ30 for less than $3500-$4000 then that would be a good option... jsut means i need a bank loan!! other wise if i can pick up an MA70 half cut for $1500 - $2000 then that is another option and i don't require as much money plus the convertion will be half price, and the $3000-$4000 extra it will cost for the 1JZ convertion i could put towards a new turbo etc etc so its all a big puzzle really.. i am thinking i might opt for the MA70 cut tho as i want to get a new motor in and a 7M is an easy option and will not take as much time or effort, the down side is the power won't be as high... but stil it will be plenty of power anyway!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will be more than enough power trust me.
Talk to celicaboy_2000 on here
he has either a ma70 or a ma61 i can't remember it could even be a ma71
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if u and everyone is raving about the power of your car.. then the 7M shall be a very worthy option.. hmm i really want to know how a 1JZ would go compared to a 7M ovbiously heaps better but is it really worth the extra few $$$ thousand cause i could acheive more pwoer from a 7M with the same money i think the 7M is hte better, faster, cheaper option
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if u and everyone is raving about the power of your car.. then the 7M shall be a very worthy option.. hmm i really want to know how a 1JZ would go compared to a 7M ovbiously heaps better but is it really worth the extra few $$$ thousand cause i could acheive more pwoer from a 7M with the same money i think the 7M is hte better, faster, cheaper option
xt130corona
Occasional Poster

February 2005
    What?
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 7M-GTE is a much easier option, if you have not done this sort of swap before deffinately start out small or it may just end up becoming a project that never gets finished due to time or financial reasons. 7M-GTE is a good motor any way. Would be putting motor in as is and check to see if engine is O.K. before you pull it apart. If you pull it apart replace head gasket and there is another problem with motor they may not give warranty due to motor being opened up. Also if there is another problem and engine needs to go back you will need to remove parts you just put in motor or waist the money you just spent on them. If the head gasket is blown suppliers of engine may even help cover cost of aftermarket parts required to rectify problem.
However Mookie is deffinately onto something with his advice as head gaskets tend to be the problem with reliability in these motors. Whilst I had the head off I would also replace the valve guide seals as they tend to go hard in a short amount of time in these motors.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: CRUISE BREAKDOWN Tue, 08 March 2005 11:40 Go to previous message
well asher u have 100% more knowledge than me... its really good i have u on my side!! hope u have some spare time up your sleave as i am keen to learn!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Driving Friday night..
Next Topic:Tasmanian Nationals March 19-20
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:27:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067110061645508 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.