Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » News from the south :)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
News from the south :) Mon, 04 November 2002 08:30 Go to next message
Heys qlders - just letting you all know whats been happening :

Alls well down here - jobs going great , weather could be better but its victoria - we like our variety ( 4 seasons in a day )

on car notes - i buy my Supra mags this weekend - MMMMM mark 2 14x6.5s - polished ! * SHIIINNNEEY!!! *

cam work is yet to happen though i have good news that it will still go on after lengthy delays with said racing engineer - he has said he will do it - the whole lot - insytall , regraph and weber tune Smile Hes a VERY good spanner turner - has built everything from v8 supercars down to alfas that compete in classic car rallys - so im onto a winner Smile that toymods record looks within sight Smile

pullong in a few favours down here lately - hoping to have the bodywork and paint sorted before the toyo nats in dubbo - so not only will it go hard - it will look the part too Smile

Otherwise besides that - alls good - ! looking forward to seeing those who come along with the brissie celica club to dubbo again !!

be well !
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: News from the south :) Sat, 09 November 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak good to hear thing's are going good down there...

my lil sister moved down to vic a few months ago, she say's the weather is a bit different, copmared to up here...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: News from the south :) Sat, 22 February 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updating the post !

well - as of next weekend - i may no longer be the owner of a ta22 , but the new owner of a 1990 Gt4 ..

Ive had a good offer on the old girl - and it hopefully is going to a good home in canberra - so keep an eye out for iut in future toymods or toyota events !

In the meantime - the jobs going well - my monster dog is living up to her name - Shes now 35 kg and 5 months old ! St bernards grow BIG - and theres no way she'd have fitted into the ta22 anyway Smile

NOW - im off to learn about the goodness of turbos and intercoolers and all things all wheel drive !

least its still a celica ! so thats a start - i just wonder if i can make this one as half as beastly as the old 22 Wink

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: News from the south :) Sun, 23 February 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol my 22re ra65 wiped the floor with that ta22 buzzbox nobody could keep up that day, then again that was the day i destroyed it, at least i had fun

too bad the 22 is going would have been good to see if you could ever get the cam in a show us the figures and claim tina trys old title ?!...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: News from the south :) Sun, 23 February 2003 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its still getting finished motor wise - just it no longer is going to be my project .. person from this forum in canberra looks to be the likely suiter - and he's keen to finsih it as i had planned to .. If he doesnt buy it - Ill stil finish it - So - it still will haunt you yet
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: News from the south :) Sun, 23 February 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, anytime stu, i might even be a match against a gt4 celica just need to get a custom fibreglass bonnet made up to fit the custom plenum (if i dont sell it) and the blower hanging off the top...this is the ta22 by the way
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: News from the south :) Sun, 23 February 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
power wise - id say the ta22 eith the 1u would flog the pants out of a gt4 in a straight line - but the 3tgte would be pretty even - seeing the gt4 is a weighty pig

Got to sell the red one first - then see about a few parts being made for the gt4 if it happens

Thinking to4b or e turbo upgrade - jza80 FM intercooler - a nice chip and supra twin turbo fuel pump + injectors at this stage .. Should make it nice to run in - seeing the exhaust and boost controllers already in it

it wont be the fastest on the planet but it will sure be a nice cruiser with boot ands scare a few rexes at the same time
anyway the gt4's a lot more practical in the end - im runnig out of space for the dog quickly in the ta22 and i dont want to suffer the fate of a panelvan or falcadore wagon - just yet
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: News from the south :) Sun, 23 February 2003 08:06 Go to previous message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 23 February 2003 17:46

i dont want to suffer the fate of a panelvan or falcadore wagon - just yet

LOL

i dont mind the old sandman vans but for me to drive one it would have to have at least a 327 chev inside

the 1uz is in but no gearbox so its not really in yet but it looks like it should stay where it is and i wont have to move it again

the other ta22 is the 2tg/3tg supercharged beast, we will see how it runs straight up and then possible self made custom plenum to accomadate 8 staged injectors so i can run 4 of them on methanol...looking for figures in the 400+ hp bracket

ill get some pics up soon !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno Issues
Next Topic:Anyone around Gold Coast?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:18:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056009292602539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.