Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian get a shim kit for your calipers from toyota
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh? I just re-used the old ones that were there. I've been doing that for all my pad changes thus far and have experienced no problems as yet.

Maybe its time I started not to recycle stuff and actually get new ones.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:16

Yian get a shim kit for your calipers from toyota

Ah ha. Will try to ask them tmorow and get reamed for it heh.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thay can lose there spring over time give it a try, i have greenstuff in my ma70 and no issues besides my eye balls hiting the windscreen under brakes Shocked
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah I have no issues with the braking. These pads are awesome. Its just the hardcore squealing that puts me off. I will get a set from Toyota and see how I go. What you doing tmorow Allan? Reckon I can pop over for a couple of mins and check out the engine? And maybe borrow that hose?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had greenstuff in my MA61 calipers and now in my R33 calipers also. Never had a problem with squealing, but plenty of problems with dust. Mad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<points norbie at racebrakes>
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:22

Oh yeah I have no issues with the braking. These pads are awesome. Its just the hardcore squealing that puts me off. I will get a set from Toyota and see how I go. What you doing tmorow Allan? Reckon I can pop over for a couple of mins and check out the engine? And maybe borrow that hose?

There are no shims that go on the pads as I could see (mine doesn't have it either)... I got a funny feeling one of the side clips that holds the pads on might be slighly contacting the rotor. Peel off the wheel again and have a look to see if there is no metal bracket holding the pad contacting the rotor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/55fb9a9b.jpg

Cheers.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont forget the long thin ones in the middle of the pic, but yeah dude ock up after 12 and ill have that hose off
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian has those Allan, just not those that sit on the outsider side of the pads (opposite to the piston).

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I do have those skinny things in the middle of the pic, but from memory they looked different to those. Confused
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went for a drive in my mates GA63 last night... running 10psi.. all i can say is FUCK!! it was really bloody quick 3rd gear we are doing close to 150
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I had enough road I could probably get upto 150 in 3rd.

I can get upto 100kph in 2nd pretty quickly though...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing 150 in 3rd has nothing to do with how fast a car is... you're talking gearing, which is all about your diff, gbox, and how high your engine can rev.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the point i am trying to make is... we reached 150 in 3rd in a really short amount of time.. and it has a R154 to let u know wat g;box it has... me and the bloke took it along one stage (Domain Stage) of the targa track late at night and by fuck i now know why they use that part of the road... cause u can get soem serious speeds along there !!! sorry if i ever doubted a 1GGTE.. cause 1G @ 10psi + SA63 = Shocked
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R154's don't bolt to 1G's dude.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dellows might do a bellhousing?
but why would ya when the w58 was made for it and is more than capable of handling a 1g (and a 1jz for that matter)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 09:52

dellows might do a bellhousing?

Its not listed.
And I'd be very surprised if they did make one.

Its just the usual case of TRD_Supra spitting shit.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not my car but the guy reckons it is a R154... i wouldn't know its just wat he told me... probably is a W58 tho sorry if i offended anyone from my lack of knowledge
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No one was offended, but try and find out what gearbox it is.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i know that a 7M would have the W58 but i don't know much about 1G's so when he said that an r154 would go on i assumed it would.. i reckon it would be the W58 due to GA/MA70's but i also assumed a R154 due to JZA70.. or is the JZA70 still W58 ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7mgte and 1jzgte were the only motors released with R154.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well there u go i spose its a W58 then!! still its bloody quick no doubt
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.abbeysound.com.au/jnicol/tokyo-3.jpg
http://www.abbeysound.com.au/jnicol/tokyo-4.jpg
http://www.abbeysound.com.au/jnicol/tokyo-5.jpg

nuff said,
you figure it out Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most hideous interior & wheels... EVER

and the GT-style lights dont suit the supra shape.
fugly
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT style lights?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of these days I'm gonna put up a web site up with the 400+ rare XX/Supra pics I've trawled off the Net (many from Japanese sites). As well as some very cool and rarely seen bodykits, wheels, ads, racing pics, etc .... there are some real doozies for the Sins Against the Supra Award Crying or Very Sad .

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 08:33]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SV-2 ala celica xx prototype if i'm not mistaken??

note the extra buttons on the steering wheel Smile
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for showing those photos. They make my back shiver from shame... With those Gemmi look wheels, I'm glad it never made it to production...

Cheers.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
am I allowed to post here??

anyway, man that is the craziest and could you imagine touching the gear knob! urgh
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 11 March 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*shudders*

I don't even wanna think about what it would feel like you're touching.... Confused
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 12 March 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it iwll b interesting to see wat a 7MGTE goes like in an MA61... cause my mates GA63 (1ggte) was fucking blinding fast, nothign could beat us
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 12 March 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, your mate's car might be fast, but its definitely not the fastest thing on the road. Not by far. Wait till he comes against some serious competition (i.e. not lancers, hyundais or commodores) and we'll see how he does.

Oh... and traffic light grand prix is bad.... k? Surprised
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 12 March 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give him a few weeks of competition. it only took me a couple of weeks to encounter my first challenge (ducatti 996), then there was an rs4... any gtr with decent work done to it... the list goes on.
yellow ma61
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 13 April 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO THE MA61"S

THEY ARE A CHAMPION CAR
THEY NEED A LIL MORE RESPECT
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like how the engine bay of my car, with the 1J, looks neater than my mate's old JZA70. Mine looks more factory Very Happy Can't wait for it to be back on the road, c'mooon gearbox.

Oh, anyone expiriance water leaking into the car from somewhere, and making it to the spare wheel bay? Cause mine's starting to rust, which has freaked me out a bit, I don't want rust.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you may have a leak Rolling Eyes

Seriously though pull off the tailgate cover where the light is and look to see if there is water marks, sounds like your tail gate is going through stage 1 of rust, my SA63 has a nice hole as big as a 10c piece on both sides of the lower rear window Sad so the boot always fills up with water...

Cheers.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I discovered a leak in mine today while driving to work, just right above my right leg, a dripping was developing from the top of the windscreen :S

I'd like to find someone whos hatch hasnt started the 'stages' of hatch rust. I've noticed mine puddles water around the lower strip of the rear window.

Afaik, its all just rubber seals
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 15:27

I'd like to find someone whos hatch hasnt started the 'stages' of hatch rust. I've noticed mine puddles water around the lower strip of the rear window...

You have seen one Smile
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, my front windscreen leaks aswell down the RH side. The right rear quater window also leaks and the Hatch glass leaks in the lower corners too! Got a quote to get it fixed and it wasnt pretty. She's just going to be a dry weather car i think

If you get the correct seals and get it done properly by someone who knows what there doing, it shouldn't leak at all. And gone are the days of rusty hacth! (fingers crossed)

Oh also the seals around my rear lights leaks aswell, which made a really nice swimming pool in my spare tyre well once.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 15:27

I'd like to find someone whos hatch hasnt started the 'stages' of hatch rust. I've noticed mine puddles water around the lower strip of the rear window.

Afaik, its all just rubber seals

I have a rust free tailgate.

And no, its a dry seal, it really needs to be pulled out and redone as a wet seal.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 14 April 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 15:52

And no, its a dry seal, it really needs to be pulled out and redone as a wet seal.

I highly recommend this and repairing the rust while it's out. Not the most difficult of things, but you really need to take your time. Otherwise people, especially massif people, break the seal.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay. A splash guard for $4.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/IMG_0620.jpg

Add a good splash guard to a garden cutter and some zip ties and you get this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/IMG_0621.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/IMG_0622.jpg

Cleared the 'cooler piping fairly well and its not flapping around. All that for $4. Cool
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I just say that I have driven the GA63 that TRD_Supra is referring to, and I back him up when I say it is the fastest car I've been in. If you plant your foot, the turbo's kick in so hard that the back end can get untidy, expecially on gravel (well no shit). 100km/s in second gear, feels like a quick few seconds to get there and its frighteningly fast.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi! You cut it up Confused You should have cut mine up Sad and I get your good one...

Oh Well, great to see it is fine it fits...

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 13:19

Can I just say that I have driven the GA63 that TRD_Supra is referring to, and I back him up when I say it is the fastest car I've been in. If you plant your foot, the turbo's kick in so hard that the back end can get untidy, expecially on gravel (well no shit). 100km/s in second gear, feels like a quick few seconds to get there and its frighteningly fast.

We've said this before. There are faster cars out there with accelerations that feel... well.. spiritual. My mates skyline (well doesn't own it anymore) was one of them. Definitely shits all over my car, as much as I hate to say that.

Oh... and 100km/s is pretty darned fast Razz Thats faster than the Starship Enterprise on Warp 10.

Yeah Tim. I didn't have to cut much at all, just one corner to accomodate with the cooler piping.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 14:58

Rainey wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 13:19

...If you plant your foot, the turbo's kick in so hard that the back end can get untidy, expecially on gravel (well no shit). 100km/s in second gear, feels like a quick few seconds to get there and its frighteningly fast.
Oh... and 100km/s is pretty darned fast Razz Thats faster than the Starship Enterprise on Warp 10...

If I did my maths right, (100,000 ms^-1) 100km/s x 60sec x 60min then would equal 36,0000 kilometers per hour Shocked which is slower then the speed of light! Razz

The Speed of Light - http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/guidry/violence/lightsp eed.html

...light always travels at a speed of 299,792,458 meters per second, no matter how its speed is measured.

* Anyone correct me if I am wrong...

Cheers...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe figure of speech Tim. You perfectionist Razz
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 11 May 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 00:36

hehe figure of speech Tim. You perfectionist Razz

I'm afraid I couldn't help myself Razz

Has anyone had the experience of removing the front windscreen without it shattering before?

Cheers.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doc Brown's flying, time-travelling Delorean is faster than the Starship Enterprise at warp 10 Razz
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wellsir, my car's at JT Autogas being sorted out, gearbox being installed, being serviced, checking out my rear left suspension. Should be good to go pretty shortly, then i'll take some photos to show everyone Very Happy
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha, I haven't laughed that hard for a while! Took me a second to realise what I'd done smartasses! Laughing

100km/h... Happy now?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 13:11

Hahaha, I haven't laughed that hard for a while! Took me a second to realise what I'd done smartasses! Laughing

100km/h... Happy now?

LOL sorry I couldn't help myself. Razz

Quote:

Wellsir, my car's at JT Autogas being sorted out, gearbox being installed, being serviced, checking out my rear left suspension. Should be good to go pretty shortly, then i'll take some photos to show everyone Very Happy

Yummy. Can't wait Evil or Very Mad
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my buffy back today, since the first head retorque. allowed to give it a little bit of boost now Smile

soooo much better now its not running on 5 cylinders, planting the foot in 1st gear is a waste of time, it just spins allll through it Evil or Very Mad

i love my buffy Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 19:34

i got my buffy back today, since the first head retorque. allowed to give it a little bit of boost now Smile

soooo much better now its not running on 5 cylinders, planting the foot in 1st gear is a waste of time, it just spins allll through it Evil or Very Mad

i love my buffy Smile

did you get ARP studs?
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheel spins all through it Smile oh man i can't wait til i put my 7m in then!!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 12 May 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your wheels are spinning all through first, it's time to get some real tyres.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 13 May 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the guy that put it back together just used aftermarket bolts of his own recommendation. he's built a 700hp 7mgte before so i trusted his judgement... plus its a lifetime warranty, so if it blows again... i dunno

tried it again last night and it only spins all through first on some roads Laughing otherwise it just spins a bit near 5000rpm...

the tyres are 245s, and i think are shitty, not sure...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 13 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 17:44

its a lifetime warranty

i hope you got that in writing!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 13 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Allan wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 16:17

Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 17:44

its a lifetime warranty

i hope you got that in writing!

Yes, lifetime of the headgasket.
When it blows, its lifetime is over Rolling Eyes
Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's Grp A Toyota pics...
Next Topic:Electric car thrashes Ferrari and Porsche
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:44:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010509967803955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.