Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 01 June 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbs,

Whilst I have been removing the MS123 trailing arms to give the stubs a better home, I have been saving their camber pins, as they may be useful for the mods to the MA61 X-member.

I'll see what I can do to see if they fit.

Do you have/can get any details on what the specs need to be ? i.e. bore/OD of bolt or sleeve, distance between washers ?

Cheers

Michael B
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 01 June 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um... Interesting. I got a spare F Series rear end for my MA61 sitting at a mates house waiting to be picked up... I was thinking of doing the camber adjustment at the back as my A509s are getting a bit sad on the inside tread of the rear tyres... Problem is though, I haven't got a stable enough hand nor have the adequate tools to do it *drawings may also help here as well*

Also out of curiosity, by cutting into the outer mounting points of the swing arm holder (the subframe), is it strong enough if you try and make the hole bigger to support the weight of the rear end of the car or does it need to be cut out and have the cut out part rewelded back to the subframe?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 01 June 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New brackets are required. Paul Pyyvaara has pics of how his was done:

http://www.onthenet.com.au/~paulp/supra/
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was considering getting king standards... the rear camber is killing my tyres off fast. In fact, I think they are nearly bald on the inside now!

I would kinda like to keep the ride height around where it is now (possibly a little higher) but with correct rear camber. The mods that Paul had done would be perfect, but as stated above, there must be more to it then just welding on new brackets.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kings standards are a bit soft imho, but the neg camber is much better.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 09:11

I was considering getting king standards... the rear camber is killing my tyres off fast. In fact, I think they are nearly bald on the inside now!

The RA60 was doing this on the front because of the way I was driving. I spent $25 before it got too bad, had the slightly unevenly worn ones swapped over to the opposite rims, and then swapped to the opposite end of the car. Made them last that much longer, wish I'd done it even sooner.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 12:04

Kings standards are a bit soft imho, but the neg camber is much better.

Hey Viper,

I'll sell you my King Springs Standard Rear and I'll go and get Custom Springs as I am not happy with the height of my MA61 and try and get the rear back to "standard height"...

Cheers.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim - I have Kings standards in the rear of my MA61 already, why would I want yours also??? Confused
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh.. just give them to me. I'll give them a good home Laughing Surprised
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 02 June 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do kings standard springs only come in 1 spring rate??
i like those wheels on the silver car a few pages before.
Spence
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 10 June 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the good news is ive found a set of yoko a509s. yay.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 16:48

the good news is ive found a set of yoko a509s. yay.

And how much? Hope it's not more then AUD$150 each Confused

Cheers.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 10 June 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry jus tto break the topic a bit, but i am running 12 psi through teh 7M and far out its unreal
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 11 June 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's not raining too much today i'll go and try to tune the boost map for 15psi Smile Been too wet lately to bother, especially with my cars rear tyres.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 11 June 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a quick question for those running 7m's is the 5m fuel pump good enough to run high boost like 15psi and higher without starving the engine at high revs?? just want clarification whether or not to look for an aftermarket one.
Spence
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 11 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything more than stock 7M boost and I would upgrade the pump.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 11 June 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence wrote on Sat, 11 June 2005 13:00

just a quick question for those running 7m's is the 5m fuel pump good enough to run high boost like 15psi and higher without starving the engine at high revs?? just want clarification whether or not to look for an aftermarket one.
Spence

I'm on 9-10psi depending on what the ambient temperature is. Put in the 7mgte fuel pump when I did the conversion *just in case huh?*..
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry i meant the 5m oil pump.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 11:16

sorry i meant the 5m oil pump.

Oh .. I'm using the 5m oil pick-up. Haven't see any adverse effects...
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k thanks, i'll use the 5m pickup unless something happens to it. yian and anyone who did the conversion, how long did you guys spend on the conversion? cause i wanna get the car back on the road as quick as i can. realistically how long do you guys reckon it'll take? i'm hoping to have it running and drivable in a few weeks
Spence
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Originally planned for around a 2-3 week(ends) conversion, but ended up taking a good side of 2 months.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 months?? bloody hell what took so long? i don't want my car offroad for that long.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took the engine apart (apart from bottom end) replaced all the seals we could with backyard tools, waiting for parts to arrive (clutch, ignitor that was missing), doing the wiring...

Plus I was studying full time and working a fair bit too at the time.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah cool not going to pull the engine apart, going to get a service and tune then it goes straight in. thanks yian
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goodo. GOod luck on your conversion eh? Get a clutch made up for the 7mgte flywheel to suit a w58 gearbox. Hope wiring wont be a bitch; I've seen some Jap imports come in with absolutely shit-house wiring everywhere in the engine bay... thats gotta make your life hell.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no need for the fly wheel as i'm going to install the r154. just found a write up on installing it but none of the pics work for me. Sad

ANYONE WITH THE PICS FROM 'DAVES7MGTE My R154 writeup with pics' FROM CELICASUPRA.COM???

i'm a bit scared of the wiring its going to take ages to clean it up but i want it running first.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paying $144 for the a509s.

i'm not changing my boost until i get my headgasket warranty and so on sorted. once that is sorted out though i will go up to 10psi....

got a good idea for the paintwork on red supra. i will post photoshops when i do them.

ryley
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spence wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 14:07

no need for the fly wheel as i'm going to install the r154.

Ooh. I was gunna say. I just noticed your 476ps power rating. Didn't think the w58 would last too long behind that kinda power. Don't think the stock diff would like it much either. It's gunna be fun dude Smile

Now all you're gunna have to do is buy some shares in a tyre company heh heh
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i can't wait, down the track i'll get a trutrac centre or something but for a while i'll only run stock boost til i get used to it so i don't break anything. i need to upgrade suspension and brakes before i pile on the boost.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 14:10

got a good idea for the paintwork on red supra. i will post photoshops when i do them.

Care to share the idea...?

Quote:

i need to upgrade suspension and brakes before i pile on the boost.

Get the 4 pots happening from peewee (Cruzida). That should stop your car nice and quick
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the plan but we'll have to wait til my monetary funds are back up again
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 14:23

Evil_Foetus wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 14:10

Care to share the idea...?

pulled up next to a deep red SLR 5000 torana, gave me an idea..... black striping, perhaps simliar to glens car? who knows... Evil or Very Mad
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey... 2 tone red and black. That actually sounds.. pretty good Surprised Get a photochop happening though...
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 12 June 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me and yian were talking about MA61 paint and i think they only good in mostly dark colours... black, shogun grey/ gun metal grey... white and silver look good aswell, and both my MA61 are white and silver Laughing
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 15 June 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only really noticed it the other day... but does anyone else get that weird "click-click" noise that comes from somewhere around the steering column?? i can't work out wat it is, but my supras do it!!
brann
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 15 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 11:36

i only really noticed it the other day... but does anyone else get that weird "click-click" noise that comes from somewhere around the steering column?? i can't work out wat it is, but my supras do it!!

It's the climate control ... The colder it is compared to the temperature setting on the slider the faster the clicking.

Cheers,
Adam.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 15 June 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In Wheels May 2005 issue, they did a tyre test, and out of 500 points, the following 235/45x17 tyres scored the following results (RRP in brackets) ;

#1 - Goodyear Revspec RS-02 - 496.0 ($298ea)
#2 - Michelin Pilot Preceda - 494.7 ($290 ea)
#3 - Maxxis Victra MA-Z1 - 493.5 ($198)
#4 - Bridgestone Potenza S-03 - 492.8 ($355)
#5 - Toyo Proxes T1R - 487.8 ($312)
#6 - Yoko AVS Sport V-102A - 484.4 ($359)
#7 - BFG G-Force Sport - 479.5 ($201)
#8 - Dunlop Direzza DZ 101 - 474.3 ($288)
#9 - Kuhmo Ecsta KU19 - 471.5 ($235)

Just some info for those in the market for some decent 17" tyres .......

Cheers

Michael B
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 15 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u stop that clicking at all, wat if u have the fan off ? so the CC isn't on ? or have the fan set to lo ??
Also wat are peoples fuel consumption like ?? i am just interested thats all.. for my 7M i get about 350/400k per tank of premo
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 15 June 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get about 400-450 kms a tank if I'm being gentle, around 300 with a bit of flogging.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
500kms to a full tank with the 5mge. Mixed floggin and cruising.

Has anyone tried putting different speakers in the rear stock locations? I bought some Kicker ES68's yesterday and they are so close to fitting but they are tiny bit too big, going to have to get a drawing board and get back to it me thinks.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is a tiny bit big, i got aftermarkets in my rear corners, can u trim them, assuming they are only a few mm to big Confused

btw when u get about 400ks to a tank is that like scratching the bottom of the tank or with a few bars left on the gauge... i got about 300ks yesturday with 4 bars left! so i am assuming i am geting about 15L/100k ? does that sound right ?
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 12:31

Has anyone tried putting different speakers in the rear stock locations? I bought some Kicker ES68's yesterday and they are so close to fitting but they are tiny bit too big, going to have to get a drawing board and get back to it me thinks.

I'd like to know aswell, I want to get some somewhat decent speakers to fit the stock holes. Don't want a giant fooly doof doof sik system, just something I can listen to.

So yeah, what are some decent speakers on the market?
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those speakers I bought only cost me $90. They probably will fit, but ill have to modify the brackets and cut the edges around the speakers a fair bit..

They sound rather nice, better than the stock ones, and better than a pair of 4" JBLs I tried. But not enough bass for me, I need a sub.

Cheers
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
given that the front and the rear speakers are quite small an aftermarket sound system wont be that good. i'm half way putting in a sound system and i'm going to get proper pods made cause the speakers are just too small. if you do that for the front then there isn't really much need for rear speakers. as for a sub i've made a simple box for a 10" sub so if anyone wants dimensions i can give them out.
Spence
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Has anyone tried putting different speakers in the rear stock locations?

Its do able...because I have fitted 5x7 in the factory hole Very Happy There is a bit of fabrication done to make new brackets.

Cheers
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 19:31

Its do able...because I have fitted 5x7 in the factory hole Very Happy There is a bit of fabrication done to make new brackets.

Cheers

picsorban

oh tim, you're so reliable with pics. i love you. Heart
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 22:35

Cheers

picsorban

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/Speaker1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/Mounts.jpg
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well fuck me, that was quick...

was it hard mate? im thinking of doing the same thing. however, in buffy i've had holes cut in the plastic for 6x9s...

but the white one will most likely be getting that treatment Very Happy

have you got any specs or anything i need to know? a step by step even? Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 00:34

well fuck me, that was quick...

was it hard mate? im thinking of doing the same thing. however, in buffy i've had holes cut in the plastic for 6x9s...

but the white one will most likely be getting that treatment Very Happy

have you got any specs or anything i need to know? a step by step even? Very Happy

Well my brother made the brackets because one side took 6 hours and the other 3 hours made (coz he figured a quicker way to make the other side).

If you want... Drive over to my place since you have a "licence" and you can see them for yourself...

PS. My MA61 is DEAD (again Razz )

Cheers.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 00:34

...have you got any specs or anything i need to know? a step by step even? Very Happy

If you want... Ask my brother Laughing to instruct you how to do it as at the time my brother did it... I was fast asleep (nightshift) and he had nothing else to do but mess around try and get those (semi) expensive speakers in the car as they are no good sitting in the box Wink

Cheers.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

500kms to a full tank with the 5mge. Mixed floggin and cruising.

I get 200Kms with slow city driving... But then again it's the 5M-E now it's dead again Laughing
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's some nasty mileage, right there.
I normally hit around 400-450/tank on my 7M with mixed driving. If I baby it down the freeway I can top 850kms/tank without breaking a sweat, however I can also get it under 300 kms/tank if I stand on the loud pedal.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 16 June 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 01:17

That's some nasty mileage, right there.
I normally hit around 400-450/tank on my 7M with mixed driving. If I baby it down the freeway I can top 850kms/tank without breaking a sweat, however I can also get it under 300 kms/tank if I stand on the loud pedal.

Whoah.... no typo here? Just normal freeway driving I got in the region of 600kms/tank... but 850?? Dammmnnnn

Others seem right. 400-450 mixed and definitely under 300 if I get a foot cramp.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks a heap tim. ive got like 1 day of studying and shit to go, so im free for a good month soon, ill bring buffy down to melb very soon. maybe we should have another meet soon? like the greenvale one? or is there a meet soon, that i haven't checked...

what happened to your car mate?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The usual problems that you would get with an old engine Wink

Cheers.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dead alternator I think.

Joorsh, is there any chance you would part with the dimensions of that airbox you had made up? Razz Just slowly bringing the car up to engineerable and EPA-able and insurance-able status...
brann
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 20:33

can u stop that clicking at all, wat if u have the fan off ? so the CC isn't on ? or have the fan set to lo ??

If you have the temp knob all the way to cold then I find the clicking disappears, even if the fan speed is on. Personally once I knew what it was, the clicking no longer bothers me at all.

Quote:

Also wat are peoples fuel consumption like ?? i am just interested thats all.. for my 7M i get about 350/400k per tank of premo

About the 400 mark with the 5ME .. more spirited driver reduces it down of course!!

Cheers,
Adam.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 23:02

Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 22:35

Cheers

picsorban

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/Speaker1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/CelicaSupra/Mounts.jpg

A hand for Ed! Damn, must be a tight fit!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 17 June 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James,

Yep it is a tight fit that only 1 screw holds my speaker covers down Laughing

All you need is a pair of Tin Snips, Tin, the old speaker brackets as a template (which i have 2 sets here at home) and a lot of patients.

In the MA61 has the 5"x7" speakers and they sound OK but can't remember what the speakers sound like as the car has been off the road for that long that I can't remember. The SA63 was a hack job by placing 5" round speakers in the hole.

But yeah, I can't take the credit for what my brother did on his spare time to get those speakers in. You don't even know that after market speakers are in there...

Cheers.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 18 June 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey
those who have put bigger rims on their supras, do you reckon this sized rim would fit: (F) 17X8J OFF+17 (R) 17X10J OFF+24 PCD114.3 4/5?? i know our supras need low offset but i was just wondering.
any help would be appreciated before i spend the $$$.
Spence

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 07:19]

Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's Grp A Toyota pics...
Next Topic:Electric car thrashes Ferrari and Porsche
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:08:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010799884796143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.