Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah. Just as I got idea's about fitting those wheels, I had to find out that they don't exist in Australia.

Like Viper_nipplex said, 16x8's all round... mmmmm *drools*

Just a quick question for those of you who have used EBC greenstuff pads, how much did you guys pay for them?
  Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Potential group buy of some conquest wheels anyone?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh. A full container of identical 80's wheels coming in. I wonder what customs would say?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yian - greenstuff eats penises.
racebrakes street pads are the only way to go
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 21:33

Pssht, thats crap, they work fine. Mine cost around the $180 mark from memory.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 00:33

yian - greenstuff eats penises.

Racebrakes street pads? Hrmm will have to try them the next time around. I've already ordered a set of fronts from the parts store. How much did those racebrakes street pads set you back?

Quote:

Mine cost around the $180 mark from memory.

and $180? Glad to know I wasnt ripped off then. When they said $160 I was a little shocked heh. I guess thats from never buying pads dearer than around $60 before.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I going to buy some greenstuff and give em a try, hearing a lot of mixed reviews, i'd rather get my own opinion.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'll be getting mine tmorow morning and putting it on. Will let you know what difference it makes over my current Lucas pads
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know what cars racebrakes make pads for - they are (funnily enough) quite preformance oriented, so not sure if they make ma61 pads.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 07:49

rsdeo wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 20:42

cs.com is good, but it does have a down side which I will not get into. There are more than Americans there... Canadians, Mexican, French, Swiss, Aistralians, Germans, English and more.

Yeah, this is true, but the good ones we actually can have meaningful conversations with (like you) usually find their way here. I don't mean to really have a go at them, but there is just too much shit that spews from their keyboards that makes you just want to smack your head against a wall.

Thank you for the kind words. I live in Canada and was born in England. Moved over when i was 10 years old. Yes there are a lot of Americans on the Forum, most are okay and some are annoying. Those few love to put down other nations, but get pissed when you throw it back into their face. One member left after I posted a thread about a US journalist and how I felt about her. The member was offended about what I wrote, funny I posted the exact same thread here and I got nothing but agreement.

Allan wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 06:25

dont see myself geting a ma61 thay are very tall person unfriendly and no great improvement over a MA45 a JZA80 would be nice but feel very plastic inside so ill buy one when i can afford it and a decent re-trim

I'm 6'4" tall and 235 lbs. I fit perfect.

ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 08:17

I love the look of those conquest wheels, very tempting to get as they kinda keep an original look to the car.

But did we get the conquest here in Aust? I have a bad feeling we didn't

Me wantee 16x8 all around...

5M-E's make baby jesus cry

Those cars were not sold in Australia and were produced from '86 to '89. I have a set of 16x7 +18 and 16x8 -10 already and another on their way with a set of Starion front hubs which should fit our cars. I'm going to get a set of 16x8 +18 and 16x9 +0 if I can source a nice set. You can find the wheels here http://www.car-part.com/ or anything else you may need from North America.

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 08 March 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm btw i found a site that sells Celica XX models i will enquite if they sell a P-Type !!! they are about $30
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I want to know is where does everyone put their headunit? Top or bottom slot? And what else is in the other slot?

atm I have got my old pioneer cd player sitting in the top without the antenna plugged in coz it wont fit with it plugged in. The tray that came out of my ra60 is in the bottom.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 12:19

What I want to know is where does everyone put their headunit? Top or bottom slot? And what else is in the other slot?

atm I have got my old pioneer cd player sitting in the top without the antenna plugged in coz it wont fit with it plugged in. The tray that came out of my ra60 is in the bottom.

from memory jaycar sell a right angle antenna adaptor
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
radio is for chumps anyhow Smile

and most people, put those trays in the other slot, tho I haven't managed to find a tray yet!
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 12:19

I've got my cd player in the bottom and the tray in the top. I doubt my cd player would fit in the top one but i've never tried
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is two reasons the way I have it as it is,

1. My celica came with it arranged like that, so I didn't think it wouldve been the other way around

2. I like it that way better, lower spot make it more difficult to view and operate, although im slack as hell and use a remote Razz
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 00:53

I going to buy some greenstuff and give em a try, hearing a lot of mixed reviews, i'd rather get my own opinion.

Anyone else found that Greenstuff spew way more dust than other brands?

Also, I probably just installed the shims badly, my my Greenies squeel more than any other pad I've ever had when cold.

Aside from that, they work well for the first coupla hard stops (then fade badly - as would any pad with such a small surface area).

Justin
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, and speaking of MA61 Wusses .... this is Gay61/Celica XX drivers look like:

http://www.hobbyhq.com.au/tamiyahq/kitart/T24021.j pg

Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah sunroofs, helmets and attempting to snap second dont mix in the MA61 for tall bitches.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 07:03]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 16:25

ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 00:53

Also, I probably just installed the shims badly, my my Greenies squeel more than any other pad I've ever had when cold.

Aside from that, they work well for the first coupla hard stops (then fade badly - as would any pad with such a small surface area).

Justin

I'm not sure if you've ever tried Lucas pads. Those pads should be taken off the market I reckon for the amount of brake dust they spew out. A day of hard braking and shiny silver rims will be black.

I've just put Greenstuff in today and already they feel a lot better (initial bite) than the Lucas'.

Yian
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you change all pads or just fronts? What did it cost ya?
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard bad reports from a number of people about greenstuff - and all of them work in the modified car industry. I've heard lucas are quite a good pad, however excessive dust was mentioned. Race brake pads get nothing but praise from what I've heard. Never once heard a bad report from anyone about them.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 18:10

Did you change all pads or just fronts? What did it cost ya?

Just the fronts. My rear pads has only been changed once since I've owned the car.

The pads put me back $160. Me and Tim put it on this arvo.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 18:26

I've heard bad reports from a number of people about greenstuff - and all of them work in the modified car industry. I've heard lucas are quite a good pad, however excessive dust was mentioned. Race brake pads get nothing but praise from what I've heard. Never once heard a bad report from anyone about them.

Do they make pads for our MA61? If they do, they'll be the next set I'm trying heh Smile
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are green stuff pads those shit ones that come in that stripy green and white box and they sell them at repco... cause my brake padson the front are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo shit my front mags look black!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 16:32

Oh, and speaking of MA61 Wusses .... this is Gay61/Celica XX drivers look like:

http://www.hobbyhq.com.au/tamiyahq/kitart/T24021.j pg

Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHH that is fucking awesome.. that bloke in the XX looks like a lego man! and wtf is with the scooter.. is it comparing hte power of a scooter to an XX ? L Type no flared guard gayness with jap side mirrors.. fucking noobs espically the bloke in the XX
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i had, Tarago/Celica mags... wow they are so great!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Race brakes is australian made/owned, and as such have all the equipment they need to produce pads. While I don't think they make pads for the MA61 as such, I'm sure if you gave them dimensions and specs they could come up with a pad to suit.

I'm chucking r33 brakes on mine, so they had an off-the-shelf pad to suit already. They might already have one to suit the MA61 anyway - one of the blokes that works there built the two MA61's they raced in the production car series (I think it was that series) back in the day. He was impressed to see my old girl Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 12:33]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 23:27

are green stuff pads those shit ones that come in that stripy green and white box and they sell them at repco... cause my brake padson the front are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo shit my front mags look black!

The box is blue with EBC brakes written on them. The box does look cheap, but at $160 for a pair of pads? They definitely not cheap. I'm in the process of uploading pics of them ...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 23:31

Race brakes is australian made/owned, and as such have all the equipment they need to produce pads. While I don't think they make pads for the MA61 as such, I'm sure if you gave them dimensions and specs they could come up with a pad to suit.

I'm chucking r33 brakes on mine, so they had an off-the-shelf pad to suit already. They might already have one to suit the MA61 anyway - one of the blokes that works there built the two MA61's they raced in the production car series (I think it was that series) back in the day. He was impressed to see my old girl Smile

Nice nice. I will definitely find out more about them when the time comes to get new pads. These greenstuff seem to squeal a fuckload when they're cold though.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm i will look tomorrow and remind myself to never have these go near my car again... they are really squeaky and make a mess
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 20:29

L Type no flared guard gayness

Says the dude with the awe-inspiring 5ME Rolling Eyes
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 12:05

one MAJORLY blown head gasket - between cyls 5 & 6 and from 6 into the water jacket (typical M series blow job) - guessing you drove it a bit with the blown gasket Very Happy

the bores are AWESOME that it still has cross hatch after 250,000km is amaseing

Allan

Heh, as far as I'm concerned, the boat anchor is pretty awe-inspiring, but for an altogether different reason.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAHH! u got me there..... ummm i dunno wat engine u got a 1GGE ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1GGTE
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well there u go... i would take a 5ME over a 1GGTE anyday.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, you poor perverted little boy. One day you will learn.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 00:09

Haha, you poor perverted little boy. One day you will learn.

Once you been bitten by the boost bug, you never wanna go back. Well, maybe thats just me.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am gettign closer to getting my 7MGTTTTTTTTTE yes thats right.. i have only ever owned 1 turbo car adn that was a 4WD 1800cc suburu turbo.. wasnt a bad car love the boxer noise!!!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd post a couple of pics here in case some people don't access my ride's page.

This is my baby and Tim's (ZZT231) other half in the background Razz

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/8bf7793c.jpg

Another shot of our 2 cars...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/e8a3b781.jpg

Before and after pics of the EBC greenstuff pads. They look aweful spunky don't they? Bright green... all I need now are painted red calipers or something heh Surprised

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/3920e4db.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/96791a8e.jpg

And my fav shot of my car to date. This shot just makes the car look so much tougher than it actually is. Embarassed

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/IMG_0539.jpg

* Some of you might notice the 'XX' badge on the front. It was replaced when I had a stack with an import front.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 03:02]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that hte 7MGTE ? that is some small intake pipe aswell!!! and yes hte XX badge is really cool!! i like it
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'XX' = X-rated hehe

btw thats the intercooler pipe. Intake piping sits lower and you can't see it.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 09 March 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops my bad..!!!
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nice!You might wanna get some more of that bonett-liner insultion stuff. Otherwise your ct26 is gonna 'burn' a patch of paint on the bonnet.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Point noted. But in the near future I was thinking of grafting a really really subtle vent just above where the turbo sits to draw out the hot air...
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 12:32

Nice!You might wanna get some more of that bonett-liner insultion stuff. Otherwise your ct26 is gonna 'burn' a patch of paint on the bonnet.

You no longer can get the factory bonnet lining, I have been trying to chase one around for many months. I think it is still avalaible in America but shipping would most probabily hurt the pocket.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u jsut get some material which is similar and cut it out then fit it yourself.. be creative!!
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.tru-fitcarpets.com.au/s_shield.htm
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 13:25

Mine aren't spewing out must dust at all.
Obviously more than the pads that were on the MX73 Caliper beforehand, but they were probably cheap hard shit.

I have no squeals either. Not even on the first time I took the car out for a spin.

You must have either defective ones, or badly installed.
You did pull the sticky back off the antisqueal shims?
Yian wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:12

Once you been bitten by the boost bug, you never wanna go back. Well, maybe thats just me.

Boost? pffft.
Once you've driven NA power, and NA torque you'll never go back.
I'm soooooo hanging out to drive the Cressida again.
Hopefully tomorrow. Tonight if I'm lucky.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i do agree boost is quite fun, i lvoe it how u go back into your seat when u hit boost!!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian - your car looks sexy as hell Very Happy love that front shot, i look at the back of mine or Tim's too, just beautiful Smile

5m-e vs 1ggte, well TRD_Supra I don't know about you, but the 1g gets my vote, id rather fuel economy/two camshafts/two turbos/etc over the 5m-e anyday.

Worse if the 5m-e is auto, where did the string of power I had go?!?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course i would rather a 1ggte over a 5ME i am only JK around u fool
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My saint bernard fits nicely in the back of dads red machine .. I might have to buy one to haul the mutt around in - K9 cruising in stylez!

As for brake pads - i dont know whats in ours but FUCK does it squeak - im talking mega huge loud for blocks squeak ..

i think i should arse them off and install a parachute instead..

Oh and on the topic of radios - havent had one in ours for nearly a year now due to dads insistance that he wanted a stock one - but funally hes coming around + will hopefully have at least a cheapish brand name cd/tuner in it as soon as its affordable
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 16:10

Yian - your car looks sexy as hell Very Happy love that front shot, i look at the back of mine or Tim's too, just beautiful Smile

5m-e vs 1ggte, well TRD_Supra I don't know about you, but the 1g gets my vote, id rather fuel economy/two camshafts/two turbos/etc over the 5m-e anyday.

Worse if the 5m-e is auto, where did the string of power I had go?!?

As you can see these are my support cars for each other as if one breaks down, 2 come to the rescue Laughing
In this case Yian had problems with his MA61 so an MA61 and SA63 came to the rescue Razz

Cheers.
PS. My 5M isn't going to die without a fight Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 23:45]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes - 5me = gay

5me gayness + auto = Elite gayness

my most major of hates for the ma61 here
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just hate it when my MA61 leaves me at the side of the road coz of the 5M even though it's been fully rebuilt (Damn hoses Mad). That is why now I teamed up and got 2 support cars so when I drive around I have backup Laughing though. Yian's 7M hasn't really shown any mechanical issues as of yet *touch wood*.

But what makes up in lack of power hides inside the diff Smile

Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 23:34]

RA65 Sleeka
Regular

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to have no probs with the diff ive got a locker which was designed for a 4wd
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 14:22

Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 13:25

Mine aren't spewing out must dust at all.
Obviously more than the pads that were on the MX73 Caliper beforehand, but they were probably cheap hard shit.

I have no squeals either. Not even on the first time I took the car out for a spin.

You must have either defective ones, or badly installed.
You did pull the sticky back off the antisqueal shims?

I doubt they were defective. Badly installed maybe (Tim can attest to my car being a Habib job all over). And the sticky back off the antisqueal shims? What sticky back?

On the way home tonight it was squealing something chronic again. Not those quiet sqeaks either. Its like neighbourhood-awaking-squealing type noises. Gunna have to take them off tomorrow and see if anything is wrong.

Yian
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 16:10

Thanks mate Embarassed Its only the angle I took the photo from. I looked back and there she was looking at me, I knew I had to take a photo hehe Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 10 March 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Yian wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 21:05

I doubt they were defective. Badly installed maybe (Tim can attest to my car being a Habib job all over). And the sticky back off the antisqueal shims? What sticky back?

I dunno about yours, but the anti rattle/squeal shim things had sticky stuff on the back.
Just peel off the cover, and stick them to the back of the pad.
Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's Grp A Toyota pics...
Next Topic:Electric car thrashes Ferrari and Porsche
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:25:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011286973953247 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.