Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 21 July 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 07:52

bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 07:19

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 21 July 2005 20:30

I've just realised I've been thinking it but hadn't said anything. I like your wheels Michael. I think the ones on that white car, while having the "oooh" factor of being new and shiny, look shit.

Cheers Nathan. The more often I see them, the happier I am with them.

Draven - You hit the nail on the head, but you left out kids, house, and wife for some of us old buggers Laughing

fixed Smile

I'm not 40 ............................ yet. I'm not even 39 !!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 22 July 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 22 July 2005 09:03

I'm not 40 ............................ yet. I'm not even 39 !!!!

Wow... such a big number Shocked
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 22 July 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen 1 other silver one down here and i think he did a hit and run the other day cause i was cruising through town and this old bloke ran about 3 blocks to tell me that a car EXACTLY like mine had hit someone and they where in hospital.

i think a 4AC would be appropriate for an AA61!!

[Updated on: Fri, 22 July 2005 02:08]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 22 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i think a 4AC would be appropriate for an AA61!!

..well that was strange.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 22 July 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Razz Confused
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Being poor and working all the time makes it hard to even maintain my ma61 Sad

Did oil change yesterday... had an original 'Toyota' branded oil filter on it Confused I'll have to take a photo!

Diff oil looked a bit strange, had a strange red/orange colour mixed with the normal used oil colour Confused

Cheers,
James
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I usually try to stick to toyota genuine where I can. Sometimes it's just plain ridiculous though ($595 for a single pulley, for example).
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's insane! Shocked

All the more reason why I want a lathe.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Sat, 23 July 2005 10:57

Being poor and working all the time makes it hard to even maintain my ma61 Sad

Did oil change yesterday... had an original 'Toyota' branded oil filter on it Confused I'll have to take a photo!

Diff oil looked a bit strange, had a strange red/orange colour mixed with the normal used oil colour Confused

Cheers,
James

We did well thought didn't we James? Razz But yeah, his diff oil looked orangey sorta colour that floats (almost like water in oil, but the wrong colour)

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did it smell like the oil was extracted from baby shit?
that's what josh's gearbox oil smelt like when we dropped it.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not quite that bad, but it wasn't far off. Mine looked quite okay suprisingly. Doesn't make the chattering noise at low RPMS anymore either *yay*

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 11:06]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gearbox oil smells like arse. Wet arse.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused Damn. Looking forward to when we do the gearbox oil. I do hope that mine would smell a little more appealing than wet arse though. *shudders*
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 23 July 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats gearbox oil smell like when its new?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 24 July 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ass
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 24 July 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm wet ass.

Hilary Duff is not quite old enough so
I ain't never seen a butt like that
Maybe next year I'll say ass and she'll make my pee pee go
Doing, doing, doing

isn't this thread dead and buried yet?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 24 July 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you mean 'Da Dong Dong Dong'
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 01 August 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought this might warrant a bump of epic proportions...

Look what I found on my roof Confused

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/My%20MA61/IMG_0697.jpg
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 01 August 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
= bad
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad.... , but here in Canada I've seen worse.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, the pleasures of owning a car with a sunroof.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad i want one... i got quoted $1500 for a custom one... how would i go getting a sunroof from a celica/supra and having that put in
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find a Supra with a sunroof and swap all your engine/interior into it.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 12:13

Ahh, the pleasures of owning a car with a sunroof.

Yep, specially one with a 21 year old sunroof seal. Gotta fix that awful soon if I don't want any more rust popping out of nowhere.

But yeah... roof looks okay now after lots of fibreglass..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/My%20MA61/IMG_0703.jpg
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i am havign some nasty electrical problems now.. EXCELLENT this car brings me so much JOY
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 02 August 2005 18:11

well i am havign some nasty electrical problems now.. EXCELLENT this car brings me so much JOY

Congratulations of having nasty electrical problems... Sounds like you have a ground problem Laughing

If you dash keeps now and again blacking out, add more earth cables from the battery to the chassis...

I have a problem but I'm in the middle fixing as my alternator can't keep up the demands with the thermo fans...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Which is why I keep telling you. You want to get something newer with much less problems. Surprised
SA63
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian,

That rust on your car's roof isn't as bad as mine on the SA63 sunroof skin Wink
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed? That you?

But yeah I've seen some bad rust, but who would want it on their own car? Razz As long as it's on someone else's car is all good hehee
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 02 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Weren't you going to sell it? I think you should sell your car and buy something nice and reliable. Modified cars are not for you.
SA63
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 00:33

Ed? That you?

But yeah I've seen some bad rust, but who would want it on their own car? Razz As long as it's on someone else's car is all good hehee

It's Ed,
But anyway I have seen the one of the worse cases of rust in xA6x so it's a good reference point for seeing where else rust can grow Sad .
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went around getting quotes for getting the rust in the white car fixed... getting it all cut out as opposed to my super dodgy bog job Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 11:55

i went around getting quotes for getting the rust in the white car fixed... getting it all cut out as opposed to my super dodgy bog job Laughing

And the grand total is....?

*drum rolls*
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting the rust cut out isn't the drama.

Hell I'll do that for a couple of beers in 10mins with the angle grinder.

Its putting metal back in and making it look half decent thats the problem.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 13:36

Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 11:55

And the grand total is....?

*drum rolls*

Your heart, soul and your life...

In all seriousness, I spent the value of the car and more just to remove the rust out of her.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 13:41

In all seriousness, I spent the value of the car and more just to remove the rust out of her.

Value of your car, or what you paid for it? Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i only have about two thumbs worth of rust in the hatch- the rest of the car is fine.

so, hatch rust getting fixed will cost around $500, with the hatch resprayed in 2pac white, ready for the whole car getting resprayed (eventually)

anyone got the template/artwork for the rear stickers that mike webber in the US made?

teehee
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 16:15

ZZT231 wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 13:41

Value of your car, or what you paid for it? Laughing

Um... Well, my car hasn't devalued that much Rolling Eyes ... It's no where near market value as I don't drive it.

Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 16:45

well i only have about two thumbs worth of rust in the hatch- the rest of the car is fine.

so, hatch rust getting fixed will cost around $500, with the hatch resprayed in 2pac white, ready for the whole car getting resprayed (eventually)

anyone got the template/artwork for the rear stickers that mike webber in the US made?

teehee

Evil, I got 2 copies of the rear hatch stickers and my panel beater as one incase I loose the other one at home but I have no decals on the back of my MA61.

To get the hatch fixed for AUD$500 must be minor... I paid a lot more for mine to get done as mine was terrible...
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just had the rust cut out of my tailgate, only cost me $40 for paint cause a mate of mine did most of it. i'm doing him a deal with my engine and stuff. he had my tailgate bit over a month but it looks awesome.
Spence
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 03 August 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 16:45

Okay. I'm gunna see a sposedly really honest panel beater bloke that my mate's dad is friends with. I wanna see how much he can do it for

$500... dammnnn...
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i won't let it over come me!!!!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, my rust isn't very bad, probably about two or three thumbs worth? and only then, theres only one tiny hole....

but it's leaking. and i don't plan on selling the car soon, so it has to be done. it'll get done to the red car as well, but its not leaking so its not really the priority at the moment...

and tim- the copies you have, are they decals or do you have the computer things?

and, if i put the 7m in the white one, do you think i should put 3.0i on the back instead? Evil or Very Mad
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 11:51

and, if i put the 7m in the white one, do you think i should put 3.0i on the back instead? Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, just with no 'turbo'. If you can source yourself a 3.0 turbo badge for the front then go for it Surprised

Mmmmm... sleeper
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did any MA61 come out w ith a 6MGE ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, only the MZ12 Soarer and MS12? Crown 3000 had the 6MGEU
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 15:33

did any MA61 come out w ith a 6MGE ?
No
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in america didn't the early 86 ones come out with 6mge with a body kit?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, like many of Toyota's best motors and cars, the 6MGE was never released outside of Japan.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 04 August 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i did a bit of reading then realised it didn't come out with the 6mge
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems like most of the MA61's left in the US have a 6M-GE now though!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 05 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i see
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 06 August 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Black or White?[ 5 vote(s) ]
1.Option a) Swap and white respray 0 / 0%
2.Option b) Black and suspension 5 / 100%

might be getting a respray as a 21st present.... i want opinions.... both car bodies are pretty good, so don't worry about that. and i don't want a red 7mgte supra.

option one: pay a guy $700 to swap 7m and 5m. repaint white car white. (approx $3000 because of shitty acrylic respray already). spend approx $1500 getting red car looking good. have a 7mgte white supra and a 5me red supra.

option two: don't swap the engines, spend the $700 on suspension, and pay approx $3000 on a good 2pac job on the red car, but in black. no engine bay, but doors and boot done. will then have a cool 5me white car and 7m-gte black supra.

let me know the thoughts. option one or two.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 August 2005 12:49]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 06 August 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oohhh tough choice.

But here's something to think about, which interior would you rather be stuck with?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 06 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do which ever needs less bodywork.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 06 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bodywork is pretty much the same. white one has a little bit less rust, but panels don't line up and theres a rip in the bumper (accident damage)... red one has a little bit more but is straighter and more complete... (no accident damage)...

if i painted it red, i'd dye or get a new interior... Smile

Enchanter
Regular

July 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 07 August 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id be worried about the panels not lining up, could be chassis probs. Not somthing you want with a bucket load more power.

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 07 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, its just the nosecone panel really, which is a pain in the arse. car has had a prang in the past, which has been professionally repaired...

anyway, BLACK or WHITE?!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 07 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white teh homo
go a darker colour.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 07 August 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
White. But I am biased.
Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's Grp A Toyota pics...
Next Topic:Electric car thrashes Ferrari and Porsche
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:56:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091779232025146 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.