Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 15 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, using your kits, i can get z32 hubs and calipers, and mx73 wheels, and i'm set? mx73 wheels are 4x114.3?
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 15 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err, ma61 hubs, but z32 rotors/calipers, mx73 rims.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 15 August 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.... and before you yell at me for rejecting the offer the first time... Laughing

how much for your adapter kit? Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 15 August 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 17:00

.... and before you yell at me for rejecting the offer the first time... Laughing

how much for your adapter kit? Very Happy

You didn't know what you were doing back then.

You were a confused little boy.

And $50 incl. postage.
Should have a few more sets available soon.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 15 August 2005 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:04

bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:10

Mind you, you still need $2k worth of mags.....

Pssht, $1516 Razz And even my el dodgo Rays fit over no worries Smile

But you were lucky to find them, and how much heartache and effort went into it as well compared to Draven ...

Still looks good though.

Shows what can be done with a little effort

CruZ : What is teh ID of teh handbrake drum on the Nissan discs ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 16 August 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 05:59

But you were lucky to find them, and how much heartache and effort went into it as well compared to Draven ...

Would've been a walk in the park had Buddy Club not gone out of business, cheaper again too. Sad Ah well, desired result was achieved Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 16 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

172.1mm according to Brembo.
Stock is 167.1mm (according to Brembo)
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 16 August 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there another proper thread on this nissan rear break upgrade or are you guys keeping it to yourself until you sort things out?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 16 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still waiting on my parts to arrive so that I can actually begin.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 16 August 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:30

I thought that the ID was 169 for the stock part ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 17 August 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 06:26

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:30

I thought that the ID was 169 for the stock part ?

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoBrembo/DetailPages/images/tech/c09-570610.jpg
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 17 August 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, that is right. The Merc one that I used is 165mm !!!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyon have pics of an MA61 with king lows in it.. i might be buying yians so i want to see how low it will look!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:01

does anyon have pics of an MA61 with king lows in it.. i might be buying yians so i want to see how low it will look!

Search, there are plenty of pics in this thread, Yian's ride thread, Norb's threads and even my members ride thread, and the reality is they are way to low.

I have std's in mine, and I think they are almost right.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:39

TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:01

Search, there are plenty of pics in this thread, Yian's ride thread, Norb's threads and even my members ride thread, and the reality is they are way to low.

I have std's in mine, and I think they are almost right.

Shhh... they are great for a fully sick OMG yullehhh look. Surprised Embarassed
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What he said. Buy lows if you want to look fooly sik. Buy standards if you want the car to handle. Buy something else again if you want the car to handle better (I don't think there's anything off the shelf though). Both lows and standards are too soft IMO.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dobinson h/duty coil springs-Pr
Supra MA 61
Code: #DTRS27
Price: AU$162.73 (Australian Dollars)
NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:21

Dobinson h/duty coil springs-Pr
Supra MA 61
Code: #DTRS27
Price: AU$162.73 (Australian Dollars)
NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

What is the spring rate ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea but when i got springs for the rona they didn't specify just got the hd standard ride height one, but could order 1,2 inch lowered as well. 160 bucks a pair i paid, i have found them pretty good as well.
By the searching on the net i found out they are an australian company located in qld but don't seem to have a website. Mainly seem to do lots of 4wd stuff but make coil over springs and general car stuff as well.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far out yians looks bloody low!
supré-mkii
Regular

June 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just found this in the mkii yahoo group mailing list...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-TOYOTA-SUPRA-D EALERS-MANUAL-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQcmdZViewItem QQcategoryZ34233QQitemZ7993309762QQrdZ1

shame he'll only ship with the USA though, it's even an original :/
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 18 August 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel that the biggest issue with king lows is the rear camber. Sure, they could be harder. I'll see what happens after fixing the rear camber on mine and decide.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 19 August 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supré-mkii wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 00:31

just found this in the mkii yahoo group mailing list...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-TOYOTA-SUPRA-D EALERS-MANUAL-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQcmdZViewItem QQcategoryZ34233QQitemZ7993309762QQrdZ1

shame he'll only ship with the USA though, it's even an original :/

You don't want that book as it only covers the American 5M-GE Engine and the electronic transmission if you wanted to buy it for that... I have the book and it is only good for some body electrics troubleshooting and other body related topics. But for that price, I'll go and buy a Haynes book as it's just as good but also covers the 5M(GE) and 7MG(T)E.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 19 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone got any spare hatch stickers? Crying or Very Sad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 19 August 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the originals dont exist anymore./ there is a guy in the US who makes up similar ones, as well as the american style ones. he's off celicasupra I think?

if you want good springs, you should have gone in for the coilover group buy Smile

and there's a place in melb that does custom rate/height springs for not all that much more than kings. message giantomato, he knows who they are (i think)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 19 August 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also recommend you try and get some blank rotors if you can find them, and just get them drilled at 4x114.3. I ended up getting mine pre-drilled (because that's all that was available without ordering a custom set - $$$) and redrilling them. If you do this, check with your engineer that he thinks it's ok!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 19 August 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 13:17

far out yians looks bloody low!

Thank you. Surprised My car definitely ain't the quickest, so I thought I'd give it a shot at being the lowest. Razz
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 20 August 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone want to buy the white supra? i can no longer afford two Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 20 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 12:14

anyone want to buy the white supra? i can no longer afford two Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

Nooooooooo..!!

Why sell the white one? It's in 10 times better condition than MOST ma61s left in Australia!

If u wanna swap.... Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 20 August 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, i wish it was that good Laughing

but, unfortunately, i would like to paint the red one black... and i just can't afford to keep two supras...

and its hard to drive it and give it the love it deserves when im trying to do up two cars...

so, im seeing if i can sell it to someone who will love it as much as i do. Confused
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 21 August 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have posted some pics of MA61 spares I have in the "miscellenous parts" section if anyone is interested, look for the thread called "Fiend's MA61 spares"
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 29 August 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who out of you guys don't have hatch decals?

i may become your new best friend, pending on whether i can get materials/printed etc.... im trying to get reflective stuff and all that jazz, get it done perfect.

any requests for a 2.5i sticker for you 1jz owners? we've got the 2.8 and 3.0i covered. i can only try, but still...

anyone keen? no promises yet.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 29 August 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm up for the standard Toyota Supra 2.8i sticker.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Mon, 29 August 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing for me at the moment thanks, but may be interested as a "spare set", my hatch is OK for now.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i might take two of each Smile

will you have the toyota and celica supra ones also?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't mind some decals for when I repair the obligatory rust on my hatch. I'd really like one of those full-length SUPRA ones like they have in the US.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay guys, i can get this exact design made up, for $65 inc postage anywhere in aus:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ryley/decals.jpg

(obviously the stripes are evenly spaced on the full sized version)

PM me if you're interested or for more details. Later on I can try and get the US 'Supra' Billboard design and the UK designs if you like.

These designs are 99% perfect size wise. i measured it all up myself, but will do a few more test fits just in case.

I'll put a thread up in for the sale section.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That didn't happen to be a corel draw 9 document by any chance?? Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corel draw 12. they are mike webber's template off celicasupra.com, just resized and fixed nicely. Very Happy
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Tue, 30 August 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 13:32

I wouldn't mind some decals for when I repair the obligatory rust on my hatch. I'd really like one of those full-length SUPRA ones like they have in the US.

I have the template but it's small Sad

Ryley... I maybe intrested... depending if I can source parts for the A341E box...
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 31 August 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be up for one of the US 'Supra' Billboard signs please Smile

ZZT231: if your able to could you please send me your template? I wouldn't mind to have a look at it. email is samsullivan86@hotmail.com. Thanks
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Wed, 31 August 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
negative boost wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 19:09

I'll be up for one of the US 'Supra' Billboard signs please Smile

ZZT231: if your able to could you please send me your template? I wouldn't mind to have a look at it. email is samsullivan86@hotmail.com. Thanks

Promise me one thing, if you do make it a bit bigger and stuff you will send me back the proper size template or give me a discount when you make a few Wink
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Thu, 01 September 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you saying its an actual template? Not just an image file on your computer?

Well of course i would send it back after making a copy. You say its a tad small? How small? I was thinking maybe adding "3.0T" to the end of the supra so it would be "Supra 3.0T" billboard fashion. I was thinking of making up a few if the price is right and seeing if anyone would be interested.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 02 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
negative boost wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 22:18

Are you saying its an actual template? Not just an image file on your computer?

Well of course i would send it back after making a copy. You say its a tad small? How small? I was thinking maybe adding "3.0T" to the end of the supra so it would be "Supra 3.0T" billboard fashion. I was thinking of making up a few if the price is right and seeing if anyone would be interested.

Yep... have had the template for a few years or so. Just too busy at uni and trying to get the MA61 drivable to use it as an everyday car...
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we need this thread back up again Very Happy how is everyones xA61's going ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obviously yours isn't doing to well if you want to sell it
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 21:24

Obviously yours isn't doing to well if you want to sell it

Boom tshhhh!!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 20:00

we need this thread back up again Very Happy how is everyones xA61's going ?

yeah, mines not going atm... problems with unprocessed timber.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 22:30

... yeah, mines not going atm... problems with unprocessed timber.

And mine is due to unforgiving financial/mechanical circumstances, mine is not going for a long time...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 22:30

'85 MA61 - 5M-GE, extractors/exhaust, current project

Can't wait 'till we can start working on it Evil or Very Mad

Get rid of the spoontah and the parts celica. Then the fun begins
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Fri, 16 September 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Project Decade is lying dorment because all of my spare time to date has been spent removing cacti.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 17 September 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where thy cacti lie?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 17 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 10:42

where thy cacti lie?

Mum's boyfriend/step-dad bought a new rental property, and as cool as these plants look, they ain't exactly kiddy safe. They aren't your "stereotypical" cacti Razz
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 17 September 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is going extremley well atm actually, but i got another ticket so i will lose my licence in a few days
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 17 September 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So much for always driving like a grandma eh? Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sat, 17 September 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zzzzziiiinnnnggg!!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 18 September 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loving the sig cruz... we're a fine pair of misogynists aren't we? Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 18 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
turbo-a.net
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 18 September 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toyotacarclub.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/normal_First%20Look.jpg
Toyota Car clubs project MA61. See more here. www.toyotacarclub.net
1983supra
Regular

I supported Toymods

July 2002
Re: MA61 enthusiasts thread - WUSS WARNING! Sun, 18 September 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
OK guys I am after some feedback. The car goes into the paint shop tomorrow and am in two minds to either keep the two tone or respray totally in the dark colour, I am leaning towards all dark. Any way what do you think Confused

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~wcarlson/mypic47.JPG

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 09:01]

Pages (12): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's Grp A Toyota pics...
Next Topic:Electric car thrashes Ferrari and Porsche
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:34:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012541055679321 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.