Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Fri, 11 March 2005 06:35 Go to next message
As new, clean and undamaged condition. Was removed from a dynomatt's rally car to make room for full aftermarket management. I am selling because I have changed my mind regarding my ECU setups.

I'm after $300 which is what I paid for it 3 months ago. Its been sitting on my desk ever since.

Located in Brisbane, but will post anywhere in Australia once a full payment is made via Direct Deposit.

Cheers!
  Send a private message to this user    
Team_Weall
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sat, 12 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the diff between the grp A ecu and the standerd st185 ecu
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sat, 12 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GrpA has higher mapping for both fuel and boost cut. I think boost cut is 17psi and not 12psi.
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sat, 12 March 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i rememebr correctly, i believe Toobs was looking for an ECU.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sat, 12 March 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard my ears ringing and it brought me here...

I don't really need the ECU as I already have one, however, I have a spare ST185 Group A engine, loom, coil, ignitor, AFM and I think it would probably be easier to sell with manifolds and ECU.

Unfortunately I don't have the $$$ at the moment to buy an ECU I don't desperately need, however, if I become flush with cash again sometime in the near future I will give you a yell spectral.

spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sat, 12 March 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no worries Toobs.

I might give it a shot on ebay. Someone in the US might want it.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 13 March 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 13 March 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the GRP-A ECU the same one found in JDM ST185s ?
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 13 March 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are 4 main ECUs for the ST185.

1) Australian ST185
2) JDM ST185
3) Australian ST185 Group A
4) JDM RC/CS (Group A equivelent)

This is a #3. The main difference between Australian and JDM ECUs is the lack of EGR control on the JDM, and slightly more aggressive timing on the JDM to take advantage of their high octane fuels.

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 13 March 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know what PSI the ECU is mapped to? And any other differences for that matter?
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 13 March 2005 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
16psi maps I believe.

I guess the main functional difference besides the fuel cut / boost maps is the fact that the Group A controls the water to air intercooler pump.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Mon, 14 March 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so wat happens when i only have a air to air cooler?
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Mon, 14 March 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to design a work around for fooling the ECU into thinking the Intercooler pump is still present. Do a google and you'll find the workarounds that people have done when converting their Group A to use an Air-to-Air 'cooler. Code 54 I think is the ECU code thrown, and will help you refine a Google search.

Just a quick note to potential buyers here : You need to do your homework on the ECU conversion. I won't offer a refund because it was bought not understanding the differences between the wiring of the various 3SGTE ECUs.

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Tue, 15 March 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im keen, can't afford $300 Right now, but near future is a possibility.
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 20 March 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectral wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 15:00

There are 4 main ECUs for the ST185.

1) Australian ST185
2) JDM ST185
3) Australian ST185 Group A
4) JDM RC/CS (Group A equivelent)

This is a #3. The main difference between Australian and JDM ECUs is the lack of EGR control on the JDM, and slightly more aggressive timing on the JDM to take advantage of their high octane fuels.

Actually Paul it's an option 4...out of a Jap spec RC. Hope that doesn't muck anything up for you.

Oh and Toobs...all you need is to find that bloke that put the engine into his RA28 (which was then for sale I think) and you've virtually got my whole front cut!!!

M
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 20 March 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it was from your car, so I'll take your word for it Smile

So the ECU is slightly more powerful than I thought, but it doesn't have EGR control.

I don't think I have any buyers here anyway. Couple of bites but it seems they weren't serious when they found out it won't just plug in Sad
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Gen 2 3SGTE Group A ECU Sun, 20 March 2005 10:11 Go to previous message
It'll plug-in with a new engine loom sure Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Brand New FC Commander
Next Topic:big stereo system for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-