Toymods » Cruises and Events » Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Fri, 11 March 2005 23:21 Go to next message
Yesterday was the last day of entries for the Toyota Nationals and sadly, we have not secured enough entries to fulfill our sposorship commitments. We have therefore been forced to cancel the event for this year.

We will still be having a local get-together and run to the Hunter Valley and this will be posted on the website shortly. We wish Toymods every sucess with their event over the Easter break.

Grant Blundell
Toyota Nationals Inc
  Send a private message to this user    
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring it back to DUBBO and you will have suport from South Austraila....Next Year
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Website has been updated accordingly. Crying or Very Sad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that puts a downer on what was going to be a great drive and event.

i was hoping to meet some non-brisbane toyota folk to see what they do and just shoot the breeze about car shit.

bummer ;(
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 14:22

Bring it back to DUBBO and you will have suport from South Austraila....Next Year

I echo those thoughts.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's unfortunate and more than a little sad to hear Grant.

Hopefully next year you guys can offer an event that appeals to more people so that the effort I know you guys have gone to in organising the event for this year doesn't go to waste again.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sat, 12 March 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorta on topic... I heard it was mainly going to be a show event this year, no drag event? that was the main reason I didn't sign up (oh, and my car is unreged.. but I could have got off my arse and remedied that)
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sun, 13 March 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i second bringing it back to dubbo. We havent had this problem for the last 20 something? years when it was in dubbo, so obviously the change has ruined it a bit.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 00:09]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sun, 13 March 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear guys, i never am able to commit to the full easter weekend over the past 2 years due to family commitments, and this year is the same so i didnt make an entry at all.

like most people i do have suggestions (however painful they are to read at a time like this)

- should be run on a NON-easter weekend (no double demerits - yes sitting around and talking gets boring i always wanted to gather up a bunch of guys and go driving during non-event hours, this would be fun without having to worry about DD and cops, and also less chance of family commitments on such a popular weekend)

- event should be held in sydney, newcastle, goulburn or canberra. Preferably goulburn (see below)

- event should utilise wakefield park race way(less chance being booked out on a popular weekend like easter).

have you guys had a look at how they run the DATNATS (datsun nationals)?

they manage to secure wakefield park raceway on the easter weekend for their nationals and have a bunch of events.

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Sun, 13 March 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd suggest canberra or shepperton, shep has a good car club and generaly car nut friendly with the DECA skid pan 5 mins away winton raceway about 30 mins?? away.

Its also a lot nicer for any crazy's from perth!

Allan
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bluewire wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 14:22

Like yell yeah......

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a member of the organising committee I appologise to those who did support verbally or otherwise, and hope this late change has not severely affected your plans to enjoy the Easter long weekend. We appreciate those who showed initiative to write to us with realistic and considered suggestions or productive criticism. Special Thanks goes to Alchemist who without any promise of reward has worked at our whim on the website with updates and the original design, Thanks heaps for a great job.

Future Toyota National events will require a solid show of support from the Toyota community before the committee would consider investing in another attempt at a multi day event.

From all the comments mentioned above, noone has read in any detail the earlier remarks concerning the other options. We looked hard at most of these options and Tamworth came out on top (this time). Things to consider are availability, cost, average travel distance and proximity to facilities.

If you are serious about attending a Toyota Nationals event in the future I urge you strongly to submit, BY SNAILMAIL, your seriously considered suggestions to the postal address on our website. It is all too easy to post ideas on a whim here or to bang out a quick email, show your serious intentions to maintain this great event and I will personally investigate, cost and report to all who bothered to help in the descision making process. Please have any submissions in within a month or so to give us time to fairly evaluate and organise. Make sure you include a name and address if you want a response.

This is a community event. Tell us now what you want for 2006 and in the very least we will cost it out. YOU can have a say in the end descision.

Matt

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any chance of us re-scheduling the 2005 one somewhere else, or at a better time???

rather than having to wait another year thats all...
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Guys why do you want it in Dubbo? Its like the biggest area of crime and cunts stealing stuff anywhere. Anyways do people who signed up get a refund?
Brad
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bradelz wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 21:01

Hey,
Anyways do people who signed up get a refund?

Of course.

ASAP.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear. I know a lot of time and effort has gone into get this far only to have to canceled it.
Why do people still want it in Dubbo? Do people realize its only been the last 2-3 years that drag racing has been part of the event? The drag strip is half an hour, at least out of town and is not the best bit of road I've ever seen. People complain about driving to Tamworth, has any one ever driven the road from Newcastle to Dubbo? It would be better if they scrapped the tar off and left it as dirt, I think it would be smoother.
Anyway lets hope there's more support of the event when it's rescheduled, possibly not the easter weekend and possibly with a driving event of some description.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 March 2005 04:37]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the Thanks Matt Smile

No problems with the website, I look foward to this event happening in all its glory next year.

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 14 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well thats sad news...

i hope the event will come back bigger and stronger next year, hopefully with some form of motorsport (motorkhana/drag racing)

i have a feeling that may have been a contributing factor to this outcome Confused

long live toynats
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Wed, 16 March 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww shit, I was keen to cruise up and check out my first Toynats, but alas, it's cancelled. If only my car was ready in time to enter ;_;
cheese_cracka
Regular

June 2004
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Fri, 18 March 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this does really suck, i was really lookin forward to meetin sum of u guys and checkin out some nice cars, but in sayin that i cant help think that i could have help promote it a bit coz i know of a few local guys that most definatly would have entered. well anyway if the toynats are to be held in tamworth next year im gunna make sure i get off my arse and promote it
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 21 March 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone mentioned above about Wakefield park as a venue.. If that was the case I would be signed up in a flash!

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Mon, 21 March 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 16:07

If you are serious about attending a Toyota Nationals event in the future I urge you strongly to submit, BY SNAILMAIL, your seriously considered suggestions to the postal address on our website. It is all too easy to post ideas on a whim here or to bang out a quick email, show your serious intentions to maintain this great event and I will personally investigate, cost and report to all who bothered to help in the descision making process.

JZX90T
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Wed, 30 March 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I agree it needs to go back to Dubbo and most Toymoders would agree.
Take It Back To Dubbo!
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals Cancelled - Please Read Wed, 30 March 2005 07:55 Go to previous message
Follow the process and we can all have a say.

Without input we cannot make an informed descision.

Special Ed wrote on Mon, 21 March 2005 19:37

Special Ed wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 16:07

If you are serious about attending a Toyota Nationals event in the future I urge you strongly to submit, BY SNAILMAIL, your seriously considered suggestions to the postal address on our website. It is all too easy to post ideas on a whim here or to bang out a quick email, show your serious intentions to maintain this great event and I will personally investigate, cost and report to all who bothered to help in the descision making process.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:vic bbq - unoffical small gathering
Next Topic:Any cruz's this sunday?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:35:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066280364990234 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.