Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 01:16 Go to next message
stayed over in a friends place in the city last night. when i came out of the house at 7.20am, my car wasnt there!!

it was a clearway zone in the morning and they towed my car away. anyway, i called up and they said i needed $275 bucks to get my car out Shocked Shocked

when i reached the carport with the cash and went to my car, i found out that it was actually $275 to get my car and another $102 farking bucks for fine!! thats almost $400 bucks down to start the week Mad Mad (yesterday victorian holiday)

Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh what the fuck? Thats not good Ben. Didn't you see the clearway sign?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That happened to me on the first day of uni in 2002... I didn't know the area and misread the sign. $350 and 2 1/2 wasted hours later I had my car back. It's not easy to get to the impound yard when you don't have a car to drive there in. Mad
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So they actually tow your cars down there? Damn I wish they would do that in Sydney sometimes.

Here they usually just leave a fine on your windscreen Razz
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 19:27

So they actually tow your cars down there? Damn I wish they would do that in Sydney sometimes.

Here they usually just leave a fine on your windscreen Razz

hehe

at least it wasnt stolen ... that's what i though initially when i started readin
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually saw my car getting towed... I was walking back to where I had parked it and caught a glimpse of a truck towing two cars. I remember thinking to myself that the one on the tray looked like mine but didn't for a second think it actually was.

One week later on my way home from uni I was leaving a petrol station when the same car caught fire. I had to tow it to get the LPG system fixed. Electrical fire. ($500)

A week after that, I was walking back to where I parked the car (different campus) and I found an empty space where it used to be. I checked all the signs. Asked the security blokes if the council tows cars in the area. Walked around the block looking for it.

To this day I have never seen that car since. I walked home from uni that day. Confused Crying or Very Sad

Low dog bastards: My disabled parking permit was clearly displayed on the window when the car was stolen.
It was the replacement for the one that was stolen a month earlier when my car was broken into. My prescription sunglasses were also stolen at the same time.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah thats never good simdog
hows the TV btw?

Ben man that really sucks
worst way to start off a week but look on the bright side, atleast you didnt get hit by another car almost causing a write off on ur car, now i have no car to use Sad

But then again, paying all that money out would bring a tear to my eye, so much hard labour at work gone to waste...

(except u dont work u bum!)
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 15 March 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I think cars are not kind to me... even though I always pampered them compared to how the rest of the family treats theirs.

See other thread for TV report.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Wed, 16 March 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for $400 bucks i would have driven 180km/h all the way to sydney and get a speeding ticket. 100X better way to spend that money Mad
Sheepdawg
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Wed, 16 March 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah Melbourne.

Drove down for F1, parked my car in a 1 hour zone on a saturday in the cbd. Saw ticket inspector lurking nearby but didn't pay no mind. Then he walks over and chalks my tires and I thought 'meh prob just doing his rounds'. So I set an alarm on the fone to remind myself to bolt back and move car before I get a fine.

Come back before the hour was up and saw a fine issued half an hour after I parked. Turns out I missed the red sign that said 'Permit Zone' tacked on above the green 1 hour sign.

Never seen one of those signs in Sydney before. Gotta admit though, those parking infringement slips in Melbourne are pretty snazzy looking, rip proof, rain proof and nicely printed.

jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Wed, 16 March 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What happens if your in such a zone and your car has a kit or is lowered or doesn't have any tow hooks...what do they do then?? Drag it by the wheels?? What if you have a FWD auto and the handbranke is on? Always wondered how they'd move such cars.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Thu, 17 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jese1218 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 08:17

What happens if your in such a zone and your car has a kit or is lowered or doesn't have any tow hooks...what do they do then?? Drag it by the wheels?? What if you have a FWD auto and the handbranke is on? Always wondered how they'd move such cars.

If you care about your car then I don't suggest you try testing it. I suspect that they will move it by any means possible regardless of your kit or handbrake being fucked in the process.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Thu, 17 March 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right on that would just drag it by the wheels, belive you me that tow truck drivers couldnt give 2 fucks about a car if the owner aint there, i deal with them a lot in my job
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Thu, 17 March 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 23:38

I actually saw my car getting towed... I was walking back to where I had parked it and caught a glimpse of a truck towing two cars. I remember thinking to myself that the one on the tray looked like mine but didn't for a second think it actually was.

One week later on my way home from uni I was leaving a petrol station when the same car caught fire. I had to tow it to get the LPG system fixed. Electrical fire. ($500)

A week after that, I was walking back to where I parked the car (different campus) and I found an empty space where it used to be. I checked all the signs. Asked the security blokes if the council tows cars in the area. Walked around the block looking for it.

To this day I have never seen that car since. I walked home from uni that day. Confused Crying or Very Sad

Low dog bastards: My disabled parking permit was clearly displayed on the window when the car was stolen.
It was the replacement for the one that was stolen a month earlier when my car was broken into. My prescription sunglasses were also stolen at the same time.

Crying or Very Sad Damm that car had bad luck !!!!
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Thu, 17 March 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fattony wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 12:54

Right on that would just drag it by the wheels, belive you me that tow truck drivers couldnt give 2 fucks about a car if the owner aint there, i deal with them a lot in my job

mmmm wouldn't thay put the car on a tow bed? It's a shame that tow truck drivers think like that Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
I'm sure not all of them are bad?
I rand out of fuel, about 9 years ago now, while very prega'a with my son on the HArbour bridge... the tow truck drivers towed me all the way to the closest petrol station, that was open(it was a public holiday), and helped me refuel...

and didn't charge me a cent. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Thu, 17 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, in the city they have ur car on the tow bed(?), where all four of ur wheels are on the truck platform. the sucky part is they put ur car in some place under trees and a bridge that gets all kind of bird shit and other stuff of ur car. if u dont wash ur car often, this could be a little blessing in disguise. if u drive a white car like me, Mad Mad Mad

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Tue, 22 March 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what would they do if you have a tilt sensor with fuckin loud alarms Laughing tow it with the alarms blaring all night Laughing
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Wed, 23 March 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring ur car down and try Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: expensive way to start a shitty day in the FINE city of melbourne Fri, 01 April 2005 05:22 Go to previous message
86DRFT wrote on Tue, 22 March 2005 19:24

what would they do if you have a tilt sensor with fuckin loud alarms Laughing tow it with the alarms blaring all night Laughing

I think that's illegal.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Happy Easter ALL!!!
Next Topic:think you are good ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:56:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065639019012451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.