Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Tue, 22 March 2005 11:25 Go to next message
*from another site*

HEY GUYS, JUST A SHORT NOTE REGARDING THE PROTEST RUN TO LAKESIDE. ON THE 22 OF MAY A RUN WILL BE HELD IN REGARDS TO GETTING LAKESIDE RE-OPENED FOR MOTORSPORT EVENTS. WE WILL BE LEAVING FROM REDCLIFFE SHOWGOUNDS AT 10 AM SHARP FOR A RUN THROUGH MANGO HILL & KALLANGUR TO LAKESIDE WHERE WE WILL BE PARKING ON THE TRACK. HOPEFULLY THE MINISTER FOR SPORT & RECREATION MINISTER TERRY MACENROTH WILL BE COMING AND THE ORGANISERS ARE ORGANISING SOME HIGH PROFILE MOTOR SPORT STARS TO BE THERE. HOPE TO SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE TAKE THE TIME TO COME ALONG AND SHOW THEIR SUPPORT, THE MORE THE MERRIER LET YOUR MATES KNOW!!!!!!!! PEOPLE THAT ARE THINKING OF COMING ALONG TO DO SILLY SHIT DONT BOTHER AS THE POLICE ARE GOING TO BE KEEPING AN EYE ON THINGS!! THANKS GUYS............................... TRUE STREET CAR CLUB

Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Tue, 22 March 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a weekday or weekend??? how longs it take to get there???
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Tue, 22 March 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is a sunday. I have no idea how long it takes to get there. Haven't had a chance to find out where it is yet Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Tue, 22 March 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakeside raceway is about 1.25 hrs drive from brisbane city - should be quicker for you Chris!

note: most of the roads to there (except if you get burpengary via the motorway) are 60 & 80k - just a freindly heads-up for the more enthusiastic driver Wink

more about the track: <http://www.lakesideraceway.com/>

search for Lakeside Road, Kurwongbah in whereis then zoom out.

there's very little parking along the road outside the track so hopefully the local Shire council won't be total deadshits (which they've been up to date) and block access to the track - be it on wheels or on foot.

Chris: i'll try to get this on theTTC Qld calendar as well.

update: i drove past on friday (25-3-05) afternoon - grass around the track and the spectator entrance has been mown - looks half presentable now - last time i was up there, some grass was at barrier height.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2005 11:48]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Tue, 22 March 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Charles, that would be great!
Zer0
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Wed, 30 March 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from redcliffe show grounds lakeside is about a 30 min drive depending on which way you go that is i am in on this i live in redcliffe and have signed the partition ages ago and would love to see it opened again
ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Fri, 01 April 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will come too Smile
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Sat, 02 April 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakside isnt 1.25 hrs away from the city its bout 30mins, from redcliffe it will take bout 15mins to get to lakside just go straight down anzac ave and turn right at the red dog servo then turn left into lakeside easy...
pm me bout specific details cause ill go and all my mates.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Sat, 02 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you try to drive from Kerwongbah legally to the Brisbane CBD on a sunday arvo or in daily peak hour - you'll find it's more than 30 minutes Razz

the dude who originally posted the cruise thread on boost hasn't added to the thread <http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?show topic=67479>

anyway - all the details you need are in the first post of this thread.

cheers,
Charles.
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Sun, 03 April 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having lived not far from Lakeside and working in the CBD, it is possible to do the trip in 30 mins in clear or flowing traffic, peak hour might bump that up to 40 mins, but nowhere near 1.25 hours! And when I did live there, I was driving a 91 Ford Festiva, so I certainly wasn't driving a rocketship! Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Mon, 04 April 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.lakesideraceway.com/ website is updated and has a pretty decent sound file from the radio station that the president of the raceway was on. The radio dude is a typical media person however and doesn't have many positive things to say.
Aydrianp
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Sat, 09 April 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds pretty good, I might be up for it. I'll see closer to the date.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Sun, 10 April 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good people. i am just down in strathpine not far from redcliff. Will have to see closer to date but i reckon i will definately be up for it
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Thu, 21 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 10:16

Sounds good people. i am just down in strathpine not far from redcliff. Will have to see closer to date but i reckon i will definately be up for it

havent seen that yellow soarer in strathers before, i live in bray park
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: reopen lakeside, Protest cruise. 22 May Fri, 22 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous message
Should be good....again, have to check times closer to it....and who gives a shit about the drive length? hehe. IF it all goes well, i can meet people in strathaz or bray park if you want? the westfields? I live in norman park (south side inner city suburb) and it takes 1/2 hr to strathaz give or take...so lakeside will be about 40 for me i am guessing. By the 22nd of may i should have in the race prepped 2tg hopefully.

Crok.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOYOTA CAR CLUB MOTORKHANA IN APRIL 3RD.
Next Topic:INFORMATION NEEDED
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:11:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055010318756104 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.