Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » mozzie sensors...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 21:49 Go to next message
them little bastard mozzies, how do they know where we are?

why is it that as soon as you turn off the light you get the annoying little buzzes come past your ears etc and they wanna feed.
do they have really good night vision or a great nose that smells out our stench?
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They have infra-red vision. Any suitable warm-blooded creature (eg you) is lit up like a neon sign to them.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 07:49

them little bastard mozzies, how do they know where we are?

why is it that as soon as you turn off the light you get the annoying little buzzes come past your ears etc and they wanna feed.
do they have really good night vision or a great nose that smells out our stench?

TELL ME ABOUT IT

they won't touch you while you are up, but there must be something about a "horizontal human" that sets a trigger off in their brains to "seek and destroy" lol
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 08:51

They have infra-red vision. Any suitable warm-blooded creature (eg you) is lit up like a neon sign to them.

hrmm ok. so is there a certain colour light that would distract their infa-red vision?
could i have a neon glow in my bedroom? hehe
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

actually, they're attracted by the carbon dioxide in our breath as a main way of finding a live object to obtain food from.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: mozzie sensors... Tue, 05 April 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 09:06

actually, they're attracted by the carbon dioxide in our breath as a main way of finding a live object to obtain food from.

What he said.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

So if i stop breathing they wont get me?? Rolling Eyes

You could always have a try at hanging one of those bug zapper things in you room!!! Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And wearing Aeroguard blocks their sensors and effectively makes you invisible to them. It doesn't repel them.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 10:23

And wearing Aeroguard blocks their sensors and effectively makes you invisible to them. It doesn't repel them.

yeah ive seen the ad... i wonder how many kids saw that ad where people are spraying themselves with aeroguard and theyre turning invisible, then they run to the cupboard, spray themselves with so much aerogard they knock themselves unconscious etc

oh the hilarity
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eat lots of garlic and mosquitos wont go near you, or humans for that matter Laughing .
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn.. i was hoping to put some neons in ma room... Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
breeze is the simplest solutions - the little bastards have trouble flying in turbulence.

if the fan or other air-circulation device (farting doesn't count) is a no go - then one of them gizmo's that plugs into a wall power socket and uses a strip of nasty chemicals to distract the mozzies.

i you're into hippie shit and stuff - burn numerous incense sticks - down side is that at some point you'll start a fire at point or your neighbors will think you've become a pot-smoking hippie and proceed to dob you in during the next Operation Judas.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: mozzie sensors... Wed, 06 April 2005 13:10 Go to previous message
If they see using infra red and find people via carbon dioxide maybe you could have a few plants in your room and an infra red spotlight.
Infrared spotlights are used frequently with surveilance equipment... you can pick one up at Jaycar, DSE, Altronics etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I made the leap from Regular to Junkie. Hurrah!
Next Topic:how to make a text link on toymods forum help please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 23:18:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005875825881958 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.