Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » North and South!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Tue, 03 May 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on the purchase TRD! Can't wait to hear what it is. Bad day to pick her up like Mookie said, it better be worth it. What are you doing with your supra?

Welcome Paseo Gal!!! Haven't seen you aboot, but there is a girl that drives a white Paseo to my work each day lately. Good little Toyota hey?
  Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohk we are meeting up in the sunday
can i get an indication of numbers as to who will be there ?

I'm still having a party at my house on saturday nite tho.
PM me for my address
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Wed, 04 May 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well,
1. me - GA63 Driver
2. mookie - GA63 Navigator
3. Big Aaron!! - AE86
4. Paseo Girl + Her pals
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Wed, 04 May 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 Cars!!! You guys need more people, this is North and South!

ATTENDEES CHECK IN PLEASE!

PS: Unfortunately I can't make it as you guys are probably aware. I'm bussing it to Launceston tomorrow, and returning mid Sunday for Mothers Day. Rolling Eyes However I might see ya'll roll past if ya'll go up the midlands at around 4pm?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Wed, 04 May 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra is off to Sydney today to pick up his new pride and joy. Wish him luck in his travels!

I'm trying to stir ya'll up for him!
paseo_gal
Newcomer

May 2005

Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey everyone,

Any ideas how long the cruise will go for? I just need a rough idea seeing as I better fit some time in for my mum seeing as it is mothers day lol. Very Happy

I am looking forward to meeting you all on sunday! Cool

Cheers

Nic Smile
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Nikki, sounds like they are making it take up most of the day but I'm sure you could bail any time you needed to. Smile

Bloody mothers, who needs em!? Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea what to buy my mother for mother's day.

Rainey is right we have no idea at all Laughing Laughing

Just leave whenever u have arranged to met you mum and maybe if we are still out you could come back afterwards.

Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie, just grab the latest Harris Scarfe catalogue, close your eyes and randomly put your finger on something towards the middle pages?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try that when my mum gets home with the newspaper.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember, if its over $20... lather, rinse and repeat Laughing
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i know own a 7MGTE in an MA61... far out it goes !! hills are effortless to this car! and its still goes fast and picks up at 5 psi! so next mod is more boost!
paseo_gal
Newcomer

May 2005

Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wicked so as long as I am home by some decent hour I dont think mum will care. She is not really into mothers day activities anyways so I guess that is a bonus!

Congrats Nick on the car too. Going to have lots of fun driving back to Hobart with no numberplates then Very Happy

Nic Smile
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick WTF are you doing still here? Should you be out gunnin' it somewhere?

Where's the plates? Temp rego?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Thu, 05 May 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be careful nick !
where are you ?
Big Azza
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: North and South! Fri, 06 May 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm gonna go for a few laps around the city tonight, I'll invite anyone that may be interested. There has to be more cars than that on Sunday.
congrats on the upgrade, TRD_Supra
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: North and South! Fri, 06 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Aaron
its kieran not sure if you got my email back, I did reply.
Im up for town, only in my wagon <white KE70 with standards> Confused might see u in there.
Give me a message or call or something 0415677745 that goes for anyone heading toward town
paseo_gal
Newcomer

May 2005

Re: North and South! Fri, 06 May 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there I will most likely be in town. Where abouts to meet and when?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Sat, 07 May 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big azza invite some ppl along i've got a few maybe depending on hangover etc.

Hopflly see you all tomorrow bright tailed and bushy eyed 10:30 at the dec carpark.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE !!!!!! Cool
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sat, 07 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i am back... yep the car fucking cains, i was cruising along hte highway just over taking people then i look down and 160k's effortlessly!! cool ey! unfortunaly i won't b bringing it out tomorrow as it is unrego'd i doubt anyone from launie is gunna show up, so i reckon we should make it just a hobart cruise, no one from launie has organised anything so i dunno wat do u guys say, plus i am not up for a huge crusie tomorrow as i had one myself today!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sat, 07 May 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i got some really bad news for u all... but mym family hsa organised to go out for a special mothers day, cause she just moved here etc etc and they only just told me, so i am not going to be able to make it... sorry if i spoilt anyone, everyones plans but i don't have any of your mobile numbers Embarassed Sad
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 16 May 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you guys end up having a cruise, i havn't been on here for ages! i probably won't be coming on any more curises cause if all goes to plan the FXGT will be sold soon!

You will all hate me, i'm planning on purchasing an R33 GTST
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Mon, 16 May 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it will be a big leap in power, y can't u still come on here i don't reckon anyone will care that u have a skyline, plus it gives me a chance to have a drag with someone with an R33!!
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Tue, 17 May 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone else i have told has said, get a toyota! although i like all import cars (and hate all aussie cars). I'll still kick about these forums aswell as twincam.org so i'll come on cruises if possible and try and kick some toyota ass Razz Toyotas are still my fav though, after all i have owned 4 of them in the last 3 years, every car i have ever owned has been a toyota!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Tue, 17 May 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u love toyota's y get a nissan ? ynot buy a JZA80 or JZA70 if u love toyota's ?
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Tue, 17 May 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like a jza80! however, the non turbo version is $5k more than an R33 GTST and the turbo version is getting on double the price of an R33 GTST. The JZA70s are a nice car although are rare in the JZ variant, i'm not really a fan of the 7mgte (no offence intended) either. The R33 is the bang for buck idea, cheep, new style, plenty of power, plenty of potential & there is enough about to beable to find a good one without there being to many to make them common.

I still like toyotas and plan on getting another as a sleeper project car in the not too distant future. would have to be an old school ke corolla (probably ke20 2 door) and then stuff it with plenty of power from something along the lines of a 4agze, that is just an idea at this point in time though.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Thu, 19 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat is wrong with the 7MGTE ? once the boost is cranked upto 10 my car will be quite capable of keeping up with a GTR, plus i have never raced but my car would be able to beat an R33. i have seen a JZA70 5 speed with full leather interior for $14k but thats if u want real power, rather than a common, boring nissan, but its your choice! the sleeper idea sounds good!!!
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Fri, 20 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even with 10psi i doubt you'd beat a GTR, maybe over 400m but not in real conditions.

I've had a couple of offers of $7k for the rolla now , just waiting to see if i get any better offers at the moment. I found a nice jza80 non-turbo for $18000 in victoria along with a few more decent looking R33s. At this point in time i'll probably go to victoria in a couple of months when i have a bit of time off work and look at a few ars in one hit.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Fri, 20 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a 1JZ 5 speed JZA70 black for sale on carsales for $14000 much better than a RB25DET, why dont u buy that instead of a R33 like everyone else or if you are buying a skyline save a little more not much more and get a R32 GTR? ive seen them going around the 20k mark. Why do you "hate" local cars? i prefere jap cars but i dont understand people that say local cars are extremely shit or arent good for anything when they are sometimes.??????????????????????????????? personally i like all cars some are just built for different purposes.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Fri, 20 May 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate so sound like i've got a stix up my ass but i'd assume we will get in shit if we don't try and keep it cruise related.
I'm not trying to be all high and mighty or anything like that it's just it's better if we moderate ourselves instead of it being done for us.

Please don't take any offence.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Sat, 21 May 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what you mean mookie! i'm just trying to decide which car to buy to come on the next cuise Smile

When i say i don't like local cars i am only refering to manufactures such as holden and ford, locally made jap cars are generally pretty good Wink sorry for the confusion, i wouldn't want holdens to be on the next cruise, that's all! then again, i probably can't come on the next cruise if i get a nissan Sad I think i saw the jza70 that you are refering to, there is also this one that has been on there for a while:

http://carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.pr ivate_vehicle?vehicle_id=2222901&current_rec=4 5&total_rec=101&sort_type=&price_max=7 0000&make_id=8&model_id=68&state_id=-1 &search_distance=25

I'd like t get that for the next cruise although i don't think it is a genuine jza70, rather a ma70 with a 1jz transplant.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Sat, 21 May 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After looking at a few more jza80s i don't think i'm that interested in the jza70s, can't beat the jza80 look! even if i do have to sacrifice a little power! the NA 2jz is actually nearly as powerful as the 7mgte!

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:25]

ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 22 May 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but the JZA80 NA 2JZ are slow they are too heavy for that engine ive seen one get beaten by a 4AG sprinter. you may aswell keep your corolla. and there was no confusion i was refering to holden and ford i wouldnt mind an APS kitted XR6 turbo, or a monaro there are some nice aussie cars out there. the drifting at baskerville yesterday wasnt that good they hired the track out but didnt say what for so this guy came down and told everyone to stop drifting. There were really only 3 cars doing it, a sleeper datto 1600 with SR20T, VU ss with a full spool, and a VN SS auto ute which was probly the best at it. And the dude that was in charge of the track said no more drift practice until the knobs from the mainland come down and show them how its done... even though there is no training day or anything you just enter the event and hope for the best. and they are only drifting one corner in reverse way which is normally the last corner comming onto the finish line. how F**KED up is that.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 22 May 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to start with... we have the GTR and me racing on film, and its pulling away not that quick... plus hte bloke that owned this GTR was like HOLY FUCK.. and he was telling me how loud my turbo was spooling!!! JZA80 NA are slow, i have seen a commodore beat them they are nothing exciting... and R33 are common and not overly exciting... in fact i bet one tonight driving home from army!
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 23 May 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not trying to start an arguement but you've only gotta look at targa a couple of weeks ago (along with many other events) You might beable to mod a 7mgte to beat a GTR in a straight line but that would be about it.

As for me choosing a new car, i'm not after the fastest car in the world, i'm simply after something with a bit of power, new styling and comfortable to drive. And i'll bring it on the next cruise Smile or if it it does happen to be a nissan i'll bring the FXGT on the next cruise.

I have a nice JZA80 lined up, there is another dude looking at it tonight but if he decides against it it will be mine! only annoying bit is that i have to go to NSW to get it.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:12]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Mon, 23 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't c y u would want to spend $20k+ on a car like that if it doesn't go that well
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 23 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only $15k + about an extra $1k by the time it is on the road and registered for this particular one, it also has 18"s with new tyres and a suttle kit. They have 186kw and do 0-100kmph in 6.7secs with a sub 15s 400m.

quick times and power isn't the only thing in a car, if it was i'd have $20k spent on a ke20 with a 20b or something along those lines. You can't beat the look of a JZA80 either (in my opinion anyway).
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Fri, 27 May 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok but ud just look like a poser then wouldnt u? i couldnt handle that having a fast looking car that wasnt fast... id much rather go than show, well then why dont u buy a KE20 and put a 13b bridgeport in spray it bright orange it will be cheaper and ud turn more heads with that awsome sounding bridgy and go alot faster. is that you corolla in the trading post for 6k? is it a 4AG?
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Fri, 27 May 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree about the JZA80 they are my favorite car but they just arent complete without the 2JZ. your not one of those ppl who like full on undrivalbe show cars are you? why dont you get something that will do atleast a low 14 and thrash V8 commodores you cant beat the look on their face they get so cut.
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Fri, 27 May 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres an SW20 turbo for close to 15,000 in the trading post they have similar styling to the JZA80 but are quicker and more nimble than the NA version and its in tas so you dont have to go to NSW to get a supra when u could be twice as happy with a turbo MR2
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyT18 wrote on Fri, 27 May 2005 20:43

i agree about the JZA80 they are my favorite car but they just arent complete without the 2JZ. your not one of those ppl who like full on undrivalbe show cars are you? why dont you get something that will do atleast a low 14 and thrash V8 commodores you cant beat the look on their face they get so cut.

come on mate, how is a near stock jza80 an "undrivable show car"? and it does have the 2jz, just the GE non turbo version. It isn't the fastest car in the world but it sure shits all over 4age corollas which is what i have previously had. I'm not looking for a show car or a drag car, i'm over all that. I'm going to pick up the jza80 next saturday, here is a pic although you guys don't seem to like this kind of thing:

http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/1a/4c/5c_1_b.JPG

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck em !
I like it i look forward to seeing you/it one day in the not too distant future
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be keen to bring the supra down to hobart soon after i get it and go on a cruise. The only cruises i have been on so far have been twincam.org ones, they are generally pretty good although mainly corollas. I doubt that many of those guys would be interested in going to the midlands or anything like that though. last time we went to primroe sands (is that what it is called???) which was pretty cool although it was 36 degrees that day! the one before was only short and was really a meet to checkout each others rides, there was a decent turnout too!

here are a couple more pics for those who are interested:

http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/1a/54/62_1_b.JPG

http://i3.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/1a/7a/d3_1_b.JPG
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't wait for u to bring it down so my $8500 car can blow yer $16k off the road!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But he will be surrounded but hot chicks Rolling Eyes
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i never said it was an undriveable show car i said are you the kind of person that likes those sort of cars? and i meant 2JZGTE sorry. let me say that again they are incomplete without turbos like most jap cars that weigh as much as a commodore
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Sat, 28 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the orignial paint on the supra?
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyT18: it was resprayed that colour roughly 4 years ago. I am not interested in undrivable show cars or any show cars for that matter, i simply want a nice looking new style car, something that will last me a while!!! the only car show i have even been to in the last couple of years was tassienats and that was absolutly shit!

TRD_Supra: As i keep telling you, i am not interested in a drag car and i don't give a shit if your car can beat mine. Every other aspect of my car other than acceleration and probably top speed is going to be significantly better than yours!
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cam i like the car and when u get it we will go out and bring in da honeys Razz
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do u need a car to pull chicks?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol u don't but it helps
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat about fuel economy? my engine has 10k's on it ? so she is pretty tight so far i got about 550k's from 30L of premo that is a PB for me, as for looks yes i will give u the advantage for looks, but i think thats about it. looks are the only thing yer car has an advantage over mine in
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love the supra cam. Sure beats any MA61 anyday, specially the silver ones, hehe. I dont know why some of you are calling it a show car. Its a dam good lookin car and if i could ever make my MA61 looks as good as that (it never will) i'd be laughing. *sniff sniff* yeh... jealousy i smell emanating from a silver MA61.

Good luck with you car cam and cant wait to see it someday
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it the silver supra has so jealusly its come out at only 5 psi so far
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: North and South! Sun, 29 May 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks hell tuff, is the rest of the car like engine bay all that colour too? i still cant agree with buying one though sorry.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 30 May 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
under the bonnet is still silver (original colour), inside hte doors, boot etc has all been matched. i never mentoned that i need the car to pull chicks but if it does then that is a bonus Wink
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: North and South! Mon, 30 May 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see why it's such an issue what car cam buys seen as tho it's cams.

Nick with all due respect this might come as a shock to you but not eerybody has the same taste in cars as you.

Cam when do you pick it up ?
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 30 May 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly what i have been trying to say mookie!

I'm going over to syd on saturday and my flatmate is bringing it back on the boat on monday. Gotta sell the FXGT rolla now Sad
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: North and South! Mon, 30 May 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am not saying that cam has to go out and buy a car exactly like mine, infact i am so glad he isn't i like being unique! but wat i am saying is, and i am agreeign with ryan, u r going on about how u want to get a Kxxx rolla and put a 13/20B turbo in it... y not do that then u will get heaps more attention from that, it will absolutely cain if not pull wheel stands, cost probably less to do it and u will have felt like u have achieved something! Furfill your dreams you one! then u will see the truth
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: North and South! Mon, 30 May 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I never "went on" about the idea of an old school rolla with a powerful engine. Infact, i think i have only mentioned it once on this forum!

The old school corolla idea with a 4agze, 13bt (isert other small powerful motor) would only be for a second car cause i want my main car to be a daily driver that is still very drivable. I will get something along the lines of an old school corolla or possible ta22 towards the end of the year and start a project, providing the FXGT has sold by then Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:37]

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:next outings in hobart
Next Topic:NT Drag Titles
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:54:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090529918670654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.