Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have always said, wheels can MAKE or BRAKE a car Very Happy .

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/srs.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and they my friend, MAKE that car. Laughing Laughing

hehehe hehehe hehehe
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 11:02

Guys im thinking about getting a nice exhaust for the soarer , is it better to get it done here or import one of the direct bolt in ones from Japan ,

Also im getting neons on the soarer for under car its already got blue led parkers , and ive ordered some purple under car neon’s do u think its going to look good , I didn’t go blue cause everyone one has blue ,

Maybe hot pink

What u think

i know its a rice idea but neons married to a soarer will have people wondering

wtf was that baaahahahahahahaha

its only for that reason

also need that fron bar changed isnt that black soarer have the dianan bar or am i dreaming

is that the one tt5oar is making

whatever its is hope the cooler will be able to be seen hehehe thats the only reason i changed mine

cant even see anything atm its as stealth as it can be but unfotunately the car isnt quick hahahahahaha

yeh mate thats the 1 i am gettin some1 2 copy but they r takin their dam time...its the guys boss's fault so im doin everythin i can..
but i can get some1 2 ship 1 out from japan but it will cost like 3000 4 the whole kit .. but tahts y im gettin some1 2 copy it
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what price are we loking at for the copied front bar

Also will there be driving light slots included in it

Plus id say that the bar is a bit too low for Australian roads might have to take the bottom bit of it up a little bit otherwise its gonna be scrape heaven
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I get a hybrid frontmount I might just chop my front bar in the middle...

If done right it may look OK.

and I can mount my numberplate in the bottom corner DORIFFFTOOOO STYYYLEES! Shocked
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah cant do too much of other metal brackets and shite in there that will be visible like dogs balls if u cut the whole front bar off that’s why I haven’t done it yet it will def look nice but the other stuff that will be visible will ruin the whole thing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would mount the intercooler flush with the bar, so that the cut section reveals only the intercooler... of course.

Probably use some fibreglass to smooth off the edges back to the intercooler, it would be a hell of a job, but how satisfying would it be after you've finished!!
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, this is mine with the middle bit cut out..
http://www.arach.net.au/~earthweb/pics/gz203.jpg
Same as my avatar.
The intercooler is painted black so you can't see it though and the bumper support that went through the middle has been cut out. Now that I know cutting the bumper support is illegal as it's structual I'll have to find another one. So I'll probably put some black mesh in there to hide the support bar when I get another one.

- Chris.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 04:55]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that MZ21 bar looks so much better Sad
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there all, just what would be better for the front shocks of a Gz20,
Monroe/ kyb / pedders

thanks for your help

Eddie
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darola wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 16:13

Hey there all, just what would be better for the front shocks of a Gz20,
Monroe/ kyb / pedders

thanks for your help

Eddie

I have busted monroes and heard pedders are crap, KYB is the way to go, and they nearly cost double too, but you get what you pay for.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:51

Well, this is mine with the middle bit cut out..
http://www.arach.net.au/~earthweb/pics/gz203.jpg
Same as my avatar.
The intercooler is painted black so you can't see it though and the bumper support that went through the middle has been cut out. Now that I know cutting the bumper support is illegal as it's structual I'll have to find another one. So I'll probably put some black mesh in there to hide the support bar when I get another one.

- Chris.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT MY CAR LOOKS LIKE

xcept mines has slimline number plates in the middle center so it covers a bit of the gap lolllll

but even with all that the cooler still cant bee seen and yeah i didnt cut the bumper support i wanted to but left it u will not be able to mount the cooler flush with the bar if the support is still there (merudo)
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckit, out it will go then

i doubt they'll notice you don't have a bumper support... as long as the thing isn't sagging or something

and in the interests of safety, i shall brace it where it wont be visible anyway...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah driving without bumper support in the freeway i wuldnt reccomend
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it cant possibly be the only support can it??

why am i asking these questions,ive got one of them in my backyard! LOL

brb:P
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm running KYB struts and Dobison springs.
Used to be on my mates JZA70 Supra and they seem to be pretty decent. Still, I wouldn't mind coilovers though.

- Chris.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've still got the left and right side of the support there, only the middle piece was cut out so it wouldn't be seen when the number plate area was cut out. So it's still pretty solid.
My problem is I have to go to the vehicle inspection centre so the 1JZ conversion and JZA70 brake conversion can be permitted, and I'm sure they'll spot it there.

- Chris.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 09:24]

earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 15:34

THATS EXACTLY WHAT MY CAR LOOKS LIKE

xcept mines has slimline number plates in the middle center so it covers a bit of the gap lolllll

Side view...
http://www.arach.net.au/~earthweb/pics/gz202.jpg

- Chris
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 12:09

I have always said, wheels can MAKE or BRAKE a car Very Happy .

http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/srs.jpg

Man, that Soarer looks so horn.

- Chris.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb

i'll give you my soul for that bodykit?
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 18:06

earthweb

i'll give you my soul for that bodykit?

LOL Laughing

Nah, that's okay Smile
It's factory fitted and I wouldn't give it up unless I was fitting an aftermarket kit.
I come across the factory kit often when I rumage through auctions.yahoo.co.jp nothing's together. It's either front bar, rear bar and side skirts being sold by different people.
Just type in things like "GZ20", "MZ20", "Soarer", "1G-GTE", etc in the search box in the top left corner and click on all the blue links to see what they are. Most have a bit of english words in them to understand what they are, the others are 100% Japanese so just click and see what comes up.

- Chris.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, I don't have many pics of the 1JZ conversion, so I'll just post these two...

1G-GTE coming out...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/earthweb/1G_Out.jpg

1JZ-GTE bolted up...

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/jz20_2.jpg

You can see what I mean about the bumper support bar, where only the middle bit is cut out.

- Chris.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 11:24]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a pair of Kyb rear shocks brand new in the box which i bought for my car and then got hold of a pair of adjustable coilovers so there they've sat since collecting dust. If your interested i'll give em to ya for less than what you can find em elsewhere for.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My intercooler sits back a little bit behind the bumper support, so i intend to have some steel plate welded up on all sides around the hole that has been cut

The engineer should be more than happy with the extra vertical reinforcing that was never there before.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 12:21]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

I just decided to see what error codes (if any) my car was pulling and it's returning a code 22 i think

(flash flash.... pause for 4 seconds or so... flash flash...)

and it just repeats that, so i guess it's a code 22...

What does code 22 mean?

Cheers
James
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok,i just looked it up now that i've searched

http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/1GGTEU%2 0diagnostics.doc

Laughing

and it says that error 22 is this -

22 Water thermo sensor signal
Open or short circuit in coolant temperature sensor

Possible Trouble Area

1. Coolant temp. circuit
2. Coolant temp. sensor
3. ECU

now how in the hell do i go about fixing that Sad

I just replaced the thermostat but i dont know if the error code was always occuring.....

Where is the coolant temp sensor? because my temp gauge reads fine... that's what i dont get...

Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there all, well i found some KYB shocks for the front, and they r the cheapest out of all as well, $295 for the pair

not to bad at all

Eddie
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those who have installed a gauge in their aircon vent on the drivers side, how difficulkt was it to plumb all the wiring into the engine bay? cause ive got my gauge and i want to install it this weekend.

also, if anyone has any advice for my post regarding error code 22 and how to rectify it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
James
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 13 July 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coolant temp sensor will be somewhere around the thermostat usually it got a plug that looks like an injector plug mybe remove and clean it , might help , other than that i dunno

iil post pics of what my gauge looks like its on the a pillar so u still keep the aircon vent
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not gonna put mine on the pillar because i prefer the look of it in the vent, its legal, and that vent doesnt vent air anyway. Razz lol

but yeah i was just wondering how you piped the vacuum hose and wires for the backlight of the gauge (i was just going to hook these into the ACC so that when i turn the car on the gauge lights up... but was instead thinking maybe i could have it so the gauge only lights up when I turn the headlights /parkers on... i dunno yet

also i'm glad new leads are on the way because i've noticed that the car only misfires when its warm... when its cold it runs 100%.

so i think something might when heating up be causing the misfiring!

the car pulls very well when cold or just after running for like 30-40 seconds... however once its up to operating temp the damn things starting to feel like it's not even coming on boost at all!

this wouldnt be related to my code 22 would it?

and what fuse do i have to pull and for how long to reset the ECU?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 02:13]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ecu fuse Razz or you could just disconnect the battery but that means resetting clocks and other shit Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kinda figured that, wasnt sure if there was other associated fuses that needed to be pulled.

and if you just unclip the battery IIRC you need to leave it off for longer, whereas the fuse for the ECU you just have to take it out for 60 seconds or something
GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
resetting the ecu is a matter of unplugging the battery for a few hours isnt it?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pull the EFI fuse for 5mins, that clears the memory.

The temp guage has NOTHING to do with the ecu temp sensor.

Merudo, pull the EFI fuse, put it back in, drive car for a few days, recheck codes.

If its still there, look at the green 2 wire temp sensor, test it.
If its faulty, replace it.

And I know you are going to ask me how to test it, so
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_1 13.gif
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha

cheers mate.

also, just got a package from the post offie now...

it's my new leads and cam valley cover!!

no longer will i have that big gap there, and the incorrect leads!

hopefully this will cure my misfiring. Smile

thanks for your help cruzsida. I do really appreciate it. Smile
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 14 July 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little OT, does anyone know what the mesh wheels with the dish are on that Soarer above? Fairly horn...
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys, anyone need a part for there soarer 'may' be in luck. I have an MZ21 GT limited auto soarer which is gonna be sold off in parts. I'm taking what i need for my new one (mainly interior items and wheels) but still leaves plenty up for grabs. The motor has a blown piston but otherwise complete and can still be started. I have a spare set of adjustable coilovers, spare high flow turbo, 3" exhaust, BOV, fuel cut defender on top of standard accesories which come on the car which none of those i need on my new 1j beast. Also any panels etc i may have too.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WE NEED SOME PICS MATEY

AND DRIVER/PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW SPOKEN FOR MERUDO , I KNOW HE NEED ONE OF EM

ALSO HOW MUCH U WANT FOR THE WHOLE EXHAUST

PICS ARE VERY IMPORTANT Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLEASE LET ME BUY YOUR DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW (AT LEAST) OFF OF YOU. I HAVE NOT HAD A DRIVERS DOOR WINDOW FOR OVER TWO WEEKS NOW! Embarassed
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dun worry matey i alredy put in first dibs on it for you wasnt sure which window so i said both lollllllllllll

come on help the guy out
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 12:26

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dun worry matey i alredy put in first dibs on it for you wasnt sure which window so i said both lollllllllllll

come on help the guy out

Cheers mate i saw your post

i just wanted to make it real clear that im sick of catching the bus to the station because i cant drive my car due to lack of window!!!

plus these cruises to penrith at midnight etc are KILLING ME!!!!111

so cold brrr

i went to krispy kreme on a cruise late at night, had two jackets a jumper and a beanie on, and a blanket over the top of me and my passenger... she and I were still freezing cold :s

BUT I STILL WENT! BWHAHAHA

James + soarer 1

elements 0

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 02:32]

GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha she must be keen on you if she went along with that mate! Razz

Wheres your ingenuity....MDF and duct tape!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GreyWolfe wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 12:57

haha she must be keen on you if she went along with that mate! Razz

Wheres your ingenuity....MDF and duct tape!

LOL

she's just a friend... but she REALLY wanted to go... i wasn't gonna say no, but I made sure to illustrate that the lack of a glass object to keep the cold penrith midnight winds out, and the threat of rain (which it did rain, all over me, on the freeway home) is bad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i sympathise my car has no fans cos i CBF fixing em so to stop the car fogging up i drive with the drivers window down atleast half way, hehe was rather cold on my trip to golbourn a month back.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true,

but you have the CHOICE to wind your window up.

Alas, I do not.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really cos then i can't see where i am driving Sleep Sleep Sleep Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Skull - Mad Skull - Mad
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i catch your drift about the window, or shall i say draft Laughing Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

Just took photo's but i'm scratching my head as i can't see the upload file part to put them up, anyone know why.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless you're a paying toymods member you can only upload pictures in the for sale section.

try using www.imageshack.us

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you mean as a member you can upload images anywhere you sure, nobody told me that. Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember reading that financial members of toymods could upload pictures anywhere on the forum Confused Confused

Am I wrong? Confused Embarassed
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am a paying toymods member but!?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit

I guess I am wrong then

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar_ry 2 beat ya

you have PM
shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto that Wink

Regards,
Shane
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar_ry 2 beat ya wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 12:07

ok guys, anyone need a part for there soarer 'may' be in luck. I have an MZ21 GT limited auto soarer which is gonna be sold off in parts. I'm taking what i need for my new one (mainly interior items and wheels) but still leaves plenty up for grabs. The motor has a blown piston but otherwise complete and can still be started. I have a spare set of adjustable coilovers, spare high flow turbo, 3" exhaust, BOV, fuel cut defender on top of standard accesories which come on the car which none of those i need on my new 1j beast. Also any panels etc i may have too.

DUDE! IM COMING TO PILLAGE THAT CAR!

you have a PM.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please god no one buy that drivers side window. Embarassed
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feel free to come have a look mate
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 15 July 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i'll come down tomorrow to buy that window off you if you like Wink LOL

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 11:40]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys anyone know if any other cars share the same power steering pump as the 1g-gte soarer mines started to squeak like hell

Sad Sad Sad Sad

cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 16 July 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mad

undiagnosed oil leak...

have to investigate more ;o

[Updated on: Sun, 17 July 2005 22:44]

Pages (51): [ «  <  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:53:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014622926712036 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.