Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One way or another how about some time in August. We'll get as much together then and see what we can do?
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift Nationals are on at mallala in august, as long as its not that weekend i am definitiely in Smile
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
august sounds good to me
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep lets get something organised ill have 3 Z20 to bring along Smile
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 24 April 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope my car will b ready 4 then
but at the moment sounds alright
wher in canberra r we goin or wat/???
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Know where i can find the front, rear and side skirts for the MZ20?
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys, Wouldnt b sweet even just 10 old school Soarers in one place. If we can organise more than 15 cars and get together. I can get a dyno just for us in Hornsby area in Sydney. Dont think this would be a problem. Can probably get HPI to run a story or something. G
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be AWESOME!

I would soo turn up for that.
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That could be fun, nice long drive.

Hopefully car is ready by then.... Sad getting this auto out is taking much longer than I expected.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought for sure the fully sick no driveshaft mod wouldve improved performance Razz

it seems a popular thing for manual conversions for these!

CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 23:06

i thought for sure the fully sick no driveshaft mod wouldve improved performance Razz

Oh it does, it's worth an extra 50kw... unfortunately it doesn't make it to the wheels...
Very Happy
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snail wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 19:31

Hi Guys, Wouldnt b sweet even just 10 old school Soarers in one place. If we can organise more than 15 cars and get together. I can get a dyno just for us in Hornsby area in Sydney. Dont think this would be a problem. Can probably get HPI to run a story or something. G

sounds mad
i liv 10 mins from hornsby and ite even b able 2 find another place 2 dyno cars if that place is 2 xpensive?
r u talkin about the 1 up the top of salisbury rd??or near that?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 25 April 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 12:31

ditto that
if any1 can find just stock sideskirts i will get em asap and pay good cash!!
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez everyone wanting sideskirts i might have mine removed and get some copies made up and sell them Smile

TT_50AR wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 01:34

ditto that

cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 10:16

Geez everyone wanting sideskirts i might have mine removed and get some copies made up and sell them Smile

if you could do that and for a good price id be interested

maybe as a group buy or something im pretty sure some people would be interested

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 02:23]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 10:46

TT_50AR wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 01:34

ditto that

oh man that would b sweet
if u dont kno any1 that would copy em i kno some ppl and should b able 2 work out a good price!!!
Nathan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite i dint see this thread

mine is a 1988 gz20 soarer gt-l with the bluish grey interior hehehehehehe

lowered 3 inches i think, blitz supersound bov, boost gauge jvc mp3 player and 12 inch mtx sub and pioneer(tweeter) and jaycar(woofer)splits
17 inch white rims

hmmm thats it i think rest is stock

anyone know how to post pics here lollllllll i dont have a account with hosting sites
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gonna keep an eye on this thread. Contemplated a MZ20 soarer insted of the aw11. Mr2 i found was to nice to resist though.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian, go to www.photobucket.com and host your pics there, i really would like too see your car, also get blk1GGTE to post some too, as his looks pretty damn nice Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 06:00]

mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay im in this to i got mz twin turbo soarer droped 3and half inchs with mods pics will be up soon
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ius the 7M twin turboed? or has it had a 1JZ conversion?
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probly a 1g with a bit of confussion on the model codes
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also am after a stock kit - have been lookin for ages but never found any Sad
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 26 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should try finding kits for the Z1 i just dont think they exist
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any people with rollcages could you please look here Smile

to fit or not to fit?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 02:35]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn i can register on that site Mad Mad for some reasons anyone want to host some pics for me Very Happy Very Happy

bodykits are only available in the do luck style any other ones either cant be found on the net or may be custom made ive seen plenty different ones though

i have pics but dunno how to post them , is there anywhere on this forum which has the browse button so i can upload from my pc Sad

i think its better to custom make by getting some pics of the net and showing the bodykit place what u want
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email them too me ill host them, i have a premium photobucket account...

della@airnet.com.au
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is indian's car, i didnt put the interior shots up dude becuase they were too big, i might have to resize them or something.

but here are the exterior shots and goddamn its nice!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/41156.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/41155.jpg
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yayyyyyyyy finally some shots of my baby thanks mr 1g
hopefully can get the interior shots too , its the rare bluish grey colour interior i bet not many of u have seen it , hehehehehe

Btw anyone here getting the flutter noise from their 1g-gte soarer when backing off the throttle , like the sound that comes off the salvias and 180 sx cars

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 04:55]

snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice clean car Indian. Y isnt it on your avatar? Can get the WALD kits but shit expensive. Had it quoted at 3-3.5 Gs landed. But its shit hot. See if I can find a picture of it. G
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks snail , yeah just havent been able to resize it to put it on , plus i found the suby one alredy like that so just whacked that on , the pic doesnt do it any justice m, (what happens when u buy cheap digital camera) but iil get some more nicer photos and post it up

cheers
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 14:30

yayyyyyyyy finally some shots of my baby thanks mr 1g
hopefully can get the interior shots too , its the rare bluish grey colour interior i bet not many of u have seen it , hehehehehe

Btw anyone here getting the flutter noise from their 1g-gte soarer when backing off the throttle , like the sound that comes off the salvias and 180 sx cars

mate just put a pod filter on and u should get the flutter and also helps wit a bov aswell
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested in these WALD kits, maybe i can scam one of my sponsors to pay for it Smile

if you could get pics george that would be supoib
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah all thats been tried still no go , i have a blitz supersound bov on it , and have a stock airbox cut open for more airflow , usually thats enuf for the noise , but maybe i need to actually put on a pod filter im leaning towrdsa the flap in the afm stopping the noise coming out but few other people have had the flutter come from their vane afm equipped cars thats why ive been asking specifically for only 1g-gte engines,

maybe i should rephrase it

anyone with an ig-gte soarer who has the flutter noise plese respond by telling me how u have modified ur soarer lolllllll

cheers
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snail wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 15:07

Nice clean car Indian. Y isnt it on your avatar? Can get the WALD kits but shit expensive. Had it quoted at 3-3.5 Gs landed. But its shit hot. See if I can find a picture of it. G

is this it??
i emailed heeeeeeeeps of ppl about the wald kit and they said they dont make it anymore!!

http://www.sydneycruising.com/albums/album02/600x389_2004091700038.jpg
http://www.sydneycruising.com/albums/album02/600x379_2004091700037.jpg
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey indian u dont wanna sell ur side skirts do u?? i will pay good cash
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah noway man my car has the full gt-l spec body kit sorry dude cant do the gt-l also came with the blue inerior and also had a moon roof (sunroof as we call it here)Also has the rear bumper pods and the boot lid spoiler, and also premium sound system (carriozeria) {spelling} made by pioneer were the speakers plus nakamichi cassette and equaliser , now im looking for a front lip for the front bumper bar they make the car look much better

guys u need to check out the do luck body kit its heaps better than the wald one please i beg u to have alook and u will know what u guys are missing out on its farking hottttttttt

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 05:54]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian you wont get the same flutter you get on a nissan, i dont know why but SR's and CA's are the only cars that get it a lot Smile

mmmmm do luck kit mmmmmm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/DOLuckkitrear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/DOLuckkitfront.jpg

and that wald kit is goddamn HOT!

i love it!
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i prefer the factorty kit, with that real small extra front lip

all u need to do i cut out the front for more air floow, and it loooks real good

gotta be low though

ROss
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the lip im talkign about in rossco signature me want one of them and yes need to be lowered to make the lip stand out mmmmmmmmmmmmm might get one custom made shouldnt be hard i supose
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where the hell would you go to get something custom made for cars like ours?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ any decent fibreglasser should be able to do it Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't need a mould?

Can they just work off photos?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure good ones can Smile

just ring around dude Smile
mz soarer
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put a pod and u will get the fluter like mine sounds mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D0 luck = teh phat!
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not really a fan of the front of that wald kit but i like the skirts
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz soarer wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 20:24

put a pod and u will get the fluter like mine sounds mad

wat kinda pod u got??
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehas a mz20 soarer single turbo ive bben told the twin turbos are the ones that dont flutter for some reason plus the mz20 turbo is bigger some will def flutter , what im wondering is weter the afm in the mz20 is a vane type afm , if so then the theory about the flap closing and preventing the sound coming out is bullshit Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going with a mate too look at an MZ20 Aerocabin this afternoon, he wants me to come with him for my opinion on the car and too look for rust spots...my car has 0% rust, I was wondering if any of you guys had rust in certain areas of the car?

Cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 27 April 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only got some minor surface rust on the bootlid, because of the removed lexus badge (yes, one of the previous owners put a lexus badge on there, and left huge fuckin holes in the boot from when they ripped it off)
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 09:14

im going with a mate too look at an MZ20 Aerocabin this afternoon, he wants me to come with him for my opinion on the car and too look for rust spots...my car has 0% rust, I was wondering if any of you guys had rust in certain areas of the car?

Cheers

umm in the boot... wen u open the boot around the boot lip... so check out 4 that...
like under the rubber area etc
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah mines got a tiny bit of rust on the top of the door and in the engine bay most of the bolts near the headlights and bonnet release lever are rusted
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 08:35

what im wondering is weter the afm in the mz20 is a vane type afm

The 7M-GTE uses a karman vortex style AFM

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf
Page 7

Justin
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That bottom black one looks like a skyline. they both look awesome but!
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you open my boot ive got a little bit of rust on the inside of it seems to be common
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, making enquiries about the factory kits and the WALD kits. Let you know when i find out. Just on the side, i have two mates with Soarers 4sale. One is a GZ20 manual gen3 other is a MZ20 auto. They are NSW rego'd. Pls pm if interested. I dont wanna clog up this thread. Cheers G
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh joy. another MANUAL one.

Why the hell are they so common in MANUAL now!!!!!

***rocks back and forth repeating "i want a manual" ***
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 13:34

oh joy. another MANUAL one.

Why the hell are they so common in MANUAL now!!!!!

***rocks back and forth repeating "i want a manual" ***

save up and do a conversion you lazy bastard Razz
Pages (51): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:13:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017937898635864 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.