Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah k
Wasn't sure.
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:03

Ah k
Wasn't sure.

its cool

I woulde thought they would have called 1JZ turbos something other than CT12a considering the 1G ones are called CT12

*scratches head*
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:55

Are you buying just a motor?

or a front cut?

An MA70 front cut will bolt in

If you buy just the engine, then you'll need to get the mount with it.
I believe the later MA70's share the JZA70 crossmember, so if you get one of them you'll have to source early 7M mounts, not that that will be much of a struggle.

its a 7m out of a soarer.. so mz20 and yeh its just the egnine im gettin.... so i gotta get the mounts with it.
so basically swappin same saorer 2 same saorer but just changin engine...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:01

indian wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 12:22

hahahaha wait till u ride in a 1jzgte soarer u will then know what revs and tourque feels like togeter lolll if that makes sense hahahaha
not saying the 7m is shite ok but yeah 1j kicks arse big time ive never been in one put into a older soarer but the z30 ones go hard stock so i can imagine one in a z20 soarer

Fcuk you talk shit.

YOU FOOL UR THE ONE TALKING SHITE REALLY
at least i had something car related to say so u fcukkk offf and come back when u have something proper to say rather than try to pick on those who have said something

and yeah if u still havent noticed its a soarer dedicated thread so if u dont have anything to say about the soarer then SHUT THE FCUK UP
apologies to everyone else reading this but him

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 06:17]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shit batman calm down Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit

soarer owners only spread love...

make love not war
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just typing what everyones thinking buddy! Rolling Eyes You obviously don't entirely know what your on about, so rather than mashin' away at the keyboard, sit back and think if it is either a:

a) completely rubbish
or
b) worthy

post you are about to embark upon!
siddVenkatesan
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks anyway - Longer term plan is to get 200rwkw - not a huge target, but after living for 2 years with a busted turbo car, I think i deserve just a little bit of power Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:23

no shit

make love not war

soarer owners ONLY spread love?

but you spread wicked skids as well!

can't we spread love and wicked skids too? Razz

PLEEAAASE?!

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I concur! More skids - Celsior stylez! Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I guess the people have spoken Razz

new diff and exhaust go on the soarer some time this week so ill prolly be able to rep something Wink

celsior will be skiddin after compliance Razz
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:34

MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:23

no shit

make love not war

soarer owners ONLY spread love?

but you spread wicked skids as well!

can't we spread love and wicked skids too? Razz

PLEEAAASE?!

amen to that merudo Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 11:39]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we know you will, with that Z20 1JZ monster that has a turbo with an inlet the size of my head on it
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eventually when i get the bloody thing on the road. Hit another snag on the weekend. Got the microtech wired up and got it on the laptop only to come to a halt in proceedings. It's looking although to be confirmed that the cam sensor has gone by the fact that we weren't getting the readings comin back on the laptop. So gotta suss that and get a 1j cam sensor, anyone? and then pick up where we left off. Learing the virtue of patience with these cars, can't wait to get driving it, believe dat
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Microtech needs to see BOTH the 12pulse per rev and 1 pulse per rev before it will start firing injectors.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey steve i really like the way your soarer rides...those springs are much better then my current setup...just curious where u got them...i seen the king lows for sale on here but...don't know how they compare to lovells springs...which are stiffer..
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious how many of youz are from melbourne....i wouldn't mind organazing a z soarer cruze one day...it would be a rare sight too see that many z soarers together at once
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know its probably in this thread somewhere but does anyone have a bendix number for rear brake pads for the GZ20 as I think mine are completely and utterly fucked...

then again setting them on fire...twice...will do that Rolling Eyes
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 23:35

Microtech needs to see BOTH the 12pulse per rev and 1 pulse per rev before it will start firing injectors.

so from what your saying make sense with what we came up with being the cam sensor being faulty?
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey yall

still having problems with my soarer turning to shit once it heats up man.

man, these motors are problematic for simple small motors. Speaking of which, plz, plz, somebody tell me how to tell if my turbos are busted (but not blowing smoke), it feels like im way short on power.

BTW, ran the car with no exhaust after the dump for a day, sounds f00kin crazy, u can here the turbos spooling loudly, and then it pops and fires on the way down, l0l Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 16:19]

93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners, my car is booked in at the throttle shop on monday to get the steel wheels fitted, talking to nathan there he seems pretty genuine so i'll let you know what there work is like.

you can get ct12a hybrids with steel wheels, i think the wheels are from the starlet ct9's or something. for twins second hand (5000kms) i picked em up for $2500 with twin 3inch dump.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 23:42

Hey steve i really like the way your soarer rides...those springs are much better then my current setup...just curious where u got them...i seen the king lows for sale on here but...don't know how they compare to lovells springs...which are stiffer..

yeah man they are pretty comfy compared to yours eh , i reckon its because u compressed the stock ones that they are so stiff but will be the best for handling
i think the kings should do as well as the lovells

And yeah another thing I was thinking about is the lag in ur car , its def the intercooler piping man its too restrictive that’s why I noticed a big difference in mine when I changed it to the 2.5 inch ones I have in it atm so maybe try doing that , and also u car taking ages to warm up maybe check that problem out but yeah the car sound like a tough one with that zorst
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 15 August 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the car's taking a lon time to warm up, check the thermostat. its easy as piss to check it and inspect it, but you'll have to take the left side of the metal piping that comes off the turbos and goes over the rocker cover to get at the thermostat...

but its only a few minutes work, and its worth it to inspect

VeeP, mine is the same still!

It appears that mine is an electrical issue when the car warms up, a massive buildup of resistance somewhere.

if you could do me a favour, start your car somewhere where it is pitch black, turn off your lights, pop the bonnet and see if you see your spark plug leads glowing blue anywhere along them.

inspect the ends as well

make sure there is no light.
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 00:10

I know its probably in this thread somewhere but does anyone have a bendix number for rear brake pads for the GZ20 as I think mine are completely and utterly fucked...

then again setting them on fire...twice...will do that Rolling Eyes

DB431AD
and
DB413AD (maybe the rears but dont quote me on it)

I not too sure which is the front or rear though, but any automotive place can tell you...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
legend!

my brakes are SHOCKING again, they still work fine but are making more noise than EVER...

its as if when i got the pads changed they never did change them

$180 down the drain, ill be doing it myself from now on...

(nb: that included machining of discs etc too)

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 00:42]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for that shiznac...

thats for stock GZ20 yeah?

i.e. not the 300mm MA70 front brakes?

I should prolly do the fronts as well soon

and merudo, machining isnt difficult or time consuming, $180 to change your brake pads is rediculous considering the amount of time it takes, especially when you have access to things like a hoise and air tools
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was inclusive with the cost of pads too

so that was

-pads

-disc machining

-labour

all for 180

either way, i reckon i got gypped

so ill be doing that myself next time anyway

besides, that was when i first got the car. I'm a fair bit more confident with poking around under the engine bay let alone doing brake pads
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JZA70/MZ70/MZ20 and GZ20 are all the same no matter of rotor size...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soar_ry 2 beat ya wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:23

so from what your saying make sense with what we came up with being the cam sensor being faulty?

Yeah.
I was gonna call them Crank and Cam angle sensor, as the 1UZ has one on the crank, and one on the cam, but I think the 1JZ has them both in the old dizzy location.

The Crank sensor will be the 24tooth on, and the Cam sensor will be the 2 tooth one (if its the same as 7mgte, it may only be 1 tooth).

But yeah, the Microtech needs to read these both for 2 complete revolutions before it will fire and injectors/coils.

The laptop display doesn't even read RPM until they are both picked up.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:52

JZA70/MZ70/MZ20 and GZ20 are all the same no matter of rotor size...

id have to agree with him only because i know when i changed my brake pads they didnt know what a gz20 soarer brake pad looked like so i told them to look up a ma70 supra as they Shared most of the suspension components so the guy there got a set of ma70 supra brake pads off the shelf and compared the stock gz20 soarer ones that came off mine to them and they were a prefect match both front and rear

which makes u think then whats the point in having the bigger rotors when the brake pads are the same as they will only cover the same area when gripping ---- or is there something else to it

And I got ripped off big time 700 dollars for premium brake pads , machining, labour , and all callipers reconditioned as mine were seized

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 01:03]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$700?!

OWNED
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 07:12

And yeah another thing I was thinking about is the lag in ur car , its def the intercooler piping man its too restrictive that’s why I noticed a big difference in mine when I changed it to the 2.5 inch ones I have in it atm so maybe try doing that

BLK1GGTE,
What size intercooler piping do you have? What sort of RPM does it start boosting and when does it make full boost?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:03

indian wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 07:12

And yeah another thing I was thinking about is the lag in ur car , its def the intercooler piping man its too restrictive that’s why I noticed a big difference in mine when I changed it to the 2.5 inch ones I have in it atm so maybe try doing that

BLK1GGTE,
What size intercooler piping do you have? What sort of RPM does it start boosting and when does it make full boost?

frankie he has the stock cooler piping , he has on of those aftermarket bolt on hks cooler which is bigger than the stocker ones , but still uses the stock cooler piping and mounting points
which is why im suspecting the lag cause the stock piping is shite
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:01

$700?!

OWNED

thanks merudo i needed that but i had no other choice but to get it done cause i dint want my brakes failing on me
which also made me 700 dollars less to spend on my overseas trip i was going on just after that
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 09:08

frankie he has the stock cooler piping , he has on of those aftermarket bolt on hks cooler which is bigger than the stocker ones , but still uses the stock cooler piping and mounting points
which is why im suspecting the lag cause the stock piping is shite

What is so wrong with the factory piping? It's actually quite direct as far as I can remember. BTW, you don't INCREASE the size of the piping to decrease lag, it'll only make the problem worse.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit!

$700 that sucks the wang!

indian the MA70 calipers have larger pistons I think but the pad is the same size...also having a larger rotor means better heat dispersion which is advantageous when on a track or in the hills
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have always used these guys for my brake pads:
http://www.discpads.com/default.asp

Fairly priced even when including freight.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i changed from my stock cooler piping to 2.5 inch pvc piping loll and noticed a big difference in the responce of the car i have a bigger cooler as well so maybe thats why

but when the stock piping came out i couldnt believe how much it was squashed at some places to clear the fan shroud

i was expecting lag when i changed from the stock cooler and piping to the hybrid cooler and pvc piping but it actually made the response better and turbos are spooling quicker
i have stock zorst though plus pod filter
difference between mine and blk 1g-gte is

me - hybrid cooler and 2.5 inch pvc piping
him - bigger stock replacement hks cooler and stock cooler piping
me- stock exhaust
him - 3 inch turbo back
me - stock ecu
him - blitz ecu (piggy back i think)
me - stock boost
him- 14 psi
both have pod filters
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:14

no shit!

$700 that sucks the wang!

indian the MA70 calipers have larger pistons I think but the pad is the same size...also having a larger rotor means better heat dispersion which is advantageous when on a track or in the hills

yeah the heat dispersion makes sense i knew there would be some reasoning
but yeahmy cars stopping heaps better now after they changed the brake pads and reconditioned the calipers/pistons blah blah

and yeah i didnt suck nothing lollll
but yeah was reading an article on jenna jameson while thety were ripping me off apparently she was raped a few times when she was young Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget his high-flowed turbos, that would be the most obvious thing I can think of.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep that another thing to take into account , blitz bag turbos
but yeah once it gets going it flies , we did some rather high speed testing lollll

couldnt flog mine as just before we took it to flog em we noticed a split rubber hose , so boost was leaking so maybe next time Laughing

Cool Cool Cool
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah merudo, ill check that tonight,

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys have a question for all I know its been discussed before but im still unsure and need help
Im in the line to get a w58 gear box out of a 7mge supra
Will this thing fit into my 1g-gte soarer I know I need a w58 to 1g-gte bell housing , what else will I need to change to make it fit
I alredy have a w58 cross member and brace from a manual 1g-gte
Also Can I use the flywheel of the 7mge motor or do I need a new one

Anything else I need to know please post
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need the following parts for a manual conversio
1GGTE manual flywheel
W57/8
1GGTE W5X bellhousing
Front Half Manual Tailshaft or Custom 1 Peice
Clutch plate and pressure plate
Clutch pedal and bracket
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Shifter
Master To Slave hydraulic line

That is every single part you need for the manual conversion

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 02:05]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im assuming
Front Half Manual Tailshaft or Custom 1 Peice
Clutch plate and pressure plate
Clutch pedal
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
Shifter
can be had from the supra

and i need the flywheel and a w58-1ggte bell housing

i have nfi about manual conversions sp please dont flame me for posting shit ok Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes that list can be had from the supra, for lines id reccomend some braided hose and proper speedflow fittings as you are guaranteed quality and its pretty much a universal fit so no fucking around with pipe benders Smile

mine cost me about $100

also, buy a new slave cylinder, they are only about $50 and I wouldnt bother fart arseing around with second hand poo

As for the flywheel and bellhousing, well you have to simply look around untill you find something, i remeber seeing a flywheel and bellhousing go for about $150 for the pair on here about 6 months ago, obviously it wont be available now but stuff does pop up

worse comes to worse i think you can use a 3TGTE flywheel

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF

you said not to flame you but man

this has ALL been discussed before

its ALL in this thread

cruzsida even posted average prices for parts

ive got the clutch slave cylinder, bellhousing and manual crossmember indian

and since im going 1JZ rather than W58 manual now, ill be selling thse parts

did you need any of those?

you can buy them off me for the same price i bought them for, they are all still in their postage paks and boxes lol
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers matey so i just gonna go there and pull everything out of the supra

cool Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
and yeah keep looking for a flywheel and bell housing

so i should be ok to use the front half of the manual 7mge tailshaft and use the rear half of mine and i should be ok
right
hmm might need to pull the centre bearing off that supra too mine fcuked

cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:50

so i should be ok to use the front half of the manual 7mge tailshaft and use the rear half of mine and i should be ok
right

I wont back this, becuase didnt work on mine

even if it doesnt its only about $165 for a custom 1 piece Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool man thanks for the help much appreciated
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:29

indian wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:50

right

I wont back this, becuase didnt work on mine

even if it doesnt its only about $165 for a custom 1 piece Smile

what he said. custon tailshafts are less expensive than i thought, although mine was $250!
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any1 kno if the 7mgte supra and the 7mgte soarer..with the gearbox's.. are the crossmembers both the same etc?
nathan
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit:

not sure. misread your question.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 05:53]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 10:53

soar_ry 2 beat ya wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 22:23

Yeah.
I was gonna call them Crank and Cam angle sensor, as the 1UZ has one on the crank, and one on the cam, but I think the 1JZ has them both in the old dizzy location.

The Crank sensor will be the 24tooth on, and the Cam sensor will be the 2 tooth one (if its the same as 7mgte, it may only be 1 tooth).

But yeah, the Microtech needs to read these both for 2 complete revolutions before it will fire and injectors/coils.

The laptop display doesn't even read RPM until they are both picked up.

exactly what was happening, we were getting no RPM reading. Wasn't sure how to confirm whihc of the sensor it definately was, suspecting it be the cam but will need confirm first. Gonna try and borrow off my mates soarer who has the 1j and if that works then will look to pick up one and hopefully get her tuned

Also guys, with your talk of brakes, the soarer i'm wrecking has the larger sized brakes on it if anyone was interested and wants to upgrade. Once i've got my new soarer on the road and aren't so occupied i'll get a deatiled list up of what i have available to basically got a soarer with no interior left, has the 7mgte whihc has blown pist6on, number 1. Had head and timing belt done on it and has driven about 10 mins if that since before establing the correct prob. Have the larger brakes as mentioned, adjustable coilovers at the front, and engine bay is complete with everyting you would expect to find. Also have a 3" exhaust from turbo back and muffler on it. Anyone wishing to come and have a look or wants to know anything gimme a shout
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the 7MGTE that nathan is talking about YOUR 7MGTE?

Is he considering buying that off you?
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup, not mine that nathan is looking at buying
shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey joel might give ya a call about that exhaust system next week when i get payed Smile

Still got ya number, so if i want it il give you a call and we can work something out.

Regards,
Shane

Also where are you guys getting your tailshafts made? Ive been quoted way more then that for 1 and 2 piece shafts Sad

Anyway its resolved now, im modding my one, been garuanteed it will be strong enough and it does have some very fat uni's on it so it should be ok.

Box, flywheel and whole clutch setup, shifter, master all in. Tomorrow slave an clutch line go in aswell as cutting the brake pedal down and hopefully the tailshaft will be ready too...so hopefully by thursday i will have a manual soarer Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 06:53]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no problem mate, all gotta go at some point so we can work something out we're both happy with. Was it you that called me a while ago about the rear tail lights. Was gonna use them but i'm willing to sell now if it means generating more funds for other stuff.

Yeah guys, got lights, front and rear, panels, grill etc too if needed

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 08:58]

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks indian, for the re-ply... yeah what I noticed with the lag is when I got EPA... Confused I put just a stock muffler to the 3"inch system.. and surprisingly there was a lot less lag for some unknown reason...change to the riced up cannon and more lag.. With the stocky muffle there is less top end pull but.. I thinks its got to do with the fact that a big exhaust cost bottom end torque but cause of the greater flow u get more top end.... As for the stock piping its fine, except for one piece where its factory squashed to clear the chassis...
As for the springs, stiff may be great for handling but everything rattles in my car cause of it and its shits me day to day driving....

Frank the Blitz turbos don't seem to take longer then the stockies to come on boost, i have full boost by 4000rpm, starts spooling at about 2000rpm but doesn't pull till at least 3 grand..Its an abolute slug untill 3000rpm... Hynda excell is a V8 Crying or Very Sad comparing to mein below this RPM...this is why i want to get a stall converter...
For some reason indians car had no lag...of the line..any ideas anyone else..
PS: Sorry for the long post
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 16 August 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
light little hatchbacks like pulsars and stuff (when manual) own me until i hit second gear.

even then cause my car's running crap its a question of if it will pull or feel like there is no boost whatsoever

oh what a wonderful 1G world I live in
Pages (51): [ «  <  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:59:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015854120254517 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.