Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys im gettni my gz20 painted soon... do u think i should get my engine bay done aswell.. its gonnna cost another $500 or so.. u think ther is any point???
Nathan
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i had all the parts, could it be done in a day?

Daily driver you see...

I seem to have a problem with saving but Razz

hmm...

Manual conversion, or replace the overdue tyres on the back, or get 17" wheels

what to do first

How much is it costing to get your car resprayed TT_SOAR?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 04:14]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo, it could be done in a day if you were really good, but i would allow three days such as a long weekend? to allow for fuckups. Smile
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much you paying for the respray?
does anyone have an mz20 bonnet?

Im Jay from newcastle NSW

I have one complete mz21 soarer ltd and one with no engine and gearbox and a couple of other missing bits, both have no bonnet (dont ask)

600X300 hybrid cooler 3 inch stainless piping
autronic ECU (not in yet)
HKS AIC (not in)
1uz AFM + adj screw
1.2 mm metal head gasket -not in
os giken stage 2 shift kitted auto- not in
big fuck off oil cooler to go with the auto + about 4 metres of stainless braided line -not fitted
3 inch turbo back exaughst with cannon
air bag suspension-not in seems to have no leaks, yet to test it
lsd diff
+ another lsd centre thats for sale
+ a single spinner diff too, does anyone know if you can put the LSD centre in the single spinner?
also some kind of replacement turbo coming as soon as kristian(supraman) gives it to me or gives my money back (im optimistic ok)
probably some other stuff too

geez i have alot of work to do
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah... manual conversions are fun!
Sad
maybe it's easier on a 1G though, assistance is always good too Smile
Just make sure you have all the tools you need before you make the car undrivable Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates dad just went to look at an MZ21 Aerocabin, and he asked me to come along as I know a little about the Z20 soarers, and OMG it was soo cool, snail, I am very jealous Razz

The roof is awesome, the only downside i can see to the car is the total and utter lack of bootspace but I would happily sacrifice that for all the extra luxuries and what not!

Best of all it has had the timing belt changed recently, the intereior is immaculate and it has service books that verify the cars kilometres! oh and it doesnt have a BHG Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 09:24]

snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, they're cool aye. Mines been on the road for about 6 months in the last 5 years. Almost finished the conversion.

Hi Jay, hows things? Not going for the manual conv? I have a bonnet, but i want to use it as a dummy for carbon copy.

Hey guys how do you post pics up?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 10:17]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 post pix all i do is haev an account on www.sydneycruising.com where u haev ur own gallery so u can upload all u want
then u right click on the pic and go 2 propertis and copy the image link over. and then in front of the link u put [img] and after it u put [/ img] <-- without the space between the / and i....
hope that helps a bit
Nathan

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 10:49]

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 28 April 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm carbon bonnet, I could be interested if you wouldn't mind making another...
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer the manual conversion was another thing kristian almost got money out of me for, nah the auto will be more fun (gives you a nice shove on gear changes)and holds boost better than a manual, ive been in a few vn commo 5 Litres that have had shift kits and they are heaps fun , but never in a turbo so im interested in seeing how it goes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not knocking the autos but how can you say they will be more fun? Confused

i cant see that being possible
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soara7mgte wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 11:25

yer the manual conversion was another thing kristian almost got money out of me for, nah the auto will be more fun (gives you a nice shove on gear changes)and holds boost better than a manual, ive been in a few vn commo 5 Litres that have had shift kits and they are heaps fun , but never in a turbo so im interested in seeing how it goes

My auto after getting everything fixed up and getting it serviced, and getting toyota type-4 ATF instead of dexron 3, performs so much better.

It was shifting real slow before, and shifting at odd times...
now, in ECT-PWR mode, its always in the gear you'd want it to be in, and is really good now...

Shifts fast, the car itself FEELS faster (probably just me thinking that, but I SWEAR it is actually faster)

Good enough to make me want to get new wheels and suspension before a gearbox change. Still wanna do it though >_<

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 01:33]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 11:32

soara7mgte wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 11:25

My auto after getting everything fixed up and getting it serviced, and getting toyota type-4 ATF instead of dexron 3, performs so much better.

It was shifting real slow before, and shifting at odd times...
now, in ECT-PWR mode, its always in the gear you'd want it to be in, and is really good now...

Shifts fast, the car itself FEELS faster (probably just me thinking that, but I SWEAR it is actually faster)

Good enough to make me want to get new wheels and suspension before a gearbox change. Still wanna do it though >_<

how much does that cost!! i mite b intersted in 1!!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much does what cost?

I just got the tranny serviced and completely flushed and everything anything that was wrong or loose or whatever fixed and tightened up... dont have the actual list of things they did here with me.. but they also tightened my throttle cable up too, and the throttle feels a lot better as well

The toyota type-4 fluid seems betters, i dont get the shudder under acceleration in high revs in first gear that i used to...

mates rates it only cost me $130 for the service

edit: its entirely possibly my gearbox was just running shit....

and now that its been serviced its just running how its SUPPOSED to be... because i've not driven another soarer to gauge how mine feels compared to another one

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2005 02:50]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u said that u got the type-4 ATF instead of dexron 3.. how much does it cost 2 change
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer maybe i should have said more fun for me, but i find it easier to control oversteer with an auto(yer call me a pussy but it is more predictable) and if it bogs down it will change gears for ya haha, yer i originally liked manuals and even converted my old school 4.1 XD falcon to manual (when i was 18, about 4 years ago)haha, now that needed the manual just to make it go , but now if this auto proves to be as good as its suppose to be (it was behind a 600hp supra) it should be more reliable, stronger and quicker over the quarter than a manual , again im only hoping, ive never been in a manual soarer b4 so i cant say anything really
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 14:19

u said that u got the type-4 ATF instead of dexron 3.. how much does it cost 2 change

I think the type 4 was like $20 for 4 litres or something

something around that anyway
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 29 April 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw another soarer in umina beach / woy woy on my way home from work today

WHO ARE YOU IN THAT LOVELY SOARER SO CLOSE TO MY HOUSE?!

I must know..... Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the auto SHOULD be quicker over the quarter mile, but if you want to get into other forms of motorsport - ie, drifting, track outings and so on then you should really go for the manual. Trust me the manual is alot more fun.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 10:15

Trust me the manual is alot more fun.

I bet it is! that's why I want it so much. Smile Smile

Last night on our old pacific highway run with some mates a friend with his silvia took me for a drive...

feels so different to the soarer, so HARSH, its so LOUD... my cars so luxo compared to those things Very Happy

But yeah, very fast! And i got to see how much fun manual is...

didnt help the situation, just makes me want it more hehe
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will makethe 200th post for this section. Found out that theres is a carbon bonnet from japan. Buy price is about 60000yen, which is about $800aus but there is still post on top. Anyone interested about group buy? if so i will get more info. BTW the WALD kit you can still get from some shops in japan still have them but still shit expensive at about $3500-4000 landed. G
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$800 is a bit much for a bonnet i think Sad

sorry man consider me out, im speaking to a fibreglass guy at the moment who might be able to do them for around $500, i had one going a while back but the guy dissapeared off the face of the planet so i might get one done from this other guy and if the shit is good quality ill pass him on to you guys Smile
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideskirts
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k1863 5065

cheap cheap

and the rear pods
http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m133 38242

ROss
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 30 April 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmm

Now I just need to learn how to read hundreds of question marks
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll throw something else into the mix:
http://www.bomexaero.com/prdtyz20u.htm

http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/20soa/ad313.jpg

http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/20soa/ad314.jpg

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bomex kit looks shit IMO, makes it look like a cheap silvia with a crappy tacked on kit, stock kit looks ten times better IMO
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat about this..
http://img151.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7/0/0/8/kai_zer921-img600x400-111313346520soarer_f.jpg
http://img151.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7/0/0/8/kai_zer921-img600x150-1113133576di_aero_m_20soa_f_r.jpg
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who wanted just a normal gz20 bonnet??
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k1742 3054
ther is 1 ther at the moment only goin 4 likr $30 AU
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep that diana kit is the SHIT!!

im inlove Embarassed

its a toss up between that one or the wald kit, might have to go down to the fibreglass place tomorrow Very Happy
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any1 kno how 2 use or have registered on yahoo japan auctions???
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i know. Most sellers in JP Yahoo only sell to JP only. So even if you can register, you probably cant buy it or get it. I could be wrong tho. G
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh im pretty sure ur right
most say wont ship interstate
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
icon10.gif  Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 01 May 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow thsi thread snuck completely under my radar, so heres me

name:
Phyro

ride:
85 MZ12

engine:
HAH! onto my second bloody 6m-geu as i couldnt afford a 1jz or 7m and found out one of my conrods was on its way out (and was seeing on of the hydraulic-lifters behind my back, they were leaving together). Thats life i guess.

everything else:
got the Rim fixed after the Centre Road - East Boundary Road intercection debarcle with a square kerb. Hunted all over Vic to find anyone that would even think of fix the damn Rim. Did the stereo thing with a DEH-P1Y from pioneer, Boss sub (10inch for response) and 6x9's in a customed parcel shelf and 4 inch splits in the doors - melting your way through door trim = always fun Evil or Very Mad . New chrome shifter for some reason or another, with some custom lighting under the shifter garnish (the rectangle that goes round the area including the numbers and the shifter collumn) and a tacky arse hood ornament simply because it was so damn tacky it had to be done.
TEMS had worn out and been replaced with kinds before i got it. if i keep the car, i would do something about that. probably try for hieght adjustables. Essentially incredibly incredibly stock mz12. needs new front bar, and probably a bonnet which i have coming. Strewth, needs new almost everything.

Planned mods:
depends on whether i keep the car. Was thinking of going the JZA70 and doing a Soapra. but if i can't flog this for what i want then do the works. Either shift kit or man conversion (anyone got a 6 speed sequential box lying around? Laughing ) 1jz conversion with a equential turb set up. mentioned the suspension. mgiht consider staying with current Rims, they dont look to bad as is though they need a polish. Sunroof. Sunroof. Sunroof. Fix Dash TV, maybe PAL convert is and wire in super nintendo. Rolling Eyes . usual stuff. prob body kit too. Those ones listed previous are sweet. And more freaking headlight power for country trips. Melba hwy! yeah baby Cool So thats my car in a walnut shell. Sorry it took so long guys.

Out
Phyro
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey phyro nice to hear from ya iil be getting on the road soon hafta catch up , I need to see what u have done to the rear parcel shelf for the 6x9s as I was thinking the same thing too I have another onth to go and then iil be terrorising the local hood , lollllllll

Teach that bastard old school skyline next door what a turbo and bov can sound like hees hooning around too much and needs to be put in his place Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 02:06]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1986 Toyota Soarer GZ20 with 1JZ-GTE conversion.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=28951&rid=2416&S=83089b7e873367a9a6e665f 5a6daf573

• 1JZ-GTE
  • 3" Exhaust from y-piece with high flow cat & APEXi Megaphone Dunk Muffler
  • Hiperboost controller
  • Stainless steel intake pipe with HKS airfilter
  • W57 standard 5 speed gearbox
  • JZA70 Torsen LSD
  • Hybrid 600*300 FMIC
  • JZA80 water pump
  • MicroTech LTX12 Programmable ECU
  • MicroTech Handset
  • Autometer water temp gauge
  • 2 electric thermo fans
  • Heavy duty organic clutch
  • Greddy gearknob
  • Cusco Comp 2 height & damper adjustable coilovers
  • Pioneer CD deck and 6x9 speakers
  • Aftermarket alarm with remote central locking
  • Bosch 979 fuel pump
  • Oil filter relocation kit & oil cooler
  • Supra MA70 front brake upgrade
  • 300ZX 16x7" Wheels, 225x50 Rubber

210kw at the wheels with 13PSI.

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/Exterior/DCP_3063.jpg
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/soarer/Exterior/DCP_3071.jpg
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spoken to a spraypainter friend about the odd scuffing effect that's on my paint... he says it's extremely odd and hasn't seen anything like it before. His first idea of what it looks like is the paint is damaged UNDER the clearcoat for some reason... but this was in low light, so he could be wrong.

He said it's likely I'll need a complete respray to remove the damage Mad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

It doesn't look too bad, and only visible in bright light or under extremely close scrutiny otherwise...

But i'm fucking pissed off.

It's my fault for only inspecting the car at night, stupid me, but i just got caught up in the moment and wanted the car so much that i rushed it all through and unfortuntely never got to actually view the car properly in a normal light, non overcast conditions...

Previous owner never mentioned any of this scuffing damage either, probably hoping I overlooked it.

Well I did, so more power to him I guess Rolling Eyes

You win some, ya lose some.

I'm still going to take it to a proper professional detailer, its possible it may be able to be brought back (havent lost all hope yet!)

Odd paint problems makes James a sad panda. Just one more thing to add to the list of things that are gonna rob money off me Wink

Probably wouldnt normally bother anyone, but I guess i'm anal when it comes to the condition of my car Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 14:57

Odd paint problems makes James a sad panda.

please dont use the word panda in this thread...for that matter dont use the words, 4AGE, sprintah, sik dorifto machine or panda trueno in this thread...i think we might have a safe haven here hehehe
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 20:03

please dont use the word panda in this thread...for that matter dont use the words, 4AGE, sprintah, sik dorifto machine or panda trueno in this thread...i think we might have a safe haven here hehehe

Do signatures count?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Top Gun is my favourite movie.
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, its pretty cool aye!(TOPGUN). Was thinkin Guys wanna catch up at the next Toymods dyno? G
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greatest movie ever.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 19:45

Do signatures count?

i reckon we could allow it, but just for you glenn Wink Laughing

and topgun is a pretty damn good movie, but dont you think youre a little obsessed?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:44]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 21:44

BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 19:45

Do signatures count?

i reckon we could allow it, but just for you glenn Wink Laughing

and topgun is a pretty damn good movie, but dont you think youre a little obsessed?

Me. no, never!

We regret to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 02 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snail wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 21:07

Yeah, its pretty cool aye!(TOPGUN). Was thinkin Guys wanna catch up at the next Toymods dyno? G

definitely Smile
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi everyone! sorry for being late but i missed this thread completely... just finished reading it all

my 2 cents = Do-Luck kit is TEH BEST0R!

Dan (car stats in signature)
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THIS MIGHT BE USEFULL TO SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE WALD SOARER KIT, I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING IT A WHILE BACK AND FOUND THIS PLACE IN THE USA AND EMAILED EM THIS IS THE REPLY I GOT WHEN I SENT HIM A PICTURE OF THE WALD KIT

$1152 US Front bumper/side skirts/ rear bumper/door panel. (NOT INCLUDING DELIVERY)
$400 Foglights.
Must be special ordered. Thanks,

Stan Chen
Marketing/Operations
DTM Autohaus, Inc.
Tel: 626-588-2678
Fax: 626-588-2680
2885 W. Valley Blvd.
Alhambra, CA 91803
www.dtmautohaus.com
www.dtmkreuz.com
-
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate! shit we haven't caught up yet. I here by blame university, and all the other crap taking up my time that isnt Soarer, Fire Play and Ska music. And my Lady, - don't tell her but I'm being 'aloof' as per her subtle request. Women, you need to play them like violins - theres no bloody frets to help you out. its all by ear.

anyway back to Soarers.

Those Bomex kits look sweet, anyone know if you can get it modded for twin exhausts at either end of the rear? I think that typically looks better than the two zorsts right next to each other IMHO. Surprised Though the Diana looks just so damn sweet my baby brother wants one now. Makes sense to me Cool .

Here's a thought maybe someone knows the answer. but if golfballs have that pock marked design to make them fly through the air with less friction or whatever - how come cars don't have similar golfball skin? just curious.

Also, anyone know of Kits being available for the MZ1* series soarers. I know I know Jag, they look alright but i just dont like the front bar. could do with skirts too.

check ya all

Phyro
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found this by accident!

http://www.insurance-group.net/products/diana/inde x.html

Dan
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 15:20

Mate! shit we haven't caught up yet. I here by blame university, and all the other crap taking up my time that isnt Soarer, Fire Play and Ska music. And my Lady, - don't tell her but I'm being 'aloof' as per her subtle request. Women, you need to play them like violins - theres no bloody frets to help you out. its all by ear.

anyway back to Soarers.

Those Bomex kits look sweet, anyone know if you can get it modded for twin exhausts at either end of the rear? I think that typically looks better than the two zorsts right next to each other IMHO. Surprised Though the Diana looks just so damn sweet my baby brother wants one now. Makes sense to me Cool .

Here's a thought maybe someone knows the answer. but if golfballs have that pock marked design to make them fly through the air with less friction or whatever - how come cars don't have similar golfball skin? just curious.

Also, anyone know of Kits being available for the MZ1* series soarers. I know I know Jag, they look alright but i just dont like the front bar. could do with skirts too.

check ya all

Phyro

Cars are not round, and do not rotate through the air

Well most of them don't Embarassed

Dan
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, hmmm good point.

So VW should consider it eh?
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best kit that I have seen for the Z20's is the do-luck kit, but for the VIP pimp look you cant go past the WALD kit.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the subtle classy stock but respectable look... I think all those other kits are a little overdone.

Sure, they look nice, just not for me. Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well apparently my soarer has landed in brisbane, much to both my importer's surprise and mine!

We thought another 6 weeks till it got here!

Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great news mate!

Look forward to seeing it!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed adam the do luck is the fattest but for money for bits wise i think the diana is looking the goods for my car, coming in about $1500 cheaper than the do luck Smile

plus it looks pretty damn hot Cool

great news glenn Smile

sure the warfies arent teasing you, normally they are six weeks later than expected not earlier Laughing
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 03 May 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is now back on the road again after one month of being without it, so i'm ready for any cruises you guys wanna go on (hint hint) I highly recommend a manual conversion if your car is currently auto... its SO much more fun

Dan
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cmon lets get something happening then Smile

Yes owning 2 autos and 5 speed hell the 5 speed is fun but in a straightline the Autos hook up so well.

Danners

All this stuff to be installed whens that going to happen ? Do you plan on running a modified screw in the Lex AFM ?

Danners wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 09:16

My car is now back on the road again after one month of being without it, so i'm ready for any cruises you guys wanna go on (hint hint) I highly recommend a manual conversion if your car is currently auto... its SO much more fun

Dan

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh yeah i have a habit of buying all this stuff and then letting it sit there for a long time... I don't think i'll need to run a modified screw as I have an Apexi S-AFC installed already and should be able to tune it

Next to go on is the big FMIC and Blitz BOV, injectors, walbro pump and AFM will probably be last. After that maybe a high flow turbo and i think that'll be it for me!

Dan
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You sound a bit like me buy all this stuff and never use it hehehe , dont forget the FPR and remove or drill out the J-pipe restriction Smile

Danners wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 10:17

Heh yeah i have a habit of buying all this stuff and then letting it sit there for a long time... I don't think i'll need to run a modified screw as I have an Apexi S-AFC installed already and should be able to tune it

Next to go on is the big FMIC and Blitz BOV, injectors, walbro pump and AFM will probably be last. After that maybe a high flow turbo and i think that'll be it for me!

Dan

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 04 May 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sorry to sound like a mong... but what is the J-pipe restriction?

I did a lot of reading on forums before buying these mods... maybe i didn't read quite enough

Do i definitely need a FPR? I read that the standard one would be enough

Dan
Pages (51): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:48:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014642000198364 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.