Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I commend that behaviour absolutelydutely. Fucking silvia, he's lucky thats all you did to him Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shanedawgg wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 10:53

Soar-via? Razz

dont give people ideas!!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*holds hands over ears rocking back and forth chanting "its not a silvia"*
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw a soarer half covered with undercoat today in my area, GZ20, big chrome rims...

mustve been in an accident Sad

the older shape ones are quite uncommon here on the coast, there's only two others that I know of now (danners and that guy that i see driving around every now and then)
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 15:21

*holds hands over ears rocking back and forth chanting "its not a silvia"*

Hahaha, sounds like your life has been destroyed. Back to the mental hospital for you.
Darola
Regular

May 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 20 August 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there All,

just wondering if any one knows how much fluid the power steering system holds????

in the morning my gf's car is very hard to steer, but when warmed up it gets better, its also very notchy at times.

when we brought the car it had no cap on the power steering reserver, just a sandwich bag and band, i put one on asap, but there is abit of dirt in there, not sure if it would just need a flush out or a new power steering rack

Any ideas would be great

Eddie
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not a soarer owner yet (mate has a gz20) but i should be in the not too distant future. anywho,

While hunting around z2 info I found this:

http://www.abautos.com.au/fun1.html

brings a tear to your eye.. though it is original Shocked
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darola wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 21:42

Hey there All,

just wondering if any one knows how much fluid the power steering system holds????

Eddie

I did a conversion on mine and put next to no fluid in my power steering and it was full, although thats probably just to fill the lines as the "rack" was never emptied. but still i doubt it would be much
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, just wanted to say I did a dyno day with my Old School Toyota car club over here in Perth on Saturday.
I got 286.2hp @ 145kph @ 17psi (peaked at 18psi tho) all with the A340E gearbox. Don't know what rpm that was at.
Well, I won the day and got a spiffy little glass trophy Smile

- Chris.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice...is this with a 1ggte or 1jz. What turbo and set-up if it was a 1g...J ust curious??
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judging by his sig I think it was the 1j with the 1g auto box, impressive power none the less:D
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, as per sig it's a 1JZ from a JZA70 Supra with the auto box from my old 1G-GTE.

- Chris.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 21 August 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys need some more help , I know its been asked before but need to clear my doubts I purchased pretty much everything I need for the manual conversion except for the flywheel and bellhousing , and the brake pedal , now for the brake pedal do I need the actual proper brake pedal , I been told u can cut the automatic brake pedal and use that and if I put ons of those pedal cover sets on em then u can tell the difference can you , is that a good idea , as the pedal I bought came with the clutch and accelerator rather than clutch and brake , so now I have no proper brake pedal

What to do ??????
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian...

as I already told you

4 times...

CUT THE BRAKE PEDAL DOWN TO THE SAME SIZE AS THE MANUAL BRAKE PEDAL
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COOL just want to get it right the first time Very Happy
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 10:30

indian...

as I already told you

4 times...

CUT THE BRAKE PEDAL DOWN TO THE SAME SIZE AS THE MANUAL BRAKE PEDAL

Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kemicalx wrote on Sun, 21 August 2005 10:50

While hunting around z2 info I found this:

http://www.abautos.com.au/fun1.html

brings a tear to your eye.. though it is original Shocked

Hey, A+B Autos are in Perth.
My mate used to work for them.
They imported cars too. The bosses MZ21 and mates GZ20.

Poor little MZ11 though...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 20 August 2005 12:57

Soar-via? Razz

Too late.

http://www.jzx81.net/2drmark2.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have recently come into possesion of an MZ21 hieght controller for the airbag suspension, a mate of mine bought it for his celsior brand new for $350 only to find it wouldnt work Sad

as I said its brand new and never been used and its the top of the line model with 18 settings as it can go very very veeeery low...

I am giving first option to people in the soarer thread as much help has been provided from the people in here Smile

asking $200 ono
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 10:55

Soar-via? Razz

Too late.

OH WTF WTF
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Soar-via? Razz

Too late.

Isn't that more of a Chasevia? or Marktwovia?

Either way its the 8th deadly sin in my opinion

Dan
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, its a JZX81 on S14.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 11:17

Soar-via? Razz

Too late.

Isn't that more of a Chasevia? or Marktwovia?

Either way its the 8th deadly sin in my opinion

Dan

Oh absolutely...

I promise certain death to whoever created that monstrosity
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no need MR 1JZ

God probably would have struck them with lightning by now.

assuming there is a god...

just in case there isn't

*goes and gets board with nail in it*

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 02:03]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone confirm if this tail shaft will suit for the conversion im doing (w58 box into a gz20-1g-gte )

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=78551&start=0&rid=4971&S=97543860130 4cce95ceecd7c3bd6e12b

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too short.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn it , got excited for no reason i had the option of taking a ma70 (7mge) supra drive shaft but someone here said it wouldnt fit so i left it, but the guy who was selling it said its a straight fit into the soarer as he went under my car and checked mine (with greatest of difficulty), Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad should i go back and get it Confused Confused Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 03:59]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian

$165 for custom 1 peice...

never have to worry about centre joints ever again
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iil prob get ripped off not knowing anything about it i can alredy see that
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 14:15

iil prob get ripped off not knowing anything about it i can alredy see that

wtf?

MR 1JZ just gave you an idea of how much it will cost, now you know a benchmark for price you can work from there, essentially eliminating your chances of getting ripped off...

Confused

How do you figure you'll still get ripped off?

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As is aid b4 I have NFI about this conversion and will be getting other people to do it for me , they will prob know I know jackshit about it and try and make some money off me , I have nfi what a 1 piece tailshaft looks like , nfi what a centre bearing looks like (mine shagged that’s all I know from a mechanic)
That’s exactly why I keep asking questions that’s been answered before jjjust to make sure I get things right the first time before I loose my money (plus im at work and cant do a search most of the time )

Plus just because mr 1j said it will cost him 165 did necessarily mean someone else here had to pay 250 for theirs and again he can get trade price I cant , plus we are in different states price will vary so yeah
Now you tell me will u go out and just buy a car without test driving it and asking a few important questions or ask how things you are not familiar with the car work so u can use them

Same deal here mate
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh*

a good price for a tailshaft is inbetween the $210 - $165 mark...

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 04:32]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 14:31

Now you tell me will u go out and just buy a car without test driving it and asking a few important questions or ask how things you are not familiar with the car work so u can use them

wtf?

if you ask to get a one-piece tailshaft fabricated what do you think theyre going to give you a lump of wood and charge you $200 for it?

If you got one made up and it didnt fit, then they didnt make it to the required specifications, you would take it back!

That comparison makes no sense to me...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never mind iil jst get it done and then cry when someone else does it and prob pay half of what I did
ive been burnt before WITH THE BRAKES that’s why im cautious
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just out of curiosity, how old are you indian?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
25 my friend
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely then you can handle buying the drive shaft, knowing what it is you're after (one-piece tailshaft), what they are worth ($160-$200) and that there is a forum full of people here that will be able to tell you if you were sold something you didn't ask for. In which case you return the item for a full refund.

edit - Not everyone out there is a shark, I've never had trouble with people giving me dodgy deals (and i'm only 20 Razz), though i never go and buy something without knowing roughly what it's worth before hand.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 06:40]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man ,its just that i dont know what a single piece tailshaft looks like or should look like , plus if im asked to measure it i dont know where to start lol

so iil justvtake it to mechanic and hopefully they can get it done or get someoen else to do it for me

just need to get it done without spending too much time and money as its my daily driver i dont want it being in the shop cause of stuff ups of mine or mechanics thats why im asking too many questions

cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian, i finish work in an hour so I am in a nice mood

take the measurements from the end of the seal around the output shaft to the plate attached to the pinion gear on the diff...

i.e.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Various%20Random%20Shit/1peicetailshaft.jpg

or if you dont trust yourself measuring from the seal, measure from the end of the cover and then measure from the seal to the cover and add the two together

that diagram should explain it all
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indian, seriously mate, search before posting. All these questions have all been covered in the past - not necessarily in this thread but many others. Do some shopping, ring around some places in your lunch break, as your local mechanic etc. Think for yourself boy!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I searched for this crap but stupid ghey search is crap.

Can someone please confirm for me that an auto 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer has a 4.3:1 diff?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope

I pulled an LSD from a GA70 and it had a 4.6

im saving that one Smile

BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mein has 4.3 rear gears frank... Indian (Steve) If u need help I told you call me. As for the tail shaft i got reputable people that I know will do the job good....I have learned and been burnt a lot building a car from ground up...(not my soarer). I had a tail shaft done for me with F100 uni coupling and it cost me about 230 I think...You won't be needing this as the soarer does not have the torque to use a F100 uni join nor does it need to be attached to a 9 inch diff... so cost will be less...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 15:53

/me slaps j00 with a fish. GZ20 dude, GZ20!

Thanks Blacky
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 17:48

MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 15:53

/me slaps j00 with a fish. GZ20 dude, GZ20!

Thanks Blacky

shit..

whoops

but it was an auto GA70

so...

meh
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now come on that car wasn't that bad, it was yellow Smile

justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 17:51

Can someone please confirm for me that an auto 1GGTE GZ20 Soarer has a 4.3:1 diff?

my wreck had a G255 in it if people want to state its ratio.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry double thread.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 09:40]

soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, just an update on the bids so far for the hks adjustable coilovers for the front of a soarer or supra. overboostin007 PM'd me with what is currently the highest offer i've had of $350, anyone else interested in these?

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 11:53]

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

How do you think I test drove my car in Sydney when I live near Perth?
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 19:24

How do you think I test drove my car in Sydney when I live near Perth?

i bet it was imagination! am i right?
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for being nice guys i will be measuring as soon as i can get the car on a hoist as its impossible even for s dwarf like me to go under the damn car as its too low
boyan thanks man iil be ringing u soon , should have done it first Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 08:29

thanks for being nice guys i will be measuring as soon as i can get the car on a hoist as its impossible even for s dwarf like me to go under the damn car as its too low
boyan thanks man iil be ringing u soon , should have done it first Confused

I did an engine conversion on my car without a hoist...just jack it up from the diff and place it under some axel stands, problem solved
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 09:07

I did an engine conversion on my car without a hoist...just jack it up from the diff and place it under some axel stands, problem solved

I was hoping it would be possible that way...

One less thing to hire when it comes to 1JZ-time Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, you will need an engine crane...

trust me on that one

I dont think you can hire hoists Razz

not unless you have 3 phase anyway Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 09:15

Sure you can, some mechanics will hire you one out if you need one Laughing

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 08:54

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 09:15

Sure you can, some mechanics will hire you one out if you need one Laughing

yeah but i doubt any mechanics are gonna let you use their workshop for a week to do an engine conversion Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 22 August 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
touche!

Laughing
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah now thats when you need mad networking skillz bro,

... or atleast 'its not what you know, but who'
(i'd just like to tack on my own little bit to that said:
"not what you know, but who, and how bored they are" Wink

Dont know if i asked this before, but has anyone here, not including Jag coz i know he has, done the 1jzgte into a 10 series soarer? Preferably MZ's.

oh, and hey guys, good to see your all still alive. hows the national soarer meet going? Cool

Phyro
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
There have been a few others, but no one else who posts on this forum.

What do you want to know?
Pages (51): [ «  <  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:35:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019177913665771 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.