Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Och! Cruz where to start! Laughing Shocked

Many have kept logs of their conversion, Merudo will be one with his (look forward to that) and I think Wilbo kept a log.

One of the main things is i dont want to ask the same questions over and over again (so i'll write them down Rolling Eyes ) but more, I hate asking a question, not understanding the answer, and having to ask it again. See I barely know where to start with questions so how about:

1JZGTE (with manual gearbox) into an MZ12 - what steps involved?
dont worry about to much detail just yet, ballpark it.
Engine and transmission out, new engine mounts in, 1jz and gearbox go in? Somehow, I don't think it would be that easy.

What kinda of snags am I likely to come up against?
What are the difficulties in hooking up the gearbox for the 1jz, do the mz12 soarer?

Christ, I know everyone starts out at some point feeling as dumb as I do, tres frustrating though.

oh and wilbo! I OVERHEATED MY 6MGEU! think back to your journal on your conversion - Yes Phyro got teh blinking heat gauge!

Should also mention I most likely will have the benefit of a mechanics help - and his shop. Dunno if that means much.
cheers for the patience
Phyro

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 03:26]

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 11:24

1JZGTE (with manual gearbox) into an MZ12 - what steps involved?
dont worry about to much detail just yet, ballpark it.
Engine and transmission out, new engine mounts in, 1jz and gearbox go in? Somehow, I don't think it would be that easy.

Few options here.

Buy JZX81/90 front cut, or by JZZ30/JZA70 front cut and a separate front sump.

Buy 2JZGE manual gear (bellhousing, flywheel etc)

Source W5x gearbox, crossmember, tailshaft from MA61

Buy Bonneyville JZA61 mounts

Buy RA65 p/s lines from wrecker

Bolt in, wire up, measure radiator/heater hoses. Buy

Get IC piping/zorst piping

Drive, enjoy.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 03:29]

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love your work!

Will be in touch with more specific questions later, for now, i gotta do some statistical work for a stupid subject that i didnt even want to do. bloody bollocks to uni and their compulsory subjects. least the girls are hot. Cool

Hey Cruz, what DO you do?

And how did those wheelarches go, someone was organising them for the '20 soarers

-Phyro
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I know I dont belong here, but if you need help Surprised I'm always glad to lend a hand in conversions.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 17:11

Indian, seriously mate, search before posting. All these questions have all been covered in the past - not necessarily in this thread but many others. Do some shopping, ring around some places in your lunch break, as your local mechanic etc. Think for yourself boy!

teh nokie! lolscissors!
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thanks, when things start happening i might drop you a line.
As i hinted, I would like to do as much of it myself as possible, but at the same time practicality enters the equation aswell. stupid practicality. Sad
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 13:47

Cool thanks, when things start happening i might drop you a line.
As i hinted, I would like to do as much of it myself as possible, but at the same time practicality enters the equation aswell. stupid practicality. Sad

*Rubs hands together in glee :evil:* . Can't wait.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Cruz,

Just clarifying, the cross member the auto mz12 comes with can't be used can it?

Phyro
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By auto crossmember I mean the one that holds up the rear of the gearbox, not the one under the motor.

And no, its a different shape to the manual one.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 12:24

Just clarifying, the cross member the auto mz12 comes with can't be used can it?

Unlikely, the MA61 manual one will be fine though.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will not a W5X box crumble under the power?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 16:27

will not a W5X box crumble under the power?

heh, crumble.

I just got this mental picture of the gearbox just crumbling away like old sandstone or something when you put your foot down
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only if you don't know how to drive, or you drive digital.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 14:32

I believe the word you're looking for is "binary accelerator pedal" Laughing

Seriously though, the W58 will be fine providing you don't drive like an idiot.
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone happen to have an old pair of front shocks or springs that are throwaway material. I've taken out the adjustbale coilovers in the soarer i'm wrecking so that i can actaully sell the coilovers but i have to move the soarer from the visitor parking area in the underground carpark up a few levels to my designaed spot (where i should've put it in the first bloody place be i started pulling it apart) so was just seeing if anyone had any old front shocks, (rears to even as i have blocks of wood in the back at the mo Confused) that are of no use to anyone. If so let me know, appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2005 06:49]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 16:02

or you are norbie Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 15:38

CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 23 August 2005 16:02

or you are norbie Laughing

Hence the binary accelerator pedal comment Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like sandpaper

800 wet rub makes me do naughty things....
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok people i was just thinkin about this guye cruise 2 canberra we r all gonna go on... should we start plannin it or not.. i kmno ppl wanted it at th end of yyr or early next yr so i thought maybe the 8th of january 06 on a sunday??? it gives u a week 2 recover from new yrs and then double demerrits should have finished...also where in canberra are we gonna meet?? does any1 live down that knows also a good photo place??
Nathan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 23 August 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might need to have it before that as people will have the christmas holidays which can be utilised for this just a thought
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds guut to me. Cool

providing i have enough notice and enough money to survive for a few days. oh, and a car thats working.

would be hell-sad if i was half way through the conversion process during the weekend... hmmm money. a curses on it.

anyone else taking their soarers to the dyno day on the tenth?

Phyro
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dyno day , where , want to see if my car improved after the new cooler and thermostat plus pod filter addition
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you wont really see improvements from a bigger cooler on a dyno...

you wont see improvements from a pod filter full stop (unless it is properly boxed up)

you wanna see improvements the fork out for a bleed valve and crank up the boost...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but what im trying to do is figure out weter these additions actually make any improvement in stock form ( as in keep chaning things one at a time )
I dynode totally stock and got 92kw
Now I have pod, cooler and bigger PVC piping and new leads just seeing weter there will be improvement over how the car was when I got it that’s all just for fun
U say it wont make any difference, well maybe ur right but im just doing it so I have a comparison from my stock to modified journey
Im not turning up the boost on purpose I know if I do that I will get better numbers
Just want to see weter the new additions made any difference or not , if it didn’t then I can tell the other guys who are going to do it later on that its not worth it if it did then I can tell them roughly what to expect
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to quote chris daveys signiature

"dyno figures mean nothing"

who cares how much power you have, wouldnt you just rather the car go faster while still maintaining reliability?

if youre gonna do a dyno run after every single mod thenyoure gonna be wasting a lot of time and money on dyno runs...

dyno's are meant for tuning...and the occasional power run

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said dude its just a fun thing , im not going to spend heaps of money just dynoing the car everytime I change something , if there happened to be a dyno day that was cheap enuf and I happened to do some decent mods to the car then I will run it just to see what my money spent on the mods got me , curiosity that’s all my friend nothing else

Btw does anyone here have the same problem as me

When car is cold and I turn the key to start car it takes a few seconds to get the car started , but if i start the car just after I have driven it for a while the car starts the second I turn the key on what would be causing this , wrong sparkies, I took one of the stock plugs to autobarn and they gave me platinum version of the Toyota ones I didn’t gap them or anything just put them in

Im not fussed with it just curious why its happening

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 04:51]

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 09:38

might need to have it before that as people will have the christmas holidays which can be utilised for this just a thought

yeh thats tru but dont mods ppl go away like dec so i thought jan.. maybe mid jan.. ill get a destination set then ill organise it then we can set a date and if so change it and still give every1 enuf notice
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 14:38

who cares how much power you have, wouldnt you just rather the car go faster while still maintaining reliability?

yeah I'm inclined to agree with this...

"seat of the pants" dyno in an real-life situation ie driving around on the road, would be more important to me than being a dyno queen...

leave that just as he said, for tuning and the occasional power run.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 15:19

MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 14:38

yeah I'm inclined to agree with this...

"seat of the pants" dyno in an real-life situation ie driving around on the road, would be more important to me than being a dyno queen...

leave that just as he said, for tuning and the occasional power run.

the car sint going to go any faster than stock if it isnt modified we all know that, if u want seat in the pants results u need to do something about it , and that what im doing and trying to see how much im getting with each mod thats all
plus u also find out extra stuff like what ur afrs are like etc etc
rt104style
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys need lots of help PLEASE
i've got a 1989 gz20 soarer with a 1ggte
need to swap to 1j asap
need to know what type of front cut i need cause i've heard it has to be jza70
can anyone verify this
any info on the ins and outs of the swap woulkd also be greatly appreciated!!!!
i would love to talk to someone in sydney who has done the swap!!!
thanks
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey indian, if your car doesnt start with key turned. try moving the shifter around. it could be that your neutral switch has had it. The same thing happens to mine occasionally.

Good luck
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 14:04

I dynode totally stock and got 92kw

Are you serious???? is this what stock soarers do? and this is 9psi? FARK. my little beast did 103rwKws at 6 psi with the 1G-GTE and i thought that wasn't that great, thats hammering

I have everything equivalent to a stock soarer 2 1/2 exhaust and stock intake box, although i am running a thermo (3hp??) and a 3inch dump to the 2 1/2 cat but still.

Also on the saorer cruise topic. what are the thoughts? I was looking at a holiday and although its a long drive it still may be feasible. but i won't drive for 2 days+ each way (how far from brisbane?????) to go for a BBQ? i will have to stay a while, maybe a week. And who is organising it? if its 10 mins from your house you will get a slap lol...
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rt104style wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 17:42

hey guys need lots of help PLEASE
i've got a 1989 gz20 soarer with a 1ggte
need to swap to 1j asap
need to know what type of front cut i need cause i've heard it has to be jza70
can anyone verify this
any info on the ins and outs of the swap woulkd also be greatly appreciated!!!!
i would love to talk to someone in sydney who has done the swap!!!
thanks

Yes a JZA70 will make it a staight swap.
You will use the X-member and engine mounts.
The gearbox will go in but you will need to get a custom tailshaft.
new exhaust
intercooler plumbing
and then wire it up pretty much.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, I here by curse anyone looking to 1jz a z20 series

Lucky Bastards all of you!

Earthweb/Chris is a perfect example of the ease of conversion Very Happy just have to do the mz12, do it right and making you jealous.... Rolling Eyes well maybe
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm slack, I bought mine with it done Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah and im stupid

I did mine Laughing

the very very hard way Laughing

phyro, i cant belive I am saying this but have you considered a 7MGTE swap?

would probably be much cheaper and easier considering your car already runs an M motor...

still M series shitbox tho Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 00:06

phyro, i cant belive I am saying this but have you considered a 7MGTE swap?

I already suggested that to him via pm too Wink

also, look what h3ff4 (user on toymods) did to my car in the photoshop thread

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1688/kaaaa7oy.jpg

PINK IS PIMPIN! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

ROFL!
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr is your manual or auto???
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah gavin is ur an auto or manual , I know his previous engine was running a manual box and 103 kw is pretty good on 6psi

Big rob – my car always starts but when cold need to hold the key down for a few seconds to get her cranking when warm it starts as soon as the key is turned , dunno why just curious as to why it happens
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car merudo

*waves in a gay fashion*

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 08:53

Yeah gavin is ur an auto or manual , I know his previous engine was running a manual box and 103 kw is pretty good on 6psi

Big rob – my car always starts but when cold need to hold the key down for a few seconds to get her cranking when warm it starts as soon as the key is turned , dunno why just curious as to why it happens

by that do you mean sometimes youll turn the key when cold, and NOTHING will happen for a short time THEN it will start turning over?

Mine does that sometimes, I assumed it might have something to do with the fuel pump or something just switching on *shrugs* (i honestly have no idea)

edit: NDGCPR's car is MANUAL, AFAIK.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 23:33]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah not like that

Ok here a dodgy description of what it does ,

When cold --- put key in and turn ------ zee, zee, zee, zee, zee – vroom
When warm ---- put key in and turn ---- zee, vroom

(zee, zee--- car cranking noise)

Hope you guys can understand what im saying
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it doesnt crank first go when cold?

dude you drive a 17 year old car...its not overly surprising...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 24 August 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 09:41

(zee, zee--- car cranking noise)

\\ Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 06:53

His is a manual. Mine made ~90kW at around 4000rpm, held it for a little bit then died, I've got no doubt it should make well above the 100kW mark once sorted. It spiked to about 8psi, then dropped down to just under 7psi by the end of the run.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jcmf is ur manual mine was bog stock gen 2 with poor leads (found out later) shitty air filter and stuffed thermostat , was only getting 370km for a full tank ive replaced leads, pod filter and thermo and now getting around 450 ish for a full tank which im happy with when dynode my afr was around 10-11 mostly so im guessing the leads were shitty and not producing enuf spark to have a proper combustion , I will see how much im getting now will be dynoing it soon

Gavin has a manual that’s why he has got that much fair enuf
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mine is manual, its the W55 though, so i got tighter gears and the same with the diff. are you talking about me JCMF? it peaked at 8psi yeas but at the 103Kw stage it was on 6, and was flat from there on.

if people are interested.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1097/dyno1lp.jp g
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh an indian after rewiring my 1G-GTE i think i may know why. your fuel pump does not run all the time, it fires when the starter is switched then when the starter is off the fuel pump follows, then the AFM picks up there is enough airflow so the car must be running and switches back on the fuel pump. i think it is so when you stall your fuel pump turns off, its a good idea in my opinion.

However when you car has just been sitting around (it is cold) the fuel lines drain and thus need to be filled again when the starter kicks over. mine does that too, and it will usually start crap if it starts first go. so i hit the starter (for a second or two) then turn it off, then hit it again to start the car and it starts fine.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 09:06

yeah mine is manual, its the W55 though, so i got tighter gears and the same with the diff. are you talking about me JCMF? it peaked at 8psi yeas but at the 103Kw stage it was on 6, and was flat from there on.

if people are interested.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1097/dyno1lp.jp g

What diff ratio you have mate?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 09:06

I was talking about mine, but yours is very similar, only mine held a little more boost for longer.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
off the top of my head i think there is a F282 in there. i think its about 4.2 - 4.3 and an open??? Sorry but i don't really have the means to find out exactly.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats a possible explanation for it man good stuff , however if anyone else has a theory to it pls share it

i was thinking its the sparkplugs temperature as i know some kinds have to be regapped and i just put mine in staright dunno what the hell it was now but the brand was ngk platimuns , cost me 22 dollars each lol Shocked
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 09:32

off the top of my head i think there is a F282 in there. i think its about 4.2 - 4.3 and an open??? Sorry but i don't really have the means to find out exactly.

Thanks for that. W55/4.3 combo same as Hydra.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUYS TO WHOEVER HAS DONE the auto to manual conversion in the soarer what did u do for the shifter surround did u use the automatic one and modify it anyone have some pics to show me what they did it would be awesome

Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a factory manual one Smile

fits perfectly Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 14:54

GUYS TO WHOEVER HAS DONE the auto to manual conversion in the soarer what did u do for the shifter surround did u use the automatic one and modify it anyone have some pics to show me what they did it would be awesome

Cheers

Look at the size of the auto one dude its massive without the auto stuff there.

You'll have TONS of room around the shifter, so either get a nice huge leather boot made up, or get a factory manual surround like MR 1JZ.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm now gotta look for that as well , has anyone here got one of em for sale Cool anyone know if a supra one will fit as i might be able to get hold of one of em
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah wont

dont buy one, just get some vinyl that matches the inteiror of your car, and make a custom boot for the gearshift

would look cool
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate iil have to get one made up ive just been looking at a pic I found on the net doesn’t look that hard might be able to get away with it loll
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
-get vinyl

-cut vinyl to right size-

-attach vinyl

-appreciate finished job

?????
Pages (51): [ «  <  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:26:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.017686128616333 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.