Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha not tto sure about the last line lollllll
  Send a private message to this user    
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i used my auto surround took it to an upholstery guy, couldnt be happier with the job!
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have also done the same. Just got my mum to sew me one - geez mum's are cool.... Smile
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you guys possibly show me pics of your manual surrounds you've made up, need to be doing one also
shanedawgg
Regular

October 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=78866&start=0&rid=7987&S=7aadf297987 5dd5afb98a48685ed5bc1

Have no idea why im posting this here as everyone here ready has a soarer Razz

If you know anyone that wants one let them know Wink
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone tell me how to pull my dash apart lol. i'm gonna install a boost gauge very soon but i need to know how to get to the back of the cigerette lighter surround and also i'll proberbly put it right between the right pillar and dash surround. Would you think i would need to remove anything except the bottom of the dash i.e. below the steering wheel.

Thanks everyone
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob you don't have to remove anything...guide the boost line and wiring on the side of the rubber seal on the drivers side...pull out the rubber and u should have enough space, then to guide the boost line down the seal to the pedals. Frome there to the engine bay. In the engine you find two rubber gromets on your in your engine bay near the brake booster. Just pierce one and guide the boost line into the cabin from there...the line should come out where the pedals are... abit above it...you will see it if u get your head under there..Thats how i did mein.. too me whole half an hour to do it...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah pics of the gear shifter surround for me too please so i can do the same
boyan u free antime this weekend might be able to pop down ur place might need ur help later on , depending weter u know what to do or not lollllll

cheers

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 22:50]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 25 August 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-MZ21-Soarer-1987-GT- Limited_W0QQitemZ4570181392QQcategoryZ102318QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

some one buy it looks good and cheap , no rego, roadworthy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well my car shit its pants last night, no idea what happened, but drove it last night, and then it was blowing that much smoke i couldnt see the car behind me...

this is at night, so cars have their headlights on...

and I couldnt see them (from the car behind me)

car went straight to a friend's workshop (his dad is a mechanic) and stayed there overnight...
and let me say, I LOATHE catching the bus Mad

Oh yeah, oil was sprayed in the engine bay too, no idea where from, I looked and looked with a torch for ages, can NOT see where it was coming from. but it's all over the afm and "drivers side" of the engine bay... on the inside lining of the bonnet too.

I have no fucking idea whats wrong with it Sad

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 00:12]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks to hear mang Sad

time for 1JZ methinks
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:21

that sucks to hear mang Sad

time for 1JZ methinks

- job position (contract) runs out 20th september

- rego and CTP are due 13th of september

- i need the car to get around, dont live at home so its not like there's a parents car i can just pinch and use

and now theres this engine problem

I'm fucked... Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they gonna renew your contract?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:34

are they gonna renew your contract?

Since the restructure the other guy and I who they had put on this time last year for a 12 month contract, we now barely have any work to do. Our entire department has been restructured and we no longer have much stuff to do, so effectively we've been made redundant, and are just waiting for the time to come

I've been searching for jobs though but yeah of course ill get another job

its hard to though if i dont have a car to get to it! LOL
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like time for the 1j

did u fill up with oil jsut before it fubared itself up could have put too much oil in and its coming out of somewhere, me thinks the oil feed lines to turbos with the situation u have explained

or maybe power steering fluid

sorry to hear man Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:11

looks like time for the 1j

did u fill up with oil jsut before it fubared itself up could have put too much oil in and its coming out of somewhere, me thinks the oil feed lines to turbos with the situation u have explained

or maybe power steering fluid

sorry to hear man Sad

I've still got plenty of p/s fluid, So i don't think thats it

also due to the minor oil leak i have and the fact i havent put any oil in in probably around a week, yeah i put a bit of extra oil in, probably around 300ml... but since my car was losing oil, i didnt think this would be much of a problem, especially since the dipstick indicated I needed oil.

I looked and I couldnt see any burst lines or where it was leaking from.....

So this may come down to me being a fucking idiot and possibly have put in too much oil?

So will this oil burn off, or have i fucked something Mad

aaaaarrgghh

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 01:21]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must be coming from ur leaking gasket check on the rocker cover seals and all that area

maybe check ur oil in the engine fill up and start again with bonnet open so then u can see where its squirting from ,

not the best idea but might help

when i over filled mine the whole valley area was full of oil so maybe check the spark plug areas might have come up through there as well
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just said before I checked all around there, I could not see any visible area where oil was leaking out of.

It looks like the oil has just collected in the middle there, not "leaked' into the middle there...

Look, it's at the mechanics now, i dont want some assumption of the problem via the internet, I'll find out soon enough
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:34

I just said before I checked all around there, I could not see any visible area where oil was leaking out of.

It looks like the oil has just collected in the middle there, not "leaked' into the middle there...

Look, it's at the mechanics now, i dont want some assumption of the problem via the internet, I'll find out soon enough

well if u didnt need any assumptions then why post here as other members might post what they think is prob wrong with the car and i was just tryign to help thats all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just too cheer up some people here are some nice shots of a soarer in japan Smile

sideskirts look gay tho

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/1.jpg
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn thats in top nick sideskirts and rear pods are different to factory

its not a limited spec though but looks mint
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:52

well if u didnt need any assumptions then why post here as other members might post what they think is prob wrong with the car and i was just tryign to help thats all Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Take it easy, I've got the shits because my car has a problem which will most likely cost more than I can afford at the moment to spend on it, I reserve the right to be angry Razz

edit: whoa, look at the condition that paint is in!

I hope mine would look that good some day...

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 02:02]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I HEAR YA Cool
GOOD LUCK BUDDY
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and some more goodness Smile

god I would kill for a set of 33GTR wheels, they look so hot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/MZ2033GTR2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Other%20Peoples%20Soarers/MZ2033GTR1.jpg
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm im debating afetr seeing this pic as to weter or not i should put a canon on the soarer the above pic doesnt look too bad but i was all aginst canons on soarers thought that the big oval tips would be the best
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oval tip = teh ghey

cannon = teh win Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on GZ20

no muffler = teh win

trust me, its not even that loud... my mates pulsar with a canon on it is rediculously more louder

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 02:33]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah need muffler in heard black 1g-gte soarer and it sounded cool he had a nice shiny muffler with a long round tip
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 12:39

nah need muffler in heard black 1g-gte soarer and it sounded cool he had a nice shiny muffler with a long round tip

mine is not even offensively loud without it.

With it on, (my muffler) you cant even hear the car running

oh when i got to the train station this morning i saw across the road two middle-aged women sitting in a white GZ20... no P plates or anything, and then they drove off

not the sort of car i would have picked for that demographic! Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep us posted on your car Merudo.

Was the smoke coming out of the exhaust? or the engine bay?
Its possible and oil return line blocked up, so all the oil was pumped into the turbo and out the back.

Hopefully its a cheap simple fix.
If it went from nothing to bad, then its probably something simple.
Hopefully no damage was done between there and the mechanics.

And back to Phyro's conversion, and 1JZ swap is going to be the same cost as a 7M swap, except for
A) Initial purchase of motor (try finding a good 7MGTE)
B) JZA61 mounts ($250)
C) Front sump if he doesnt get JZX81/90 cut.

Apart from that it will be identical in price.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 12:46

Keep us posted on your car Merudo.

Was the smoke coming out of the exhaust? or the engine bay?
Its possible and oil return line blocked up, so all the oil was pumped into the turbo and out the back.

Hopefully its a cheap simple fix.
If it went from nothing to bad, then its probably something simple.
Hopefully no damage was done between there and the mechanics.

And back to Phyro's conversion, and 1JZ swap is going to be the same cost as a 7M swap, except for
A) Initial purchase of motor (try finding a good 7MGTE)
B) JZA61 mounts ($250)
C) Front sump if he doesnt get JZX81/90 cut.

Apart from that it will be identical in price.

The smoke was coming out of the exhaust. there was a reasonable amount of oil sort of "sprayed" in the engine bay, and in one spot had soaked into the lining on the bonnet...

Surprisingly, no smoke from under the bonnet. All from exhaust.

The car doesn't feel like it's making much power either.

Also, I occasionally I could hear a HIGH pitched metal sound from somewhere in the engine bay, however as soon as I dropped to under 10km/h it would stop.

It did do it once while i was stopped however, but it stopped before i could pop the bonnet and find where the noise was coming from.

but yeah that noise is a little worrying too.

also, would I be correct in assuming the only custom thing I'd need if performing a JZA70 swap for my car would be exhaust and a different front piece tailshaft so it would fit onto the R154?

Everything else would mate up, correct?

What hidden costs would I have to watch out for, other than replacing perishables on the motor before it goes in? (timing belt, seals etc)

This question is here, however if you dont want to answer it, don't, I'll just search as well

Just a little on and off at work today, and waiting with baited breath for the phonecall from the mechanic

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:54

also, would I be correct in assuming the only custom thing I'd need if performing a JZA70 swap for my car would be exhaust and a different front piece tailshaft so it would fit onto the R154?

Everything else would mate up, correct?

In theory yes.
But somethings may be broken on the JZA70 cut.
Don't assume everything works 100%
Merudo wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:54

What hidden costs would I have to watch out for, other than replacing perishables on the motor before it goes in? (timing belt, seals etc)

Depends what you want to change.
Timing Belt/bearings
Plugs
Front main seal
Front oil pump seal
Cam cover seals
CAS seal
Rear main seal
Oil/filter
Coolant/flush
Air filter
Fuel filter
Injector clean
Radiator flush
Radiator hoses
Heater hoses
P/S fluid
Engine mounts
Gearbox oil
Clutch MasterCyl
Clutch SlaveCyl
Clutch soft line
Brake/Clutch fluid
BrakePads
Clutch
Flywheel machine

Just a quick list of things off the top of my head that may need to be replaced, depending on your wallet, and their condition.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no exhaust on a GZ20 is loud

i drove mine to the exhaust shop about 12 months ago after my dump pipe snapped...

it was EXTREMELY LOUD

sounded soo fucken tuff tho Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 13:02

no exhaust on a GZ20 is loud

i drove mine to the exhaust shop about 12 months ago after my dump pipe snapped...

it was EXTREMELY LOUD

sounded soo fucken tuff tho Very Happy

ahhaha

I've got an exhaust on mine, just no muffler. hehe

I guess its the cat that quietens it down? Because its really not very loud at all.

Cruz,
Don't some places that sell halfcuts let you start the halfcut and hear it run, and inspect it before purchase?

Cause say I had enough money for the cut and some other associated things that really should be replaced regardless, and then i find out i need a new clutch, water pump, etc etc

I'd be screwed hehe Wink

I'm still up for it though, I really DO NOT want to part with this car...

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:07

Cruz,
Don't some places that sell halfcuts let you start the halfcut and hear it run, and inspect it before purchase?

Yeah, that tells you the starter motor works, the coils/plugs work, and the ecu works.

Doesn't tell you anything else.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 13:09

Merudo wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 11:07

Cruz,

Yeah, that tells you the starter motor works, the coils/plugs work, and the ecu works.

Doesn't tell you anything else.

True, true.

Well If I get a 1JZ halfcut and then it needs to be rebuilt in 2 months time because I got a dodge one, then I give up... and I'll just buy an old N13 pulsar or something and drive that Razz Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm chicks in old school soarers thats a first time loll

yeah mines got the muffler , resonator and all , so u cant really hear shite , so im might get lucky and not have it too loud but loud enuf
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 14:44

hmm chicks in old school soarers thats a first time loll

yeah mines got the muffler , resonator and all , so u cant really hear shite , so im might get lucky and not have it too loud but loud enuf

you have a resonator?

mine appears to be a pipe straight back from the cat, then the muffler.

and with the muffler on there, yeah its whisper quiet.

like, you seriously just cant hear the exhaust noise, and revving the car when still the clutch fan overpowers all other noises.

but when driving away from you, you cant hear the exhaust barely at all

all you hear is once the car reaches around 3000rpm is this whistle from the turbos, that's it Razz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah know what u mean the cars are pretty quiet u can sneak up on people and they wont know lollllllll

black 1g-gte was quiet suprised when he heard m car , and so have many other people , i feel ad though that it has to go for power sake as its a gem to drive whisper quiet
oh btw , i have a resonator in the middle of the cat and muffler which scrapes on any bump i go over the resonator and muffler are leaking though and still the car is quiet

and yeah the whine of the turbos are cool too mine also makes a tiiisssssss, tisssssss (each withing milli seconds of each other but still distinguishable as two sounds one fter the other )kind noise when i back off the throttle as well much like a bov, flutter thing but sound different

me thinks its the turbos making that noise with the air going back into them --- different kind of a flutter noise lollllllllllllll
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:06

yeah know what u mean the cars are pretty quiet u can sneak up on people and they wont know lollllllll

black 1g-gte was quiet suprised when he heard m car , and so have many other people , i feel ad though that it has to go for power sake as its a gem to drive whisper quiet
oh btw , i have a resonator in the middle of the cat and muffler which scrapes on any bump i go over the resonator and muffler are leaking though and still the car is quiet

and yeah the whine of the turbos are cool too mine also makes a tiiisssssss, tisssssss (each withing milli seconds of each other but still distinguishable as two sounds one fter the other )kind noise when i back off the throttle as well much like a bov, flutter thing but sound different

me thinks its the turbos making that noise with the air going back into them --- different kind of a flutter noise lollllllllllllll

its kinda cool cause with the muffler, it sounds EXACTLY the same as without the muffler , except about 5 times quieter if not more

like, its that quiet you could stick your ear almost right near the muffler and it wouldnt be too loud to bear...

It just sounds comical cause you rev it right out and it sounds like its revvin its nuts off, but its like someone has just turned the volume down...

Sounds a billion times better with the muffler off though...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i havent heard one without muffler but aftermrket zorst sounds good , atleast blk1g-gte sounded tough i drove it too wooot it flies once the blitz bag turbos kick in -- they have a diff spooling sound as well
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i get my car back if its running I'll record a sound file of my car

you'll like it i promise you Smile

if you can accept MMS messages I can send you a low quality version via mobile phone right now

PM me your number

its short and low quality but it sounds sweet Heart
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks BLK1GGTE. But i also need to get to the wirering to the ciggerette lighter so i can switch it with headlights etc. Whcih and how would i remove any trim/dash to get to there and wire it up. Anyone?

THanks guys, great help
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you want is twin cannons..

tehehehe
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:46

tehehehe

I dont care if I've literally got a milo can for a muffler

I just want a 1JZ now Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro

BUY THIS

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=78998&start=0&rid=9304&S=2d1249bf472 5febaf0bdc511076f5900
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ exhuast note owns 1G exhaust note..

sorry for the GZ fans..

but the 1G turbo spool is unbeatable Heart
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:59

sorry for the GZ fans..

but the 1G turbo spool is unbeatable Heart

emp-2tg's 250 rwkw 1G corolla sounded pretty sex though

but i really like the sound of the 1JZ-GTE as well...

meh, im not buying an engine for the sound it makes

otherwise i'd get a 2.5L inline six beamer engine

braaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant download it for some reason

damn
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well

when i get my car back ill record another one...

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 13:59

I wholeheartedly disagree. Not only do the 1G turbos sound much cooler, but the engine note has a lot more MEAT to it Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 26 August 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 16:34

MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 13:59

I wholeheartedly disagree. Not only do the 1G turbos sound much cooler, but the engine note has a lot more MEAT to it Razz

hahahahahahahaha

yeah and a 1MZ sounds better than a 1UZ

sorry frankie...

joo is wrong
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 15:46

tehehehe

Indeed, twin 5inch cannons........mmmmmm such rice.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:04

yeah i am with JCMF. mine sound tough. it doesn't idle right so it goes really lumpy at lights, sounds cool.

on that note any idea on how or what causes it? it will idle nicely for all of about 20 secs. then idle really low. tap the pedal and it sits fine, after 20 secs, it goes low again. if i move the idle the smallest amount it idle too high as its like hitting the pedal. any ideas? do others do that?

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You probably have an airleak after the AFM somewhere.

When the motor is stone cold, remove the engine fan, put the nuts back on (space them out with washers), and then get a length of hose.
Put one end in your ear, and the other end around the motor, listen for a sucking sound.

Sucking sound = air leak.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well got the car back, dunno wtf is wrong with it yet though...

I plugged my boost gauge in and discovered something rather worrying...

it wont go any higher than 0.4bar instead of going up to 0.62bar

What would you suggest that sounds like is wrong?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Busted turbo?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 18:37

Busted turbo?

That's what I figured.

I can also hear a high pitch squealing sound from that side of the engine. its doing it when idling now, but if I apply any acceleration the squealing goes away.

ok, gen 2 turbos are needed then...

Either that, or JCMF needs to fill me in on how to put the gen 3 ones on and i'll buy his Wink
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 17:26

You probably have an airleak after the AFM somewhere.

When the motor is stone cold, remove the engine fan, put the nuts back on (space them out with washers), and then get a length of hose.
Put one end in your ear, and the other end around the motor, listen for a sucking sound.

Sucking sound = air leak.

took me a while to work out "around the motor" because i am slow but thanks. i have a thermo so it will be easy to do that. i don't have that plug for the extra outlet on the throttle body so i stuck a screw in a vacumm hose. so that may be it. if this is the problem though when i block the hole will it continue to idle bad or will it pick back up the revs straight away without touching the throttle?

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 08:45]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 27 August 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
the revs should pick up straight away.

I remember when I unplugged a hose from my plenum once, and it then proceeded to idle so low it almost stalled... the second you put your finger over the hole, sealing the vacuum, the idle came back up...

Pages (51): [ «  <  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:00:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018665075302124 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.