Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF???? this was half way down the list, i usually find it in the top 5 posts. Although most people prob have a life on weekends, as i know you people sit at work waiting for someone to post.

Well i got my tacho working today (as the old motor ran 12V and the new one runs 5V tacho line). i am boosting at about 3-3500prm which i thought was crap for twins? whats the point in having 2 then?

Also the revs are still dodgy, if it was a leak wouldn't it always be low? whereas mine always idles nice for about 20 secs then drops?
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile

oh snap Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Defect%20Cruise%2027th%20August/100_0365.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 10:45]

kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah the soarer is a luxurious car, though i don't mind the idea of drifting one Very Happy sif have a drifter paint job.

edit- on second thought i think it's just the black bonnet/roof that i dislike.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 10:46]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a drifter paintjob

because

its a drift car

My oil cooler now sits out on the front bar too for that added bozuzoku flavour Wink
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That colour is very nice, i thought it was the typical nissan orange with a poor light shot. The red suits the z2 very nicely.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 20:27

Smile

oh snap Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Defect%20Cruise%2027th%20August/100_0365.jpg

Now thats ugly.
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I agree, the 1g has defiantly a tough note, better then any Nissans, and the wine of the turbos is just icing on the cake...
PS: I have a set of perfect Gen 2 turbos for sale if u want them Merudo....PM if u r interested.

That red soarer looks like sh*t, no offence to anyone
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, those of you who have the 1j in yours soarer's i was just wondering what size turbo(s) you are running, that question is aimed more at anyone with a single turbo setup. I finally got my microtech fitted and tuned on friday although we could only tune so far as the HKS EVC boost controller i have requires some research on how to use it as we couldn't go past 15psi which i managed to get 245.9 rkw so really wanna see what can be acheived when we work out how to adjust the boost higher with the controller i have. Anyway back to the original question on turbo's, i have a big TD07 but with that comes some big lag. I'm really weighing up the idea of actaully downsizing a little so trying get some idea of whats a good turbo on a 1j for street use as oppossed to the drag setup i bought my car with. Also if there's anyone who may be interested in a a TD07 turbo in good nik i may well be selling soon depending on what i end up doing.
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im runnign very similar set up, being trust td07s-25g kit
microtech lt12s ecu
gets tuned monday week, so will let u know what comes of it
did ur tuner have any hassles with the microtech?
any hints or tips to tell my tuner?

rOSs
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 18:27

Smile

oh snap Very Happy

I've seen one like that here in Perth, except that the red section was pink Rolling Eyes

- Chris.
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the pink one is up at a mates workshop
auto 1ggte..ewwww

also done with house paint or something, the owner now has a manual 1jz crown
rOss
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rossco,

are there any bigger pics of your soarer? It looks hot judging by your avatar Very Happy
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ's car would look sweet with some nice dark tint. Need to hide that poo brown interior, the interior spoils it. Damn I wish I had my JZA70 R interior in my soarer...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUYS TO ALL THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE RUNNING THE 1JZ MOTORS OR A BIG SINGLE ON THE GZ20 SOARER

have u upgarded ur brakes or is the std soarer brakes good enuf for around 150-180 kw

cheers
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am running a JZA70 brake setup.
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats are the diferences between z20 and jza70 brake setup apart from the disk size?

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's about it I think. The brake pad size is the same on JZA70/MA70 and GZ20/MZ20, so I am asuuming the rotors is the main change.
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep as far as i was aware the z20s and ma70s all share the same caliper and pads, but the ma70s have a 300mm disk, the z20s a 290ish? I wasn't sure if the jza70 calipers had been beefed up to compensate for the beefier motor. Be nice if they had, would have made a very simple upgrade for all the z20 owners out there.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got trust pads in the front of mine

stops fine

need some better stuff for the rear tho

and thankfully the poo brown interior is going

a pair of black buckets will go in and the rest will be ripped out

no point in having carpet in a track car Wink

but im gonna tint up the windows as well so the whole roof looks black
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 28 August 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rossco wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 23:30

im runnign very similar set up, being trust td07s-25g kit
microtech lt12s ecu
gets tuned monday week, so will let u know what comes of it
did ur tuner have any hassles with the microtech?
any hints or tips to tell my tuner?

rOSs

Nah, he didn't seem to have any hassles with the microtech, he knows those probably better than most ecu's but don't really know any of his tricks. The only problem we had was with knowing how to use the hks evc boost controller as it's almost like a little ecu in itself to control the boost but looked up some instructions on the net which i'll be taking with me on thurs when she goes back on the dyno.

So what about you other 1j drivers, what turbo setups are you running pls, how's the lag sitch on them?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its only the bigger rotors that are the difference , and according the mr 1j they only help in dissipating more heat so do i really nee to change them is it neccesarry as im looking at 150kw mark
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:27

yeah and a 1MZ sounds better than a 1UZ

sorry frankie...

joo is wrong

Actually...no. You are wrong. Rolling Eyes

The 1MZ sounds a shitload worse than a 1UZ, because it's a V6, and Alfa's aside, most of them sound shit.

Now the 1G and 1JZ have the same inline six configuration, and the 1G just sounds better. Less jet like for sure, more guttural.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 16:39

Either that, or JCMF needs to fill me in on how to put the gen 3 ones on and i'll buy his Wink

I told ya, ask Hydra and he can tell you because he's done it already Razz I've got only the inlet pipe for the front turbo, that can go as well, I've got no use for it.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 10:15

MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:27

yeah and a 1MZ sounds better than a 1UZ

sorry frankie...

joo is wrong

Actually...no. You are wrong. Rolling Eyes

The 1MZ sounds a shitload worse than a 1UZ, because it's a V6, and Alfa's aside, most of them sound shit.

Now the 1G and 1JZ have the same inline six configuration, and the 1G just sounds better. Less jet like for sure, more guttural.

yeah ivee seen some tough sounding soarers and the gz20 are the pik of the lot , the 1j sounds likeany other import with a canon stuck in the arse end

ive also seen a ga70 supra that sounded like a vaccum cleaner had a 3 inch greddy exhaust with a 6 inch oval tip loll

so i reckon canon is need for the 1g to sound tough

blk 1g-gte post a sound file of ur soarer its FCUKING TOUGH As
come on do it matey Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2005 00:23]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
question

if the oil im using is too thin and a seal is worn / rings are worn or something could it be the reason why my car is smoking as much as it is??

like, cause ive only just started using 10w30 not long before this happened, and i put a bit more the night around an hour before this happened, so if i drained the oil and put GTX3 back in with a new filter (thats what i was using before, its a fair bit thicker than 10w30 honda oil) then could my problem go away?

or am i dreaming?

I was just thinking if the oil is too thin and ive got a problem then that could be it, couldnt it?

PS: i am most likely completely wrong
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard of someone using thin oil and screwing bearings. So it's possible!?

Have you located where the oil is leaking from?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:19

I have heard of someone using thin oil and screwing bearings. So it's possible!?

the oil in the engine bay looked like it was coming out the airbox Confused
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a possible cause that the oil was too thin and ur rings/seals were stuffed which caused th oil to rise up the seals and get blown out the crankcase breather which is connected in the middle of the two turbos so the oil would have travelled into the afm and out somewhere there , which is why u haven’t seen any leak cause it haoppening inside the intake piping , maybe remove the afm and all and have a proper look
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything is possible, there is always the possibility of a blocked up turbo return line, I'd imagine backing up against the turbo seals would cause an issue that could end up around the intake.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:28

rvrolla wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:19

the oil in the engine bay looked like it was coming out the airbox Confused

ahaaaa see i just replied to ur previous post and u just confirmed it , yeah oil will also come out the airfilter if its too bad ive got that happening a tiny bit in mine , will be fitting an oil catch can soon

btw ur cooler might be full of oil as well

remove the hose that joins in between where the two turbo intake pipes meet and see if theres oil in there
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:35

remove the hose that joins in between where the two turbo intake pipes meet and see if theres oil in there

there is oil in there

should i run some engine oil flush through and drop the oil then?

replace the filter, put GTX3 back in, and see how i travel from there?

can i just unbolt and remove the intercooler and tip any oil that is in there out?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
secondly if there's any blocked oil return lines can i take them off and clean them myself? taking the heat shield off and removing all that piping doesnt phase me, i just want to know if i'll have to be taking things off that will require new gaskets to be reinstalled so that i can purchase said gaskets before i do anything

the car is only producing half the boost it normally does, and i really dont want to drive it anywhere in its current status

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:43

indian wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:35

there is oil in there

should i run some engine oil flush through and drop the oil then?

replace the filter, put GTX3 back in, and see how i travel from there?

can i just unbolt and remove the intercooler and tip any oil that is in there out?

there will always be a little oil in there but if tis dripping like a wet pussy then its no good
all the oil that is there is come from inside the engine because of blowby (someone correct me if im wrong) and if thats the case then ur rings , oil seals, etc are fubarged

it could also be u filled toomuch oil in the engine if thats the case ur valley will also be full of oil and ur spark plugs will be fouled (car will idle like shite --- take plugs ou and clean with kero and put em back) ur afm will have oil in it so will the air filter
also intercooler is going to be hard to get out if the front bar isnt taken off pour kero in the cooler and drain / flush until clean

good luck man
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can runs, starts, idles just fine

its just not boosting to barely 5.8psi

its fairly gutless

still sounds and idles just peachy...

just blows a fuckload of smoke and is slow and doesnt produce much boost

that is all...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
start car and pull the crankcase breather out and rev it and see if any oil is coming out throught there if there isnt much then its prob one or both the turbos have died seals have given way and oil is coming out and going into the intake and getting burnt
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your compression Melrudo, should be about 160psi, from memory...If the comp is fine then the engine should be from what you have said...If u got time take of the front turbo pipe, and see how much play the front turbo has...you will have to take of the dizzy for this so make sure the flywheel is at TDC, and mark the rotor position. If its not boosting, could it be the actuators??? <- am not sure here. I can't think of anything else...

As for the sound file, yeah i can do that if u like, just don't know how u post sound files??
bazil
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just checkin to see whats happenin with these side skirts/front bar tt soar was hookin up?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BLK1GGTE wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 16:23

. If its not boosting, could it be the actuators???

It's boosting, but only to half of what it should be. leads me to believe one turbo is fubar'd.

(speculation)

There's a high pitch metal noise ive brought up a few times now, its there nearly all the time now (read: at idle too)

goes away when acceleration is applied.

i just want it to last until 1JZ Confused

How do I check how much play I have in the turbos? by play do you just mean how much the compressor wheel moves side to side, or what? (unsure)

additionally if what justcallmefrank said is true, how can i remedy that problem? or is the damage likely done already?

Methinks i need to get rid of this oil poste-haste and put something thicker in...
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rossco - pics of ur car man! looks awesome. . .

And in someones avatar it looks like their soarer has scissor doors ?!?!?!!?!?!? is that photoshopped or for real???? Id be up for a group buy for those hinges!!!

I have run my car with just the dump and no exhaust - sounds fucking cool IMHO. Its a bit high pitched and sounds a bit milo-canish at idle, but at about 3500rpm all u can hear is roar and turbo! Its pretty loud, but not as bad as u would think for a car without an axhaust Smile

Btw, the 1G is BY FAR the best sounding 2L motor EVER. . . . mine has a 2.5" catback with gutted cat and sounds pretty good id say, quiet at 100km/h and has a roar (it sounds like its coming from the motor, not the exhaust, difficult to explain) when being driven hard. Then of course is the turbo whine - nothing like it!

Btw if u wanna talk about nice sounding sixes, then its the VG30. . .wicked Very Happy 1jz and 2jz get passing grades too.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 29 August 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am sure most of you have hear this file but if you want to hear the 1G on just a dump go here.

http://users.tpg.com.au/phiele01/

this is my car on the dump after the conversion, sorry i didn't hit it too hard but it was dam loud at the time. the second movie is then with it hooked up to the 2 1/2 exhaust.

Also where would i find the oil pressure pickup and is it easy to change? I think mine is unwell

And finally to those with 1G TT's. How the hell do you wire the boost controller. those vac lines look a down right pain in the ass to pull off and put on.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 06:31

And finally to those with 1G TT's. How the hell do you wire the boost controller. those vac lines look a down right pain in the ass to pull off and put on.

With copious amounts of swearing and little cuts on hands.
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 08:09

I can vouch for the cuts aswell Smile
You can only really take out the airbox and pipe from from airbox to T piece to make it easier.

Access to a small child with small hands would be ideal Razz

- Chris.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 23:37

BLK1GGTE wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 16:23

. If its not boosting, could it be the actuators???

It's boosting, but only to half of what it should be. leads me to believe one turbo is fubar'd.

(speculation)

There's a high pitch metal noise ive brought up a few times now, its there nearly all the time now (read: at idle too)

goes away when acceleration is applied.

i just want it to last until 1JZ Confused

How do I check how much play I have in the turbos? by play do you just mean how much the compressor wheel moves side to side, or what? (unsure)

additionally if what justcallmefrank said is true, how can i remedy that problem? or is the damage likely done already?

Methinks i need to get rid of this oil poste-haste and put something thicker in...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 10:57

justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 08:09

I can vouch for the cuts aswell Smile
You can only really take out the airbox and pipe from from airbox to T piece to make it easier.

Access to a small child with small hands would be ideal Razz

- Chris.

where is bbaacchhyy when you need him Laughing

im not even bothering hooking one up on the 1JZ as it looks too damn hard, should have done it when I had the motor out, single turbo kit soon Smile

as long as I can find two more people for the group buy

/end shameless plug
VeeP
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hehe, got my lil bro to do it for me

with the back turbo, u can use a set of angled narrow-nose pliers to get them off pretty easy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lolll i havent bothered to touch mine looks too hard to do

Also I have a hiperboost &#8211; boost controller (the black box) with in cabin adjustment brand new for sale for $100 they retail for $199 I think on the website and also a hks mushroom pod fiter for 30 bucks has new filter element
Jesse
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was that your red piece of shit on hindley street last weekend matt, ha, only playin. I was looking down on you from the balcony of club fever.
Looks like you painted it with a roller Very Happy

No more sticker 'ey, that was a quick inspection Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone been under a z2* to see if there is any room to run a true duel exhaust to seperate sides of the car.

I have a true dual, but it ends up on the same side of the car is massif rice cannons.

It needs to be fixed.
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u cant thats why i have 2 on one side, i reckon mine look deec tho, you could do it if u chopped the bottom of the car and ran a pipefrom the left muffler over to the right... hahah
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine splits just after the cat, through twin massif mufflers then the pipes cross the diff side by side then into massif rice mufflers

and im talking a serious exhaust here 4" -> twin 3" -> twin 5" cannons

thats rice tastic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 30 August 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 18:57

Was that your red piece of shit on hindley street last weekend matt, ha, only playin. I was looking down on you from the balcony of club fever.
Looks like you painted it with a roller Very Happy

No more sticker 'ey, that was a quick inspection Wink

sorry do I know you?

and its still defected

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 22:11

u cant thats why i have 2 on one side, i reckon mine look deec tho, you could do it if u chopped the bottom of the car and ran a pipefrom the left muffler over to the right... hahah

im with him there no way in hell u can run dual exhaust tips on the z2 series the spare tyre well gets in the way and fcuks everything up
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 09:42

waxE wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 22:11

im with him there no way in hell u can run dual exhaust tips on the z2 series the spare tyre well gets in the way and fcuks everything up

why would you want it anyway?

it looks gay imo
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twin exhausts look nice on the Z30

cant even see my zorst since i took the muffler off Razz

but methinks a big rice fart canon will make its way on there eventually just like everyone else Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 10:00

but methinks a big rice fart canon will make its way on there eventually just like everyone else Rolling Eyes

not me Smile

im getting me a pair of these puppies Very Happy

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4020/blue8638nj.jpg

ignore the car

sprintahs is ghey
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Proper" twin exhausts look pimp, but alas, you'd have no hope of fitting them if the spare tyre well is in the way.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple O things,

FARQ! I turn my head for a moment and we're int he low 50's - Awesome.

Second, dunno bout the later series, but i was gawping under my z12 and the fuel tank ruins any chance of running true twin zorsts. I even doubt twin untrue zorsts would work, it would just be silly. The only way I can think of would be the 350z style ones where the main exhaust goes into that one muffler with two pipes leadings opposite directions out of the muffler to the edge of the rear skirt. If that made any sense to you - well done Razz

Thirdly, dunno bout you hotdoggers out there wit' yer harrier jet loud exhausts, when i had my first 6m in there I was more than happy with a wisper quiet car. Dunno what the grease monkey did, or maybe its just the newer engine, but the current 6m is just a delicious note, not to loud, not to sharp, just one content burrring note.

Good to hear about the costing Cruz, still trying to get a better idea of prices before i jump both feet in. I did check out Enders 1jz and auto for sale. 1500, plus shipping down to mexico, and then the fact that i prob wont use the autobox anyway. im looking at about 2g for a 1jz with parts i wont need. Wonder if hell seperate with just the engine mounts?

On that note, Cruz and others - engine mounts yes, what other things am i going to need machined/customed?

the drift paint job on the soarer... i dunno, was it a Matte paint job, looked a bit shiny to me.. Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it isnt a matte job and we are buffing it tonight so it will look much nicer than it does at the moment Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 31 August 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 10:42

Merudo wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 10:00

not me Smile

im getting me a pair of these puppies Very Happy

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4020/blue8638nj.jpg

ignore the car

sprintahs is ghey

now that looks phat.

how will she sound?
Pages (51): [ «  <  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:56:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016908884048462 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.