Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 14:18

mine is on boost off the line

well yours is the only GZ20 that does Rolling Eyes

i wish my 1GGTE was as energetic at producing power as yours Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its only quatret bigger but remember its also mandrel bent so thats a key too thestock is press bent and look under the diff and u will see a wonderfull sight

yeah manual will be good for the revs , im hoping the single t28 will spool faster as it was on a 2 liter 4 cylinder engine but now its going to get the extra 2 exhaust pulses on it which might make it spool faster , me thinks Surprised
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 14:26

indian wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 14:18

mine is on boost off the line

well yours is the only GZ20 that does Rolling Eyes

i wish my 1GGTE was as energetic at producing power as yours Crying or Very Sad

well that was comparign blk 1g-gte soarer with mine but his will murder mine after another 1000rpm or so lolllll but after installing the bigger cooler an new leads its boosting pretty qiuick , im having trouble keeping the boost 0 as ive got a leaking rubber hose atm so the minute it starts whining i have to take my foot off damn

good for fuel economy gave me 430 on normal setting as compared to 370 before lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian my 1GGTE was no less responsive after I put the exhaust in, it was no less laggier, it just sounded sweeter and made more power Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark now i dunno what size exhaust to get damn
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark take it from someone with experience...

press bent is shit

mandrel bent is good

mild steel sucks wang

stainless is teh bombz0r

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 04:53]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe i should trade off the 2 1/2 i got off mine. I finally fitted the boost valve thing today and i reckon it made a difference. It was meant to be set just above stock when i got it, i even feel it boosts earlier as it is whistling about 2500 now. But yeah it was a down right PITA to fit. the pipe that was assessable come off pretty easy but the one that was a pain to get to wouldn't come off, and now i am sore and cut. But i am seriously loving this car now. i don't want to play with boost until it is back on the dyno but it is seriously flying now.

On another note is it worth getting a EGO sensor for my car? i was told the only real aftermarket gauges that are important are boost and EGO. any thoughts?

Oh and you will never see me with a cannon exhaust as i think they are ricey geh! I am trying to keep mine as a sleeper though and thus i only have a chrome 3" pipe that sticks out the back and bends down slightly, i reckon it looks so much better. I don't see the point in cars that you can use the rear of the exhaust as a boot (my mate has a 5 or 6" tip i think i can nearly stick my head in it). Sorry if i offended anyone thats just my opinion
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUGGER U GOT A 2.5 INCH SYSTEM WITH UR HALF CUT , LUCKY Shocked Shocked Shocked
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um no. I got a 3" system with my half cut. although i actually bought a wreck. it was too much stuffing about to fit the 3" as the two cars are different. I kept the 3" dump and got the exhaust place to weld it up to my 2 1/2 system that was on it from its NA days. As the 3" also didn't have a Cat and i wanted it to pass safety. Sold the 3" off
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and i don't mean EGO sensor. i mean the EGO/mixture gauge thing to tell you when its rich or lean
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats the 1g go like with the 2.5 inch system as thats what i want to get as i alredy have a 2.5 inch custom dump coming off a t28 which will be repacing thre twins soon -- when i get some time and money lollll

ive been in a 3 inch soarer and it doesnt boost like the stock ones , more laggier thats why i want to know about the 2.5 inch system

cheers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get an safc and tune it it also shows u afr but u dont really need them

boost gauge u need to see weter ur boost is right and few other functions like vaccum at idle , blah , blah

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 07:54]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you get digital boost gauges as i would like to keep the digital theme otherwise i will build my own i guess with a row of leads. as i would also like to keep mine totally stock looking.

As for the 2 1/2 i have nothing to compare it too but like i have said before i got 103Kws at 6psi and you feel it at about 3000rpm. but thats the W55 and 4.2 diff. So the 3" lags more? i never new that. maybe i will keep mine, would a high flow cat help?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 18:31

So the 3" lags more? i never new that. maybe i will keep mine, would a high flow cat help?

i wasnt told it would... when i was looking at zorst upgrades before i decided on saving for 1J, i found through talking to people that 3" would be ok, and wouldnt be too big

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 22:48]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bullshit

3.5inch created no extra lag....

indian sometimes you got to think about what you are saying...

I know for a fact that a 3.5" exhaust on a 1GGTE did nothing but GOOD THINGS for the performance of the car, there was no extra lag, there was only extra power...

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

can you get digital boost gauges as i would like to keep the digital theme otherwise i will build my own i guess with a row of leads. as i would also like to keep mine totally stock looking.

As for the 2 1/2 i have nothing to compare it too but like i have said before i got 103Kws at 6psi and you feel it at about 3000rpm. but thats the W55 and 4.2 diff. So the 3" lags more? i never new that. maybe i will keep mine, would a high flow cat help?

u can get digital boost gauges i think turbo smart itself makes one high flow cat is def a big advantage
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a good point why do you keep saying otherwise when SA's top bozoukou soarer drifter is telling you he has had first hand experience with larger exhaust systems and can tell you its only good times as far as performance is concerned?
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hye guys,

im trying to see how much i would get for my jzz30 rims and tyres. if i get a good price i will sell.

what u think for a price??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=79969&start=0&rid=3929&S=00b9574e0fd 6ba566a7dbcb91d9634cb

nick
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 22:36

So the 3" lags more? i never new that. maybe i will keep mine, would a high flow cat help?

i wasnt told it would... when i was looking at zorst upgrades before i decided on saving for 1J, i found through talking to people that 3" would be ok, and wouldnt be too big

Merudo that’s what I got told as well at many exhaust shops we can only take peoples word f or it Like and already being in a soarer with a 3 inch zorst I know what it feels like off the line that’s why I was asking here , but mr 1j seems to know what hees talking about most of the time so im not arguing with him

On another topic does anyone here know how to get those scissor doors to Australia
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 05 September 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:13

hye guys,

im trying to see how much i would get for my jzz30 rims and tyres. if i get a good price i will sell.

what u think for a price??

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=79969&start=0&rid=3929&S=00b9574e0fd 6ba566a7dbcb91d9634cb

nick

they are the stocker ones ud be lucky to get a couple of hundred for them unless someones desperate
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 09:22

[Like and already being in a soarer with a 3 inch zorst I know what it feels like off the line that’s why I was asking here ,

On another topic does anyone here know how to get those scissor doors to Australia

trust me there's more variables than the size of an exhaust system that can dictate the performance of a car. Wink

also, the 'scissor doors' are just struts that replace the hinges... not special doors.

There was a webpage posted a page of this thread back or something that showed how to fit them and everything. the quarter panels need to be taken off and the mechanism fits behind the panels as well.

has anyone taken off the quarter panels off the front? is it difficult?

I need to remove my drivers side one.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 00:33

bullshit

3.5inch created no extra lag....

indian sometimes you got to think about what you are saying...

I know for a fact that a 3.5" exhaust on a 1GGTE did nothing but GOOD THINGS for the performance of the car, there was no extra lag, there was only extra power...

NA Car - Large exhaust causes drop in back pressure = bad

Turbo Car - Large exhaust free's the way for more air to be put through the engine. If anything a larger exhaust is BETTER for your turbo car, not worse. I cannot see any way that it would cause turbo lag, if anything it should reduce it as there as less restriction for the air that is about to come out

/end Indian's exhaust lesson 101
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there any way someone can post the email adress for that scissor door company /place for me so i can acess it i cant do it from work as the computer keeps crashing lolll
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoever told you it would be laggier to have a 3" exhaust was talking out their p00 shoot. Think about it for a sec, what is going to slow the turbo from spooling...resistance. Where is that resistance going to come from on the exhaust side...backpressure. Anything you can do to remove backpressure will be a good thing.

As exhaust gas is going to cool down the further along the exhaust it gets, this was my reasoning for having a 3" dump, 3" cat then down to a 2.5" for the rest of the way. I reckon there would be a bees dick of difference between that and a full 3" exhaust.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks lads...
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont understand then ,

why is my car quicker off the line then blk 1g-gtes

mine is dead stock

is has blitz - bag turbos and 3 inch turbo back exhaust

he also told me after he put the exhaust on even with the stocker turbos there was lag

why ???????
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the blitz turbos are highflowed and steelwheeled, that is one factor, PLUS THE 2 MILLION OTHER FACTORS...

maybe his chrome wheels are heavier than yours and that attributes to the car being slower, maybe something isnt right with his engine, his diff ratio could be different...

so many factors, i highly doubt the exhaust is the sole reason for his car being slower than yours off the line...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 08:59

the blitz turbos are highflowed and steelwheeled, that is one factor, PLUS THE 2 MILLION OTHER FACTORS...

High-flowed, they are already steel wheeled.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well when i get to the exhaust shop i will see what happens , if the 2.5 inch dump has tobe modified to fit in my engine bay then iil have it enlarged to 3 inch , and continue till the cat as jcmf said , then have 2.5 inch till the mufffler

fitting them is the pita

btw did anyone happen to have the part number for the sunroof cable someone here said they did cant remember who though

summer is coming heee heeeeeee
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:43

MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 08:59

High-flowed, they are already steel wheeled.

my bad Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:59

maybe his chrome wheels are heavier than yours and that attributes to the car being slower, maybe something isnt right with his engine, his diff ratio could be different...

so many factors, i highly doubt the exhaust is the sole reason for his car being slower than yours off the line...

yeah like i said before

Quote:

trust me there's more variables than the size of an exhaust system that can dictate the performance of a car

come on indian, we're ALL telling you a 3inch exhaust wont affect performance, with a turbocharged engine the less restriction the better.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
again, my bad Embarassed
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 11:33

again, my bad Embarassed

no apologies needed man!! i was just saying how i agree with you Very Happy Very Happy
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe someone was saying something about needing smaller plumbing on the intake side and you misheard it Indian? I'm under the impression that larger plumbing intake side reduces spool rate as there is more cubic cm's to fill up with air, where as outake side of engine, bigger = goodness.

(by smaller i mean plumbing the same size as the turbo - not smaller than, that would be... silly Razz )

Just a thought is all - related to engine and lag and all that. quite possible to mishear something bout cars. don't know how many times i've misheard someone shout out 'cool car' to me when they actualy said 'get back here with my girlfriend' Shocked never seen the 6mgeu work so hard Wink

ok so the last bit was bullshit, but im pretty sure bout the first bit. just trying to work out where the confusion could have come in.

anyone got a pic AFTER doing the manual conversion into a z20 soarer? PM please.

Phyro
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you want pics of phyro?

inside? master cylinder placement? pedals?

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 12:31

Maybe someone was saying something about needing smaller plumbing on the intake side and you misheard it Indian? I'm under the impression that larger plumbing intake side reduces spool rate as there is more cubic cm's to fill up with air, where as outake side of engine, bigger = goodness.

(by smaller i mean plumbing the same size as the turbo - not smaller than, that would be... silly Razz )

Just a thought is all - related to engine and lag and all that. quite possible to mishear something bout cars. don't know how many times i've misheard someone shout out 'cool car' to me when they actualy said 'get back here with my girlfriend' Shocked never seen the 6mgeu work so hard Wink

ok so the last bit was bullshit, but im pretty sure bout the first bit. just trying to work out where the confusion could have come in.

anyone got a pic AFTER doing the manual conversion into a z20 soarer? PM please.

Phyro

well i went bigger sized intake pvc plumbing from turbo to cooler to throttle and noticed better response and am still using the stock exhaust

i will still be using the 2.5 inch intake plumbing most probably as it seems to be right size for what i want but might change it to stainless or al depending on the cost i will def do the turbo side as the air will be really hot due to the bigger turbo and increased boost after the cooler the air is pretty cool so i wont bother unless i need to as it might be cool enuf for the pvc to handle but yeah if i can afford it then might as well change the whole thing to metal

and yeah im after some pics of the conversion as well of the inside

i just realised my alarm and bost gauge wires are runnign through the master cylinder slot damn Mad Mad Mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smaller intercooler pipework would in theory create higher velocity into the intake than a larger diameter pipe.

But a larger diameter pipe will physically be able to move a larger volume of air.

And yeah the bigger the diameter, the straighter and less restrictive a turbo exhaust is, the better.

The lag you talk about it brought on by other factors as MRs 1JZ mentioned above.

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:46

The lag you talk about it brought on by other factors as MRs 1JZ mentioned above.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's so funny?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:20

BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:46

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

im failing too see the humour here...Rolling Eyes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COME ON GUYS READ IT CAREFULLY NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE INCLUDING WHO WROTE IT AND WHO IT WAS MEANT FOR ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS U HAVE TO LOOK CAREFULLY FOR

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe he's just laughing pointlessly because laughing is good for you.

I'm going to try it as well.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

edit: oh

blacksupra wrote missus one jay zed

meh

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 04:55]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SERIOUSLY GUYS there is something there thats not right read it carefully lets see who gets it Smile Smile Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:54

maybe he's just laughing pointlessly because laughing is good for you.

I'm going to try it as well.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

edit: oh

blacksupra wrote missus one jay zed

meh

bahahahahaha thats the one just thought it was funny but no one else picked it up no offence guys ok
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, now I see it

har dee har har Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he's just jealous cause he's got a 7M

(just kidding blacksupra, nothin wrong with a good cond. 7M Very Happy)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 14:48

(just kidding blacksupra, nothin wrong with a good cond. 7M Very Happy)

didnt think they existed Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zing Laughing

well his one seems to be built pretty tough
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUNNO IF THIS IS GOING TO HELP

MERUDO AND PHYRO LOOK HERE

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=78998&start=0&rid=4971&S=97543860130 4cce95ceecd7c3bd6e12b

CHEERZ Cool
dadragon
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dadragon wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:04

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 10:47

As exhaust gas is going to cool down the further along the exhaust it gets, this was my reasoning for having a 3" dump, 3" cat then down to a 2.5" for the rest of the way. I reckon there would be a bees dick of difference between that and a full 3" exhaust.

Now there is a good idea. as i already have the 3" dump and 2.5 exhaust, just need to replace the cat.

Now i have the option of picking up a cheap inter cooler (on sale cheap not cheap and nasty). the only problem is that it has 3" inlet and outlet pipes. as all of the pipe fit nice and snug everywhere when there are 2" i really don't want to stuff around upgrading it all, so is it bad to run 2" pipes into a 3" IC, although i guess its all the same just different inlet and outlet pipes. I am aware that a big IC will introduce some lag but hopefully it will cancel out with a big cat.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post twice, fill with interesting soarer talk

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 09:42]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:12

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=78998&start=0&rid=4971&S=97543860130 4cce95ceecd7c3bd6e12b

CHEERZ Cool

Man, stop your shouting...
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I am running a stainless 3.5" all the way, sounds awesome. As the others have said will increase performance. Just buy Matt's exhaust so he can buy his new turbs... Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 10:36]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone please buy my exhaust...

no reasonable offer refused Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indian, the T28 that you talk about. Is this the S14/S15 style turbs? If it is, I'd suggest you go something like a GT28 a much better choice than a T28. Most T28's that are running around are worn so that'd mean you would have to get it rebuilt. So I say save the extra cash, and go the GT28. Wink
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 06 September 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 21:18

Indian, the T28 that you talk about. Is this the S14/S15 style turbs? If it is, I'd suggest you go something like a GT28 a much better choice than a T28. Most T28's that are running around are worn so that'd mean you would have to get it rebuilt. So I say save the extra cash, and go the GT28. Wink

thanks man but i alredy have the turbos with me the gt28 is a roller bearing one isnt it , i was told of that and apparently they are bit more bigger and still spool up just as quick as the t28 ah well
ive alredy got them now so iil put them in if they will fit lolll

and yeah to the other dude i wasnt meant to be shouting just wrote in caps so the guys who it was adressed to would def see it as they need those things pretty bad and it was cheap
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 September 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 18:12

CHEERZ Cool

1) he prefers pickup and is in brisbane

2) its auto

3) its from a chaser

4) thanks but nah
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 07 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ndgcpr wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 17:31

Now i have the option of picking up a cheap inter cooler (on sale cheap not cheap and nasty). the only problem is that it has 3" inlet and outlet pipes. as all of the pipe fit nice and snug everywhere when there are 2" i really don't want to stuff around upgrading it all, so is it bad to run 2" pipes into a 3" IC, although i guess its all the same just different inlet and outlet pipes. I am aware that a big IC will introduce some lag but hopefully it will cancel out with a big cat.

I have one of the "cheap" Hybrid-clone intercoolers. They're not the best, but after totally caning my car the other night, I was able to touch the post-IC pipe and hold my hand on it, but the pre-IC one was WAAY too hot to touch.

I only got the 450mmx300x75mm one, which I figure is plenty big enough for the power I want, and works well enough on Josh's 1GGTE making 250rwkw. Fits a hell of a lot better.

The only problem I had with the cooler was the 3" outlets. Reducing them isn't really a big problem, the reducers offset some of the cheapness of the intercooler, but meh, it works well enough for me.

My IC piping is fairly damn direct and admirably short. Down factory pipe, through corner of engine bay, into IC and back up the same way. My piping is 2" with 3" adapters.
Pages (51): [ «  <  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:51:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014432907104492 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.