Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 24 October 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob mate, im in the same boat , i will be investigating the DING DONG DING DONG next week , if no one has replyed ill report back with my findings .... Wink
  Send a private message to this user    
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 24 October 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all i know is its behind the dash and its a little silver box that pisses you off when ever your > 105km. Not liike that happens very often, but imagine if i wanted to drive to sydney IT WOULD BE HELL!

All i really want to know is how to take the dash apart, plus other pannels in the car such as the trims off the door and possible the centre console but i can never find any info on where all the clips and screws are.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i took my doors off last week to install 4" 2way kickers

there is like 3 screws on the bottom of the door trim (black screws) then there is one at the top left (drivers side) basically on the other side of the door to the mirror.. its normally covered by a little plastic thing that is the same colour as ya trim to make it look neat

then there is 1 on the actual open door handle and one in the bottom of the section the handle swings in (if u get wat i mean) they're both under little tabs that u can easy pop off with a flathead driver

then there once u take the door handle bit off, you'll see 2 obvious ones under there, undo them , and thats it ...

all around the edges there is those plug things that sorta "pop" out if u pull the trim

then comes the hard part , the getting the whole thing off bit , which you'l just have to figure out for yaself ... just a whole lotta shuffleing will get it done (Y)
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found it easy as anything to get the door trim off (to replace the window that was smashed)

you just once its all popped out, and all the screws are removed, and the little piece of plastic is popped out around the lock and the plastic inset in the handle is removed, you just lift the door trim UP, and it just comes away from the door...

simple stuff!
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Name:
James

Soarer:
1986 GZ20 GT Twin Turbo

No mods as yet (awating fun violation @ regency aka rta inspection)Embarassed

Stereo:
JVC KD-AVX1 (with nice 3" screen), Focal Splits, Rockford fosgate Sub 12" Punch series + Rockford fosgate amp Punch series

im keen to get a 1JZ swap, i really need to rebuild my pastrol shelf way to crumbling and needing a new steering wheel

not too many of these running around adelaide
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
help

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=84644&rid=4971&S=14dcaa1a750c5520b06a15e 4cb2e6d06&pl_view=&start=0#msg_800718

please tell me someone has a good spare front disc they can sell me

and rob be carefull with the clips on the door they will break easily and also the clips on the lock button themetal clips holding that one can snap and u will not be able to get them back in unless u glue them back

for speakers 4 inch is the size but i have fitted 6.5 inch one in there but wityh a lot of mods not worth the effort stick with the 4 inch if u have to
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian and jimmy01

can you guys tell me how you installed 6" or what not on the Parcel shelf , as the gent before me has taken out the "original" boxes that the "original" speakers came in , so ive got 2 big hole that i dunno waht to do with

im going to get some 3way pioneer 6.5" coz i know from previous install that they have nice midrange and can take a fair pounding by an amp ...

so yeah ill put up a pic tomorrow of the shelf holes ,, but any suggestions would be sweet Smile
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pioneers wont fit forget them buddy

i have the same problem with the holes u will need 6x9 spacers and either kenwood or sony speakers in 6x9 of course or any other speakers with a small magnet otherwise the magnet will touch the metal base of the parcel shelf and wont fit as there isnt enuf mounting depth even with the spacers installed

i will be doing mine

and to get the parcel shelf out u need the rear seats and seatbelt mounts out otherwise they wont come out hahaha its a pain in the arse i have my seats pulled out atm will be fitting them soon also u will need to locate the speaker wiring from a whole lot of other wires
cthulhu
Regular

March 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy01 wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 18:40

not too many of these running around adelaide

i seem to see at least one of these a day in my area
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
North East??

i seen one the other day pulled up right next to me, nice rimms and crazy old scool kit (possible stock)

p.s. i am in desprate need of some rimms that would look sweet on my gz20...... somethin like 17/12
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anybody know where on da pastrol shelf would i be finding my child restraints anchorages???? its in my list of demands from DOTARS/regency????

there are a few holes around the spealer area but im unsure

any help???? Confused
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy01 wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 23:50

somethin like 17/12

12 inches wide?

on stock guards?

and I see at least one a day also...not as rare as they were when I picked mine up
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 25 October 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 19:20

for speakers 4 inch is the size but i have fitted 6.5 inch one in there but wityh a lot of mods not worth the effort stick with the 4 inch if u have to

hey mate it aint hard 2 get 6.5 inch's in there
u just take out the 4" box n put the 6" in n screw new holes in2 the metal and ur done
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12 inches wide , hahaha goodluck

move to melbourne , if u seen one soarer here everyday then ur definately dreaming or on drugs
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how gay is this
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/3465548.jpg
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unbelievably mardi grass
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind this interior http://images.carsales.com.au/private/863621.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:41

how gay is this
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/3465548.jpg

this gay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Various%20Random%20Shit/biggayalfull.jpg

TT_50AR wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:48

i dont mind this interior http://images.carsales.com.au/private/863621.jpg

also:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Various%20Random%20Shit/biggayalfull.jpg
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 18:17

indian and jimmy01

can you guys tell me how you installed 6" or what not on the Parcel shelf , as the gent before me has taken out the "original" boxes that the "original" speakers came in , so ive got 2 big hole that i dunno waht to do with

im going to get some 3way pioneer 6.5" coz i know from previous install that they have nice midrange and can take a fair pounding by an amp ...

so yeah ill put up a pic tomorrow of the shelf holes ,, but any suggestions would be sweet Smile

go see dave at alberts in myaree he did mine and looks a treat. tell him that ian aka waxE sent ya
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indian man, i dont know how hard you are making your speaker installs. On the rear i pulled out the factory speakers with brackets attached. Removed the speakers and attached then to some pioneer 6.5" 4 ways. Then cut and solderd the existing clip onto the tabs of the new speakers.
Then just bolted everything back in Smile.

The only thing i had to modify where the stock covers as they wouldnt clear the speakers. You wouldnt even know they arnt stock!

Yeah the little clip things were already broken and had to glue them back in. Damn engineers. When they brought my car up to ADR's for complience they sucked. My boot was full of little shards from were they installed the seatbelts and child restraints.
Does anyone know where you can get those clip things/ Does toyota sell them?

ALso is anyone runnning coil overs in there soarer. I'm thinking of getting some and just dont know what too look for etc. Was thinking the some TEINS due to there adjustibility etc.

Any reccomendations?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run Cusco Zero2's in mine and they are AWESOME

screaming for stiffer spring rates tho, I have sussed out some 20 and 16kg/mm front and rear respectively will be perfect for the setup I am looking for
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'm still using this car a daily driver so those spring rates sem extreemly high lol.
I was thinking about getting lowering springs but coilovers seem better. Being able to adjust dampning and height etc.
I'm still going to think about trying to modify the TEMS in my car to fit whatever i end up getting.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
double post

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 07:46]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 17:31

Indian man, i dont know how hard you are making your speaker installs. On the rear i pulled out the factory speakers with brackets attached. Removed the speakers and attached then to some pioneer 6.5" 4 ways. Then cut and solderd the existing clip onto the tabs of the new speakers.
Then just bolted everything back in Smile.

The only thing i had to modify where the stock covers as they wouldnt clear the speakers. You wouldnt even know they arnt stock!

Yeah the little clip things were already broken and had to glue them back in. Damn engineers. When they brought my car up to ADR's for complience they sucked. My boot was full of little shards from were they installed the seatbelts and child restraints.
Does anyone know where you can get those clip things/ Does toyota sell them?

ALso is anyone runnning coil overs in there soarer. I'm thinking of getting some and just dont know what too look for etc. Was thinking the some TEINS due to there adjustibility etc.

Any reccomendations?

did i mention that mine came with the then top of the line carriozeria speakers and not the shitty factory ones hahahaha

yeah so mine were different speakers they were boxed and had 4 way speakers in it including flat panel woofer and led lights that lit up when the speakers were playing awsome stuff never seen anything like it before sadly i didnt take any pics and now they are all ripped out , oh and those speakers were also powered speakers so they had a million wires runnin into and out of them so it was hard for me to find out which wire was what but ive done it now

but if i had the standard spekers i think it would have been way easier for me i have seen std ones in soarer but havent sen how they were mounted so i dunno how it works but mine was mounted in the wierdest of ways possible
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
name:dave

1986 gz20 soarer
mods:1jzgte conv.,hybrid fnt mount,cusco c/overs, oilcooler,3" with apexi dunk muffler and microtech ltx-12. 210@the wheels 13psi
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are mounted like this
http://www.geocities.com/naph0/DSC00157.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/naph0/DSC00153.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/naph0/DSC00162.JPG

i had those strange bracket things
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a question does anybody know if there r set of clear lights available for the front of the gz's? or anybody who does them?.

cheers dave
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy01 , are those the stock brackets that come with the soarer ?

i dont have them at all . if you look at that 2nd picture and take away the brackets then thats what im dealing with ....

i guess im stuck in a pickle ... i might have to just get crazy with some MDF and speakers spacers ....
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86dave wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 00:32

just a question does anybody know if there r set of clear lights available for the front of the gz's? or anybody who does them?.

cheers dave

Ah you bought Danish's car, I almost bought that ages ago. If your after clear lights look on the last 2 pages of this thread. Wink
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF .... there is nothing on the last 2 pages of this thread about clear lights ... are u on drugs ? Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 26 October 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86dave wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 23:47

name:dave

1986 gz20 soarer
mods:1jzgte conv.,hybrid fnt mount,cusco c/overs, oilcooler,3" with apexi dunk muffler and microtech ltx-12. 210@the wheels 13psi

welcome to soarer ownership...take good care of that car as its in mint condition...

F.C.U.K
Regular

December 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can some one tell me what size speakers (stock) on the doors of 91 model TT soarers.

i think they are 4inches but when i went 2 strathfield to have a look at few splits they told me they are 5inches...... Confused

Please help!
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone post a guide on how to flush the coolant on a 7m? not sure which is the drain plug under the radiator?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waxE wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 12:28

can anyone post a guide on how to flush the coolant on a 7m? not sure which is the drain plug under the radiator?

yes there should b a drain plug.. then just flush it
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes

stupid question gets a stupid answer

TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yep.. lol umm im just thinkin wher the plug is..oh well b4 i answer it some1 will probs beat me 2 it
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused question: conversion from 1G GTE to 1JZ GTE, after conversion, to get engineer&Regency inspect(RTA) to make legal or just dont bother?

after i get my long awaited Regency compliance inspection, i have to get engineering papers for just about evrything i changer there after this is y i ask
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 06:28

Jimmy01 , are those the stock brackets that come with the soarer ?

i dont have them at all . if you look at that 2nd picture and take away the brackets then thats what im dealing with ....

i guess im stuck in a pickle ... i might have to just get crazy with some MDF and speakers spacers ....

dude im in the same boat as you i didnt get those stock speaker spacers

do what im doing and get a set of 6x9speker spacers they will fit perfectly over the holes left by the stock speakers and then all u do is find a wayto bolt them onto the mdf below and it will be perfect

cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need an engineers cert as unfortunately the soarer never came with the 1JZ...but the supra did and they have an identical chassis and suspension setup...its a load of shit
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers all im loving the car soarers rock!
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 27 October 2005 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man can someone hook me up with with clear front lights??,

mr 1jz im envious of ur rims Shocked
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you need an engineers cert as unfortunately the soarer never came with the 1JZ...but the supra did and they have an identical chassis and suspension setup...its a load of shit

would i need a front cut?? or just engine??
and do i need to get bigger/better brake to get this engineered and safely through regency????

Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmy01 your best bet to do a 1jz conversion is with a JZA70 front cut as it is the closest thing to plug and play. Do a search and you'll find alot of information.

Just wondering indian, what was your extensive mods to mount those 6.5" speakers in the doors? I was thinking of just getting a piece of mdf, make spacers and try and use the factory mounting positions.

Also does anyone know where/if you could get those little metal clips for the "lock" thingies on the doors. Also what about the grey clips??

Thanks
Rob
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86dave wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 04:16

man can someone hook me up with with clear front lights??,

mr 1jz im envious of ur rims Shocked

do what i did tale the lights out open them up and inside there is a yellow lense just put a screw driver through it and break it empty the yellow lense bits out , and voila u have clear front driving lights

they look heaps better than the yellow

rob

the 6.5 inch speakers will not fit in the stock speaker mounts as they are mounted in a small box and the mounts are on a weird angle which will make the speakers not sit flush for that u need some sort of mdf to make that weird angle astraight surface so u can mount the speaker plus the stock speakers are 4 inch so u have to cut some metal off the door and some bashing is required to the door to make the speakers sit flush so that the door interior covering can be put back on properly

the metal clips for the plastic lock thing i dunno im just going to glue mine back on the door trim

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 10:37]

waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to bad you cant do it to the older type lights.. that would be hot
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik will do on the weekend.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so now im looking at suspention before i look at wheels

mainly coz my rear suspention is buggered coz i can HEAR it whooshing

if i want comfort and i want major lowness ... what should i do ?
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 28 October 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get airbags or a new car lol. Generally when you lower a car you are reducing suspenion travel. When you decrease suspension travel you need to get harder springs/higher dampner rates etc. so pretty much there really isnt any correlation between comfort and major lowness.

THen again i was looking at TEINS website and thier HR's say that they can be adujusted from stock the N1 hardness.

Just wondering if anyone knows what may be going on in my car. Sometimes there sounds like thers a ping pong ball bouning around and a hard surface. There is obviously no ping ball in anywhere so any ideas? A mate of mine said it may be the rear shocks, thinks it may be griping/shuddering.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 00:04

if i want comfort and i want major lowness ... what should i do ?

Spend $$$ and get coilovers with adjustable dampeners. I've got cusco zero 2's and they are quite good, but only driven on sports tyre setting. Rossco's soarer felt very comfy without being a barge ont he softest setting on his coilovers.

Big Rob wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 00:11

Just wondering if anyone knows what may be going on in my car. Sometimes there sounds like thers a ping pong ball bouning around and a hard surface. There is obviously no ping ball in anywhere so any ideas? A mate of mine said it may be the rear shocks, thinks it may be griping/shuddering.

Sounds like bushes are worn and its clunking around as you drive.
Based on such a vague description i can only guess it would be your lower control arms, esp if it has been lowered.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hasnt been lowered, its bog stock. Yeah I thought it may have also been the bushes. Where can you get bushes anyway for soarers?

Also while we are on the topic of suspension, just wondering if anyone has after market suspenion on there soarer, post what they are using and what they think of it.

Cheers,
Rob
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Also while we are on the topic of suspension, just wondering if anyone has after market suspenion on there soarer, post what they are using and what they think of it.

i also need help on this one.. i have been told to look @ tein coilovers.... what kind of $$$ are we looking @ for good coilovers?
Jimmy01
Occasional Poster

October 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 29 October 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jimmy01 your best bet to do a 1jz conversion is with a JZA70 front cut as it is the closest thing to plug and play. Do a search and you'll find alot of information.

do i use the matching brakes from the JZA70???
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do i pull the front lights out?i dont want to f*%^%$ them up
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
find screws and undo them Razz
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what he said, hope that helps Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to get under the front bumper take the plastic undercarriage tray off then u will find the lights attached to the car metal frame undo 2 bolts and the wiring harness and they will come off , then there is a metal clip holding the globe inside the fog light take the clip off pull the globe and the wire fitting off ( u will see what I mean when u look at it ) then I think there a metal washer kind of thing that holds the globe in place it has 3 hinges which u have to pry off with a screwdriver ( don’t break them as they have to be put back) once the hinges are off u will see the yellow lens , break the lens with whatever u can and empty it out and then refit all the fitting u just took out back , and u should be done
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

After 3 months of waiting I finally got my mz21... only to have the HG blow and motor seize 3 days later. Now the car is sitting 120km away from home on the side of the great ocean road with the top radiator hose blown off and a thick gunky mixture of metal shavings, oil and water sprayed across the passenger side of the car and all out over that side front guard.

What really shits me is that the whole time I was driving it I was forever glancing back at the temp gauge to ensure nothing was looking dodgy. Knowing very well the head gaskets can go on these motors I wanted to make sure I would catch such an event early before it escalated to anything drastic. I obviously didn't realize just how easily these head gaskets go.. I mean I was driving spiritedly but nothing that should have been out of it's limits. IMO the 80km limit on the GOR allows you plenty of fun in the corners keeping it mid rev range in 3rd, then dropping back to second for the tight bits and powering out.

So after an hours effortless driving I then turned on the purifier to get some of the fake Tommy Hilfiger I had sprayed in there circulating only to find the purifier started making a funky smell (ahhhh WRONG!!!!!) after a minute or so more driving the car starts to feel dodgy then stops.. I try and kick it over and get nothing.... in the middle of the road on a blind corner of the great ocean road at midnight.

I caught a cab to my destination Apollo Bay where I joined up with the rest of my mates who had already started on the piss at the local pub, so for the rest of the weekend I drank away my troubles Wink

Sooo anyway, now the plan of action is firstly getting the car back here. Just need to get a trailer and tow it.
Then I need to isolate the problem. I'm praying *praying* that I will still be able to use the bottom end and head and save me the costs of a whole new motor. I knew the HG would need replacing eventually and expected it being a cost in the future, I'd hoped for this happening in a slightly more distant future however Razz

Anywho, that be the tale on my rather depressing weekend back to the Astina I go Crying or Very Sad
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked ur jokin
well once its bak on the road it will b worth it
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ Time me thinks!
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
In reply to the door clip things from BigRob/Indian,
you should be able to get them new from Toyota parts places.

I got a pack of 10 a few years ago for $5 or $6 (I think).

I still have most of them left if you want a pair.
I just have to find them first.

Steve - you're in Melbourne so it's easy.
BigRob - where are you located? I can post them if you can't get them new locally.

Frankie
Pages (51): [ «  <  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:51:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016993045806885 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.