Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kemicalx
Regular

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 30 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Mon, 31 October 2005 10:22

1JZ Time me thinks!

mmm, although an ideal time, moola for a jza70 front cut won't be around for a looong time and i actualy found the 7m quite amazing while it was working. So when i get one that won't break i'll be plenty happy.

atm my wallet hole is calculated at $450

MHG - $200
Arp Studs - $250

i know it's going to cost alot more but these are the only thing i know will be/need to be done during the rebuild

Anyone got a cheap 7m long motor there'd care to offload on a toymodder in crisis Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 23:55]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 31 October 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget if it's a big BHG, you may have warped the head. If it's a minor one, it still may need some extra prep to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 31 October 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks GZ20TT i'm in greensborough in the NE suburbs of melbourne but dont worry about it. I'm pretty sure that i have been carful with some supper glue to fix the problem. Just dont know why they were stupid to attatch that stupid piece of plastic to the door and not the trim.

Thanks anyway man. WE neeed a Melbourne meet thoguh all soarer members. MELBOURNE MEET
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 31 October 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrrmmm on the way to work (where i am now) my car is making odd noises while im breaking - its like a "doga doga doga do ga do ga do" as i slow down or take my foot off the accel .

i wonder what this is .. its definatly in the rear end ...

it cant be the mags because they are 5x114.3 40+

and they are definatly clearing the rear discs ... any ideas ...
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 31 October 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your brakes, or the bearings? no idea
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 31 October 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Sat, 29 October 2005 08:53

Also while we are on the topic of suspension, just wondering if anyone has after market suspenion on there soarer, post what they are using and what they think of it.

Cheers,
Rob

Ive got tein HA. huge difference over the airbag setup. ppl are contantly amazed at teh 'go kart' dynamics. bit bumpy but you get accustomed to it. wouldnt trade them for anything else!

and also sadly, my car is now for sale Sad
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 01 November 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd let you know, the people that are chasing coilovers, REPCO has an agent and can get Tein coilovers brand new... not really sure how much but I'd say around the 1800-2000 mark....
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 01 November 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mz21_shiznac wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 10:41

Just thought I'd let you know, the people that are chasing coilovers, REPCO has an agent and can get Tein coilovers brand new... not really sure how much but I'd say around the 1800-2000 mark....

thats for base model stuff...

quite crap actually...

Raceflo are now the distributor for Capital D products and they are proving to be ok for cheaper bottom end stuff.

Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 01 November 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weirdest thing happened today. Over the last few days i've been fitting new speakers to the front doors and they had been left open for a while. I was worried that i may have drained the battery but the car started fine with no issue what so ever.

I drove to my mates place, turned off the car, we then got back in and drove off. I then parked the car again and when i went to start it, it would just turn over and instantly die. Plus every light on the dash was on and the engine was on the warm side of the gauge.

We then tried jump starting my car and wola! She works but to my dismay i hadent heard the thermo fan start up even though the car was on warm. Now since its been home i have put power to the relay and the fan still wont turn on.

Any ideas what hsa killed my fan and introduced those starting problems. It was so wierd.

Oh on another note i have made a template to use the stock speaker mounts to mount aftermarket ones. Would it be worth uploading them or something so any other soarer owner can use them?

Cheers
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 01 November 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, I've tracked donw pretty much all the interior bits i've been searching in black for other than the front door trims so if anyone has any or hears of em pls think of me, will pay good money for em. I have a full set of trims front and back from a gt limited soarer with the tan leather inserts i can trade if required. I may be keen do buy a pair of front trims in another colour if there vinyl ones and give it ago sparying black with vinly paint. Any help with this and i shall have to call you from there on 'My hero'
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian, Coff33... from personal experience with teh bastard shelf, I mean parcel... your handy dandy angle grinder does wonders. few pointers:

Don't let it bounce off the metal and then rebound off the glass window in an arc heading for your head. This is bad. Now I can only turn left...

Secondly when the bobbies pull you over for a random "he's driving an import two door car, lets see what he has done wrong" be real nice to 'em, and they tend not to stick their head upside the boot end of the parcel shelf. also helps to paint the raw metal white again.

...or so I have heard.. Laughing
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ill be getting into this shelf thing next week when my bank looks better ... i bought these and im poor now http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83117&start=30&rid=5320&S=ad810850c2 979daec39e06645639be51
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chasing a circular vent for a mz20 soarer in brown - pm me if anyone has got one
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coFF33 wrote on Wed, 02 November 2005 19:19

well ill be getting into this shelf thing next week when my bank looks better ... i bought these and im poor now http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83117&start=30&rid=5320&S=ad810850c2 979daec39e06645639be51

The wheels looks good man , very similar to mine in size and pattern although mine is in white colour and with the 215’s just wait till u hit a pot hole lolllllll they don’t take it very well be carefull but yeah they feel nice on the road although road noise increased dramatically from stock with mine im sure urs would have to

With the parcel shelf im halfway doing mine ive pulled the old one totally out and am making a template with it in harder board and will be installing that soon hopefully can get some pics while im doing it
It’s a pity the speaker template for the front doors weren’t avail before as I had to bash the metal in mine to get them to fit so no use of the template for me as it wont work unless I change the doors hahaha thanks rob for the effort someone else can make use of it im sure
Phyro dude the metal frame underneath needs to be there for support to the boot and rear pillars so they don’t bend or go out of shape due to stress on the metal be careful man
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUY I REALLY NEED SOME 7M ENGINE MOUNTS
PLEASE CALL ME OR PM ME OR SOMETHIN
IVE WAITED AGES 2 GET MY 7M AND NOW I GOT IT AND I NEED ENGINE MOUNTS
PLEASEEEEE
CAL ME 0402 592 819 OR PM ME
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 02 November 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys how much r 7m engine mounts worth??
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i spent days fitting these speakers using the stock mounts except there was a little modification of the doors just to fit the "cage" of the speaker in. It was hitting the door a little so i pulled out the trusty tin snips and tens seconds later whola!
No I have problems with my windows going up and down, me thinks the crosovers are casuing problems. Anyideas where to tuck these things away?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well it looks like im probably going to be doing the supra front on my soarer, to anyone that knows anything about the conversion...

im assuming front bar, bonnet, headlights all bolt on and line up provided the guards have the necessary cut and shut?
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey can anyone recomend where to put crossovers for the front speakers? Kick panels?
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you got it backwards mr_1jz, Soapra, nor suprer...
Soarer front Supra arse, much classier imho.

whats the deal with this thread in the general section, sometimes it says we are up to page 46, sometime 69 or something. i swear - the web has a mind of its own sometimes.

which would explain why my isp drops out all the bloody time.

im seriously not gonna alter my rear speakers for a long time. i doubt they weren't used as such, but they are still retaining heap good quality, so i'll amp the fronts and the sub in a 3 way, and leave the rears driven by the headunit. which isnt to shabby in the end anyway Wink , though crUz hates my sub anyway hahahahaha, later on i'll update that and donate the amp/sub combo to the baby brother.

any one else doing the great vic bike ride by any chance?
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the z12 i just used a butt load of contact, and stuck them inplace in a convenient section of the inside of the door trim. i just worked out an area inside the door frame they would fit, and put them there. nice and water tight and the double sided tape things they came with do an excellent job.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 07:03]

Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i did the same thing but ever since i have onstalled my speakers and crossovers my power windows are not playing cool at all. I think they are hitting or some shit. I couldnt imagaine it being the speaker as they dont sit in as far as the factory boxes did.

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahahah i never considered the window hahahahahahaha shit, fluke that it didnt stuff up i guess, hmm, some crossovers are designed all pretty, maybe find a way to mold them into your trim so you can look fully audiophile hektik? primarily i did/do not want to have to feed wires through/around the wiring to the door from the main part of the car. i just looked at it and went.... Nah wont happen Rolling Eyes this time around i will have to if I'm gonna do a decent sound job replacing the speakers in the front with 6inchers or whatnot.
P.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well i'm only guessing that its the crossovers as there was nothing else changed fom factory really. Actually i HOPE its them cause that elliminates problems.

I was thinking of wrapping them in a heap of clingrap and putting them in the bottom of the actuall doors. Ah i hate removing door trim now. I fucking sucks.

Anyone know how to remove kick panels?
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno about kick panels, your talking z20 aren't you? you in vic? if you are pm me, and maybe we can get together some time soon and nut it out, i have to do mine too Cool that gonna be fun.

oh crap.... just realised i didnt pre-emptively set wiring from the amp forwards to the doors. damnation. i had stuffing about with trim of anykind. interior trim the most.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man i'm melbourne. In NE suburbs, can you say greensborough. Yeah i might nut this out tonight though. Shouldnt be much of a hassle. But still seeing another soarer would be sweet.
I have only seen one other in melbourne ever, well two and that was last week on a tram i the city. I nearly dropped my phone lol.

Also i made up some mounting templates for 6.5inch speakers using the original mounting positions for the front doors with minimal modification if yer interested.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chalk me up as interested Very Happy

yeah, chances are when you see a soarer in vic the owner is normally on here, except the z11/z10 that is kicking around the highette cheltenham area.. bah. they annoy me. not knowing what they got. didnt even wave back either. tsk. Cool
"Phyro, stalking a soarer near you"

(I jokes I jokes...) Wink
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bastard lag time double post grrrness

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 07:32]

Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i suspected that. By the way, where are all the saorer owners located in Melbourne. Since somers comming it only seems fair to our cars that they meet up and say hello to one another Razz . Melbourne should meet up soon, i suggest somewhere near the beach or some shit.

Oh and it was the crossovers causign the problems. Now i might have to hack them up to fit them anywhere. Ahh gay

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 08:45]

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen 8 z20 soarers in perth since i knew what a toyota soarer was (4 years ago)inc. mine ,

on the audio topic im sporting 4" 180W 2 way kickers in the front running off my 4 chan 600W JBL amp (in 2 chan mode obviously)

nothing in the back

and a 12" sub in the back running off a 1000W boss amp 2chan (bridged)

i hope to figure out this rear 6" install soon coz its shitting me bad not having a mid section in the car , ive tryed and tryed to perfect it , but its still annoying not having a mid .

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ, as far as I know most will bolt up, there will need to be some adaptions to the mounts for the guards and the guards as you said, will need to be fixed up to match the soarers doors. Have actually thought many a time about doing this. But then I look at the bank balance and go Crying or Very Sad.

As for a sound system I'm runnin Pioneer deck, pioneer front 6", pioneer 6x9" in the rear, 12" sub and some sort of amp, haven't actually looked at that....
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CoFF33, if you still have the original brackets, 6.5" speakers will most definatly bolt straight in! SAme breackets and all. All you need to do is remeove the rear parcel shelf and yer there.

Anyway so who is up for a melbourne meet. anyone?
And has anyone seen that soarer race down at sandown. I think its owned by a guy called Laurie Davidson. From what i know he's in the 4 - 6L class
stealth007008
Regular

June 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if were all comparing i got alpine deck - $1200 at the time. 4 inch Mb quart splits up front alpines type r 6inch two ways, 2 12inch type s subs with a 1 alpine v12 f307 bridged to run the fronts and another one bridged to run the rears and a monoblock alpine m500d (500 watt rms) powering the subs..
http://i28.imagethrust.com/i/50380/uvs040703002.jpg

did the whole install mysself

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 13:48]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 17:23

you got it backwards mr_1jz, Soapra, nor suprer...
Soarer front Supra arse, much classier imho.

no...becuase that means you have to start with a supra...i dont have a supra...i have a soarer...you smackhead Razz

mz21_shiznac wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 20:22

MR 1JZ, as far as I know most will bolt up, there will need to be some adaptions to the mounts for the guards and the guards as you said, will need to be fixed up to match the soarers doors. Have actually thought many a time about doing this. But then I look at the bank balance and go Crying or Very Sad.

Thats what I suspected...if its only custom guards then im gonna go for it, if the bonnet and shit lines up then im a happy chappy Smile

I might even do a mould of the guards for fibre copies if anyone would be interested...

BTW Shiznac...my turbo kit arrived today...and youre gonna be very jealous when you see it...
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awwww, again I look at bank balance and go Crying or Very Sad.
soarted bruva
Regular

May 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 03 November 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also i made up some mounting templates for 6.5inch speakers using the original mounting positions for the front doors with minimal modification if yer interested.[/quote]

Hey Big Rob, i'd be keen to see these templates if poss mate, this is a task on the to do list in the next couple of weeks so may save me some stress trying to figure it out Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 23:37]

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 08:54
no...becuase that means you have to start with a supra...i dont have a supra...i have a soarer...you smackhead Razz
[/quote]

pfff yes, get yerself the supra, leaving you with a perfectly nice z20 to drive around in, AND a Soapra!

or is it something like supra fronts are easier to mend after drift damage? Wink

Personally the Soarer front and the fats back looks damn fine.

Big Rob, seems theres a feww of us in the Sth Easterly direction, as soon as i get back from that damn bike ride (can't believe i signed up for that, the lady better appreciate the gut im not gonna come back with) i'll organise a meet with a decent omgwtfbbq with ample parking so our soarers...can....get to know...one another.... Rolling Eyes damnit it we need femme soarer owner/drivers!

Also, what are your templates made out of?
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i made then out of 6mm MDF. 12mm was too think and caused problems. The 6mm seems damn strong enough but if you are worried i guess you could strengthen it with two bits of 6mm glued together and leave a lip on the bottom one to bolt to.

Ok i'll try to scan my template today and post photos etc of what my install looks like. How should i go about posting the pictures etc.

On another note i have found that a crossover can fit in the passenger kick panel but not in the drivers side. However there is enough clearence to attach it to the vent about the drivers legs etc.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just head on over to www.photobucket.com and start an account there, they give you all the code/text you need to just insert the right links in a post in this thread. should suit everything nicely.

must be something in the air today, vic uni is crawling with gorgeous examples of the female species... Cool might be a good night for a cruise... damn exam tuesday.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe damn exam wednsday. THats the one terrible thign about engineering, WOMEN! SOme days its like where did all the comm and arts chicks go. I reakon Monash purposly timetables it so that the eng guys miss out lol.

Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it just me, or is there one day, say ever 1.5 months, that all the ladies just SHAZAM and look/dress hot. And no it aint just the weather, was talking to mates at all diff campuses and we noticed it through winter... Confused weird. though the warm weather does help today. help the distraction i mean, its bad for the neck strain (and my essay). what mods you got planned for your beastie?
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmmmmmm where to start. Well when i aquire about 10 large(hehe i sound like i'm out os fast and the furious) it will be:

New wheels, c
oil overs(undecided dont really know what i want or what should get etc),
JZA70 torsen diff,
1jz-gte hopefully with manual,
side skirts and those rear pod thingies,
eventuall new turbo,
aftermarket ecu: thinking about about UniChip as it would be easy to engineer.
New intercooler with alloy piping,
new exhaust.
And thats all i can think of right now.

Oh i got 12 litres of toyota type IV today. And whats this about dextron III being cheap. I went to super cheap auto and it was like 2 dollars differnt.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting order you have em in Wink

man the bird sitting next to me in this library is so damnscary... like left in the solarium for to long and went red scary. smells nice though. but it aint something that can easily be fixed by a bag. and by smells nice i mean like roast... with coconut oil Sad scary

i outta here for now, laters
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 04 November 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Rob wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 15:49

Hmmmmmmmmm where to start. Well when i aquire about 10 large(hehe i sound like i'm out os fast and the furious) it will be:

New wheels, c
JZA70 torsen diff,
eventuall new turbo,
new exhaust.

Oh i got 12 litres of toyota type IV today. And whats this about dextron III being cheap. I went to super cheap auto and it was like 2 dollars differnt.

You would impress me if you did this for $10k.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 22:09

Big Rob wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 15:49

New wheels, c
JZA70 torsen diff,
eventuall new turbo,
new exhaust.

You would impress me if you did this for $10k.

I did all that minus computer for about $5500
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 11:20

I did all that minus computer for about $5500

I thought you didnt have the turbo installed yet?

[Updated on: Sat, 05 November 2005 01:03]

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So lets see some pics of the kit...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh shit didnt notice that bit about the turbo kit...

pics of the kit will be up when its completed Smile
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bollocks to that, put some up now... 'transitional phases' or something. we wanna see. dont worry we can see the beauty behind the direction being taken. apart from the supra front Razz . but other than that...
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone please tell me how to get to that damn speed thingy chime. Its ghey andd has got to go! Just cant work out how to get to the back of the dash.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose I cant deny people...

here are a few teaser pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Soarer%20Upgrades/SoarerUpgradesUpdateOne005.jpg

thats the manifold...i actually got this for free so the kit cost me less as its a surplus RB25 Manifold but ADCO Race Engineering are modifying it with new flange plates to suit my 1JZ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Soarer%20Upgrades/SoarerUpgradesUpdateOne009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Soarer%20Upgrades/SoarerUpgradesUpdateOne012.jpg

the 50mm External Gate

and some more pics of my rims (now with mobile phone measuring tool!)...i couldnt resist

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Soarer%20Upgrades/SoarerUpgradesUpdateOne011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/Soarer%20Upgrades/SoarerUpgradesUpdateOne010.jpg
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but your super dished rims dont tell me how to remove the freaking dash ahghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm dishy
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big rob , if no one has told you on here by tomorrow i will

coz its my mission to take mine out tomorrow
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, got it off but it was terribly difficult. Like i thought it was a matter of taking the instrument cluster out, by to my amazment we had no clue after taken two bolts out of the top near the projector thingy.

Ended up having to remove the bottom of the dash with the bonnet release etc, then the vent tubey thing, then with a mirror just unscrew the ground going into the little metal box. But to see the box required a mirror etc with head slide into the foot well.

THere has to be a better way!
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 05 November 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u explain that a bit better rob pls pls it will make my work easyer tomorrow
Cool
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, you really dont want to do down this route. It took me and my mate ages to do this, and pain. Pretty much pull all the bottom of the dash off. Everything bellow the steering collomn. THen you need to remove the vent under the steering column.

Now the fun part!
Jam your head right in above the drivers foot rest and look for a metal box. I didnt actually do this bit as i couldnt fit, so my mate went looking. Then undo the earth wire going out of the box. Put sometape on it and your done.

The easier way, is to pull instrument cluster, well the mirror bit and it will be on the back of there. WE just couldnt work out how to remove it that was all. I'm sure someone has some idea how to remove it.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know if this is what it looks like ??

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/DSCN4413.jpg

i followed ya instructions Big Rob , undid the bottom of the dash and took the vent off , then put my head back near the footrest , and got a mirror and took that foto

i just dont wanna cut something that might fuck the car up ...

can anyone tell me if that is the box ???
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer im pretty sure thats it might be, to make sure get a peice of metal and tap it.. if the bell rings thats it! thats what i did.

ps.. i hope you are only doing this for country driving purposes Rolling Eyes
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah if it dings that is it. Its just like one big metal box on the back of the instrument cluster. There is nothing else there that looke like it.

Country driving, driving to sydney or other roads like the hume which have a limit of 105km, going down the drag strip and that occasion when your leg spasams and presses down on the accelerometer Smile
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 06 November 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
well thanks for trying to help guys ... ive finally ended up calling Ian/WaxE and he talked me through it

what i was looking at the whole time was what i should have unplugged ..

but at that angle it looks odd

so as i took the dash apart i took some pics for future Soarer owners to see ...

the box is actually EASYer to get to via the dash than going underneith , so you were correct there Big Rob ....

but here is some pics of where it is

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/DSCN4415.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/DSCN4414.jpg

see the metal box

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/DSCN44142.jpg

thats the puppy there

now all i had to do was unscrew this

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/coFF33/DSCN4416.jpg

and hey presto ! no more chime !

*bows*
Laughing
Pages (51): [ «  <  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 07:47:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014804124832153 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.