Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 17 May 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that z10 have the 5M-GEU in it?

If so, couldnt you throw a 7MGTE in there on the same mounts and everything, and it would all fit fine?

I think I remember reading that M series engines all shared the same mounts, if that's the case, then it would be a whole lot easier to install a 7MGTE than either the 1GGTE or the 1JZ most likely

But ... having said that .... I've seen some pretty awesome power figures from 1JZ's Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 17 May 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is what im chasing. im after a cheap mz or gz20 can be auto then just buy a JZA70T (1J) front cut and swap it all over. manual box and all. ive been told that JZA70 has same floor plan. so shouldnt be to hard?
a question for those who have done this..... which is the better model to do this too? GZ20 or MZ... or no difference? and an approx price. no front mounts or anything. just straght in.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 07:17

does that z10 have the 5M-GEU in it?

He has a GZ10, not an MZ10, so he has the 1GGEU

And he was asking whether its worth converting to 5MGE since you said the 7MGTE has better bottom end than the 1GGTE due to its bigger capacity.

And the answer is no.
If you want to put another NA engine in there, put a 1UZ in.
If you want a turbo, go any of the 4.
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 09:40

which is the better model to do this too? GZ20 or MZ... or no difference?

Since you're tossing the engine, the better model is the one that has the interior/suspension/colour that you want.

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 10:25

And he was asking whether its worth converting to 5MGE since you said the 7MGTE has better bottom end than the 1GGTE due to its bigger capacity.

And the answer is no.

Sorry, i hope i wasnt misunderstood, i was just referring to the fact that the 7MGTE would have more "grunt" than the 1G-GTE...

I would be correct in making that assumption, yes?
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys wonderin if u can help me out wit somethin with my fuel
i kno u should run gz20's on premium and i did 4 a while and i only got max 350km 2 a tank ea time.. then i tried unleaded and i get 350-400km somtimes a bit more
i kno i should get more km for a whole tank of fuel out premium wat y is this happening.
Nathan
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT 50AR

is it cause with premium its a weapon so you hammer it everywhere?

Ok. Yes I have a GZ and Yes i have the 1GGEU. I am into unique cars and thus feel the 1J is to common for my car. Hence those who frequent ALSC would have probably seen my interest in 1UZing it. and my question on how easy it is to manual them a few pages back. If Merudo thinks his car is slow off the line you should try the 1GGEU. what a slug!

Anyway i would 1UZ way ahead of 1J. because if you look at figures the standard 1J has the same power as the UZ. so you would get much better performance from the V8. Plus the exhaust noise V8's make is assume. I want a sleeper so even if i 1JZ'ed it i would not want an obvious IC or BOV. V8 all the way...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of easy to manual, i was talking to a mechanic who works for a volkswagen dealership in sydney, and he was saying to me he has actually done a manual conversion on an older soarer like mine (he hasnt seen mine, i just said it was a GZ20) and he reckons it was a real pain in the ass! said it was a real pain to get the pedal box into place and everything... goes against basically everything i've heard from people on the forum

Then again, he also said that i would end up having to pay around $1000 just for the gearbox... I checked if he was referring to the R154 gearbox, and reminded him i'll be getting a W58, but he still reckons that i've got the prices all wrong and that I don't know what i'm getting myself into.

He's probably thinking of something completely different. At any rate, I'll trust the judgement of toymods members over a mechanic who was a friend of a friend who i had a brief chat to about regarding my car Smile

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you budget what I wrote a few pages back, you can't go wrong.
If you pay more than those figures, you are paying too much.

Converting is easy, just put aside a few days to do it, as things can go wrong.

My first auto/man conversion took me 3 days.
First day dropped the auto, put the manual on.
2nd day measured up the new driveshaft length, took that into get lengthened. Did the reverse light wiring.
3rd days installed the new driveshaft, and drove it.

If I had the driveshaft prior to beginning (which wasn't going to happen with mine) I would have driven it out one day one.

I'll say it again, its easy, with stuff that bolts in.
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 11:01

TT 50AR

is it cause with premium its a weapon so you hammer it everywhere?
nah that the thing cause i tried not hammering it and i havnt the last few times and it dont make a dif.
so its nt cause i hamemr it!
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 12:05

Converting is easy, just put aside a few days to do it, as things can go wrong.

3 weeks and counting Laughing

But that's mainly due to missing/wrong parts and tools and doing it single handedly. On the home stretch now. If I did another one it'd be a lot quicker (you'd hope) Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 12:05

I'll say it again, its easy, with stuff that bolts in.

I never doubted what you said once. Merely placated him in the conversation since there was no point arguing with him (after all, he's the mechanic Rolling Eyes
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been quoted 1500 for it including the parts all suppied is that a good price
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 18 May 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr you have to factor in how cheap it is to make good power from a 1JZ tho, with a tune, boost, FMIC and full exhaust system 220rwkw is easily acheaiveable and can most probably be done with under 2K if you are resourceful, however the 1UZ has much more power potential if you are prepared to go forcefed, more smile on dial factor too Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

good luck fitting two turbos in the engine bay tho Laughing
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1jz

You talking about two turbo's onto a UZ or just generally fitting two turbos in my bay. Cause my bay is friggin huge. and there are two big holes where obviously the turbos are meant to sit.

On another note. i went to a test and tune last night. Old yella pulled a 17.705 @ 126.39Kph. I would have liked more but i can't complain. the first run i did was 18.68 so i shaved nearly a second off that. i reckon if i stayed longer i could have easily beaten 17.7 but there was too many people there.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JUST SUPERCHARGE THE V8 AND THROW HER IN

and watch it smoke all the way to redline , woooooooooohooooooooooooo

also be prepared to get arse raped by the mechanic the charger costs a bit so it aint cheap
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing If i ever do a man conversion, it will be in time for this forum tohave finally settled on who to get to do it // how to fully do it yourself // what to expect to pay for it // which parts to use // wher eto source them from Very Happy
Coz at the moment the advice still seems all over the place.

And that Aerotop Soarer is something else, is that by anychance the WTF Soarer that site is dedicated too? (You know... that site... with the Soarer... the WTF one... Rolling Eyes )

Bang for Bucks... 1JZ although does anyone know of any examples of intercoolers on the soarers being located so as to not be so visible? What, paint it black? Push it back further?

I suppose is exposure is lost somewhat you could install a squirter kit couldnt you? To regain some of the heat loss?

Phyro
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do u want the cooler not to be seen , i only got my bigger one so i can display the damn thing in the front , just for show , and mabe some go , will soon find out how much it will give me from the stock cooler but yeah i dunno if there will be much space to move it backwards maybe just spray it black if u dont want it visible

im trying to get my soarer to look good as well as run a bit fast so thats why mine will be mounte as much as forward as i possibly can Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that a 1987 Model ?

Anyway if you need a new Glovebox insert that cardboard thing inside the glovebox i have one you can have for $150 Smile brand new in genuine toyota packing Smile

BlackSupra wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 19:55

Im going to start this post with a big thanks to JOHN DUEL from IMPORTBITZ who had this car in sydney 8 weeks after the auction ended!

Introducing.... Project: WHO IS YOUR DADDY!

Fellas might need a few spares, this sucker is drift spec!

Now thats a mess!

mmm nice suspension Smile

My front bar = FUBAR. Phat cooler though (did i mention its held in with zip ties?)

Big job to clean up this mess! (Note Norbiesqe use of zip ties)

Dash has seen better days, but hey ive seen much worse. Looks like it once had a monster tacho, and stereo has been pinched.

Trust me baby!

Volk Racing rims.....forgot to get size.

Twin cannons, at least it won't run out of puff!

There is HEAPS of work to be done to get this thing running right. Didn't start it due to a flat battery and the drivers seat being wet from a retard leaving the window down with a flat battery Rolling Eyes

Interior needs a going over, so does engine bay, so does everything really.

Oh and how funny is this, boost gauge lines run from engine bay through the front door seal!

Bonnet latch is well and truly rooted.

Boy am i glad i have 3 weeks off in june!

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is jag's comments on IC placement. since his car is practically the same as mine. i ask because i have a huge space between the grill and radiator. i would think a IC would fit in there easily and still be hard to see
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah same here but u dont want the cooler too close to the radiator as it will absorb heat from it
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=69329&start=0&rid=9304&S=89835483a6d a3424bf1b009568929a82

oh and cheers to 1200det for removing the pics from that quoted post.

While that drift-spec soarer is really cool... saves the load time on the next page Smile
Cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr i was reffering to two turbos on the 1UZ dude...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phyro wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 11:45

Laughing Laughing Laughing If i ever do a man conversion, it will be in time for this forum tohave finally settled on who to get to do it // how to fully do it yourself // what to expect to pay for it // which parts to use // wher eto source them from Very Happy
Coz at the moment the advice still seems all over the place.

MZ1x's are easy dude, just get all the parts from an MA61 Supra.
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly

HAH i finaly got broadband
no more alphastink.

secondly how serious were you about the MA61... can i nick their turning gear and decrease my soarers turning circle? seriously, dunno bout you lads (any lasses?) but my turning circle is the BITCH, limo's do better than me. And yes we could all just drift everywhere, but that has limited appeal.

erk, sorry frustrated,

and yes, 3 point turns can be done, but on a highway u turn... shouldnt be so.

anyone know of anyone tightening a cars turning circle?

laters

Phyro
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An MZ1x Soarer is just an MA61 Supra with a boot, and different panels.

Everything mechanical is the same.

If your turning circle sucks, I suggest you get under the car and see if the steering arms hit the bump stops at full lock.
If they don't, change the rack.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 17:18

If your turning circle sucks, I suggest you get under the car and see if the steering arms hit the bump stops at full lock.
If they don't, change the rack.

Hehe, we know this because my XX had the same problem.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 14:09

Is that a 1987 Model ?

Anyway if you need a new Glovebox insert that cardboard thing inside the glovebox i have one you can have for $150 Smile brand new in genuine toyota packing Smile

Yeah its 87, how can you tell?

im sure it will be fine without the glovebox insert.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Thu, 19 May 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... on the cruise out to see star wars last night... the guy driving behind me said he passengers were saying "wtf is that smell?" every time I booted it....

I think its safe to say my car suffers from the same problems as indian's. Laughing

Oh yeah, last night I noticed my headlight passenger side was out.

Any suggestions as to what bulb I should use?

If there's some really uber bright ones that I can get, I will get them and replace both the left and right bulbs.

Hi-beam is perfect, definitely not an issue.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get all sorts o crap for you headlights at the local car shop. it just depends on how much you want to spend can be anywhere from 50 to 100.

Also on the fitting a new engine note. I was in the Brisbane hail storm trying to drive home. It was like snow, although i have never actually seen snow before. I tried to move in first and it acted like neutral, second = neutral, by third i was starting to get a little traction and finally got moving. my point is that if i had heaps more power i would have had no traction at all. so i think you can get too much power for you car it just becomes useless
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50-$100?

I just want a new globe!!

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Merudo wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 09:58]hmm... on the cruise out to see star wars last night... the guy driving behind me said he passengers were saying "wtf is that smell?" every time I booted it....

I think its safe to say my car suffers from the same problems as indian's. Laughing

as in running rich wait for a while and ur cats will be rattling too hehehehehe Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ndgcpr, I know the feeling. Turns out starting in third or even fourth sometimes is a tip taught to all young drivers in canadia ( Laughing ) to reduce torque. But on the other hand, when the shitbox commonwhore is gunning it next to you... you wont need 3rd or 4th for a little while yet Very Happy
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey everyone
Ive currently fallen for the old school soarers Cool Ive done a quick search and have come up with nothing useful. What i really want to know is what to look for when purchasing an old school saorer, preferably the GZ20(?) with the 1GGTE in it. Also performance wise do they have decent power considering there weight? what are there average 1/4 times. Also spare parts, are they an issue, and is it hard to find manual versions of this soarer?

Thanks in advance!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RP_st162 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 12:37

Hey everyone
Ive currently fallen for the old school soarers Cool Ive done a quick search and have come up with nothing useful. What i really want to know is what to look for when purchasing an old school saorer, preferably the GZ20(?) with the 1GGTE in it. Also performance wise do they have decent power considering there weight? what are there average 1/4 times. Also spare parts, are they an issue, and is it hard to find manual versions of this soarer?

Thanks in advance!

ok, to tackle your questions bit by bit... i'll start by saying you live in adelaide, that's like the soarer capital of australia, so you've got that going for you. Having said that, manual ones seem to be kind of rare.... there's definitely a crapload more factory auto ones than there is manual.

the 1G-GTE in its stock form with the auto (my auto is kind of shagged, so its even slower again, but yeah) is kinda slow on the takeoff, but climbing into the revs in first and slamming into second you can really feel the power and she pulls quite nicely all the way from there. You may feel a little disappointed with the auto from a standing start, but whatever ground someone makes on a standing start you'll gain back by the time you're in 2nd gear. Smile

So yeah overall the engine feels OK, but It's going to be a LOT better once the car's running right and has a manual transmission... That's for sure.

What to look for? Try and find a late model GZ20, with the generation 3 1G-GTE in it, as typically these seem to be in nicer condition, and have SLIGHT differences in design... nothing that really makes parts incompatible with other soarers though.
If you want leather, as far as I know you'll have to go for the 3.0L 7MGTE soarer... but the velour is nice and comfortable, and black/blue velour with black interior looks pretty schmick anyway. Smile

Spare parts don't seem to be an issue as every part I've needed so far seems to be in abundance... Interior pieces and exterior panels may be more difficult, but you can always get stuff sent from japan if you're rich, or get stuff off someone who is wrecking their soarer (there's been a few people)

Theyre selling for really cheap now too, (i've seen ones in sydney for sale on these forums for only $5k) which makes me wish I holded out a month or two to buy one... but hey, I love mine, so it's all good.

They all have the digidash too, if you were wondering.
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thansk fro the reply

Considering yours is auto, a manual *should* be much quicker on take off right??? how do these fare against mx6 turbos, sr turbos, etc, etc???
Yeah the low prices i have seen are half the reason ive been looiking into them

the trim doesnt matter as long as it isnt a fucked up colour, like green..... I dont really want the 3litre 7M due to their rep (head gaskets, bye bye) Also how easily does the 1J slip into these bodies

Anyone in Adelaide wanna take me for a ride in their soarer and show me the POWAH of the 1GGTE Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know someone who will probably be willing to show you the power of a 1JZ in the soarer... and probably explain all about it to you as well Razz
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone wanna sell me their MZ20 factory body kit?!?! Razz I'm looking for them!!!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drove a manual 1g-gte in a GZ20 with not much done to it pullin 140rwkw's at the rear. i really quite enjoyed driving that. Also not sure if you knew or not but M motors are in MZ's and G motors are in GZ's. and the 20's are only 1400kg's i think so thats fairly light for a car. if you worried about weight find a Z10. they are about 1100kgs. but are more rare
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1400kg's! I wish! Mine is more like 1550kg... But I can't really help you with the 1GGTE. I have ridden in a mates GA70 supra which was manual but back then I used to drive a JZA70 with the 1JZ. So I always compared it to that.... But if you really want to go fast, or faster, go for the 1JZ. I bought mine with the 1JZ already installed and have been very happy since. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
87 model was the only one with the digital touch screen air-con controls Smile

BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 23:02

1200det wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 14:09

Is that a 1987 Model ?

Yeah its 87, how can you tell?

im sure it will be fine without the glovebox insert.

CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 00:13

Do you mean that 87 was the last year that had digital touch screen controls?
RP_st162
Regular

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the replies

does the gz10 weight 1100?? same motor or an older version? do they look the same?

I seen one cruising tonite.damn i need a rwd turbo car...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm 1JZ powaz....id be happy to take someone for a drive, they have to promise not to scream, whine or touch my stereo Very Happy

on another note...I NEED URGENT HELP!!!

the car is ready to go but i forgot to buy spark plugs and the old ones are fubared i desperately need the NGK Equivalent in iridium of 1JZ Spark Plugs, I need the NGK Number ASAP

cheers
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
87 was the first and last model to have the touch screen panel for the Air con / heater controls yes

CrispyFries wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 00:20

1200det wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 00:13

Do you mean that 87 was the last year that had digital touch screen controls?

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, chasing a set of lowered springs (sill want them soft, for daily dirving use) for a gz20. Anyone out there got some going cheap, as im trying to modify this thing from stock to pimp on a low budget, casue the piece of poo sprinter is taking all my cash.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont bother with second hand soft springs, they sag and become very average, you can get king lows for about $220 for the whole car.

If you want stiffer springs then buying second hand would be fine, but kings arent stiff
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 05:44

87 was the first and last model to have the touch screen panel for the Air con / heater controls yes

*pokes the touch screen controls in his 86* hmm, interesting Laughing

maybe that means I have an 87? It's just the compliance plate that says 86... where's the actual build date located?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:15]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1jz: NGK BKR6E gapped to .8mm
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 20 May 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers chris Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cant wait!!!

and there is a photoshoot on today!

w00t

Ill be there with some nice pictures for yall, with a couple of extra suprises Very Happy
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah BKR6E's are the non-iridium, but if you want iridium, just go to repco and get them to look under a JZZ30 soarer - I can't remember the part number though. Good to hear its ready to rumble Surprised
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 08:59

dont bother with second hand soft springs, they sag and become very average, you can get king lows for about $220 for the whole car.

If you want stiffer springs then buying second hand would be fine, but kings arent stiff

ordered Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.planetsoarer.com for all your 1UZ and 1JZ needs.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrispyFries wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 09:05

1200det wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 05:44

*pokes the touch screen controls in his 86* hmm, interesting Laughing

maybe that means I have an 87? It's just the compliance plate that says 86... where's the actual build date located?

*Taps the touch screen control on his 85.* Nope i don't believe they did. Unless your talking about Z20's cause mine is a Z10.

also quick difference between z10's and z20's. Also the GZ10's never came turbo. they are 2LNA unless they have been modified.

this picture is GZ10(yellow),GZ20(middle),MZ10(other white) (and i have found someone nearby with a MZ20 so we can do all 4 now)

FRONT
http://img284.echo.cx/img284/8651/3front2vw.jpg

BACK
http://img289.echo.cx/img289/3918/3back0lp.jpg
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooooh, purdy, need to find an aerocabin too Wink

Yeah, I meant z20s. I have an 86 MZ21, at least that's what the green compiance plate says, can't find a build date (haven't looked too hard)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah i got owned, car arrived with no petrol so it was very hard to get the bastard onto the truck.

Found a few more things today, oil cooler, greddy adjustable bov, screamer pipe, greddy A/F gauge on the a pillar and hks fuel pressure guage attached to the former glovebox.

haha i removed a sticker from the back that said "0-400STAR" good times!

On the bonnet a VICTORY sticker runs across the corner and has been sprayed over the top of.

And when you turn this beast on it sounds HORN and also has many many electronic beeps from the passenger footwell!

mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MZ10 did come in turbo, the M-TEU engine is factory turbo...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they are. but i said the GZ10's never came turbo. the MZ's did. My point was is that the 1G-GTE wasn't made until the Z20 days. So if he wanted a 1G-GTE in a GZ10 he would prob have to put it there himself
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops I meant the Z10 series in general, little mis-understanding Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 21 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
well its not running yet, pulled the old plugs out this morning and they were absolutely atrocious!

slapped the new ones in and went to start it and it would only pop once and then keep cranking, seems that the injectors are firing once only (cold start pulse I am led to belive) and then not firing at all, but steve has figured out what the problem is and he should have it done tomorrow mid morning...

cant wait really Very Happy
Pages (51): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:50:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014682054519653 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.