Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since i am poor and after my 1/4 run getting a little egar for more power (also mine is starting to smoke bad under heavy accel). I may just go the cheapest and easiest solution. Do the 1G-GEU and 1G-GTE share the same mounts? and are they different then the M-TEU mounts?

My question is that if i take out the 1G-GEU and put in a 1G-GTE it is going to be very easy and i could do it myself? I have done an engine swap before and if it is all the same mounts it wouldn't really be that hard to do i feel. Also does anyone know if the ECU runs the touch panel climate control as well? I thought i followed some wires down there. does this mean i will have to run both ECU's if i want to keep touch panel stuff?
  Send a private message to this user    
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will bolt in, but wiring will be a pain
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't wiring easy if you get a half cut? cause you just throw in the new loom. also does it fit my box, or will the new box fit my tail shaft?

Also a problem that has concerned me for a while. where do people jack up there old school cars? are there any mount points?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same mounts, use the 1GGEU sump, wiring is piss easy.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ususally jack up my car from either the front X member or the diff...quite simple really
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone good with wiring?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=69599&rid=6329&S=068266d003f555bd927cedb d958ce0b2&pl_view=&start=0#msg_648853
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have owned a few commodores in my younger days. There diff and rear axle is a large solid bar. the soarer is not, thats why i have been scarer to jack the diff cause it just doesn't look as strong. Is it because the soarer's have IRS or something. i have a hell of a time trying to find places to put my axle stands. also i crushed flat the bar that goes under the front seat, just behind the wheel arch. THAT IS NOT A JACK POINT lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jack it up from the centre part of the diff, i.e. where the housing is, it is hardened steel and meant for jacking up the car with a conventional rolling jack, works fine for me, ive never dented or broken anything jacking it up from there, obviously you wouldnt jack it up from the axels
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but then where the hell can i put my axle stands? i don't think the diff will fit a trolley jack, and 2 axle stands
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axle stands can go on the rear wishbones/trailing arms if you aren't working on the rear suspension, or on the main chassis rails if you are working on the rear suspension.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM me your chassis/vin number and ill tell you the month and year.

CrispyFries wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 12:21

Ooooh, purdy, need to find an aerocabin too Wink

Yeah, I meant z20s. I have an 86 MZ21, at least that's what the green compiance plate says, can't find a build date (haven't looked too hard)

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 20:00

PM me your chassis/vin number and ill tell you the month and year.

CrispyFries wrote on Sat, 21 May 2005 12:21

Ooooh, purdy, need to find an aerocabin too Wink

Yeah, I meant z20s. I have an 86 MZ21, at least that's what the green compiance plate says, can't find a build date (haven't looked too hard)

MZ21 - http://jnc.farpost.com/data/framno/mz21.html
MZ20 - http://jnc.farpost.com/data/framno/mz20.html
GZ20 - http://jnc.farpost.com/data/framno/gz20.html
CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 22 May 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sun, 22 May 2005 22:12

MZ21 - http://jnc.farpost.com/data/framno/mz21.html

Cool, March 86
snail
Regular

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey 1200det! what rims are they in the avatar?
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 23 May 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rears are 17X9 AVS Model 7 rims and the fronts are 17X8 DUNLOP rims. Dorift spec Laughing

snail wrote on Mon, 23 May 2005 22:09

Hey 1200det! what rims are they in the avatar?

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shite what the offset on those rims ,
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried to get my friend to order me some king spings (just asked for the lowers possible they make) for my gz20 soarer, and he just called and said he cant find any for it. So do u order them for an ma70 or something? or is there a part number that he just cant find. Can anyone tell me what i need to know to order new kings for my car?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same as MA70 supra...

they arent very low tho...not low at all

if you want lower call industrial springs down here in SA as they can do them to whatever height and spring rate you want Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ma70 ones should fit , as far as i know ,

the ma, ga, and jza70 supra and mz, gz20 soarer springs will be straight fit

if u cant find kings , then try lovells i have them in my gz20 soarer and they are pretty low look some where in the last page i think my cars in there , thats what they look like with the lovells springs

cant remeber the part number though mine came off a jza70 supra

btw anyone know the factory wheel alignment specs for the gz20 soarer need to getthat done after the car has been lowered and would help if someone knew the factory settings are they the same for the later model soarer i highly doubt it but due to the offset and hweel size being the same maybe theres a chance

nyone Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 02:09]

chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, hes going to order them now, gone with lovells instead.

Indian: What size rims have u got on ur car?

and has anyone got a set of dishy ones for sale, to suit gz20, notlooking to spend more than about $700.
Also would be willing to sell mine if i got new ones, so possibly someone is willing to swap... mine are below 16x7 if i remember corretly
http://users.tpg.com.au/~chrisell/soarer2.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to http://www.importbitz.com for wheels, John has the best selection at the greatest prices Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:06]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine are 17x7 rims with 45mm offset they do the job well , u could go more wider if u wanted though but im happy with this ones did u see the pic of my car the lovells drop the car really well
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indian: yep saw the pic, thats why im getting them.

Mr 1jz: Have been browsing there, very temped by these:
17" rims
17x8 +14 front 5x114.3
17x9 +17 rear 5x114.3
slight gutter rash, no caps
$550
Ref#- WS172-550
Due- To Be Advised

but now i wonder if they will fit under the guards, anyone care to comment. Also shipping is a cost to consider. + no tyres and 17" while my current rims have new tyres.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they will stick out a lot...

my new ones are +30 and they stick out...

besides dont get them! I want to buy them Laughing

would look perfect with the way im going to "modify" my guards Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure they will fit the soarer as the soarer offset is 50mm I don’t think those rims will fit

Coming from experience

MAKE SURE U SEE THE RIMS FITTED TO THE CAR WITH THE RIGHT SIZE TYRES AND THEN BUY THEM , I bought rims without fitting them on although they fitted right , the front wheels stuck out heaps and it wasn’t possible to lower the car due to the wrong offset so that’s why im saying make sure u see the fitted before u buy them don’t say I dint warn you later on when u loose 1.5k plus trade in 1 month old chrome 17 inch rims with 1 month old tires like I did

btw be prepared to relocate or remove the resonator in the exhaust sytem when u fit these springs as they will scrape every bump u go over, mine will be going soon

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:34]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
+14 and +17 are most definately not what you want.
It will put major stress on the bearings and increase track but a large amount over factory.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
however they will look farken awesome....

if they dont fit properly, more camber...then lower

ahhh the advantages of a track car Very Happy
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha yeah my old rims were 38mm and the back was ok but the front were sticking out , don’t get those rims , U NEED 45mm OR 50mm OR SOMETHING IN BETWEEN with a 7inch wide wheel , u might get away with a 8 inch wide wheel in the back but fronts need to be 7 inch wide if ur using 45mm offset ------ u get the drift

NOTHING LOWER THAN 45mm (u can get plenty of 38mm wheels and the later model soarer can run on 38mm wheels as they have wider wheel arches to accommodate them , so when ur mentioning which car tell them it’s the older model soarer, if u can show them the car its better) anything smaller and the wheels will stick out the guards in the front the back will be ok
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw a 1992 model (allegedly) GZ20 soarer GT, black with silver bottom twotone, PERFECT condition paint, factory manual, 220,000km, interior was PERFECT, boost controller fitted, LSD, this thing looked awesome.

Pulled over to have a look at it (it was in a car yard) and spoke to the guy about it... he proceeded to tell me that it put out 260kw at the rear wheels Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes on stock boost

AWESOME looking car though.... they wanted $9,900 for it but!!

man, that car looked so hot.

Just spurs me on to doing the mods for my car even more, shame everything else is funnelling away my month but.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Tue, 24 May 2005 20:37

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

and?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sorry I was just a little excited... Embarassed
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'Bout anything in particular?

Did I miss something?

How many people here have done the 1jz conversion?

How many did it themselves?

How many got a prof. to do it?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 24 May 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did it myself mostly, but got a professional to do the wiring and another professional to do the cooler piping and exhaust, the rest was done by meeeee Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it sound good? Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds evil...it has half a front pipe on it at the moment...but goddamn...evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck how it sounds, how does it go?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havent driven it yet Sad

thermostat is seized, so i am going to steves tonight to change that then adam from ADCO RACE ENGINEERING is coming to my place with his tig welder to finish my front pipe Smile

but ill be making a short movie tonight with no exhaust on, it is my duty Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHATS THE DAMAGE FOR THE WHOLE CONVERSION ????????
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
around 4 grand Smile

but thats doing most of the work myself and getting a sponsored clutch uber cheap and sponsored cooler piping and exhaust Smile

cant complain really, seeing I have heard of people paying nearly $8K for a 1JZ conversion, some paying up to 10 Shocked
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUYS ONE QUESTION FOR ALL

Will the w58 from a 7mgte engine fit the gz20 soarer with the right bell housing, will anything else need to be changed , some one is selling a w58 out of the 7mgte (dunno which car)and I was wondering if it will fit then I can get it has the other stuff as well like the master, slave cylinders , and few other bits too I think
Need urgent help guys

Cheers

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:25]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i don't believe i miss this page for a day and it take me 20 mins to catch up!

Looking (well sounding) good Mr 1Jz. you still have more work to do on your signature though. it still states its a 1g-gte. what did you do with the old engine????
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i got to change that huh!

i sold the old engine...

video of it revving with no exhaust will be up tomorrow, took it for its first drive tonight...omg...the tourque...I snapped third and omg it was soo awwesome Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 18:18

GUYS ONE QUESTION FOR ALL

Will the w58 from a 7mgte engine fit the gz20 soarer with the right bell housing, will anything else need to be changed , some one is selling a w58 out of the 7mgte (dunno which car)and I was wondering if it will fit then I can get it has the other stuff as well like the master, slave cylinders , and few other bits too I think
Need urgent help guys

Cheers

AFAIK, u can make the w58 fit, you will need a bellhousing to suit. The gearbox X memeber supplied will be of no use unless it came out of a soarer, unless what it came from uses the same x member(but i highly doubt that)
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 25 May 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those who wanted video...with sound, this is with no exhaust

http://rapidshare.de/files/1974950/Evidence_of_the _bitch.wmv.html

enjoy Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:57]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This post was WAY down the list so i thought i better add something. Finally downloaded the movie man but it was way short and only like 500Kb's the page said it was near 8 meg i thought. or do i not get the whole thing because i didn't want to join up on that site
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was meant to be short and sweet dude, what did you think of the sound? I listened to it at home on my PC with 5.1 i loved it, it has a full exhaust now so no more noisy beast Sad

it does spin fourth in the wet tho Very Happy
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Name:
Chris

Soarer:
1988 GZ20 Soarer GT Limited - 1G-GTE & A340E Auto

Mods:
Cam covers painted black with glitter paint
500 x 300 x 78 cut down truck intercooler
GReddy Type-S BOV
GReddy boost cut remover
Blitz street spec boost controller
Aluminium oil catch can
Dobison lowered springs
KYB strut towers
HKS single turbo cast manifold
HKS 50mm wastegate
Garrett TO4E turbo
3" exhaust, two straight through mufflers, no cat converter
Supra Mk4 JZA80 factory 16" x 8" rims powdercoated bronze
Front number plate position cut out
Bosch motorsport 040 intank fuel pump
TEMS removed
Carpet and floor sound proofing removed

Stereo:
Kenwood CD/Radio head unit
Stock factory speakers

Future mods:
1JZ-GTE coversion.
Have front cut and will be started as early as next week, just waiting on new belts, oil filter relocator kit.

- Chris.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:48]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Fri, 27 May 2005 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How's the TO4E perform on the 1G-GTE? when does boost come in? does it provide much more power?

Curious, as I've seen the HKS 1G-GTE TO4E kits for sale on importbitz all the time...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr 1jz

Yeah i thought it sounded nice, i was just making sure cause i thought there were discrepancies in the size of the file i downloaded and the size it said it was.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr its all good mang Very Happy

umm well interesting things happened last night Confused

Took it for its first proper drive....ummm...I think the oil seals in the turbos are cactus...blows a lot of oil smoke and there is oil in the intake, doesnt really feel like its making the power it should be...rather frustratuing actually, still pulls mega hard tho
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. i thinks its funny after naming all the problems you can see that you still happy with the extra power. In my vast lack of knowledge, it that a hard thing to fix?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okies on another note my car has started to smoke pretty bad (i have posted this in another thread as well). I go through alot of oil and when i punch it it gets real foggy behind me.

I guess this means that i had stuffed O rings or something? (again i am lacking a bit of knowledge. I have been told that to fix it you will need to pull off the heads, rip alot of crap out replace the O rings and put it all back in.

However i have also been told that the 1G-GTE shares the same bottom end as the 1G-GEU and if i need to remove the heads i may as well put on 1G-GTE ones and TT the car right? it would save me doing things twice?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I might have discovered the problem Laughing

one of the cooler pipes has popped off and it might have been sucking in some of the leaking power steering fluid...will fix it now and take it for a drive and find out what the go go is Very Happy
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 00:27

How's the TO4E perform on the 1G-GTE? when does boost come in? does it provide much more power?

Curious, as I've seen the HKS 1G-GTE TO4E kits for sale on importbitz all the time...

Well, it puts me back into the seat. Boost is around 2000'ish, but I've not really watched when it does come on.
With a S-AFCII and S-ITC it was making 200hp at the wheels (I think stock is 110hp?), but on the dyno it was running out of fuel. I bought 440cc 7M-GTE injectors but I'm not using them now because of the 1JZ swap.
I've also blown the head gasket now, water in the oil and cylinders firing into each other.
I don't know if I'll be selling all the 1G stuff or keeping it and putting it in something like an unlicensed track car or beach buggy.
- Chris.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE in a beach buggy eh? Surprised

and boost comes on at 2000ish... that's 1000rpm earlier than these twins kick in.

INTERESTING!

Cheers for the info.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 13:47

and boost comes on at 2000ish... that's 1000rpm earlier than these twins kick in.

I've told you before dude, you are supposed to have FULL BOOST by 3000rpm.

CHECK YOUR TIMING
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would check the exact rpm and let you know, but the whole blown head gasket thing makes it impossible now Sad
- Chris.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok...seems there were some serious problems, i have now hooked up all the cooler piping properly...it now spins every gear up to third and chirps into fourth, i thought it was fast when it was making no boost, now that it makes 1 bar...oh my god...

but the car has a blown headgasket...probably from sitting around for so long Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 17:08

but the car has a blown headgasket...probably from sitting around for so long Sad

Ouch.

Im going to remember to clean my injectors before i start the beast up, dont want crappy build up to be the downfall of the engine!
Pages (51): [ «  <  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:18:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015095949172974 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.