Toymods » General Car Talk » Soarer owners dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was just wondering if someone could take a top down photo of behind the grille of their z20 to show me what support there should be present, currently my bonnet latch is floating in mid air!
  Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 17:08

ok...seems there were some serious problems, i have now hooked up all the cooler piping properly...it now spins every gear up to third and chirps into fourth, i thought it was fast when it was making no boost, now that it makes 1 bar...oh my god...
Sad

See thats just crazy power

Can you get boost controllers that can set different boost for each gear to try and get more traction. i think it will be a good idea. If it hasn't been made i shotgun patent pending lol
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its been done..the apexi one does it, who wants traction anyway? Laughing

glenn yes...ouch indeed time for a 1.5mm metal jobbie me thinks...hopefully i wont be paying for labour tho, engine has warranty
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sat, 28 May 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, that is unlucky. Are you sure they didn't give you a 7m? Razz

Sorry, had to say it Very Happy
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 21:12

I was just wondering if someone could take a top down photo of behind the grille of their z20 to show me what support there should be present, currently my bonnet latch is floating in mid air!

Here you go;

http://users.tpg.com.au/~chrisell/latch1.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/~chrisell/latch2.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/~chrisell/latch3.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 29 May 2005 09:07

Damn, that is unlucky. Are you sure they didn't give you a 7m? Razz

Sorry, had to say it Very Happy

well it looks like a 1JZ but who knows Sad

4th engine in that car 4th blown headgasket, goddamn import motors siht me off
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Sun, 29 May 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would appear that im missing that upright support and the floor below it.....damn!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's some excellent soarer news for you lads...

my 1G-GTE doesn't want to surrender its old spark plugs and let me put the new ones in! Sad

my mate has a rattle gun but didnt want to do it in case it damaged something (which is fair enough, it was at 11pm at night) .... so i guess i'll have to see a mechanic!

Unless there's some trick to loosening them up?

I think we only tried WD40... didnt really put that much effort into it... hehe
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure you have a correct spark plug removal tool, and then use a large breaker bar, should get them out...

be very careful not to break it off inside tho
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the rubber bit out of the spark plug socket! I didn't do this and ended up snapping some porcelan off the plug which was then perched on the edge of the hole! Shocked It then fell in! We eventually got it out after about 45 mins with various tubes and a vacuum cleaner. All good now Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, why the hell would you take that rubber bit out?
It serves a purpose and does it nicely.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:12

make sure you have a correct spark plug removal tool, and then use a large breaker bar, should get them out...

Cheers, I'll give it another shot when I can.

Figured the rattle gun was overkill anyway, bwahaha Evil or Very Mad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:17

MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:12

Cheers, I'll give it another shot when I can.

Figured the rattle gun was overkill anyway, bwahaha Evil or Very Mad

yes rattle gun on spark plugs is bad mmmkay....
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:35

So I have a better feel for what it is grabbing onto. I can then be sure that it is grabbing the right section. He can do it his way, but I feel better with it out.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 09:03

CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 10:35

So I have a better feel for what it is grabbing onto. I can then be sure that it is grabbing the right section. He can do it his way, but I feel better with it out.

When used properly the rubber bit works a charm.

All it does it grab the shaft of the plug so that when you lift it up it doesn't drop.
Most decent sockets use a magnet to do it nowadays anyway.

And if you ever break a spark plug removing it, then you have installed it with about ten time the force you need to.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 11:09

And if you ever break a spark plug removing it, then you have installed it with about ten time the force you need to.

Yeah, I figured that. The mechanics who installed my wolf 3d thought that they should change my plugs because I had put the wrong ones in. (didn’t ask him to and I didn’t have the wrong plugs in) Rolling Eyes

I hate taking my car to mechanics. The wolf install and connecting exhaust is the only time I have since the last disaster.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed.
People that use the same strenth putting plugs in alloy heads as cast iron heads should be shot.

Getting the plugs out of my 7MGTE I used a 2 foot extension on my ratchet.
Fuck knows what the installer was thinking.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate sending my car places to have work done on it, especially if i cant be there to watch everything they do, you cant trust mechanics sometimes, especially if they get thier noob ass apprentice to work on it Confused
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there's no point in taking it to a mechanic to get them out is there? we have the proper tool and a ratchet if i end up needing it... but anything I do is basically what theyre going to do, isnt it?

Why pay someone to do it when I can do it myself, eh! Smile

I'm surprised this turned into a debate but! Laughing

plugs changed soon hopefully, and then the next thing I'm going to do is remove the intercooler piping, and scrub and polish it until its shiny... Smile

Never seen a 1G with that intercooler piping over the top of the engine shining before Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/frank/IMG_1960.jpg
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christ thats a nice example of a clean engine bay - good job Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most impressive.

I've gotta tidy up all the wires that snake through my engine bay like weeds... there's just so much more "crap" in my engine bay compared to that picture peewee posted...

but DAMN! so clean.

Definitely going to do it now. Smile

What are those black flat shaped plugs that go over the ends of the spark plug leads? custom ends? mine just have the normal lead ends... I like the look of those a lot.

Also, mine has a big valley in between the cams... have you put a plate or something there? Looks flush...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those leads came with Franks motor, but they are 8.8mm Splitfire ones.

And the valley cover is factory.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting... I wonder why mine is missing! Confused

I think it looks good with or without it...

But there is a shitload of gunk in that valley! perhaps I should clean it out and get a valley cover.... hmmm
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DUDE THE SPARKPLUGS ON THE 1G NEED TO HAVE THE FLAT BIT OF RUBBER THAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT FROM FACTORY , THEY ARE THEY TO WATERPROOF THE SPARKPLUGS

u need to change ur leads to something proper , i think topgun makes a set for the 1g but they are about 110 bucks or so seen them a while ago so i cant remember now but they werent cheap i need to change mine as well think they are buggered also need to check the timing i dont get fullboost at 3000rpm Confused
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have topgun leads on my car.

but there's no plate of metal over that valley, nor is there those rubber seal things which would go over the spark plug lead going into the valley through the metal plate.

THere is a lot of gunk and shit in there, which will be attacked with some degreaser and an air compressor (carefully, of course....)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the leads you have have the dust boot on them?
Or are they the same leads you'll find on a single cam motor?
(Like your old 5ME)

Someone has probably replaced them with off the shelf ones, which is why there is no 'black thing'
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look identical to the 0.8mm topguns that I bought for my cressida with the 5M-E.

heh, I'm talking with you on two different forums simultaneously
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go get some proper leads for the car and put a wanted ad for the valley dust cover.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo, let me do some fishing I think I have one of those vallet covers at home in my box of 1G bits and peices, if I do you can have it for nothing if you pay poastage
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 13:40

merudo, let me do some fishing I think I have one of those vallet covers at home in my box of 1G bits and peices, if I do you can have it for nothing if you pay poastage

nah mango, YOU HAVE TO PAY POSTAGE! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

j/k. Wink

Sweeeeet.

Wouldn't have a W58 there too, would ya? Wink

Or your old A340E?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neither sorry Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's cool.

Doesn't hurt to ask Laughing
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
figured out the problem in car
was map sensor and fuel pump relay

1jz in gz20= fuckn weapon

went for frist proper driver today
masses of torque real nice power delivery
bags the rears hard core

impressed big time

td07 aint even on yet!

ROss
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rossco wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 19:04

figured out the problem in car
was map sensor and fuel pump relay

1jz in gz20= fuckn weapon

went for frist proper driver today
masses of torque real nice power delivery
bags the rears hard core

impressed big time

td07 aint even on yet!

ROss

mmmmmmmmmmmm td07 love Cool
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I will need to be upgrading mine soon then... Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Mon, 30 May 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 months after head gasket...GT3040 time...

big turbos really the only way to fly
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody happens to have a spare 7M-GTE air flow meter around do they? Apparently BOTH of mine are faulty (one on car and the spare i had) need to source another to tell me whether the mechanic is telling me fibs or not

Dan
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the process for removing the front bar from a *z20 ?

I can't see where the hell to start!

Healights first?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make a bargain with your more mechanically able roomate to do it Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long story short...i wrote a sponsorship proposal for my roommate and he pulled my front end off, worked out well for me cos i did it while i was at work
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys ive gone thru the soarer thread and im tryin 2 get all the contact details of every1 who ahs a 20 series soarer which will also help in organisin group parts etc and also 4 the huge cruise
if u kno any1 i ahve missed or can update my info plz let me kno

name email
sydney
Merudo james_hanks@hotmail.com
snail weesnail@hotmail.com
Todd off_axis900@hotmail.com
BlackSupra ifli4u@yahoo.com
dusky007 james@garagetitan.com
1200det yep11s@bigpond.net.au
Dori Dori ?????need email
mz soarer ????need email
soara7mgte jay.fackler@defence.gov.au
Danners sauloran@hotmail.com

adelaide
MR 1JZ della@igateway.com.au
GZ20TT frankiechan5150@hotmail.com
CrispyFries jt1masters@optushome.com.au
cthulhu phump5162@hotmail.com
indian steve.morris@lincolnescott.com
Big Rob Dread_54@hotmail.com
Danish alexerik@bigpond.net.au
kikaider kikaiderontheroll@hotmail.com

Perth
Rossco greenlimo@hotmail.com
mz21_shiznac nos_fed_supra@homail.com
rayjj yehrightchump@hotmail.com
earthweb earthweb@arach.net.au
soara7mgte
Regular

September 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have some king springs

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:43]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for doing that nathan Very Happy
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no probs mate
also if any1 needs any soarer parts i know some1 who works in an import yard so i should b able 2 get em 4 u cheap
Nathan
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hook us up for a W58...

Hopefully i'll be getting the clutch and pressure plate and flywheel out of a GA70 supra soon *crosses fingers*
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey im from melbourne not adelaide lolllllllll and looks like im by myself here so wont be coming if no company but iil see if i can make it

btw is there anyway u can make a extension/skirt/lip for the rear bumper bar im after smething for the rear bumper bar to make it looka bit more low to match the rest of the car
something like the lower end of the rear bumper of the wald kit

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:36]

CrispyFries
Regular

June 2003
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was born in Adelaide, but haven't lived there in years, I'm in Melb too Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long u think we will have to drive to get there man Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo, all you need is the pressure plate, for gods sake buy a brand new clutch and pressure plate...second hand (unless its practically brand spankers is not good mmmkay)

plus you will never be able to wipe the smile off your face after driving a car with a 5 puck clutch with 1000kg pressure plate, the bite is fantastic Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6.5 hour drive to adelaide if you dont stop for long on the way, piss easy drive Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh it aint that far to canberra

us soarer drivers all have cruise control, don't we? Cool

if only i could set it higher than 108km/h
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Tue, 31 May 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has no crusie control, no back seats, no sound deadening and half a dash Laughing by trip time it will have a weld in half cage as well with 10 and 8 kilogram suspension front and rear respectively Very Happy

but ill still road trip it up Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm

I'll let you have the dubious honour of driving my car if you let me drive yours Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have an LSD?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 10:05

you have an LSD?

heh

even with that 1J beast under your bonnet, you'd still wanna drift a little 1G Wink

Nah I don't... unless it's just really sloppy and shagged and won't lock up
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get one...ill teach you how to slide an auto 1G powered soarer Very Happy

thats how i learnt
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what, i cant do it with an open diff? Laughing Laughing Laughing

i kid, i kid
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer owners dedicated thread Wed, 01 June 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 01 June 2005 09:38

merudo, all you need is the pressure plate, for gods sake buy a brand new clutch and pressure plate...second hand (unless its practically brand spankers is not good mmmkay)

plus you will never be able to wipe the smile off your face after driving a car with a 5 puck clutch with 1000kg pressure plate, the bite is fantastic Very Happy

so you really suggest I get a brand new one?

the one i was going to get has 74,000km on it...

get a brand new flywheel too?

So the only thing I need to get is the pressure plate second hand?

This is my daily driver so I dont want it to be a pain in the ass for street driving Wink So it's probably worth getting a new clutch and everything I guess
Pages (51): [ «  <  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Squeaky hatch...
Next Topic:post your best drift pics!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:16:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015101909637451 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.